Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 7, 2021 5:53 AM

Jan 2020
Yuzuriyu said:
I've watched this as a kid and still remember the highlights of the story. Comparing it to Eva is pretty dumb tbh, like the themes and appeal aren't even similar. Cliche and predictable is like: what? The direction of the story was given from the first few episodes, there's nothing to predict there. Unless you predicted the "events" that lead to it? Just because a concept overlap like bestfriends fighting each other makes it cliche? CG has a lot of similarities to Death Note, the most note worthy is that their second half was a car crash but the former perfectly paralleled park while the latter just crashed. Still, people love them regardless of the flaws, they choose to see the highlights instead of the questionable parts, which is why they're highly regarded in the community. I can't believe someone would actually rate erased 8 and this a 6 and 4, tough times.

As much as people like to shit on the second half of Death Note, I can't see why you would dislike the ending as well. Even someone like me, who is a massive fan of the series, thinks that the second half is inferior to the first one (although not as much as most others say), but the ending is still easily one of my favorite moments in all of media. It felt like a very natural conclusion to me that didn't leave any room for qualms whatsoever.
Oct 10, 2021 6:34 PM
Oct 2014
Yeah it’s pretty bad. Season 2 is even worse lol.
Oct 10, 2021 10:31 PM
Jul 2018
IrrelevantGuy said:

As much as people like to shit on the second half of Death Note, I can't see why you would dislike the ending as well. Even someone like me, who is a massive fan of the series, thinks that the second half is inferior to the first one (although not as much as most others say), but the ending is still easily one of my favorite moments in all of media. It felt like a very natural conclusion to me that didn't leave any room for qualms whatsoever.
I did like the last scene and the way it concluded but the ending revolved around N which is an inferior character to L but still managed to delivered mate in a 5d chess. It's like when the best player in chess losses to a filler player.
removed-userOct 10, 2021 10:38 PM
Oct 10, 2021 10:41 PM

Jan 2020
Yuzuriyu said:
IrrelevantGuy said:

I did like the last scene and the way it concluded but the ending revolved around N which is an inferior character to L but still managed to delivered mate in a 5d chess. It's like when the best player in chess losses to a filler player.

Ah, I see. I understand what you meant by that now. And yeah, I kinda agree with you, but that ending is still masterful to me.
Oct 13, 2021 3:20 AM
Dec 2015
chiisanatenohira said:
Yeah, it's average. It says a lot about the anime community in general that such bad writing as Code Geass is generally considered a masterpiece
But nagatoro and one room are a masterpiece
Oct 13, 2021 8:30 AM

May 2021
ZakoMako said:
chiisanatenohira said:
Yeah, it's average. It says a lot about the anime community in general that such bad writing as Code Geass is generally considered a masterpiece
But nagatoro and one room are a masterpiece

They are, indeed!

best signature
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Chilli-Kun - Apr 11, 2008

276 by CobraNotKatsura »»
Today, 8:37 AM

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

babykeiji - Feb 22, 2008

122 by shakinfuture2 »»
Apr 11, 4:51 AM

» Code Geass is an omnipandering anime ( 1 2 )

Sanjay63773 - Feb 3

69 by AnimSr »»
Mar 31, 4:09 AM

Poll: » Code Geass Hangyaku no Lelouch Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Faust721 - Feb 18, 2007

142 by Ja_LYMPIK »»
Mar 17, 3:39 AM

Poll: » Code Geass Hangyaku no Lelouch Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Crystal - Feb 7, 2007

175 by Ja_LYMPIK »»
Mar 17, 2:24 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.