Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 4, 2021 9:24 PM

Jul 2017
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The dissonance between brothers Kei and Shitan...that would be a story interesting for another time.

What happened in Idar-Oberstein is reported, but everyone takes it in stride to travel to find more clues with Fena at the helm and relying on her gut feelings (which has been correct), but in this case in a cave, she was tranced from her memories and walking like something's tugging on her. And what they reached onto...is no ordinary cave, but something like a chamber of Joan the Arc's memories about the Stone, together with the La Pucelle name.

The pirate crew who attacked them the last time also follows from behind, and Mary is quite the opposite of Fena. It's quite the predicament for both sides to face each other again, and it's a much worse position this time.

Think about it: Fena's "La Pucelle" name, and the coordinates to one El Dorado, which means that they already know where to go, leaving the Goblin Hunters out of chance.
Sep 4, 2021 9:29 PM

Mar 2014
Fena this is why you don't let yourself fall into a trance and wander off from the group!

Looks like next week she'll be meeting her creepy older brother
Sep 4, 2021 9:30 PM

Feb 2021
Fena seems to have parts of her memory that needs to be unlocked, we get to see Joan of arc's grave in this episode and it appears that Fena has been there before.
The pirate crew from before is back and they were able to capture Fena while escaping the cave destroying the exit. I can only wonder what will happen next episode.

Overall it was another good episode with no drops on the animation quality, it's one of the better produced animes this season so I hope it doesn't drop towards the end like some other anime did...
Sep 4, 2021 9:38 PM
Anime Moderator
May 2018
Great episode just like the four before. The witch's spell thing was interesting, Yukimaru's grandfather was def way too helpful in the beginning. Mary and Kaede/Enju (still can't remember which one wears which earring) are def gonna have a thing later on with how she was staring at him. I saw a connection to El Dorado coming since the (official) English version of the opening had the lyric "Of the promised El Dorado".

That teaser was really freaking good, I can't wait for next week.
Sep 4, 2021 9:53 PM

Jul 2011
Guessing by elimination process I guessed right the name of the beauty spider pirate. Charlotte what a wonderful name.

Jeanne was a witch then, and her lineage is a witch lineage?

So technically the El Dorado in this wont be in the Americas? The legend of El Dorado is a least half century after Jeanne would died naturally if wasn't burned at the stake.

I wonder if Shitan could shoot an arrow with high precision even with the fletching wet.

Sep 4, 2021 11:51 PM
Dec 2019
Guys, in the dubbed version, did one of the Female Pirates refer to Shitan as "little archer girl" or was that just in the original Japanese? Cause the pirate lady said "yumiya no ojou-chan" which roughly translates to "little archer girl" and now I'm confused.

Maybe I'm looking too deep into this but like...
Sep 5, 2021 12:08 AM

Jan 2020
I'm so upset right now because I don't want to wait for a whole week for a new episode to come out. The show is picking up the pace and I love it. I'm not sure if I should trust Shitan after he received that letter, but hopefully it's from the island's leader. Great episode. Stellar animation, as always.
I sometimes forget to finish my sentences.
Sep 5, 2021 12:18 AM

Jan 2009
so that rectangular thing Fena has is the coordinates to El Dorado eh The City of Gold, ye good for Pirates as they want treasures

and yep Shitan looks sus he is a spy of that old geezer and that new character Kei
Sep 5, 2021 12:53 AM

Mar 2008
Wasn't expecting that place to be the grave of Jeanne d'Arc. So Shitan is shaping up to be a traitor and Fena got herself captured. Now it's a race to save Fena and find the city of gold. Hurry next week.
Sep 5, 2021 2:42 AM

Apr 2018
Well, this was an interesting and plot-moving episode. Sadly, not much of action but we got a lot of information. The Witch Spell which is probably casted on Yukimaru is interesting, looking forward for more information about that. They managed to find an interesting place after Fena magically unlocked some of her memories but afterwards got captured by the weird Pirate group.

El Dorado ''El Dorado is applied to a legendary story in which precious stones were found in fabulous abundance along with gold coins.'' Seems like they need Fena in order to reach that destination.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Sep 5, 2021 2:55 AM

Jun 2019
There are still so many mysteries in this show lurking around and even in Fena's memories. They got hold of the location where that stone needs to be placed to get those coordinates. Fena has been there before.

Just when things were going smoothly, Fena and the others got played by that pirate group and now Fena has been kidnapped and all of them have been trapped there and that explosion can be quite dangerous for them.
Sep 5, 2021 4:46 AM

Dec 2015
Nice episode. Liked the comedy with the guy that just "opened" the door at the beginning. And the Mary girl from the pirates ... that always guessed the wrong way. (But the captain knew and went the opposite way.)
Sep 5, 2021 4:54 AM

Apr 2021
This anime could be the best this season
Sep 5, 2021 5:39 AM

Nov 2016
Lol, Mary has a talent in a way. Have the feeling she's gonna return the favor from before. I mean that her life was spared.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 5, 2021 6:01 AM

Dec 2020
OMG.. HOT RED HAIRED PIRATE LADY !! she's evil but hey hot evil women are still hot women nevertheless

blonde pirate girl and one of the twins lookin at each other🤨🤨i see u two dont flirt behind the curtains
Sep 5, 2021 6:14 AM
Aug 2020
This is getting really confusing why is yukimaru grandad spying on them and is shitan a snake or something
Sep 5, 2021 7:04 AM
Dec 2019
This anime makes me question who is Fena and how is she related to Joan of Arc. This was a great episode in my opinion.
Sep 5, 2021 7:46 AM

Oct 2016
Another really great episode! Also many mysteries to unpack. I wonder why the Goblin Island leader and Shitan's brother calling Fena a witch. Shitan definitely has different orders given to him that the others are not aware of. Fena is definitely related to Jeanne d'Arc somehow and how did she get there before? The place they've been looking for is El Dorado huh, interesting.

I see Enju has gotten through the pirate ladies resident dumbass Mary. Can't wait for the next episode! I assume Fena will meet that creepy blonde dude.
Sep 5, 2021 8:34 AM

Oct 2020
Hmm, Fena seems to have unlocked some more memory and, then, she decides to act on her own accord. Incidentally, Fena gets caught by the pirates and, a huge fiasco occurs. The coordinates correlate to the location of el dorado, interesting. Now, everyone's in a dilemma. Fena's with the pirates and the goblin knights are probably trapped in the cave.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 5, 2021 9:16 AM
Aug 2020
Shit just turned into Uncharted. Exploring old ruins in search of the El Dorado really takes me back to 13 years ago when I played Drake's Fortune. I ain't complaining tho, things are getting quite interesting I must say
Sep 5, 2021 9:25 AM

Nov 2019
Fena annoyed me a bit in this episode being in that trance state and getting herself kidnapped. Still, this show is really good. I´m enjoying it.
Sep 5, 2021 9:53 AM
Community Mod
Peacemaker

Jan 2017
GilbertHonda said:
Guys, in the dubbed version, did one of the Female Pirates refer to Shitan as "little archer girl" or was that just in the original Japanese? Cause the pirate lady said "yumiya no ojou-chan" which roughly translates to "little archer girl" and now I'm confused.

Yes, that is how it was translated in the dub as well. Probably a jest of some sort for his long hair. Nothing more.

Either way, while some of the events this episode were a little forced and predictable, the mystery is building up nicely and it will be interesting to see how the story plays out with Fena separated from the ninjas. Unless they get her back immediately next episode, but I doubt that will happen.
Sep 5, 2021 10:16 AM
🐰KawaiiDaikaiju🐲

Nov 2017
Really liking this show overall, the animation is amazing, the writing is (mostly) solid, and the characters are likable… but i’m sad that it has to stoop to moronic plot mechanics to move the story along: every one of our elite, highly-trained heroes is so fascinated by the map thingy that not a single one of them keeps an eye on the one person they have all pledged to protect, even after acknowledging that she is acting weird. Which simultaneously means that not one of them was paying ANY attention to their surroundings, despite being in unfamiliar territory, and knowing full well there are hostiles on their trail who have the inexplicable (and highly suspicious) ability to track them, which, predictably, leads to both Fena AND the map coordinates falling into enemy hands, and our team being trapped and/or injured 😐 These are things that “need” to happen to progress the plot, but doing so by such incredibly lazy writing in this instance really makes our heroes look incompetent 🙁
gappasaurusSep 5, 2021 11:26 AM
“SAITO! YOU NEED TO EXPLODE! FOR THE WORLD’S SAKE!”
Sep 5, 2021 10:38 AM
Dec 2019
gappasaurus said:
These are things that “need” to happen to progress the plot, but doing do by such incredibly lazy writing in this instance really makes our heroes look incompetent 🙁

Yeah, at least Yukimaru is usually so much on Fena's ass that he should've noticed immediately. I mean, it's his only character trait...
I suppose we need to cut the Goblins some slack, they are only war veterans who participated in the battle of Dunkirk of the Spanish war, but still behave like ten year olds.
Sep 5, 2021 10:52 AM

Apr 2015
Karin has a fear for ghosts, not gonna lie that was pretty cute and the part where she got tricked by the one of the others was hilarious. I did worry for a bit that Fena was possessed or something, but it was just her memories returning to her and something calling out to her.

The way Mary looked at one of the twins, if this isn't a sign of a ship in the making and a possible betrayal from her, I would be surprised.

This episode made me feel I was watching Indiana Jones in a way, just without snakes and traps at every corner.
Sep 5, 2021 11:03 AM

Jan 2021
Well, easy and simple, always trust a woman's sixth sense.
Fena has been very strange in this episode, though. And what did they say about her memoirs hiding something, what do they mean? That there's a period of time she doesn't remember?

What a problem, thank goodness there's always someone on the submarine, but it's going to be difficult
Sep 5, 2021 11:17 AM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
Welp, Fena messed around and got herself captured and it seem like it wasn't an ordinary cave, but a chamber/tomb of Joan of Arc. According to the pirates that captured Fena those coordinates lead to "El Dorado, the city of gold that contains lots of treasures. Unfortunately, the Goblin Knights are trapped in the cave after entrance was sealed off with explosives.
Sep 5, 2021 11:42 AM
Review Moderator
Onii Chan

Mar 2018
Seems like a plothole here, if Fena is necessary to find the location, she has no hostage value because they can't really kill her, the guys should have just attacked them right then and there.
Sep 5, 2021 1:57 PM

Aug 2019
Joan of Arc? El Dorado? How many historical tropes are we packing into this thing? Are we going to meet Prester John? xD Anyway, I'm excited for the next episode.

ACasualViewer said:
Seems like a plothole here, if Fena is necessary to find the location, she has no hostage value because they can't really kill her, the guys should have just attacked them right then and there.

I don't think the boys knew they needed Fena for that.
Sep 5, 2021 2:16 PM

Jun 2019
Continuing on the adventure kick with the team exploring a hidden temple andsolving some puzzles. Looks like we will be focusing on the pirate group now that Fena was captured and it seems like there’s enough there to continue this anime’s good run.
Sep 5, 2021 2:39 PM
Nov 2019
ACasualViewer said:

well they doesn't know that until the pirated about to leave and tell them that they need her
Sep 5, 2021 3:27 PM

Sep 2018
How exactly do the bad guys know where to find Fena and her crew at any given moment?

Why exactly is it that others already know what the stone is for?

This show is pretty but (Dan Brown) stupid.

Quantum ille canis est in fenestra
Sep 5, 2021 6:28 PM

Apr 2008
gappasaurus said:
Really liking this show overall, the animation is amazing, the writing is (mostly) solid, and the characters are likable… but i’m sad that it has to stoop to moronic plot mechanics to move the story along: every one of our elite, highly-trained heroes is so fascinated by the map thingy that not a single one of them keeps an eye on the one person they have all pledged to protect, even after acknowledging that she is acting weird. Which simultaneously means that not one of them was paying ANY attention to their surroundings, despite being in unfamiliar territory, and knowing full well there are hostiles on their trail who have the inexplicable (and highly suspicious) ability to track them, which, predictably, leads to both Fena AND the map coordinates falling into enemy hands, and our team being trapped and/or injured 😐 These are things that “need” to happen to progress the plot, but doing so by such incredibly lazy writing in this instance really makes our heroes look incompetent 🙁

Agreed on all that. It's exciting stuff happening, but the whole episode had the feel of a videogame cutscene. Things are moving along outside any real agency.
Sep 5, 2021 8:22 PM
Towel Attendant

Dec 2014
This was the usual Good team figures out all the complicated clues to the treasure and the bad team just bumbles along and gets the drop on them. Bad Team then kidnaps MC and blows up some tunnel blocking them inside. Nothing original here to see....move along to next week.
Sep 5, 2021 8:51 PM

Oct 2008
oh man! they got side-tracked!
i do hope they escape from that cave trap and perform sweet revenge retaliation to those pirate thugs wannabe!!
5/5.

Sep 6, 2021 1:58 AM
Jul 2018
GilbertHonda said:

Nope she 100% said little archer girl in the dub! I am not sure if it was a slight at his feminism or just an honest mistake
Sep 6, 2021 2:20 AM
Nov 2019
There are so many plot armors in this episode. It's just stupid atp
Sep 6, 2021 9:06 AM
Jul 2018
borderliner said:
How exactly do the bad guys know where to find Fena and her crew at any given moment?

Why exactly is it that others already know what the stone is for?

This show is pretty but (Dan Brown) stupid.

Remember in episode 3 when they went to Bar-Baral just before they departed that little kid from the enemy forces was spying on them as he said his beginning of the end or end of the beginning crap. They knew they were in Bar-Baral And no doubt kept track of them when they left and sent the female crew after them. Either that or as shitan seems to be a spy sending/ receiving messages from the old guy at goblin island he could be informing his master about their location and it would get around to the Enemy forces as well.

The reason they know what the stone is for could be because the guy who seems to be related to fena in some way on that massive ship with the blonde hair probably knows about the stone and Eden but only fena knows how to get there.
Sep 6, 2021 9:26 PM

Sep 2015
I must say... the is by far the most natural response and reaction from someone asking a question to Yukimaru if he liked Fena or not.
Usually it's always people over-reacting as people act oblivious.

But wow, the eye patch lady looks sexy !
August 6th 2023: Biggest upset ever, deception, selfishness, or scammed, manipulated. Heavy damage costs, and more. Days since: 15 Last updated: 8/21/2023

One Piece Episode 1041 & 1042 & 1047 & 1048 & 95.75%/1049 & 1053 were a mistake and Uta brought the salvation -AhriTheS3xyFox

Sep 7, 2021 6:44 AM
Aug 2017
Having been shown to be extremely skilled in everything up till now, the main crew really got completely incompetent all of a sudden the minute they entered that cave.
Also, given the Pirate leader seemingly knew they weren't a match for the good guys in a fight, I have to question what their plan was if Fena hadn't conveniently wandered off with nobody noticing (not to mention none of the ninjas noticing the pirates presumably having entered the main cave too in order to get into that side chamber where they caught her).

Hopefully stupid behaviour for plot convenience is isolated to here, I really enjoyed the first 4 episodes but this one was disappointing.
Sep 7, 2021 9:14 AM

Feb 2014
Things went down from 0 to 180 real quick. We're still haunted by the enigmas of these characters and they're not gonna reveal it anytime soon I guess. So Yukimaru has fallen for Fena so as to he cannot make decisions himself now. Shitan knows about it and is observing the next step. Meanwhile we're up for a clash of Knights and Pirates. Damn this show is so underated rn that it hits us with goofiness and sadness at the same time.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Sep 7, 2021 9:44 AM

Jun 2016
oh my godd this is so much better than i thought !!!
Sep 7, 2021 10:56 AM

Apr 2020
Yukimaru's back story?hmmmm who's which and what is an unknown curse on him?
Good episode overall but I won't lie I'm a bit disappointed with them putting Fena into the damsel spot again so soon. Maybe I’m being too nitpicky, but fucking come on, not one person bothered to watch her as she was walking out, even after they acknowledged she’s been acting stranger than normal?
Sep 7, 2021 7:59 PM

May 2021
First Eden, then Joan of Arc, Battle of Dunkirk, and now El Dorado. This is thematically all over the place. But I like the supposedly grand mystery of the show, and again, I hope it isn't rushed since there are only 12 episodes.

And obviously there is some type of supernatural element (or maybe just an extension of what is possible in that world) involved with Fena. And that sussy old dude also referred to her as a "witch," connecting her to Joan of Arc again.
Sep 8, 2021 8:32 AM

Aug 2013
The music this accompanying the cave scene was too good it gave me goosebumps while watching. :o

That scene in the beginning between Kei and the leader pertaining to Fena as 'witch'. I really like Shitan's character but he seems very sus now lol
Sep 10, 2021 2:40 PM
Sep 2019
The Akatsuki no Yona vibes drew me in and now I'm on board. Besides the whole letting Fena wonder off and get captured thing I'm liking the story so far.
Sep 11, 2021 5:17 AM

May 2015
Super soldiers didnt notice that Fena wander off...yeah...sure I'm buying that.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Sep 11, 2021 3:42 PM

Mar 2009
I love those female pirates.

It's too bad Fena spends so much time as a damsel in distress.
Sep 15, 2021 10:06 PM
Oct 2020
This is so stupid bro they wouldn’t kill Fena if they needed her. But they just stood there. Least favourite trope. Fire animation tho.
Sep 22, 2021 9:31 PM

Apr 2018
I knew Fena was gonna get caught eventually, but I didnt turn out it would be this bad. I hope Fena gets saved soon.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kaizoku Oujo Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

LastLuminescence - Oct 23, 2021

152 by Mild-_-Weeb »»
Mar 24, 6:46 AM

Poll: » Kaizoku Oujo Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Aug 14, 2021

84 by SwediCandy »»
Feb 9, 8:13 AM

Poll: » Kaizoku Oujo Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Aug 28, 2021

55 by PatrickJaneFan »»
Jan 15, 12:59 PM

Poll: » Kaizoku Oujo Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Oct 2, 2021

60 by Kami_Willis »»
Apr 30, 2023 4:38 PM

Poll: » Kaizoku Oujo Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

MadanielFL - Sep 18, 2021

63 by nameofuser_ »»
Mar 14, 2023 8:24 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.