Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Sep 4, 2021 6:18 PM

Nov 2016
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Luffy always gotta introduce himself as the man who will be King of Pirates. Back in the days people laughed, now they get triggered xD

Have mixed feelings on this episode. The fight was ok. I know that the anime is fighting for every second, but I'm not a fan of turning up the epicness for every intermezzo. Less is more at times. My other gripes were that it dragged a bit, that Luffy's speed was undermined and that he was portrayed as more helpless than necessary. Yamato's entrance saved it and I love her OST.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 4, 2021 7:11 PM

Apr 2021
Ahh,,, luffy is nerfed
“I am the Dark Flame Master. Perish, enveloped in the flames of darkness!”
Sep 4, 2021 7:16 PM
Jul 2018
Ah yes, Yamato. Wise semi-introduction. I like it.
Sep 4, 2021 7:30 PM

Jan 2020
Yamato!!

That was really hype and seeing them take down Ulti like that was awesome. I'm looking forward to next episode

I was a fan of the animation at times here

Sep 4, 2021 7:40 PM
Apr 2018
The manga did it better the manga seemed like luffy blitz them here he just around like spider man meh. It should have been like the blueno fight.
Sep 4, 2021 7:48 PM

Apr 2014
This episode was nice for me. Yamato really sounds nice. The voice actress did a good job. No wonder why they chose her. I loved it. The right with Page 1 and Ulti is also nice. Damn. That head butt clash was awesome.
Sep 4, 2021 7:48 PM

Dec 2013
This was a badass episode. The moment when Page One and Utli acknowledge Luffy as a strong enemy was a hype moment.

Yamato is finally here!
Sep 4, 2021 7:59 PM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
I have to say, Luffy vs. Ulti & Page One was good. Ulti looked strong and while Luffy seemed to have been nerfed, it's not really a big deal as this was what happened in the manga too IIRC. The head butt clash looked amazing.

There were plenty of seconds for unnecessary stare downs during the battle (and that unnecessary recap in the 1st half too) but their purpose must be to extend the episode's pacing so it'll properly end with the arrival of Yamato then Yamato carries Luffy and introduces that she is Kaido's son.

I had goosebumps when I heard Yamato's voice for the first time. Saori Hayami! Finally joining in the One Piece anime! <3
Sep 4, 2021 8:00 PM
Dec 2019
That was a great episode we finally see yamato. I wish the episodes were longer.
Sep 4, 2021 8:00 PM
Nov 2020
I only watched the op because I did not have time to watch the ep but today I really thought there was going to be a new op😭😭😢
Sep 4, 2021 8:01 PM
Nov 2020
NeKo903 said:
I only watched the op because I did not have time to watch the ep but today I really thought there was going to be a new op😭😭😢

Stop complaining and just enjoy this masterpiece
Sep 4, 2021 8:01 PM
Nov 2020
NeKo903 said:

Sep 4, 2021 8:03 PM
Nov 2020
Loved this episode. The opening gets me every time, I hope it never changes 😃
Nov 2020
DillyPickely said:
NeKo903 said:

??? U haven’t even watched the show😆😆😂😂🤡🤡
Nov 2020
Nov 2020
DillyPickely said:
NeKo903 said:

Sep 4, 2021 8:05 PM
Nov 2020
NeKo903 said:
DillyPickely said:

yes I have stop bullying me
Sep 4, 2021 8:05 PM
Nov 2020
DillyPickely said:
NeKo903 said:
yes I have stop bullying me
DillyPickely said:
🤦‍♂️What happens in the last ep then??
Sep 4, 2021 8:06 PM

Mar 2020
A bit too many recaps this episode, other than that, great animation here and there, and we got to meet the person from the opening, Kaido's son, Yamato! I have no idea what he means when he says he's been waiting for Luffy tho. Ulti and Page One's dragon forms revealed, they look pretty cool too. Headbutting is fatal xD
Sep 4, 2021 8:07 PM
May 2021
I see Hayami-san gave Yamato the same voice tone as Ameri from Welcome to Demon School Iruma-kun. 😏
Sep 4, 2021 8:21 PM

Jul 2007
LunyRem said:
I have to say, Luffy vs. Ulti & Page One was good. Ulti looked strong and while Luffy seemed to have been nerfed, it's not really a big deal as this was what happened in the manga too IIRC. The head butt clash looked amazing.

There were plenty of seconds for unnecessary stare downs during the battle (and that unnecessary recap in the 1st half too) but their purpose must be to extend the episode's pacing so it'll properly end with the arrival of Yamato then Yamato carries Luffy and introduces that she is Kaido's son.

I had goosebumps when I heard Yamato's voice for the first time. Saori Hayami! Finally joining in the One Piece anime! <3

Exactly, I will sacrifice the tiny little bits of recap to see THAT moment happen at the end of next week's episode. The studio is trying to pace the anime so it falls in line with the manga and ends each episode on oda's cliffhangers and ill take that over a little tiny bit of recap anyday. I mean come on, its not even remotely as bad as like Naruto.

Sep 4, 2021 8:21 PM

Jun 2014
A lot of dragging and padding stuff out, like the fight against Ulti and Page One which was extended af, but the animation was pretty good this week so the extended action was pretty nice. Yamato is finally here!!! What a debut episode, that's for sure.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Sep 4, 2021 8:25 PM

Oct 2017
Yamato hype! She's finally here and she one shot Ulti, lolz. Watching her face to face with Luffy in the anime again made me realise once again that how huge she is and I love it. Also I'm gonna love hearing Hayami Saori as Yamato from now on.
Sep 4, 2021 8:37 PM

Aug 2020
I only had a problem on Ulti's long flashback where she used Pay-Pay as a sled, and how long the headbutt clash was. But overall the episode is great, 5/5!
Sep 4, 2021 8:44 PM

Jul 2013
Awesome episode. I was honestly shocked or maybe more surprised about Ultis strength. I don't think many people can give Luffy a hard time with an headbutt lol, but she really managed to do it. I also liked her transformation. At first I thought this half dinosaur, half human was her final form, but I was totally wrong. What a great moment when Ulti and Page 1 acknowledged Luffys strength.

Until Ulti managed to grab Luffy the fight against her and Page 1 looked very favorable for Luffy, but he wasn't able to get out and almost had to use Gear 4 which was surprising. Even more surprising was the fact that it took Yamato a single attack (Thunder Bagua) to knock out Ulti which is absurd.

But if we speak about Yamato the "son" of Kaido. Something feels off about him.

Besides from that I loved Luffys reaction when he heard Yamato being Kaidos son. I have no clue why Yamato waited so long for Luffy and what his intentions are, but I guess we will get more context next week. Looking forward to it. :)

Oh and not to forget. The animation was on point this week!
Natsu88Sep 4, 2021 8:48 PM

Sep 4, 2021 8:59 PM
May 2016
NeKo903 said:
I think in Episode 1000 that was when a new opening comes
Sep 4, 2021 9:04 PM

Apr 2019
Yamato!!!! Let’s goo!

Sep 4, 2021 9:16 PM

Jun 2020
yay yamato appeared
looked better in the manga but still cool
Sep 4, 2021 9:35 PM
Nov 2020
Loved this episode and Yamato’s voice actress is so good!!! Shes my favorite voice actor/actress.
Sep 4, 2021 10:03 PM

Jul 2007
Nope lookforward to a new opening soon. Most likely after next week's episode.

Sep 4, 2021 11:32 PM

Jan 2014
The formula is getting old af... Luffy already defeated Big Mom's strongest son, then went though more training in prison, and is supposed to be much more powered up now. But he's still getting toyed with by these god damn underlings. First Appo, now these clowns?!

It would be so much nicer to see the effects of training pay off more immediately, and have Luffy put the damn underlings in their place...
Sep 5, 2021 12:20 AM
Oct 2019
Xandaros said:
The formula is getting old af... Luffy already defeated Big Mom's strongest son, then went though more training in prison, and is supposed to be much more powered up now. But he's still getting toyed with by these god damn underlings. First Appo, now these clowns?!

It would be so much nicer to see the effects of training pay off more immediately, and have Luffy put the damn underlings in their place...

See? and One Piece fans are still defend this low level writing

I read the Manga and....... I won´t spoil , You will see yourself how it will turns out. This arc started good That´s the only positive I will say about this arc.

Luffy from this point shouldn´t be nerfed nor struggling except against Kaido of course

He trained for 2 years
and 3 *weeks* of Training in this arc.... it will be logical if it was 3 months of training

Downhill of One Piece starts from here. and One Piece Manga Readers will try to say I´m wrong , But that´s how the fandom is treating the series 100% *Flawless*
Mazetriple100Sep 5, 2021 12:26 AM
Sep 5, 2021 12:35 AM

Dec 2012
THAT ENTRANCE SO FUCKING SICK

Sep 5, 2021 12:48 AM

Jan 2014
Mazetriple100 said:
Xandaros said:

I read the Manga and....... I won´t spoil , You will see yourself how it will turns out. This arc started good That´s the only positive I will say about this arc.

Luffy from this point shouldn´t be nerfed nor struggling except against Kaido of course

He trained for 2 years
and 3 *weeks* of Training in this arc.... it will be logical if it was 3 months of training

Downhill of One Piece starts from here. and One Piece Manga Readers will try to say I´m wrong , But that´s how the fandom is treating the series 100% *Flawless*

It's just really frustrating to see it over, and over, and over again... And seeing it this late just screws with the power dynamic, and makes you wonder what the hell was the point of training anyway, if he STILL needs to struggle with an underling in a fight.

Imagine if Kaido and Big Mom went to war. Is Katakuri or even Cracker going to struggle with Kaidos weaker underlings? No! That would be dumb as hell! They'd line up against the strongest Kaido has to offer. King, Queen, and Jack, right?!? Or, do you seriously see Katakuri struggling with this psycho Ulti the same way Luffy just did, AFTER POWERING UP?! There's no way that would happen...
Sep 5, 2021 12:57 AM

Feb 2015
the ost in this episode was insane
Sep 5, 2021 1:22 AM

Sep 2019
Yamata’s here and Hayamin’s the voice actor!!!!! hype
Sep 5, 2021 1:38 AM

Sep 2020
HOLY SHIT, that entrance was amazing!
Sep 5, 2021 1:43 AM

Sep 2018
Xandaros said:
Mazetriple100 said:

He trained for 2 years

It's just really frustrating to see it over, and over, and over again... And seeing it this late just screws with the power dynamic, and makes you wonder what the hell was the point of training anyway, if he STILL needs to struggle with an underling in a fight.

Imagine if Kaido and Big Mom went to war. Is Katakuri or even Cracker going to struggle with Kaidos weaker underlings? No! That would be dumb as hell! They'd line up against the strongest Kaido has to offer. King, Queen, and Jack, right?!? Or, do you seriously see Katakuri struggling with this psycho Ulti the same way Luffy just did, AFTER POWERING UP?! There's no way that would happen...

This all stands, but you have to keep in mind that base Luffy is nowhere near the level of Katakuri even with training. He fought Ulti and Page One evenly for a while which is actually pretty impressive. They are the members of Tobi Roppo, you know? Their combined bounty is almost 700,000,000 berries. It seems that many think this isn't that big of a deal anymore, but it definitely is. I mean, Franky's bounty is still lower than 100,000,000 berries.
Sep 5, 2021 2:01 AM

Apr 2018
They really had to put the whole conversation of P1 and Ulti again LOL. Anyway, Luffy introducing himself as the King of The Pirates felt good, no matter how many times he'll say it. I won't hate it.

A pretty good fight even though they made Luffy look a bit weaker, mainly for Yamato's entrance scene. The impact frames and effects were top tier. Ulti's head bonks are deadly but Luffy's head is made of steel too LOL.
Yamato's attack was just crazy, can't wait to see her more and seems like she's a huge fan of Luffy.

Welp, we'll see the other Straw Hat members in the next episode.

Yamato's VA is just AMAZING, one of my favorites.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Sep 5, 2021 2:33 AM

Jan 2014
Anime_Guy219 said:
Xandaros said:

This all stands, but you have to keep in mind that base Luffy is nowhere near the level of Katakuri even with training. He fought Ulti and Page One evenly for a while which is actually pretty impressive. They are the members of Tobi Roppo, you know? Their combined bounty is almost 700,000,000 berries. It seems that many think this isn't that big of a deal anymore, but it definitely is. I mean, Franky's bounty is still lower than 100,000,000 berries.

Your "base" level speculation might hold water in your mind, but it's a ridiculous speculation... I enjoy power progression, and power dynamics that make sense. Not power regression, and the same rinse and repeat struggle that shouldn't still take place. Especially after conquering the upper echelon of an equal strength hierarchy with Big Mom's children.

I get that it's part of Luffy as a character too. He was using ryou to clear trash mob characters, but stopped using it Vs Ulti. Why?! It's annoying. You say Tobi Roppo, I say who cares what you name the god damn underlings! Luffy should still sit them down, and go fight Kaido. Of course he'll stuggle with that fight, but THAT'S where he should evolve.
XandarosSep 5, 2021 2:49 AM
Sep 5, 2021 3:03 AM

Jul 2015
A lot of stretching this ep with the 6 min intro and the dragged out fight of Ulti and Page One, but pretty hype to see Yamato making a smashing entrance and fangirling over Luffy

Sep 5, 2021 3:19 AM
Aug 2020
The pacing felt a little slow but nevertheless it was a great episode! Thank you toei for this animation. Yamato's voice surprised me! honestly I am kinda disappointed at how little of yamato we got in this episode. but hoping to get better paced episodes in the future <3
Sep 5, 2021 3:59 AM

May 2018
Talk about point-blank hit with a bat to the face. That was quite awesome.
Now with Kaido son appearance things will get interesting.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 5, 2021 4:00 AM
Jul 2018
That Thunder Bagua was glorious, what a way to make a thunderous entrance. 👹⚡️

Unbelievable that it's only 10 episodes left until the big 1000. 😍 One Piece greatness!
Sep 5, 2021 4:20 AM

Jul 2016
R77Prodigy said:
Best girl is here.

I think you mean best boy.
Sep 5, 2021 4:29 AM

May 2020
Didn't really like the fight, it felt like Luffy was helpless, Ulti isn't even up there with Queen or King so I wonder how they're gonna animate the fight between Kaido.

Finally Yamato is here!
Sep 5, 2021 4:30 AM
Jul 2018
bro wtf did I just watch....... this was the most dragged out episode in all of one piece.
Sep 5, 2021 4:32 AM

May 2020
thewindgod said:
bro wtf did I just watch....... this was the most dragged out episode in all of one piece.
For real, the opening + recap dragged on for 6 minutes
Sep 5, 2021 4:40 AM
Jun 2020
peeps keep complaining but i love this ep
Sep 5, 2021 4:44 AM

Nov 2016
Mazetriple100 said:
Xandaros said:

He trained for 2 years

As a manga reader you should know that it wasn't portrayed as bad as here. It was in fact quite fair. Luffy tanked the headbutt without struggling as much. It wasn't made such a big deal in general. He didn't fuck around long and overwhelmed Ulti with his speed afterwards, then he knocked down P1 in quick succesion. Ulti in turn quickly grabbed him without wasting a sec.

He was ready to go into G4 immediately to free himself, but the anime had to make the situation look more desperate to hype up Yamato's entrance.

All these small changes make a huge difference in the end. Anime always had the tendency to screw up the power levels a bit for the sake of "tension" or padding. Luffy is often the loser in these situations. Look at him vs Hody or the infamous Batman encounter xD
FMmatronSep 5, 2021 4:48 AM

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1101 Discussion ( 1 2 )

phantom346 - Apr 14

53 by AlexoYuki »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 242 Discussion

Kaito__Kid - Dec 2, 2009

39 by IvanTheWalker »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 397 Discussion ( 1 2 )

HydraA - Apr 19, 2009

91 by gannoncannon55 »»
Today, 12:36 AM

Poll: » One Piece Episode 396 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Somebody - Apr 12, 2009

195 by gannoncannon55 »»
Today, 12:15 AM

Poll: » One Piece Episode 395 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Somebody - Apr 5, 2009

76 by gannoncannon55 »»
Yesterday, 11:56 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.