Forum Settings
Forums

'Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san' Gets 3rd Season for Winter 2022, Anime Film

Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Post New Reply
Sep 1, 2:42 AM
News Team
Overkilled Red

The official website of the Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san (Teasing Master Takagi-san) anime series announced a third season and an anime film on Wednesday. The third season will air in January 2022, with the film scheduled for a 2022 premiere. The website also revealed a teaser visual (pictured) and the first promotional video for the new season.

Staff
Director: Hiroaki Akagi (Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san, Mashiro no Oto)
Script: Hiroko Fukuda (Doukyonin wa Hiza, Tokidoki, Atama no Ue.), Aki Itami (Nijiiro Days), Kanichi Katou (Mairimashita! Iruma-kun)
Character Design: Aya Takano (Himouto! Umaru-chan, Shirokuma Cafe)
Studio: Shin-Ei Animation

Singer-songwriter Yuiko Oohara (Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu) is returning to perform the opening theme. The cast members will reprise their roles.

Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san adapts Souichirou Yamamoto's romantic comedy manga, which he originally launched in Gessan Mini—the supplement brochure to Gessan magazine—in July 2012. After concluding Fudatsuki no Kyouko-chan in June 2016, Yamaoto switched the manga to Gessan the following month. Shogakukan published the 15th volume on February 12. Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san has a cumulative 9 million copies of its compiled volumes in circulation.

The first season aired in Winter 2018, followed by the second season in Summer 2019, each running for 12 episodes. The anime seasons also adapted Yamamoto's Ashita wa Doyoubi manga within the show.

Crunchyroll simulcast the first season while Funimation streamed an English dub for the first season. THe latter also released it on home video in February 2019. The second season streamed on Netflix in December 2019. Yen Press licensed the manga in English in January 2018 and published the 11th volume on June 1, with the 12th volume scheduled for release on October 5.

PV 1

Official site: https://takagi3.me/
Official Twitter: @takagi3_anime

Source: Comic Natalie

Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san 3, Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san Movie on MAL
Modified by Vindstot, Sep 2, 1:29 AM

Sep 1, 2:46 AM

this is a lot sooner than I expected, only about 4 months away

Sep 1, 2:49 AM

oh yay! what a pleasant surprise!!

plz @ me

Sep 1, 2:51 AM

Awesome news, a new season and a movie, can't wait.
“I just spent the last two years thinking that you guys knew more than me about life and I just found out that you guys are just as dumb as me.” “Duh-doy.” “Yeah, duh-doy.”

Sep 1, 2:52 AM
Let's goo More Wholesomeness....

Sep 1, 2:55 AM
Now this.... THIS brings a smile on my face. Can't wait!

Sep 1, 2:56 AM

YESSS another thing to look forward to for next year

Sep 1, 3:01 AM
One Word - Anime

Okay, now this certainly and literally came outta nowhere! But this is fantastic news, it’s kind of surreal to think that the season is actually just 4 months away.

Movie as well? It’ll be interesting to see how that’ll go, normally you’d think that it’ll be difficult given the nature of the show but let’s see. Non non Biyori: Vacation for one managed to outdo the seasons imo so that’s a model I wouldn’t mind seeing this series follow too.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Sep 1, 3:02 AM

Kind of surprised that this got announced quite a lot later than Ayumu did, yet will be airing two seasons earlier. Still, very excited for this for sure.

2022 is shaping up to be a great year for Soichiro Yamamoto and all us fans of his works.

Sep 1, 3:04 AM

January 2022!!!!! yessssss Here we go for the third season and a movie adaptation.
ふっふーん、真姫ちゃんはゴージャスな衣装がよく似合うでしょ?
今から0を100にするのは無理だと思う。でも、もしかしたら1にすることはできるかも。
これから彼方ちゃんの一番の魅力…… 寝顔を特別に見放題にします……
演劇もスクールアイドルも、観に来てくれた人を楽しませて、感動させて、そして笑顔になってもらう為の表現の場、一緒なんだってことに。
こんな普通な私だけど、ううん、こんな普通な私だからこそ出来ることがあるんじゃないかと思って、スクールアイドル、始めることにしました。

国立音ノ木坂学院浦の星女学院虹ヶ咲学園結ヶ丘女子高等学校

LETS GOOOOOOOOO!

yesssss!!!!!!!!! winter 2021 at that!!! I wasn't expecting to air this soon!!!! great news

Sep 1, 3:10 AM

The year 2022 is looking up more and more!
"You can't spell slaughter without laughter".

I am still waiting for a spin-off with their daughter.
If you liked/hated SAO, you'll like/hate Symphogear as well.

I am still waiting for a spin-off with their daughter.
If you liked/hated SAO, you'll like/hate Symphogear as well.

Been waiting since 2018. It’s cool to see this anime coming back stronger then ever with a new season and movie. :D

Sep 1, 3:52 AM

The third season and the movie? I knew this franchise was popular and hyped, but I never thought it was that much.

Sep 1, 3:53 AM
Takarie x Kaji again

Imagine that Tsugu and Ayana know that news

Sep 1, 3:56 AM

I love this anime so much, so glad this got a new season.

Sep 1, 4:11 AM
letss goooo the official twitter of the anime https://twitter.com/takagi3_anime
the post has reached 22 k like and 11k retweets in such short 2 hours of time

Sep 1, 6:08 AM
Woah wasn't expecting that:D

Sep 1, 6:12 AM

That's a really good news it put smile on my face. Season 3 and movie , studio
Shin-Ei Animation pampers us. PV looks nice I really look forward to watch it.

Sep 1, 8:22 AM

That's awesome news, I really enjoyed the first two seasons a lot. Though I also liked Uzaki-chan and I'll probably like Nagatoro-san as well, guess I'm just into teasing lol

Sep 1, 8:29 AM
Isekai Trucker

Im looking forward to this very much. Wonder what the movie will be about.
The Invincible Shovel
Glossary 1.
Verb 1. The act of shoveling a woman's shovel with a man's shovel, thereby shoveling the shovel.
Related --> The act of making love.

Buy the source material of you favorite anime, it'll be worth it.

Sep 1, 9:11 AM
I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS LETS GOOO

Sep 1, 9:24 AM
LESGOOOOO SEASON 3!!!

Sep 1, 10:14 AM

Finallyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!! LETS FUCKIN GOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! Imma be a bit more greedy and ask for the anime announcement of the spin-off as well.

Sep 1, 10:14 AM

I AM SO HAPPY AND EXCITED AND HYPED FOR KARAKAI JOUZU NO TAKAGI SAN 3RD SEASON AND THE MOVIE =D

One of the best news I have ever gotten

Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy (∩´∀`)∩ワーイ

Sep 1, 10:53 AM

YESSSS! Wholesomeness is back! And airing sooner than I would have thought.

Sep 1, 11:20 AM
PERFECT TIMING....WOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOO.Couldn't had been better than this.

Sep 1, 11:27 AM
I just watched the trailer (on this link: https://youtu.be/1AHWklFMvs8 ).

Then I noticed something shocking at 0:29 (turn on the English subtitle, by the way). Did she really say 'ILY'?! Better not to tease Nishikata and your fans, Takagi-san. 🙏

Sep 1, 1:34 PM
THIS LOOKS AMAZING OMG
Modified by Ryh00n, Sep 1, 1:46 PM

Sep 1, 1:48 PM
Oh, thats nice!!!

Sep 1, 2:34 PM

Was the movie confirmed to be an anime film and not a live-action film? Looks like Netflix is the licensor according to the pv description, hopefully they add season 1 at some point.

Sep 1, 3:08 PM

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I've been waiting so long for thisssssssss ಥ‿ಥ ಥ‿ಥ ಥ‿ಥ

Super curious to find out which chapters they choose to adapt this season! And even more curious about the plot of the film~~~

波が打ち寄せ 引いてゆく The waves are breaking on the shore and retreating...
心 距離はかるみたい As if they are measuring the distance between our hearts...

Sep 1, 6:30 PM

I wonder what they will do with this season 3.
The manga is kinda episodic, and so is the anime, kinda, they made a plot line, with some progress, at least.
I wonder where the season 3 will bring. I wonder if it will wrap up everything and bang with the movie, or just end with another cliffhanger.
I hope it's the former and not the latter.

That said, nice anyway. Now we need Nagatoro S2!

There was once a signature here.
Apparently advicing people to not act in a way that would get them insulted is an insult itself. We truly live in a society.
That said, don't @ or quote me. I won't be notified of your heroic try. You can celebrate my greatness by commenting on my profile, though. Love ya all.

Sep 1, 7:03 PM
Finally one of my favorite romcom getting 3rd season 🔥🔥🔥

Sep 1, 8:59 PM

Ah yes. This pleases me.

Sep 2, 3:42 AM
2022 will be fun. A nice start of the new year.

Sep 2, 4:09 AM

Ohhh, never expected this coming but Lets gooooo. Really happy.

Sep 2, 9:49 AM

yessssssss!!!! This is great news, praise be to the anime gods
Our existence precedes our essence

Sep 2, 10:05 AM

HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE lets fuckING GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I've been waiting so long i absolutely adore this show, season 2 is one of my all time favourite anime

Sep 2, 10:51 AM

YAY is all I can say best.

Sep 2, 10:55 AM
Yesss💜💜💜 the finale of S2 was soo adorable..... Where nishikata wins somehow.... But the animation for S3 is soo crispy 🔥😎.... preview already released by toho animation

Sep 2, 11:46 AM
is one of my favourite fluffs around, with shikimori, which I believe is gonna come in 2022 too, next year gonna be fluffy, oh and the movie is next year too !!

Sep 2, 10:15 PM

I'm just gonna copy paste here what i said on the other thread:

WWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO....

Sep 3, 3:34 AM
HECK YEAH! Can't wait for this! :D

Sep 3, 10:19 AM
I am soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo happy to hear this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was my first anime and I watched both seasons and all the manga in the span of 3 days! I am soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo happy

Sep 4, 7:48 PM

ok this one is peculiar, i thought ... if it was going for a S3 we'd get the 'new manga' where they're all grown up, married, and with a daughter... what's the title, 'former skilled teaser takagi'.... right?

so there's more in the 'main pair's' manga to adapt? and are they going to keep including 'scenes' from the 'side story' manga with the 3 strange girls?
just an ol school otaku enjoyin the life. don't sass me kiddies, i've been otaku probably since before you were born. leave me in peace and i won't bother you either.

Sep 6, 10:16 PM

oho yes, the third season is always welcomed!

「 The lamb of all sins

Pages (2) [1] 2 »