Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Sep 5, 2021 8:42 PM

Sep 2015
Don't worry Kyouya, I too would stare at Eiko for a long while too, and she looks more gorgeous than ever 10 years later!!

And Kyouya is not you thats the only one happy, Kawasegawa Eiko is happy too !
August 6th 2023: Biggest upset ever, deception, selfishness, or scammed, manipulated. Heavy damage costs, and more. Days since: 15 Last updated: 8/21/2023

One Piece Episode 1041 & 1042 & 1047 & 1048 & 95.75%/1049 & 1053 were a mistake and Uta brought the salvation -AhriTheS3xyFox

Sep 6, 2021 2:37 AM

May 2021
Interesting conception. I don't know if i vibe too much with many of the ideas presented here though. First of all, work is about dealing with external pressure that work within certain parameters, not really into Shinoaki explanation. The thing is, if he controlled the whole creative process then it would make sense, but was that the case? Anyways, the realization makes some sense but at the same time give us more questions, would be changing the past again be worth it? Being happy is just being succesful? My main problem with this anime is still here, things happens just because things happens. They tell us and enforce an idea but then never show it besides some lackluster and watered down executions, which is kinda boring to watch. Anything that is shown is just by the justification of a bigger idea and hence can be completely predicted before it happens once you get the idea of what is going on. All the events individually are nothing but a collage of extremely lazy expositions, the only interesting aspect is the overall sense and the climaxes, anything in between is a complete snoozefest

Sep 6, 2021 4:12 AM
Jun 2021
I’ve been a fan of the “go back to change history” trope since I first ran into it sixty years ago. Also, there’s no Law that says an anime has to follow the manga or light novel. I’ve noticed them vary more than a few times.
Personally, Tsuraki has only decided to quit writing. He’s a novelist, not a screenwriter, so being part of a team is a novel and frightening experience. Hell, I have a personal friend who has “given up writing “ several times, and has written 15 books since he “gave up” writing.
Nanoka gave up on singing? Not that I saw in the anime. Aki gave up her art? Not yet. And hell, her art in TL1 May have been a unconscious decryal of her life. Being a wife and mother might make her happy. A lot of art comes from pain. Happy people generally don’t make make art, at least not in my experience, nor in what I’ve read.
For that matter, Aki May have just gone on hiatus while having Maki. Not unusual for a female artist to do that.
So our protagonist has some hard choices to make. Personally, I’d like to see him go home and tell his friends “Look, I’m not here to put anyone down. I’m here to see us ALL happy and successful. Success is not a zero-sum game”
And I’m not adverse to the idea that they ARE all happy and successful in lives that they weren’t living in TL1.
Tsuyraki might be a successful Doctor, maybe even writing novels on the side under a different name. Nanoka might have given up on writing to, I don’t know, maybe become a fantastic chef.
What I’ve noticed in my 70 years, is that successful people change and reinvent themselves. And, here’s a huge thing, “success “ is what pleases YOU. It’s not necessarily what others think of as “success” like money or power, or the adulation of the masses.
Anyway, I’m enjoying this so far, and hoping this story goes a different way than the tired routes I’ve seen so many times.
Sep 6, 2021 10:04 AM

Nov 2012
As expected, making his friends do what he needed instead of each one taking the creative decision was the 1st step to one bad end.

Damn, he has to "kill" his kid in order to get a happy end, thats hard, I wonder if theyll show us how he feels and what he thinks before he returns to the past.

My Candies:

Sep 6, 2021 11:42 AM

Apr 2012
So, I have two questions. Did this dude literally destroy Aimi? LOL. And, do I understand correctly, the author wants to convey the message that in order to become a real creator, a person must learn to deal with obstacles himself?
Sep 6, 2021 6:39 PM
Feb 2019
I could not believe the cliff hanger of this episode. My heart ached for the protagonist. The hero, trying to rebuild an otherwise bland and barren life, does more damage than good. Now he is trying to master a whole new set of challenges with knowledge that he is solely responsible for the destruction of three amazing careers. I binge watched all 9 episodes as I have made this wish myself...but dude, never thought about the changes of ALL the other people it would affect...or should I even consider it?
Sep 7, 2021 3:54 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Haha yes, with remaking his own life he did the same for the others' ones, and of course in a really bad way... now he has to do something to fix it I guess
Sep 7, 2021 7:10 AM
Dec 2020
[quote=menpe message=64319164]
jmckenna15 said:

Being one of the "brightest animators" in 2016 doesn't automatically mean that she won't burn out a year later like Minori Ayaka.
It's just convenient to think that in a fictional story everything will continue forever in the way how it's currently going.

Key difference is in your first example, she would at least have had a good and successful career, and it looked like Ayaka might be getting her groove back. In this new timeline, that career never happened.
Sep 7, 2021 10:58 AM
May 2018
Been enjoying this development so far, it ceirtainly has its flaws (as does everything) but it's a nice watch.

Some people have complained that MC adapted too well to his new present life, well, I would assume he could just figure out a lot of his own life through his belongings, photos, documents, letters, e-mails, the internet, social media, plus he had his wife and friends to quietly ask some things about, the same way he found it about his friends. It's not that far-fetched for a smart guy like him and in 2018 where information can be found everywhere.

His marriage to Aki is something I have some issues with as well, but again nothing too far-fetched. Even when Kyouya said he didn't like her that way at that moment, but that obviously changed in the time we didn't see. As for his friends giving up their dreams because of his interference, I did notice in the past timeline that they became too depedant on Kyoya, though I don't buy they all decided to quit because of that. It was Kyouya who tried to encourage them to follow their dreams in the first place, his bad habit of taking everything upon himself however got in the way (he was doing that even before the first time leap as we see in episode 1). I get he blames himself, but there were probably more circumstances to each of them.

Anyway, looking forward to the next episode.
DannXSep 7, 2021 11:10 AM
Sep 7, 2021 11:12 PM

Apr 2012
ah yes, the 'our artist is on a hiatus and here i have a genius artist wife which i want her to draw again' plot.
i wonder what will happen xD
Angry_By_DefaultSep 7, 2021 11:19 PM
Sep 8, 2021 8:29 AM
Sep 2019
The way I see it, the problem is not Kyoya...the problem is the Platinum generation themselves.

I think I get the point of this anime. The Platinum generation are in their own way all insecure , despite being talented...and it took Kyoya coming into their lives to bring that out. Even in the original timeline, there were hints of that...as well as in the new timeline.

I think that Kyoya's job is to help them continue to create, despite feeling like they aren't good enough, which is why he is having all these time travel experiences. Because I have a feeling that if Kyoya was not there with them...there would have been a similar outcome.

Confidence in one's ability is not what we think it is sometimes. And perfectionisim can sometimes be the enemy, not the help it should be.
Sep 9, 2021 9:43 AM

Mar 2008
uwa it's not tragic but a bit sad outcome. I am not convinced that if the Kyoya did not go back in time, the end result for the studio would be the same. Of course, He wanted well, he wanted to help but his actions did not allow them to develop properly. When they were alone, they had to slowly discover their way through the maze. They had to get stuck many times, but in the end they found the right balance between work, meeting expectations and passion for creation. Kyoya, using his know how about industry, push them in the right direction that ultimately brought results (finished product) but at the same time slowly killed their passion for creation and led to burnout. Maybe if the whole team had stayed together it would have been different, but we don't know.

Now however, it's time to act, mc probably will try to get the team together and rekindle their passion for creation. Creatures of the reality he dreamed of.

Sep 11, 2021 9:41 AM

Feb 2012

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Sep 15, 2021 6:57 AM
Mar 2012
Both MC & Eiko work at midtier game company, but not necessarily worse, as they were fired from toptier company in previous timeline.
PlatGen roommates all had dulled careers, but that doesn't equate to their happiness. Shinoaki might be happier here cuz Maki. It's been clear in this group, each were fragile tho talented, Tsurayuki might eventually break off even in timeline1.
oh that's totally vampire Hikari.
Sep 19, 2021 7:38 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
The butterfly effect at it's finest. At least no one so far has a horrid future (that we know of)
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Sep 25, 2021 7:16 PM

Apr 2020
So now, everyones future got Fed up because of kyoya. As i expected
water
Sep 28, 2021 11:27 AM

Aug 2017
Why Kyouya's daughter look exactly like her mother? They could change her eye colour at least, she doesn't look like Kyouya's daughter in the first place. She's just a child version of her wife. I hate when a guy's daughter doesn't have any features from her own dad but 100% from her mother for some reason. Genetics doesn't work like that. And even if we're having fun, its a poor choise of design. Awful.

Silly episode. So, the Platinum Generation aren't even real characters, they are just robots who can't follow their own dreams due to our stupid protagonist. And now the anime can't end here cuz we must follow the "everyone must be happy, not only me" stupid plot.
NurguburuSep 28, 2021 11:51 AM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Sep 29, 2021 8:02 AM
Jul 2019
mother and it seems that this future is very bad, all his friends are no longer part of the pay generation until Kawasegawa no longer has the position he had ... 😞💔 I wonder what he will do about it to fix mistakes and all get up, or will give up his future for them 😞😥
Oct 4, 2021 7:17 PM
May 2020
ohh it's quite sad. BEST EP SO FAR
Oct 6, 2021 1:01 PM

Jul 2015
Having a job, a cute wife and daughter is heaven compared to the two-times laid off single life, but it sucks heavily that it came at the career cost of the Platinum Generation and Kawasegawa.

Well time to go from Remake my life to Remake our life! (communism ftw)

Oct 18, 2021 12:00 AM
Aug 2021
From retrospect, the game making arc in Ep6 to Ep8, and the time leap again to 2018 in Ep9 is pretty interesting.
Yes, this anime definitely had some issues on its earlier episodes (especially Ep4 and Ep 5), but passing that point, we get to some of the interesting parts of this series, where they started to put more contents into things related to artistry, decisions, dreams, ... and it turns out that the approach using unexpected time leaps - although not a fresh one - is definitely not out of place.
Watching ep 6-8 feels kinda like playing an actual VN, where the viewers are presented with these questions and decisions to make, and ep 9-? is the consequence of a route. In this regards, it seems like it may explain why they decided to put a harem relationship between these characters early on to give different choice of path in their lives, although the reason why the platinum era disappeared was more a direct influence on how this dude just killed everyone's talent instead of which girl he chose (or maybe we will see later if this was related).
Dec 17, 2021 7:46 PM

Sep 2020
Ii know it's hard but he just has to change some things if he's able to go back in the past. He should let them be creators and not just tell them what to do all the time. Honestly I really like the fact that he is married to Shinoaki but yes, some things could be better. Although I do feel he's blaming himself too much.

Mess with waifu, lose your laifu
Jan 2, 2022 1:03 PM

Aug 2014
I expected that ;d
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Jan 5, 2022 3:57 PM

May 2016
Playing with past is playing with fire, I learned this from my past experiences.
Jan 13, 2022 5:50 PM

Jun 2020
That escalated quite fast I didn't even anticipate that he would time leap 10 years in the future

A new artist is alive that's good but after learning that they all have quit their dreams is devastating to hear like he did get his life better than it used to but at the price of his friends' dreams

I like how Maki is well mannered and isn't afraid to call his time leaping schizo dad such a sweetheart, Well I do hope he manages to get past through this and we know we're all hoping for him to travel back to the past again but who knows by now.
Apr 6, 2022 8:51 AM
May 2019
Potato_Awards said:
This anime moved 3 steps forwards but also moved 4 steps back, and one of those 4 steps back was a justifies enough reason for anyone to completely drop this anime if they wish to, and yes it has done this before already, because even tho you can't accept somethings, when you just ignore common sense your anime is doomed to look stupid, also it still struggles with it's core issues even tho it managed to fix some or try something else, and i'm sad to say that you can't fix a anime as a whole because after 6,5 useless episodes you started to care a bit, so even tho seeing it be better is good, it's not enough to make it go above a 4 or 5/10 as of right now

First 3 positives:
1. It showed kyouya struggle for the first time ever, and this was lacking so much for a plot based around a new life and fixing issues

2. Even tho we kinda knew already, but showing how Mr Perfect aka kyouya managed to "destroy" other people's future because he wanted to make his on future better was such a amazing take, tho sadly they didn't properly manage it make it truly impactful imo

3. Showed how depending on someone else limits other people, he literally destroyed the platinum trio because he forced them to rely on him

Now the issues:
1. A guy just skipped 12 years into the future and still manages to properly do things, he can work, he can deal with his daily issues, and this was honestly the dumbest thing i ever seen, NOT A SINGLE HUMAN BEING is able to skip his whole university and his studies on the matter+his new social interactions and still manage to properly do everything, except if you're kyoua, because how the anime always like to imply, he's perfect and everyone likes to depend on him

2. Which comes issue 2, even in the future people still are depending on kyouya to solve everything even whe he's nothing special, which is even worse, because, if he's Mr Perfect how the anime implied, he should've 100% gotten a big job, but this anime loves logic holes for some reason

3. His relationship with shinoaki is as bad as a harem romcom, they literally only had 2 screentime moments themed around their relation, being him praising her and making her happy, and the kiss, and boom that's enough to justify a marriage (of course we skipped time, stuff likely happened) but that's the issue, if you don't show to the audience, it will look stupid no matter what, you can't just expect people to accept a poorly developed relationship to the point of it turning into a marriage, unless of course you're the regular generic to-love ru enjoyer (and being honest even to-love ru does a better job at romance than this anime, while still being mediocre)

4. The anime kinda didn't care at all about the characters outside of the main 4, it just showed them, and that's it, they just exist, we barely know enough about them, only that they're there because they're plot engines, and that's a issue because, if you don't wanna care about a character, you shouldn't be making said character appear "constantly" because you're implying that the character should be meaningful, while at the same time giving it no development so it feels meaningless

So yes even tho im happy this anime managed to properly be something outside of the empty shell of a generic romcom visual novel game, with a generic perfect protagonist, a generic "harem" and a generic supporting male character it was going for all those episodes ago, it still is a mediocre-bad anime at best, with kawasegawa being the better developed character and even tho she's on the poster of the anime she gets constantly treated as a side character anyways, which is also dumb

So yeah, this anime can have the best end of the decade, it will still be a awful anime because it doesn't know how to properly handle itself and removed essential content of the source material (aka most of their character and relationship development), and everyone who thinks otherwise is solely ignoring factual evidence and rating categories, in benefit of a simplistic analyses and personal preference, yes i'm talking to all the people who are almost managing to push this into Rating 8, which is just hilarious

Actually I give this a 10/10, to be honest.. but I gave Eromanga Sensei and To Love Ru a 10/10 as well but couldn't even be bothered to finish Cowboy Bebop so I'm not the best judge of character on this, lol.
Dec 23, 2022 8:07 AM

Apr 2013
In the first half I was really able to identify with the main character, I'd also like to redo the last 10 years. But now I'm just jealous lol
Apr 7, 2023 5:17 AM
Dec 2022
Kyouya's future now as a game development manager working with Eiko in the same company. Shinoaki given up on art after getting tired of working on art in games.
Jul 27, 2023 3:55 PM
Oct 2022
COWARD MC FOR LEAVE THE WIFE AND DON'T LOVE EX-WIFE IN PAST TIME FOR THE FUTURE LOVE
Aug 16, 2023 5:15 AM

Dec 2007
i'm really wondering where this is going to. i figured kyoyai would do another leaping, but in the end he's staying in this future? then again, i don't know if he has the will to wish his daughter wouldn't exists.

rather than that, i love the message of this episode. "life isn't perfect". kyoyai thought first and utmost only about himself. he did whatever he wanted to do to succeed. and when you succeeds, sometimes others aren't. that's the way of the world.
in some sense, it's the most realism anime i had ever watched. apart from the time travel lol

the only problem i have with this presentation, is the fact that the whole drama tamed down to kyouyai "destroying" his friends. while i get that anime is usually being watched by young audience, so they presented it in a "bad" way, but in a more mature presentation, kyouyai would understand that his "skills" revealed that his friends always had been insecure, and that "platinum generation" or whatever, was only a fluke.
and that's not the only flaw of this anime, but i think it's enough to make this anime stay in the 7 score and now lower or higher.

really wonder whats going to be from now on.
User-NameAug 16, 2023 5:31 AM
Mar 1, 6:20 PM
Jan 2024
The changeing point of the story is heartbreaking but I love it
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bokutachi no Remake Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

KANLen09 - Sep 25, 2021

171 by Talamare »»
Apr 17, 5:18 AM

Poll: » Bokutachi no Remake Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 10, 2021

124 by Talamare »»
Apr 17, 1:18 AM

Poll: » Bokutachi no Remake Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 21, 2021

89 by XoTimoteo »»
Mar 1, 4:52 PM

Poll: » Bokutachi no Remake Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 11, 2021

84 by JohnZ_GGs »»
Jan 25, 6:42 AM

» Season 2

Samdragnor - Jul 15, 2023

20 by Hitagi__Furude »»
Dec 29, 2023 9:11 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.