Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Sep 2, 2021 8:52 PM
Jun 2021
To say the truth i didn't very much like jjk(maybe because I was watching it with a horrible mindset) but people are saying it is the next hxh and all and I've watched a few videos of jjk on the internet and it was all pretty coll so now I am rethinking my opinion and whether if I should rewatch the show with a new outlokk
Sep 2, 2021 9:02 PM
Dec 2019
I have a very similar case to you, honestly I didn't even like hxh because of the same reason. Recently I started rewatching jjk in 60fps. I am only 2 episodes in and can't say much at this point but I know the latter part of series is really packed.
Sep 2, 2021 9:08 PM
Dec 2020
KennySZN said:
No go watch Naruto it’s peak fiction
yeah naruto is best
KennySZN said:
Yeah Naruto is best.
Sep 2, 2021 9:15 PM
Jan 2021
you're probably fine, as someone who's read the manga, it will get much better after season 1, I'm sure you'll enjoy it more in the future once it gets farther.
Sep 2, 2021 9:25 PM

Sep 2020
You're honestly not missing much without this series lol
Sep 2, 2021 9:27 PM

Jan 2021
idk about that cause I haven't gotten into HxH, but JJK, as an anime only, was a straightforward extremely well executed shonen. It didn't bring anything specifically new to the game, rather did everything it was supposed to do, really well.
I have suffered through a similar 'horrible mindset' problem and I felt really underwhelmed by Code Geass and AoT cause I watched them along the same time stretch. I'm going to rewatch AoT for sure, but Code Geass for me doesn't warrant a rewatch in any way. So all in all, if you really wish to re experience it with an open mindset, you really should. But don't force yourself.
Sep 2, 2021 9:40 PM
Jun 2021
Next hxh? bruh....don't compare this with a masterpiece. Hxh has great character developments and story arcs. Don't compare Gon and killua's hard work to improve nen with Itadori's eating chips and watching movies.

Jjk is great and I'd recommend you to watch it. But don't start to compare with masterpiece.
- ad99
Sep 2, 2021 10:07 PM
Jun 2021
ADIL99 said:
Next hxh? bruh....don't compare this with a masterpiece. Hxh has great character developments and story arcs. Don't compare Gon and killua's hard work to improve nen with Itadori's eating chips and watching movies.

Jjk is great and I'd recommend you to watch it. But don't start to compare with masterpiece.

We all know hxh is a masterpiece proly that was one of the reasons I felt disappointed with jjk I was expecting a show like hxh
Sep 2, 2021 10:20 PM
Aug 2021
46stef said:
To say the truth i didn't very much like jjk(maybe because I was watching it with a horrible mindset) but people are saying it is the next hxh and all and I've watched a few videos of jjk on the internet and it was all pretty coll so now I am rethinking my opinion and whether if I should rewatch the show with a new outlokk

i mean jjk is pretty cool but doesn’t compare w hxh. both plots are amazing and even if jjk has better animation, hxh plot and vibe was better. i would say that jjk is kind of, not exactly overrated, i really enjoyed it, but not as much as hxh. maybe bc hxh grew more on me bc of the amount of episodes, i don’t know.
Sep 2, 2021 10:21 PM
Apr 2021
You should but Not a Whole show but EP.5..13..14..21..23 This Ep are major role for Jjk Next season such like that Sibuya arc...so i Prefer watch this Ep...
Sep 2, 2021 10:27 PM
Aug 2021
I have watched it twice, I believe I picked up on more details second time around
Sep 2, 2021 10:35 PM
Feb 2021
Just because most people like something, you don't have to lol. Don't let toxic fandoms shame you into watching what you don't like.
Sep 2, 2021 10:35 PM
Feb 2021
Just because most people like something, you don't have to lol. Don't let toxic fandoms shame you into watching what you don't like.
Sep 2, 2021 10:39 PM

Jan 2021
You can watch it for fun, I mean I dont think your outlook would change and you might still not like the anime, but if its enjoyable than I would suggest to read the manga.
Personally I myself watched jjk with a negative mindset and would not rewatch it but it was enjoyable and thats more than enough.
If you enjoyed the time you wasted, then its not a waste of time.

Sep 2, 2021 10:47 PM
Feb 2021
I rewatched it with some friends and appreciated the humour much more the second time round. If you have the opportunity to do something like that I highly recommend it! I was watching it as it was released initially so I enjoyed the pace much more this time as well. I don’t know if I would call it the next HxH (it falls under a different vibe to me completely) but its definitely worth a second look!
Sep 2, 2021 10:51 PM
Dec 2020
46stef said:
same I earlier gave it a 7/10 on my first watch and then 9/10 on my re-watch ...trust me you should try rewatching with a great mindset and everything will be good to go :)
Sep 2, 2021 11:18 PM
Mar 2021
I did rewatched jjk. maybe because i like the show, in terms of graphics, the jokes, the characters and many more. i don’t read the manga but i loved the show
Sep 3, 2021 12:25 AM
Jul 2018
46stef said:

Do as you want. If you are going to be bored and tired by watching this then just give up. Watching Anime mostly you should to have fun, it is just normal to don't like this show and like another.
Sep 3, 2021 12:27 AM

Feb 2020
Why not? Give it a shot.
Maybe you'll like it more this time tho.
Sep 3, 2021 1:23 AM
Mar 2021
46stef said:

I would rewatch it, if you already playing with the thought of doing so. But I personally don‘t think it‘s the next hxh, because hxh in my opinion just had 2 great arcs and jjk was overall great. But every has a different perspective about jjk and hxh, I didn‘t liked jjk that mich but more than hxh.
Sep 3, 2021 1:42 AM

Apr 2021
It was a pain for me to watch it the first time and you wanna watch it again.
The show's overrated dude
I love Monogatari Series
Sep 3, 2021 1:54 AM
Jun 2021
It ain't overrated imo its just the main character is stupid and it is boring at times i hate the main character(not sukuna sukuna is my fav character in the series) yuji
Sep 3, 2021 2:01 AM
Sep 2020
captain36795 said:
I have a very similar case to you, honestly I didn't even like hxh because of the same reason. Recently I started rewatching jjk in 60fps. I am only 2 episodes in and can't say much at this point but I know the latter part of series is really packed.

You watching it at 60fps?! What's your problem
Sep 3, 2021 3:57 AM
May 2020
DoobieSam said:
it's called "the fear of missing out"
Sep 3, 2021 5:26 AM
May 2021
46stef said:
I can’t say anything for Hunter x Hunter cause I haven’t watched it yet but JJK reminded me of Naruto in a lot of ways
Dalton Snare
Sep 3, 2021 5:30 AM

Mar 2015
If you didn't like it the first time you probably won't like it the second time either.
Sep 3, 2021 5:40 AM
Ooga Booga

Jul 2020
If you didnt like it then dont force yourself to rewatch it unless you really want to/feel like you're gna have a different experience

smoochie smoochie

Sep 3, 2021 6:13 AM
May 2021
not entirely sure how it is in comparison to hunterxhunter, but jujutsu kaisen became one of my favorites. that being said, it’s okay not to like it (obviously). if you’re considering then maybe you could watch the first 3 episodes and form an opinion from there, if you still think it’s worth it keep watching.
Sep 3, 2021 6:49 AM
Jan 2021
Honestly not a big fan of the characters, the story is alright. I think you should watch this anime for excellent animation and fights. It is the main reason I gave it a high score. My biggest gripe with Jujutsu Kaisen is that it's main cast is way too similliar to the main cast of Naruto along with a good chunk of story elements.
MillossSep 3, 2021 6:55 AM
Sep 3, 2021 6:52 AM

Jun 2020
if u didn't like it i don't see a reason to rewatch it tbh
Sep 3, 2021 7:59 AM
Aug 2020
ADIL99 said:

as someone who loves Hunter x Hunter as their favorite show of all time, Jujutsu Kaisen is a masterpiece in its own right, but for a different reason. Hunter x Hunter lasted for over 140 episodes. Jujutsu Kaisen is only 24 episodes. Hunter x Hunter had all the time in the world to develop their characters and make all of their characters lovable in the anime, plus a very long manga, while jujutsu kaisen doesn't have either. Where JJK succeeds in its cast, animation, and humor, Hunter x Hunter succeeds in its storytelling, emotion, and character development.
Sep 3, 2021 8:11 PM
Aug 2021
I would not recommend rewatching it it is still pretty new at best I would give it a 7/10 and sometimes when you rewatch a anime it's only worse so I don't really recommend it.
Sep 3, 2021 11:00 PM
Jan 2021
I also felt like this after watching the anime. I wasn't quite sure if I missed something or not. I then went back and read the manga and found more enjoyment in it. So if you have the means I would recommend reading the manga that season 1 adapted. Overall I do think it is getting a bit of the demon slayer syndrome and is being hyped up a bit more than it deserves. Still a very solid show but maybe a bit overhyped due to it being done by MAPPA

Also just looked at your account and I gotta say man, you grade harder than a catholic school teacher.
Sep 3, 2021 11:11 PM

Jan 2020
I don't think there's any harm in doing so. There's always a chance you could like it more

Sep 4, 2021 5:59 AM
Jul 2020
Idk why but Jjk didn't feel that special to me. I mean the fights were good and only the fights were good. The characters are the same shoenun recipe- goofy/innocent-righteous main character, cool/edgy friend, a girl who keeps trying to show she is strong but it's mostly the boys who do the work and finally on top, the cool sensei for the fanservice for girls. Some characters like Todo were really good. If you ask me, Mappa's animation is what made it a good show. I started reading the manga and manga was far better, cuz there wasn't too much playfulness as it was in the anime. It was serious where it should be, and fun where it should be. Manga is a lot, lot better. But do not expect it to beon par with legends like HxH. Jjk might be the next Naruto but it will never, never be the next HxH.
Sep 4, 2021 6:04 AM

Mar 2020
I think the mindset does make a difference so if you feel like rewatching and giving it another chance then sure.

Idk about it being the next hxh tho, it has nothing to do with it, not very similar at all. Sounds like something they would say to purposefully get hxh fans pissed and shit on Jjk lol
"If you accept everything you're told without question, you'll lose your ability to think.
Even if you reached the same conclusion, it would still be worth analysing the reasons behind it."

- Lacie Baskerville, Pandora Hearts
Sep 4, 2021 6:05 AM
Jul 2020
OmegaAlphaBoss said:
ADIL99 said:

as someone who loves Hunter x Hunter as their favorite show of all time, Jujutsu Kaisen is a masterpiece in its own right, but for a different reason. Hunter x Hunter lasted for over 140 episodes. Jujutsu Kaisen is only 24 episodes. Hunter x Hunter had all the time in the world to develop their characters and make all of their characters lovable in the anime, plus a very long manga, while jujutsu kaisen doesn't have either. Where JJK succeeds in its cast, animation, and humor, Hunter x Hunter succeeds in its storytelling, emotion, and character development.
yooooooo, hxh's 148 episodes had 7 arcs and jjk's 24 episodes had 6 arcs 😅. HxH too was fast paced(chimera ant was very slow). Jjk is just starting man, don't comapre it with the qualities of a legend like HxH. Both of them are neat, but Jjk is just starting out. It'll take time to become like HxH. I don't think I'll compare it with HxH. Rather I'll compare it with Naruto, cuz naruto's characters and story kinda seemed similar to jjk.
Sep 4, 2021 11:18 AM

Apr 2020
Definitely although it's better to do it if S2 is announced. Still if you want to, then go for it.
Sep 4, 2021 11:28 AM
Jul 2021
MARKfeni said:
KennySZN said:
yeah naruto is best
KennySZN said:
Yeah Naruto is best.
one piece is better
Sep 5, 2021 5:21 AM
Aug 2020
certifiedbinger said:
idk about that cause I haven't gotten into HxH, but JJK, as an anime only, was a straightforward extremely well executed shonen. It didn't bring anything specifically new to the game, rather did everything it was supposed to do, really well.
I have suffered through a similar 'horrible mindset' problem and I felt really underwhelmed by Code Geass and AoT cause I watched them along the same time stretch. I'm going to rewatch AoT for sure, but Code Geass for me doesn't warrant a rewatch in any way. So all in all, if you really wish to re experience it with an open mindset, you really should. But don't force yourself.

Both Code Geass and AOT are Extremely good so rewatch them both
Sep 5, 2021 8:06 AM

Jan 2021
didhiti said:
certifiedbinger said:

Both Code Geass and AOT are Extremely good so rewatch them both

I'll be watching AoT before the final season so that's that, but code geass was still pretty meh for me.
Sep 6, 2021 12:52 PM

Aug 2017
don't watch it again you'd be wasting your time if you didn't like it you didn't like it that's it nothing you can do
Sep 6, 2021 10:24 PM
Jul 2021
If you didn't like it you didn't like it go watch some other anime like Naruto, one piece or aot or if you want check my list
Sep 7, 2021 12:32 PM

Jan 2019
There is nothing in Jujutsu Kaisen so you will not benefit after re-watching. Story, characters, execution everything is one dimensional.

Looking for better series than Re:Zero
Dec 3, 2022 5:28 AM
Dec 2022
StfuBro said:
I would not recommend rewatching it it is still pretty new at best I would give it a 7/10 and sometimes when you rewatch a anime it's only worse so I don't really recommend it.
Not if you rewatch your fav animes
Dec 3, 2022 5:35 AM
Dec 2022
-Elevate- said:
don't watch it again you'd be wasting your time if you didn't like it you didn't like it that's it nothing you can do
But bro, there's smth like "the change of your feelings" so there's no "nothing you can do". That was literally me when I first tried BnHA. I was like "what, some hero hero sh**? Nah pass" dropped it immediately. But then a vid about the VA of Katsuki appeared on my feed, and seeing Kats kinda make me interested, so I gave it a try again, then boom一! Im still watching them till this day....

Kinda just bc of Kats tho, lol
Dec 3, 2022 5:37 AM
Dec 2022
aktiwkunn said:
It was a pain for me to watch it the first time and you wanna watch it again.
The show's overrated dude
Just bc you hate it doesnt mean everyone will hate it too, lol

More topics from this board

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 5, 2021

244 by yaybeachepisode »»
Yesterday, 2:55 PM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 26, 2021

351 by Hater-chan »»
Apr 15, 10:19 AM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 9, 2020

344 by Alciefer »»
Apr 15, 10:19 AM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2021

634 by MyOpinionMatters »»
Apr 14, 1:55 PM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

KANLen09 - Jan 22, 2021

228 by mikejimamadara »»
Apr 13, 4:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.