Forum Settings
Forums
Sword Art Online Progressive (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Aug 31, 2021 4:43 PM
Jun 2015
Mito is a character created for the movie adaptation. She does not appear in the novels so why is she in the characters list?
Sep 7, 2021 12:32 AM

Oct 2020
PaperCutAssassin said:
Mito is a character created for the movie adaptation. She does not appear in the novels so why is she in the characters list?
idk she shouldn't be here but since SAOP movie is a part of Progressive, I mean the movie covers half of vol 1 so anything in the anime should be in the novel too, also it seems like Mito will play a good big role in the movie so let's see what happens. She might end up turning the story more exciting since she will give Asuna a quite better backstory.

So it's just because the novel and anime is linked so Mito is here, although she is OG character but she is included.
Please watch Sword Art Online Progressive, it's the peak of SAO.
Sep 19, 2021 12:21 AM
Sep 2017
Anayan_Kashyap said:
PaperCutAssassin said:
idk she shouldn't be here but since SAOP movie is a part of Progressive, I mean the movie covers half of vol 1 so anything in the anime should be in the novel too, also it seems like Mito will play a good big role in the movie so let's see what happens. She might end up turning the story more exciting since she will give Asuna a quite better backstory.

So it's just because the novel and anime is linked so Mito is here, although she is OG character but she is included.

Think of this movie as non-canon. Yuna in Ordinal Scale wasn't in the original novel too.

Heck, sao wikia page mentioned that the Light Novel is the main canon source. So, original content is not canon at all.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 19, 2021 12:24 AM

Oct 2020
ApacheSnow69 said:
Anayan_Kashyap said:

Think of this movie as non-canon. Yuna in Ordinal Scale wasn't in the original novel too.

Heck, sao wikia page mentioned that the Light Novel is the main canon source. So, original content is not canon at all.
The movie added some original character and story, didn't cut anything from the LN or the whole story isn't a different one so not original. That's why it's given the anime is adapted from the LN but with some added things. It's not a big deal to add stuff to make it better, it's bad to cut stuff to add your own stuff, SAO don't do that.

SAOP Aria movie is still the same and main story not cannon
Sep 19, 2021 12:29 AM
Sep 2017
Anayan_Kashyap said:
ApacheSnow69 said:

The movie added some original character and story, didn't cut anything from the LN or the whole story isn't a different one so not original. That's why it's given the anime is adapted from the LN but with some added things. It's not a big deal to add stuff to make it better, it's bad to cut stuff to add your own stuff, SAO don't do that.

I worry about the movie branching away from the source material. Himura Kiseki, who did the manga adaptation, ruined it for me.

Looking back, what was I thinking ? the manga is mediocre at best. *this coming from a SAO fans since 2016*
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 19, 2021 12:32 AM
Sep 2017
Unlike the Fate universe, SAO is easy to understand.

This whole franchise need to chill with the original content. This isn't the gameverse.
Sep 19, 2021 12:53 AM

Oct 2020
ApacheSnow69 said:
Anayan_Kashyap said:

I worry about the movie branching away from the source material. Himura Kiseki, who did the manga adaptation, ruined it for me.

Looking back, what was I thinking ? the manga is mediocre at best. *this coming from a SAO fans since 2016*
Manga ruined the show for me too, so I switched to LN, I thought SAO anime was adapted from the manga so I tried to read the manga, The manga of og SAO is very very bad, although it gets better from Mother's Rosario. I tried reaching Progressive manga to know what happens and it was even worse than the main series, although it have some good parts. I tried reading LNs of both main series and Progressive and it's nothing like the manga, even better than the anime. Then I got to know SAO isn't bad as people say, it's very good.

When they said the movie will be from Asuna's perspective, I was afraid it'll adapt the manga. Hope they don't adapt the manga and follow the LN instead. Also Kirito and Asuna have some great development there compared to the main series, so the anime needs to flesh out those two so that people can understand they aren't bad.
Sep 19, 2021 12:59 AM
Sep 2017
Anayan_Kashyap said:
ApacheSnow69 said:

Manga ruined the show for me too, so I switched to LN, I thought SAO anime was adapted from the manga so I tried to read the manga, The manga of og SAO is very very bad, although it gets better from Mother's Rosario. I tried reaching Progressive manga to know what happens and it was even worse than the main series, although it have some good parts. I tried reading LNs of both main series and Progressive and it's nothing like the manga, even better than the anime. Then I got to know SAO isn't bad as people say, it's very good.

When they said the movie will be from Asuna's perspective, I was afraid it'll adapt the manga. Hope they don't adapt the manga and follow the LN instead. Also Kirito and Asuna have some great development there compared to the main series, so the anime needs to flesh out those two so that people can understand they aren't bad.

A grain of salt: somebody at A1 Pictures give the staff members SAO Progressive manga
I saw this on Twitter somewhere. My reaction: Whyyyyy!!!

Going back to your post. I completely agree with everything you said.
However, SAO twitter community is going wild & not questing the change at all. Anime onlies expectation is at a all time high.

Kirisuna in the novel is very captivating & interesting(due to their inner monologue).
Sep 19, 2021 1:03 AM

Oct 2020
ApacheSnow69 said:
Anayan_Kashyap said:

A grain of salt: somebody at A1 Pictures give the staff members SAO Progressive manga

However, SAO twitter community is going wild & not questing the change at all. Anime onlies expectation is at a all time high.

Kirisuna in the novel is very captivating & interesting(due to their inner monologue).
yes I can see why you are feeling bad, but we still don't know if they adapt the manga because SAO never adapted any Mangas before as because th mangas always comes after the anime. Also It's given on MAL that the anime will be adapted from the LIGHT NOVEL not the manga so you can rest easy. Also Mito and Asuna's story looks promising, it was not included in the novel so I'm excited to know who is she, what type of character she is. Also she will be voiced by Inori Minase( Rem from re:zero) so all I know that she will be a good character. Let's see , almost a month left for the release
Sep 19, 2021 1:12 AM
Sep 2017
Anayan_Kashyap said:
ApacheSnow69 said:

yes I can see why you are feeling bad, but we still don't know if they adapt the manga because SAO never adapted any Mangas before as because th mangas always comes after the anime. Also It's given on MAL that the anime will be adapted from the LIGHT NOVEL not the manga so you can rest easy. Also Mito and Asuna's story looks promising, it was not included in the novel so I'm excited to know who is she, what type of character she is. Also she will be voiced by Inori Minase( Rem from re:zero) so all I know that she will be a good character. Let's see , almost a month left for the release

Didn't the anime for the Slime Isekai adapted the manga ? I'm saying this, because the manga outdo the Light Novel in sale numbers.

It work vice versa. For the sao manga, the number is realllyyy low.
Sep 19, 2021 1:24 AM

Oct 2020
ApacheSnow69 said:
Anayan_Kashyap said:

Didn't the anime for the Slime Isekai adapted the manga ? I'm saying this, because the manga outdo the Light Novel in sale numbers.

It work vice versa. For the sao manga, the number is realllyyy low.
Mangahave many similarities with the anime, they don't cut out and change everything. So No SAOP probably won't adapt the manga imo. So for now rest easy, and pls watch the anime. Who knows it might turn out better like the LN or it might be less rated like og series. But it looks good.
Jul 9, 2022 11:06 PM
Mar 2016
Mito never make an appearance in the main line. yet she's here. I guess we should treat this story as an alternate universe telling brand new story of Aincrad from the beginning floor by floor. Instead of treating as same universe as main line but retelling the story floor by floor.
I prefer we have a game more open world of Aincrad and story floor by floor. rather than light novel reading only.
Nov 25, 2022 4:45 AM
Mar 2016
oh wow I'm honor. I googled "is mito in the main series" the first link is in my comment in the thread.

More topics from this board

» Does this series get better after volume 1?

zeeroid - Jul 21, 2022

11 by DeMarcK »»
Nov 1, 2022 11:06 AM

» Scherzo of Deep Night(thread)

ApacheSnow69 - Aug 6, 2022

0 by ApacheSnow69 »»
Aug 6, 2022 4:38 PM

» To any mods

RayRaivern - Jul 12, 2022

0 by RayRaivern »»
Jul 12, 2022 3:13 PM

» Any news or idea on when more volumes will come out?

RisickWinters - Mar 3, 2022

3 by Abysmal_Saint76 »»
Apr 13, 2022 6:24 PM

» Just a question about how to mark this on the Manga List

DYNEadvance - Dec 8, 2021

2 by RioFS »»
Jan 16, 2022 5:50 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.