53.9%
I don't ship them.
34.0%
I don't know.
12.1%
536 votes
Sep 3, 2021 6:27 AM

Sep 2014
Anyone else think Fuuka shoud ask Kukuru for a date?

------------------------
Mod Note:
Thread Locked

This thread was bumped multiple times and readily derailed each time.

In accordance with the board-specific rules please remember to follow the Site Guidelines as well to further prevent violations.

dipItFooMay 3, 2022 12:34 AM
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Sep 3, 2021 7:03 AM

Dec 2018
I don't know

P.A.Works seems to dislike lesbians and doesn't want to acknowledge their existence. Look at their previous work. Bait and more bait. Real lesbians cant exist in their world, they just use them for bait

Because it's P.A.Works and their history in Yuri bait, I sadly believe that ship is doomed to sink

Sep 3, 2021 7:11 AM

Sep 2014
Yuri-Crusader said:
I don't know

P.A.Works seems to dislike lesbians and doesn't want to acknowledge their existence. Look at their previous work. Bait and more bait. Real lesbians cant exist in their world, they just use them for bait

Because it's P.A.Works and their history in Yuri bait, I sadly believe that ship is doomed to sink

There's a gay character in Haruchika. P.A. Works doesn't dislike same-sex relationship. They just didn't made a homosexual romance yet. Aquatope is their first anime with actual yuri bait.
Sep 3, 2021 7:24 AM

Jul 2015
Hrybami said:
Yuri-Crusader said:
I don't know

There's a gay character in Haruchika. P.A. Works doesn't dislike same-sex relationship. They just didn't made a homosexual romance yet. Aquatope is their first anime with actual yuri bait.

Hanasaku Iroha and Sakura Quest, both had much more "clear" yuri bait than this, but Ohana even had a male love interest, so I really doubt any lesbian romance will come out of it. But it is anime original, so we'll see.
Also, MC of Haruchika was widely considered as one of the worst of 2016, so I disadvise to take an example from a bad writing.
Anyway, if you perceive any interaction between two female characters as "yuri bait", then no offense, but you might have spent too much time on Tumblr or Twitter.

Sep 3, 2021 7:34 AM

Dec 2018
Hrybami said:
Yuri-Crusader said:
I don't know

I haven't watched HaruChika:. But I have watched and wasted my time on Fairy Gone and SQ

Fairy Gone for one example has IMO strong Yuri vibes/bait. I loved that lesbian ship and praised it. and what did they do,,,,,,,

That anime proves for me the views they have on lesbians and females in general

Oh I am not saying you are wrong here. If you don't interpret the interaction between the females in their previous anime as something lesbian I respect that

But I did! And they sink my beloved lesbian ship. Never going to trust them again after that, sparing myself the bitter disappointment that often follows after watching an anime from this studio

Yuri-CrusaderSep 3, 2021 7:38 AM
Sep 3, 2021 7:40 AM

Apr 2016
Wait till the mystery of the two maternity handbooks is revealed, till then calm your tits.

I feel like this time P.A Works is baiting more than just yuri shippers.
Sep 3, 2021 7:44 AM

Sep 2014
Piromysl said:
Hrybami said:

Hanasaku Iroha and Sakura Quest, both had much more "clear" yuri bait than this, but Ohana even had a male love interest, so I really doubt any lesbian romance will come out of it. But it is anime original, so we'll see.
Also, MC of Haruchika was widely considered as one of the worst of 2016, so I disadvise to take an example from a bad writing.
Anyway, if you perceive any interaction between two female characters as "yuri bait", then no offense, but you might have spent too much time on Tumblr or Twitter.

Hanasaku Iroha and Sakura Quest didn't have clear yuri bait at all. It was obviously fan-service kind of tease and not in a romantical way while in Aquatope the teasing doesn't revolve around fan-service and more in a romantic way. The scene where they touched cheek to see if they can understand each other more was screaming yuri bait. Last episode they slept together while holding hand. They might see each other as sisters and it also might be the intention of the writer. However that doesn't exclude the possibility of a shoujo ai story since the point of a coming of age romance anime is that the characters don't quite fully understand their feelings. The relationship in Aquatope look more like the ones in other shoujo ai anime than in regular friendship anime like Sakura Quest or Hanasaku Iroha.

I have never heard about Haruchika MC being the worst of 2016 lol. I thought this anime was good.

I don't even know what Tumblr is and I can't access Twitter because I've never created an account there. And it's not "any interaction" either. The way Fuuka involve herself in Kukuru's life despite barely knowing her is something closer to love-interest or a family rather than any friendship.
Sep 3, 2021 9:16 AM

Jul 2015
Hrybami said:
Piromysl said:

Hanasaku Iroha and Sakura Quest didn't have clear yuri bait at all. It was obviously fan-service kind of tease and not in a romantical way while in Aquatope the teasing doesn't revolve around fan-service and more in a romantic way. The scene where they touched cheek to see if they can understand each other more was screaming yuri bait. Last episode they slept together while holding hand. They might see each other as sisters and it also might be the intention of the writer. However that doesn't exclude the possibility of a shoujo ai story since the point of a coming of age romance anime is that the characters don't quite fully understand their feelings. The relationship in Aquatope look more like the ones in other shoujo ai anime than in regular friendship anime like Sakura Quest or Hanasaku Iroha.

I have never heard about Haruchika MC being the worst of 2016 lol. I thought this anime was good.

I don't even know what Tumblr is and I can't access Twitter because I've never created an account there. And it's not "any interaction" either. The way Fuuka involve herself in Kukuru's life despite barely knowing her is something closer to love-interest or a family rather than any friendship.

You seriously do think, that any form of interaction between two characters of the same sex make them homosexual, don't you? Well, it doesn't. And it doesn't look like in other shoujo ai anime, but rather in CGDCT. On top of that, not writer nor director have any experience in any LGBT anime, so...
Anyway, Kukuru clearly said to the camera, that "she would want to have a sister like her", so there your ship sinks.

And Haruchika was the second worst anime PA ever did.

Sep 3, 2021 9:27 AM

Sep 2014
Piromysl said:
You seriously do think, that any form of interaction between two characters of the same sex make them homosexual, don't you? Well, it doesn't. And it doesn't look like in other shoujo ai anime, but rather in CGDCT.

What are you talking about? You're the one who said that Hanasaku Iroha and Sakura Quest had yuri baits. I'm the one who said the opposite. That it's not any interaction that makes them homosexual.

Piromysl said:
On top of that, not writer nor director have any experience in any LGBT anime, so...

There's a beginning to everything. Don't you think?

Piromysl said:
Anyway, Kukuru clearly said to the camera, that "she would want to have a sister like her", so there your ship sinks.

You know, relationships and feelings aren't static things. I doubt anyone actually expected those two to become lovers right at the start. Or in other words, it's actually pretty common to have relationship development later on which compromise earlier feelings aka realization.
Sep 3, 2021 9:46 AM

Jul 2015
Hrybami said:
What are you talking about? You're the one who said that Hanasaku Iroha and Sakura Quest had yuri baits. I'm the one who said the opposite. That it's not any interaction that makes them homosexual.

I don't really like explaining what I literally wrote, so I'll leave it at that.

Hrybami said:
There's a beginning to everything. Don't you think?

I'd rather believe, that studio decided to carry on the checked formula. Dismissed.

Hrybami said:
You know, relationships and feelings aren't static things. I doubt anyone actually expected those two to become lovers right at the start. Or in other words, it's actually pretty common to have relationship development later on which compromise earlier feelings aka realization.

We are at episode 9 and there is still no development of their romantic relationship in sight, yet their comradery is getting stronger.
I am safely assuming, that PA is doing yet another show with cute girls and their comradery at the workplace at the forefront.

Sep 3, 2021 10:24 AM

Sep 2014
Piromysl said:
I'd rather believe, that studio decided to carry on the checked formula. Dismissed.

This studio is pretty much willing to do about anything. For a small studio, they covered a lot of topic including Horror Thriller (Another), Vampire (Sirius), Mecha (Kuromukuro), Idols (Uma Musume), Cars (Appare-Ranman), Music (Haruchika), Kids (Layton) and a lot more. The only genre P.A.Works never did are Ecchi/Harem, Dementia/Psychological and homosexual romance. But I'm sure they are doing to cover these genre sooner or later.

Piromysl said:
We are at episode 9 and there is still no development of their romantic relationship in sight, yet their comradery is getting stronger.
I am safely assuming, that PA is doing yet another show with cute girls and their comradery at the workplace at the forefront.

Well that's boring. As much as I love this show, I wished it would take the risk of doing something more than a workplace environment. I wouldn't love this anime more if they decide to go out before the end tho. I would just be disappointed that these yuri baits were indeed nothing more than bait.
Sep 3, 2021 12:23 PM

Jun 2019
I'm not anti-lesbian/same-sex relationships, but I do not personally see any either credible evidence or even hints or subtext indicating any kind of romantic or sexual relationship, affection, or interest.

It is possible for two people, whether of opposite sex or of the same sex, to develop a mutually deep relationship, a strong friendship, and even a type of platonic love which is more similar to familial love without anything being remotely romantic and/or sexual about it.

In the last episode, Kukuru even refers explicitly to seeing and desiring to see Fuuka as a big sister figure, despite their close proximity in age. I was actually shocked that a line like that was stated that explicitly when I had previously seen it tossed around in all the conversations on the forum here speculating about the nature of their relationship and future direction and development of said relationship. If anything, that seemed like something of an overt final nail in the coffin for the romantic "shippers'" theories.

I also don't know why people see any depiction of a growing bond between two characters of the same sex in anime (in all media, really) and interpret that to in any way mean the likelihood or even inevitability of a romantic relationship. People also do the same for characters of the opposite sex, which is also wrong and often jumping the gun, but at least just probability-wise that's more likely based on the percentage of the human population which are heterosexuals relative to homosexuals or (at least conscious and practicing) bisexuals.

One aspect about this I also heavily dislike is the unspoken yet inherent implication in this mindset that platonic and familial love are less serious, real, meaningful, valuable, or valid as romantic love. That a relationship must become romantic for it to be worthwhile or mean anything, and otherwise is worthy of being dismissed.

If it goes in that direction then it goes in that direction, but right now it just seems to me that people project this on to any two same-sex characters who are not blood relatives.
Sep 9, 2021 7:35 AM

Apr 2012
@WatchTillTandava Careful with that, Anthony Mackie has already been canceled just because he asked why any character's friendship nowadays should be perceived as potential romance, lol.
Sep 9, 2021 12:26 PM

Feb 2019
No. They aren't lesbians.
The line below is True.
The line above is False.
Sep 9, 2021 12:27 PM

Jun 2019
RobertBobert said:
@WatchTillTandava Careful with that, Anthony Mackie has already been canceled just because he asked why any character's friendship nowadays should be perceived as potential romance, lol.

I think I came out of the womb as a contrarian with a predisposition to being "politically incorrect" (however that's arbitrarily defined depending on whichever era/location we;re in) so I'm the sort that if I held any office or position publicly or of any influence that a hopped up mob like those in today's climate wanted to go after, I would be someone canceled on day one or before I even got started...
Sep 9, 2021 1:33 PM

May 2016
WatchTillTandava said:
I'm not anti-lesbian/same-sex relationships, but I do not personally see any either credible evidence or even hints or subtext indicating any kind of romantic or sexual relationship, affection, or interest.

It is possible for two people, whether of opposite sex or of the same sex, to develop a mutually deep relationship, a strong friendship, and even a type of platonic love which is more similar to familial love without anything being remotely romantic and/or sexual about it.

In the last episode, Kukuru even refers explicitly to seeing and desiring to see Fuuka as a big sister figure, despite their close proximity in age. I was actually shocked that a line like that was stated that explicitly when I had previously seen it tossed around in all the conversations on the forum here speculating about the nature of their relationship and future direction and development of said relationship. If anything, that seemed like something of an overt final nail in the coffin for the romantic "shippers'" theories.

I also don't know why people see any depiction of a growing bond between two characters of the same sex in anime (in all media, really) and interpret that to in any way mean the likelihood or even inevitability of a romantic relationship. People also do the same for characters of the opposite sex, which is also wrong and often jumping the gun, but at least just probability-wise that's more likely based on the percentage of the human population which are heterosexuals relative to homosexuals or (at least conscious and practicing) bisexuals.

One aspect about this I also heavily dislike is the unspoken yet inherent implication in this mindset that platonic and familial love are less serious, real, meaningful, valuable, or valid as romantic love. That a relationship must become romantic for it to be worthwhile or mean anything, and otherwise is worthy of being dismissed.

If it goes in that direction then it goes in that direction, but right now it just seems to me that people project this on to any two same-sex characters who are not blood relatives.
sure lol. whatever you say. keep telling yourself that

Sep 9, 2021 1:42 PM

Jun 2019
Kayle_x_Morgana said:

I think the disconnect stems from the fact that some people seem to only view physical intimacy as romantic and/or sexual whereas I think this ignores familial and other forms of platonic love and affection which can be equally fervent and are significant.

As I indicated in my post though, I have no stake either way in the outcome of this. I would be fine if they pursued a romantic relationship, pursued a sibling relationship, or found out they were actual siblings and...still pursued a romantic relationship. I have no problem with many kinds of relationships. I'm just speaking logically about the assumed trajectory based on all evidence and indicators I've seen so far. That analysis isn't a declaration of a desired outcome on my part. My only desire is that whichever form of relationship and, on a meta level, which overall style of story and direction the show itself pursues, that it will be executed at a high caliber.
Sep 9, 2021 1:43 PM

May 2016
WatchTillTandava said:
Kayle_x_Morgana said:

I think the disconnect stems from the fact that some people seem to only view physical intimacy as romantic and/or sexual whereas I think this ignores familial and other forms of platonic love and affection which can be equally fervent and are significant.

As I indicated in my post though, I have no stake either way in the outcome of this. I would be fine if they pursued a romantic relationship, pursued a sibling relationship, or found out they were actual siblings and...still pursued a romantic relationship. I have no problem with many kinds of relationships. I'm just speaking logically about the assumed trajectory based on all evidence and indicators I've seen so far. That analysis isn't a declaration of a desired outcome on my part. My only desire is that whichever form of relationship and, on a meta level, which overall style of story and direction the show itself pursues, that it will be executed at a high caliber.

what sibling relationship says to touch me?
Sep 9, 2021 2:09 PM

Jun 2019
Kayle_x_Morgana said:

The best kind, I'd say. Physical affection is a common part of many, if not most, human relationships; including familial ones.

Sep 9, 2021 2:28 PM

May 2016
WatchTillTandava said:
Kayle_x_Morgana said:

The best kind, I'd say. Physical affection is a common part of many, if not most, human relationships; including familial ones.

uh yeah sure dude.. lmfao hey let me rub your back. and wash your back. maybe change your clothes next time. maybe a hand job after?
Sep 9, 2021 2:38 PM

Jun 2019
Kayle_x_Morgana said:
uh yeah sure dude.. lmfao hey let me rub your back. and wash your back. maybe change your clothes next time. maybe a hand job after?

If it seems so alien or foreign to you or you cannot understand it (or don't wish to understand it), then I would simply say you have a very limited and restrictive view of relationships and what relationships can entail. Many familial relationships of all kinds have featured a lot more extensive touching than that. It depends first on the broader culture and secondarily on the individual family and person in question; what they're raised with and what they're comfortable with. Just because you don't have a particular form of relationship or your relationship doesn't manifest in that way with your sister/brother/mother/father/cousin/friend/etc. doesn't mean that's applicable to others' relationships. The idea that warm and comforting touching is outside the realm of platonic relationships seems like a personal view on your part.
Sep 9, 2021 4:35 PM

Jul 2015
Now, it seems there is something brewing between Kai and Kukuru, so this ship is sinking even deeper.

Sep 9, 2021 5:22 PM

Sep 2008
I don't see a yuri relationship in the cards for Fuuka and Kukuru. Like prior works from PA Works, see this more as a close friendship between the girls, especially with the series showing greater focus on Kukuru's character problems and its paranormal elements in recent episodes.
Sep 9, 2021 5:40 PM

Mar 2020
FUUKA X KUKURU SHIP GOES BRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

I know it won't happen because they're trying really hard to play that "sister" card, but I would love to see it happen. I have become a shipper just for these two chicks at this point.

I love how the OP's question is "Do you ship them" but the replies are like "No they can't be gay because they're just friends or sister REEEEEEEEE gay in muh animu is bad >:((((" like just say "No I don't ship them" and go brah fucking hell.
Sep 10, 2021 1:41 AM

Apr 2016
Judevin said:
FUUKA X KUKURU SHIP GOES BRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

I know it won't happen because they're trying really hard to play that "sister" card, but I would love to see it happen. I have become a shipper just for these two chicks at this point.

I love how the OP's question is "Do you ship them" but the replies are like "No they can't be gay because they're just friends or sister REEEEEEEEE gay in muh animu is bad >:((((" like just say "No I don't ship them" and go brah fucking hell.

Im trying very hard, but your reply till now is the only one with animu in it.

Also imagine telling people what they should do.
Sep 10, 2021 3:50 AM

Mar 2020
Swagernator said:
Judevin said:
No they can't be gay because they're just friends or sister REEEEEEEEE gay in muh animu is bad >:(((("
Indeed, I used what is referred to as 'hyperbole' in English.
If you actually look at my sentence carefully, that sentence has not even once been used in this entire thread, it is a complete fabrication meant to be sarcastic, unfortunately for me, you took it rather literally.

I hope I helped you in learning English though! I know it is a tough language to master, I'm a native speaker and even I have problems sometime. :)
Sep 10, 2021 4:00 AM

Apr 2016
Judevin said:
Swagernator said:
Indeed, I used what is referred to as 'hyperbole' in English.
If you actually look at my sentence carefully, that sentence has not even once been used in this entire thread, it is a complete fabrication meant to be sarcastic, unfortunately for me, you took it rather literally.

I hope I helped you in learning English though! I know it is a tough language to master, I'm a native speaker and even I have problems sometime. :)

You do have yeah, i can agree on that. Thanks for the info tho.
Sep 12, 2021 4:22 PM

Jul 2016
Yuri?

Why do people want to turn a decent-looking anime into Trash?

We all know that these type of animes always end up without a 2nd season
Sep 14, 2021 7:29 PM

May 2016
Kayle_x_Morgana said:
WatchTillTandava said:

i don't see yuri at all, people really just look way too into these things now and complain at bait. Same sex friendship is a thing and some may be a bit more affectionate to each other than others will be but that's normal it doesn't mean there's any romance involved just as there is none here[/quote]

What else would "i never realized you felt that way" whilst putting each others hands on each others cheeks and blushing.
babyakiNov 26, 2021 5:58 AM
Sep 20, 2021 4:56 AM

Jul 2016
Kayle_x_Morgana said:
[quote=KazuKotomine

What else would "i never realized you felt that way" whilst putting each others hands on each others cheeks and blushing.

I take it that you never saw Sound! Euphonium
Sep 20, 2021 6:09 PM

May 2016
Raptors0verlord said:
Kayle_x_Morgana said:
[quote=KazuKotomine

believe i heard about it but it is music so didn't watch
Sep 20, 2021 7:28 PM

Sep 2014
Kayle_x_Morgana said:
Raptors0verlord said:

lol. The Yuri bait might be even worse in hibike Euphonium.
Sep 21, 2021 5:04 PM

Apr 2021
Piromysl said:
Now, it seems there is something brewing between Kai and Kukuru, so this ship is sinking even deeper.

I really don't have a stake in this since I'll continue watching regardless of yuri or yuribait, but it's really easy to also say that Kai and Kukuru's relationship is just platonic and people are just looking into it too much.
Sep 22, 2021 5:17 PM

Apr 2018
If it happens and it does, sure what could go wrong?

From another point of view, we are only halfway through the program and it is early to draw conclusions.

You and the rose are connected. Know the weight of your own life
Sep 23, 2021 4:19 AM
Jul 2021
Yes, I ship them. But I'm sure they won't end up together.
Sep 23, 2021 7:31 AM

Apr 2012
Hrybami said:
Kayle_x_Morgana said:

Ironically, even the original LN, which has a strong straight romantic subplot, was perceived as gay by shippers. That's all you need to know about interpretations.

@Piromysl Every time I try to understand the logic of Western shippers, it seems to me that the United States is an extremely conservative country, where any, even the most subtle intimacy between people of the same sex is immediately perceived as suspicious. I mean, hell, Russia is a homophobic country, but our girls hold hands all the time and no one thinks it's weird.

Rachiba said:

From another point of view, we are only halfway through the program and it is early to draw conclusions.

Do you think that it is too early to draw conclusions, but at the same time you think that this will definitely happen? I don't quite understand your comment.
Sep 23, 2021 7:52 AM

Sep 2014
RobertBobert said:
Ironically, even the original LN, which has a strong straight romantic subplot, was perceived as gay by shippers. That's all you need to know about interpretations

I don't see the world in either black or white. Things can be more than one thing or could be nothing at all. That's why relying on interpretation is more important than trying to find definitive conclusions to everything.

RobertBobert said:
@Piromysl Every time I try to understand the logic of Western shippers, it seems to me that the United States is an extremely conservative country, where any, even the most subtle intimacy between people of the same sex is immediately perceived as suspicious. I mean, hell, Russia is a homophobic country, but our girls hold hands all the time and no one thinks it's weird.

Subtle intimacy could be perceived as suspicious depending on the context and how you would interpret it. I think where you fail to understand is on the limit of the interpretation itself. Interpreting something as potentially gay doesn't mean you think for sure that they are gay. You can do things that could be considered gay depending on the given context while it doesn't make you gay. Like, going in a gay bar could be interpreted as being gay, but if he's just a straight guy accompanying a friend, then that doesn't make him gay. Instead, we should rather trust what people say e.g. if someone says he's gay, then we should trust him. It's not the interpreter to decide if they are gay although they are authorized to give their opinions.
Sep 23, 2021 7:54 AM

Jul 2015
RobertBobert said:
Every time I try to understand the logic of Western shippers, it seems to me that the United States is an extremely conservative country, where any, even the most subtle intimacy between people of the same sex is immediately perceived as suspicious. I mean, hell, Russia is a homophobic country, but our girls hold hands all the time and no one thinks it's weird.

what

bottom textt

Sep 23, 2021 8:01 AM

Apr 2012
Hrybami said:
RobertBobert said:
Ironically, even the original LN, which has a strong straight romantic subplot, was perceived as gay by shippers. That's all you need to know about interpretations

I don't see the world in either black or white. Things can be more than one thing or could be nothing at all. That's why relying on interpretation is more important than trying to find definitive conclusions to everything.

RobertBobert said:

Subtle intimacy could be perceived as suspicious depending on the context and how you would interpret it. I think where you fail to understand is on the limit of the interpretation itself. Interpreting something as potentially gay doesn't mean you think for sure that they are gay. You can do things that could be considered gay depending on the given context while it doesn't make you gay. Like, going in a gay bar could be interpreted as being gay, but if he's just a straight guy accompanying a friend, then that doesn't make him gay. Instead, we should rather trust what people say e.g. if someone says he's gay, then we should trust him. It's not the interpreter to decide if they are gay although they are authorized to give their opinions.

Tell that to the girls from Genshin fandom who attack men, as their love for Ei somehow insults their headcanon that she is a lesbian. Or the slashers from AOT fandom, who wrote death threats to the author due to the fact that at some point he finally destroyed their fantasies that Eren was gay.

Justifying the interpretation by saying that you can interpret things is an argument to an argument, and I'm not going to bother with that. Especially when most of the queer readings are cherry picking.

Piromysl said:
RobertBobert said:
Every time I try to understand the logic of Western shippers, it seems to me that the United States is an extremely conservative country, where any, even the most subtle intimacy between people of the same sex is immediately perceived as suspicious. I mean, hell, Russia is a homophobic country, but our girls hold hands all the time and no one thinks it's weird.

what

bottom textt

My point is that the American understanding of gayness seems to completely deny the existence of platonic interaction at all.
Sep 23, 2021 8:05 AM

Sep 2014
RobertBobert said:
Hrybami said:

Tell that to the girls from Genshin fandom who attack men, as their love for Ei somehow insults their headcanon that she is a lesbian. Or the slashers from AOT fandom, who wrote death threats to the author due to the fact that at some point he finally destroyed their fantasies that Eren was gay.

Justifying the interpretation by saying that you can interpret things is an argument to an argument, and I'm not going to bother with that. Especially when most of the queer readings are cherry picking

What the actual fcuk? You're seriously labelling the west with the worst thing you can find on internet?
Sep 23, 2021 8:08 AM

Apr 2012
Hrybami said:
RobertBobert said:

Justifying the interpretation by saying that you can interpret things is an argument to an argument, and I'm not going to bother with that. Especially when most of the queer readings are cherry picking

What the actual fcuk? You're seriously labelling the west with the worst thing you can find on internet?

And by what people should I base my opinion on the West? I literally see myself or hear about the next such shit literally every day.
Sep 23, 2021 8:13 AM

Sep 2014
RobertBobert said:
Hrybami said:

And by what people should I base my opinion on the West? I literally see myself or hear about the next such shit literally every day.

Maybe try to look into things with a more constructive view. I've lived in Canada my whole life and it's the very first time I've ever heard something like that. And no, I don't live in my basement. I've studied and worked to a lot of place and I met a lot of people from across the country. The things you're trying to criticize from the west seems like extremely isolated case. Literally nobody has issue recognizing platonic relationships here.
Sep 23, 2021 8:32 AM

Apr 2012
Hrybami said:
RobertBobert said:

Maybe try to look into things with a more constructive view. I've lived in Canada my whole life and it's the very first time I've ever heard something like that. And no, I don't live in my basement. I've studied and worked to a lot of place and I met a lot of people from across the country. The things you're trying to criticize from the west seems like extremely isolated case. Literally nobody has issue recognizing platonic relationships here.

There are no such things as sarcasm and hyperbole in Canada?
Sep 23, 2021 8:37 AM

Apr 2018
RobertBobert said:
Hrybami said:

Ironically, even the original LN, which has a strong straight romantic subplot, was perceived as gay by shippers. That's all you need to know about interpretations.

Rachiba said:

Do you think that it is too early to draw conclusions, but at the same time you think that this will definitely happen? I don't quite understand your comment.
I said it as an assumption of "what if" and thought that it would not be wrong to get down that way (In case it happened, of course), but that it is still early to draw conclusions.

You and the rose are connected. Know the weight of your own life
Sep 23, 2021 10:19 AM
Nov 2020
I used to ship them but Kai just took the lead.
Sep 24, 2021 2:41 AM

Jul 2015
According to PV for 2nd cour, Fuuka seeks to be absent in 2nd cour, so ship sank completely.

Sep 24, 2021 7:21 AM
Jun 2020
Why is it whenever all of yall see two people of the same gender develop close bonds you immediately think it's LGBT and get pissy when it's eventually shown it's not a romantic relationship lol. Maybe they just like each other as close friends like how people in real life do lmao
Sep 24, 2021 9:52 AM

Sep 2014
Mel0nM4fia said:
Why is it whenever all of yall see two people of the same gender develop close bonds you immediately think it's LGBT and get pissy when it's eventually shown it's not a romantic relationship lol. Maybe they just like each other as close friends like how people in real life do lmao

Just say you don't ship them instead of trying to bring LGBT into this.
Sep 24, 2021 12:09 PM
Feb 2021
I’m going to be honest the main reason I don’t ship characters or anything is because Japan is a totally different country and culture, the way they portray love and friendship may be TOTALLY different to what people in the west are used to and I think personally people need to realise that.
Sep 25, 2021 7:09 AM

Oct 2007
I ship them. However, the ship is just for fun only. :)

have been watching PA Works anime since 2008, my favorites are True Tears and Tari Tari.
through the years, As far as I know, they never created a yuri anime, so the chance of Aquatope having a yuri relationship is zero. Well, still a good anime even if no yuri.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shiroi Suna no Aquatope Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 16, 2021

138 by basskiller »»
Dec 11, 2023 5:15 PM

Poll: » Shiroi Suna no Aquatope Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 9, 2021

78 by basskiller »»
Dec 10, 2023 6:06 PM

Poll: » Shiroi Suna no Aquatope Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 2, 2021

74 by basskiller »»
Dec 10, 2023 12:00 AM

Poll: » Shiroi Suna no Aquatope Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 25, 2021

85 by basskiller »»
Dec 8, 2023 5:35 PM

Poll: » Shiroi Suna no Aquatope Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 18, 2021

105 by basskiller »»
Dec 5, 2023 1:00 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.