Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 30, 2021 10:33 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Damn, Rio really had feelings of revenge in his head after all and even wants to leave the village.

Sayo's reaction was expected tbh. I kinda felt bad for her with all those emotions coming out of her at once. If anything, Rio better know what he's doing cause he's carrying a heavy burden on himself.
Aug 30, 2021 10:33 AM

Jul 2017
The OP has changed subtlely this episode, AND THERE IS CHANGE to spoil anime-onlies of events in the remainder of the anime
P.S. You will ONLY see this change when watching this show on Bilibili, and it has existed since the beginning.

Cousin Ruri is betrothed to Rio, who would've thought. not surprising that his family background was from a royal family (even though we already know that it wasn't official). But he has to leave the village to do his own stuff (a.k.a take revenge on Lucius), and for now, helping things around the Yagumo village while the word is secret to only those who knows.

Sayo is clearly sad that Rio's leaving, and the message relayed to Shin is one of requested help, because they feel burdened without Rio. But they can only try their best to be strong to prepare for the day incoming, with a party and daily life spent in the village.

Well, turns out that Sayo ALSO has an interest in Rio with the confession, but of course Rio had to turn it down, part of the reason why his journey forward will be a dangerous one. In spite of all this, Sayo gave her farewell and wishes to Rio in a happy spirit.

Back to the Spirit Folk Village, and Rio makes his plans there too for the brief time he's back. Even the beastkin girls missed Rio, and become flattered by his compliments.

A moment back in time that's not a dream...and a naked girl in bed with Rio? The pink-haired girl Aishia is back, and her involvement in Rio's life is about to get more drastic!
KANLen09Aug 30, 2021 12:16 PM
Aug 30, 2021 10:45 AM
Aug 2018
Do you think that in the next episode 10 of seirei gensouki "Awakening of the Spirit" will miharu and her arc appear next to Celia's arc?
Aug 30, 2021 11:05 AM

Jun 2019
So... Rio wants revenge and for that, he has to leave the village in order to keep everyone out of harm's way. I think Rio can handle himself in a fight now or in any dire situation. Sayo being sad about Rio's leaving is expected since we all know she likes him as well just like every other girl.

Rio with the rejection there was expected from him as well. He doesn't want anyone he cares about to get hurt in his journey. He went back to the Forest of spirits for some time for further planning on his journey.
Aug 30, 2021 11:07 AM
Aug 2018
Quanta00 said:
What's really going on? , miharu is supposed to reveal Rio about the rise of the aishia character, but why Sara's replacement?
What do you mean what's really going on? , miharu is supposed to reveal Rio about the rise of the aishia character, but why Sara's replacement? Maybe I'll put it on the next episode, right?
Aug 30, 2021 11:18 AM

Jul 2017
Tachi27 said:
Quanta00 said:
What's really going on? , miharu is supposed to reveal Rio about the rise of the aishia character, but why Sara's replacement?
What do you mean what's really going on? , miharu is supposed to reveal Rio about the rise of the aishia character, but why Sara's replacement? Maybe I'll put it on the next episode, right?
@Quanta00 you're such a troll. And you LITERALLY made an account to put this show is your favourite, I won't smear about that. How about I give you this answer: RE-WATCH the goddamn episode if you don't understand what's going on.

@Tachi27 you're no better off, what you said MAKES ZERO SENSE at all. Leave whatever your thoughts for the next episode entirely to yourself.
Aug 30, 2021 11:35 AM
Aug 2018
KANLen09 said:
Tachi27 said:
@Quanta00 you're such a troll. And you LITERALLY made an account to put this show is your favourite, I won't smear about that. How about I give you this answer: RE-WATCH the goddamn episode if you don't understand what's going on.

@Tachi27 you're no better off, what you said MAKES ZERO SENSE at all. Leave whatever your thoughts for the next episode entirely to yourself.
Of course, what I said makes sense since possibly in episode 10 miharu, aki, masato and celia's arc appear
Aug 30, 2021 11:43 AM

Apr 2016
Dude, the mc-kun marrying his cousin would be like a crown jewel upon his harem.

The ultimate chad move, the final form. Also poor Sayo, your feelings will never be returned, nothing can stand in his path of VENGEANCE!

SwagernatorAug 30, 2021 11:48 AM
Aug 30, 2021 11:47 AM
Aug 2018
Swagernator said:
Dude, the mc-kun marrying his cousin would be like a crown jewel upon his harem.

The ultimate chad move, the final form. Also poor Sayo, your feelings will never be returned, nothing can stand in his path of VENGEANCE!
Well it is possible that if mc and ruri marry since during the medieval or feudal age marriage between relatives is allowed
Aug 30, 2021 11:55 AM

Jan 2021
Confessions are so normal for him that he doesn't even flinch heheh
Ahhh, now I have to believe it's been 6 months.... I think I'll get used to it one day 0.0

Okay, so Rio has finally done it.... That's my boy
Meh episode, except for that final scene, not much happened, the reunion.... I just didn't feel like I left the village for long either ._.
Aug 30, 2021 12:21 PM

Sep 2011
I laughed a lot when Rio refused the confession without flinching lol... I wonder who is the girl with pink hair at the ending.
Aug 30, 2021 12:41 PM
Jul 2021
Man I do like this show.. BUT.. The formula they are going with is starting to piss me off. I really do like OP main characters, but basically what keeps happening OVER and over, we meet people start to grow attached to the characters, then he moves. We lost Celia first(who was GREAT 👍) then we meet Latifa who I really liked and since she's from Japan I really wanted them to stick together (and if I was him I'd want to figure out why the hell we are here) but then we go to the Village with more people I liked including the Village Elders and the girls he lived with, and then he drops their asses to keep going. Now he shows up here and finds out they are his FAMILY! He lost everyone, but here he's got a cousin, and Grandma, but guess what, he's leaving again. It's really stupid to me anyway. To me Rio is not the most entertaining of characters as far as his personality and I like him best when he's playing off of other characters I like. But now we are at episode 9 and what he's going to meet another few people, probably a girl and then eventually leave her too? What is
the point of meeting all the characters
If they are just going to be gone? It would be nice if they were at least all together in one spot so he wouldn't have to jump from place to place to see them again. Also this is listed as a Harem, but where? Having girls that are hundreds of miles away from you and are never together doesn't classify as a Harem to me lol
Aug 30, 2021 12:45 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
It's sad how he rejected Sayo though :/ well he left the village and he's back to the other one... the spirit finally appeared at the end
Aug 30, 2021 12:53 PM

Mar 2021
Damn Rio, leaving another cute girl again and making her cry. I admire Sayo for doing her best just to show how much she loves Rio. She even trained and practiced Spirits Arts every single day. Considering that was not her lifestyle prior to meeting Rio but still she did that. Most of all, she even got the courage to confess her feelings to him. If I'm not mistaken, she's the only girl in the series that did that. I can't imagine how devastated she must be after being rejected by Rio 😭 So I think that she's one of the best girls for that reason. In Rio's case, I think that she rejected her because his harem is already full hahaha 😂 That last part confirmed it. Damn you Rio, why are you so chill with the other girls after leaving one of the best girls crying. That's the Harem King for ya 😅
RavaresAug 30, 2021 6:06 PM
Aug 30, 2021 12:55 PM
May 2021
Man after the ending song that scene was hilarious 😂😂
Aug 30, 2021 1:04 PM
Aug 2018
Did I miss something ? They say 6 months and then Kirito said "it has been two years" since he saw Raphtalia and the others girls who I can not remember their name ?

Well, anyway, it was a boring episode. Until Rio became Kirito (end of episode 6), he had at least a personality. Now, he's just this calm guy with no emotion whatsoever (yeah, he get angry against rape attempt and talking about his mother killer... but otherwise, he's pretty much a robot).

Honestly, the author can not write a nice slice-of-life moment. So, now, I understand why he have to skip time, because he can not write this kind of scene (and has to rely on attempted rape to make something happen). You know the saying "Stop when you're ahead". That's basically what the story does. He introduces you to a new environment and before you realize there is not much going on, he change the setting and reset.

Because, when he tries to write a scene which is motivated by "character" and not "plot", Rio can not even explain why he rejects a girl. Honestly, even though I can not even understand why she would fall in love with Kirito since their dialogue was basically "Rio-sama, rio-sama, rio-sama...", she at least had some guts and acted to be reliable (so she could travel with the guy). But, no, Rio-sama could not even be bothered to give an actual explanation. Mysterious guys are not cool. Especially if the guys is just going back to the village with Latifa !

This story is a mess. Prior revelation (royal line) have no impact whatsoever. Rio just going place and being the strongest and seducing everyone. And we still have no clue about what the "villain" (dragon) were doing. He's not actively hunting for the killer of his mon (and probably Dad). What's this guy doing ? Just walking around ?

6 first episode had their problem but had enough going for them. Now, I'm not so sure... maybe the new girl will help... the problem is there is too much character who have barely enough time to say something (except "Rio-sama").

Right now, I'm not sure the author know what he's doing... hope he proves me wrong... but come on... introducing villain and then doing a six month (2 years ?) gap. And then introducing a new chara ? At least, make the arc about the villain who stole the eggs... (please).

Rukodaime91Aug 30, 2021 1:10 PM
Aug 30, 2021 1:08 PM

Dec 2020
otakuclub94 said:
I laughed a lot when Rio refused the confession without flinching lol... I wonder who is the girl with pink hair at the ending.

Bruhh have u been sleeping through all the eps Or what... She is the spirit

Aug 30, 2021 1:10 PM

Apr 2015
Rio is leaving the village behind after 2 years. It was coming, cause let's be honest he has moved from place to place a lot by now. I feel so bad for Sayo though. Rio rejected Sayo's feelings with no hesitation at all, obviously he has his reasons but stilll... that was a tough one to swallow for Sayo.

I am curious about the new girl casually sleeping in Rio's bed. Pretty sure we've seen glimpses of her before.
Aug 30, 2021 1:12 PM
Aug 2018
CeddyyBearr said:

I am curious about the new girl casually sleeping in Rio's bed. Pretty sure we've seen glimpses of her before.

First episode, look at 10:58 (minute), when Rio awaken to Ultra-Instinct :)
Aug 30, 2021 1:22 PM
Sep 2019
Aishia awakened early. Miharu got skipped. Damn! What a mess of an adaptation. The anime skipped a lot, makes a lot of original scenes, and probably gonna skip a whole volume since I can't see it going to that, when there's only 3 episodes remaining.

If there is a Guinness World for Anime Speedrunning Content, this one would be getting a spot.
GrymKryzelAug 30, 2021 1:31 PM
Aug 30, 2021 1:23 PM

Feb 2015
Rio with an absolutely savage rejection. Considering all the girls wanting a piece of he he appears to be uninterested. I'm still yet to see any overarching plot here and there aren't that many episodes left.

Also is it really a harem when Rio seems to have no intrest in any of the girls?
CrashmattAug 30, 2021 1:27 PM
Aug 30, 2021 1:30 PM

Sep 2011
animexpro said:
otakuclub94 said:

Lol it's true, I didn't remember lol
Aug 30, 2021 1:46 PM

Jul 2019
What was the purpose of this episode? I mean this episode felt like its filler and why does a filler episode exist in 12 episodes anime?
Aug 30, 2021 1:53 PM

Jan 2008
Has there been a girl who has not fallen in love with Rio? Dude is a chick magnet.
Aug 30, 2021 2:00 PM
Jan 2021
poor Sayos feelings will never be returned but the MC must have revenge.

TBH it annoys me that the MC stays in a village for a year or two and once someone falls in love with him he moves away.
Aug 30, 2021 2:01 PM
Nov 2018
KANLen09 said:
Cousin Ruri is betrothed to Rio, who would've thought.

Eh? I feel like I've watched an entirely different episode and I've only just finished! When did that happen? I can't say I noticed anything even remotely hinting at that at all.
Aug 30, 2021 2:05 PM
Jul 2021
go1d1eaf said:
poor Sayos feelings will never be returned but the MC must have revenge.

TBH it annoys me that the MC stays in a village for a year or two and once someone falls in love with him he moves away.

Right?? He would have to be COMPLETELY dense like Infinite Stratos level to not have noticed. He could have at LEAST explained the situation and let her down easy. Also I think he was a dickhead to not at least say goodbye to her! Like if she wasn't waiting for him they would have left things as they were with her crying and him just walking away. Also what was the deal with the Village leader? Are they trying to get Rio to marry his cousin and that's why he was so interested in whether or not she was in love with Rio enough to "Abandon your village"
Aug 30, 2021 2:26 PM

May 2018
Sayonara Sayo, waifu of the village T_T

and hello Latifa and the other (not so) loli waifus :D
Aug 30, 2021 2:27 PM

May 2018
-khriz- said:
Has there been a girl who has not fallen in love with Rio? Dude is a chick magnet.

This is the harem protagonist EX skill at its finest
Aug 30, 2021 2:30 PM

May 2018
otakuclub94 said:
animexpro said:

Lol it's true, I didn't remember lol

To be fair, I can barely remember anything from this show xD
Aug 30, 2021 3:09 PM
Sep 2019
Rukodaime91 said:
Did I miss something ? They say 6 months and then Kirito said "it has been two years" since he saw Raphtalia and the others girls who I can not remember their name ?

Well, anyway, it was a boring episode. Until Rio became Kirito (end of episode 6), he had at least a personality. Now, he's just this calm guy with no emotion whatsoever (yeah, he get angry against rape attempt and talking about his mother killer... but otherwise, he's pretty much a robot).

Honestly, the author can not write a nice slice-of-life moment. So, now, I understand why he have to skip time, because he can not write this kind of scene (and has to rely on attempted rape to make something happen). You know the saying "Stop when you're ahead". That's basically what the story does. He introduces you to a new environment and before you realize there is not much going on, he change the setting and reset.

Because, when he tries to write a scene which is motivated by "character" and not "plot", Rio can not even explain why he rejects a girl. Honestly, even though I can not even understand why she would fall in love with Kirito since their dialogue was basically "Rio-sama, rio-sama, rio-sama...", she at least had some guts and acted to be reliable (so she could travel with the guy). But, no, Rio-sama could not even be bothered to give an actual explanation. Mysterious guys are not cool. Especially if the guys is just going back to the village with Latifa !

This story is a mess. Prior revelation (royal line) have no impact whatsoever. Rio just going place and being the strongest and seducing everyone. And we still have no clue about what the "villain" (dragon) were doing. He's not actively hunting for the killer of his mon (and probably Dad). What's this guy doing ? Just walking around ?

6 first episode had their problem but had enough going for them. Now, I'm not so sure... maybe the new girl will help... the problem is there is too much character who have barely enough time to say something (except "Rio-sama").

Right now, I'm not sure the author know what he's doing... hope he proves me wrong... but come on... introducing villain and then doing a six month (2 years ?) gap. And then introducing a new chara ? At least, make the arc about the villain who stole the eggs... (please).

Man, stop blaming the Author on how messed this adaptation is, the Light Novel of this is so slow, that it have a 3 volumes just for prologue. The anime is basically cutting all the slice of life the novel have, heck even important details are getting cut or compressed, adding anime original scenes that doesn't make sense, and from the looks of it they will probably skip a whole volume.
Aug 30, 2021 4:29 PM

Jul 2013
Not much to say about this... Rio rejects Sayo even after she trains herself just to join him
and Aishia appears.

Yeah, I don't know what are they doing this debuting Aishia early but LN exclusive
All I can say that I hope the anime is knowing what it's doing but I'm not holding my breath on this one.

Aug 30, 2021 4:52 PM
Jul 2018
Rio leaving the Vila with good farewell, Rio has an incredible reputation with the girls and characters that are around him in general it was a cool episode.
Aug 30, 2021 5:35 PM

Feb 2019
Ngl it was hard to see Sayo get rejected like that and kinda annoyed me. I know you can’t force yourself to want someone, but damnnn she was a good waifu. In fact, it seems that’s something that’s happened so much in this series. Rio goes somewhere, makes everyone fall in love and then breaks their heart by leaving.

I’ll have to check out the LN because the pacing at times of this is frustrating
Aug 30, 2021 6:16 PM
Sep 2016
Lol seems like they will skip Volume 4, so no Miharu for the anime.

Wait, that doesnt make sense... so no h*** summoning for the anime and no Rui? Way to butcher the adaptation my god.
Aug 30, 2021 6:35 PM
Sep 2019
Siegfried10 said:
Lol seems like they will skip Volume 4, so no Miharu for the anime.

Wait, that doesnt make sense... so no h*** summoning for the anime and no Rui? Way to butcher the adaptation my god.
Yeah from the looks of it, they will skip adapting Vol 4, and go to Vol 5, which totally make no sense.

I'm disappointed that I won't see Rui too, since I already have an ideal VA for him which is Nobunaga Shimazaki, and I want to confirm it, like I did when I guess that Matsouka Yoshitsugu will be Rio's VA when Drama CD got announced
GrymKryzelAug 30, 2021 7:06 PM
Aug 30, 2021 6:41 PM

Sep 2013
Rio gonna be 32 with kids in the next episode. How many times did they mention the passage of time in the last episode? Like 7? Not sure how this going to wrap up in the remaining episodes since so many things seem to be afterthoughts at this point. Dragon egg villain, royal heritage, parent murderer, like WTF is going on with Celia, the princess, and his wanted status? It's like 20 years later and there are only like 3 more episodes. This either going to be a super dud or a giant cluster.
There's no need for all this tension.
Aug 30, 2021 7:06 PM
Sep 2016
Majikkusesu said:
Rio gonna be 32 with kids in the next episode. How many times did they mention the passage of time in the last episode? Like 7? Not sure how this going to wrap up in the remaining episodes since so many things seem to be afterthoughts at this point. Dragon egg villain, royal heritage, parent murderer, like WTF is going on with Celia, the princess, and his wanted status? It's like 20 years later and there are only like 3 more episodes. This either going to be a super dud or a giant cluster.

We will only get the Celia plot point and most likely extremely rushed and poorly explained. The anime hasnt bothered explaining the power struggles in Beltram and thats deeply related to Celia's situation.
Aug 30, 2021 7:24 PM

Sep 2013
Siegfried10 said:
We will only get the Celia plot point and most likely extremely rushed and poorly explained. The anime hasnt bothered explaining the power struggles in Beltram and thats deeply related to Celia's situation.

It sounds like this could have used more episodes but given how this season went it doesn't feel like it's going to get anymore. They must have focused on the wrong aspects of the story.
There's no need for all this tension.
Aug 30, 2021 7:28 PM
Jan 2020
This transportable house thing... has Rio come up with a solution to carry his harem everywhere he goes.
Aug 30, 2021 7:44 PM
Towel Attendant

Dec 2014
In this episode:
1. Rio solves world hunger with his waterwheel allowing grain planting

2. Rio solves world's declining birth rate with ever enlarging harem (7 or so by now)

3. Rio attempts to solve world housing crisis with portable housing ..... under planning right now

4. Rio Does Not defeat village strong guy.... thereby allowing one man some pride
Aug 30, 2021 8:01 PM
Sep 2016
Majikkusesu said:
Siegfried10 said:

It sounds like this could have used more episodes but given how this season went it doesn't feel like it's going to get anymore. They must have focused on the wrong aspects of the story.

Lets be honest, the LN isnt that popular and the anime was made as an advertisement. There was never any intention of properly adapting it and of course there wont be a season 2.

Seirei Gensouki LN is too slowed paced with a lot of spice of life moments, on top of that the first 3 volumes are basically a prologue and not much happens on it. This LN simply doesnt work well as a season 1 only anime, thats why they are even skipping volume 4 too have a season finale with action
Aug 30, 2021 8:24 PM
Sep 2019
This show is ass

What is even his goal?
Aug 30, 2021 9:53 PM
Feb 2017
Rukodaime91 said:

just dont mention fuuuucking kirito in this anime, it not Sword Retard Online
Aug 31, 2021 12:09 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
So, Ruri finally knew the truth about Rio's nobility status, as if its changed anything within them, but actually its not that much. Glad the two of them still acted cool all the time. Ruri was a perfect onee-chan for Rio. Different with the ordinary villager girl, Sayo. Though, to be expected if Sayo did everything she could to got Rio's attention, even trained her strength hard to expect him needed her help. However, sorry to say, Rio and his own objective just too bold, and can't be break that easily. Then, with much respect, he need to turned her down. But, looks like there's still a plan for her in the future that might lead into another encounter with Rio, idk when. Well, to be continue on Sayo's part.

Back to Latifa's village, and everyone waiting him with much eagerness, especially for the girls. Rio want to build a house inside his space-time pocket, might be useful for the future event, and something big happens in the end. Shit, Rio screaming. Its new for me. So lets see how chaotic the next episode situations after the spirit girl awakened all of sudden, and naked. No wonder he screams to death....
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Aug 31, 2021 5:20 AM

Mar 2021
it is only me that this series makes no sense....
Aug 31, 2021 5:32 AM

Dec 2020
im actually gonna snap sayo's neck. she's been aight but this confession "me with u. pls. ilysm:(" bs is awful😭😭 we're probably gonna see her some other time too Not looking forward to that
Aug 31, 2021 6:03 AM

Oct 2016
Pretty good episode! I like how the show takes it's time, even thought at the same time the show skips time lmao. Everything so far definitely feels like build up or introductions. I really hope we get more seasons, I heard the light novel has 20 volumes out now, that's a fucking lot so I hope the anime gets through those.

I am really gonna miss Ruri, hope we see her again someday. Poor Sayo though, but I get it, it's easier to travel alone for Rio, plus he probably still has feelings for Miharu. Good to see Rio's harem village- I mean the spirit village people again and Latifa. Oh shit, the pink haired spirit has a physical form now, pretty funny ending scene. Looking forward to the next episode.
Aug 31, 2021 6:07 AM

Feb 2015
How can it be a harem if Rio isn't intrested in any of the girls. He deals with them like a business transaction
Aug 31, 2021 8:02 AM

Apr 2011
Feels bad for Sayo. But it was nice to see him visiting Latifa and the other girls. And confirms the four really likes him. Sucks he has no interest in the girls except for revenge. Also, the funny scene with the pink-haired spirit sleeping with him.

But I wonder what's the last 3 episodes will be? I see Celia in a wedding dress in ED which I know about when I read the spoilers.

Based on what I've read, its to be expected a 12 episode series will not properly adapt the original like any other adaptation and there's no 2nd season in sight.

I would love to read the LN to know more, but alas. I have no time.

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Seirei Gensouki Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2021

158 by Playcool »»
Mar 11, 2:01 PM

Poll: » Seirei Gensouki Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2021

70 by Kraum »»
Feb 2, 10:24 AM

Poll: » Seirei Gensouki Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2021

62 by CocoaGalaxy »»
Jan 21, 9:39 PM

Poll: » Seirei Gensouki Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 23, 2021

66 by CocoaGalaxy »»
Jan 20, 10:32 PM

Poll: » Seirei Gensouki Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 16, 2021

90 by CocoaGalaxy »»
Jan 20, 9:52 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.