Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 29, 2021 6:29 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I think it's a neat idea to have a Christmas style party in that mansion. They even got a Christmas tree and a Santa hat outfit for the occasion!

Not going to lie, I really enjoyed this episode with the Christmas spirit. There's even a song used specifically for this episode tos how how much fun the cast all had.

Aug 29, 2021 7:00 AM

Jul 2020
Only imagine if this episode dropped on christmas, would have been perfection! Love the episode, was nice and warm all around, was fun seeing everyone enjoying themselves and as usual the music was brilliant!
Check out my channel @Criticiza on Youtube to watch my vids ;)

Aug 29, 2021 7:09 AM

Jun 2019
Looks like it's Christmas time and they're going to have a party. Viola's mother is quite a strict one. I see. But, she's gonna go and see Rob on this day with her handkerchief gift but looks like the second-born brother is tagging along as well. Zain and Cuff are also here for the party. Zain always talking about Alice's boobs is always fun while Cuff beating the shit outta him. LOL

Well, Walter is silly as ever and they had an amazing party within themselves. Viola also got to give Rob her gift. That little flashback was so cute. Alice is such a tease but so adorable.

Aug 29, 2021 7:12 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Great christmas episode, Caph is childish in a really funny way, she still believe that Santa Claus is real xD and that scene between Bocchan and Alice at the end was cute
Aug 29, 2021 7:15 AM

Apr 2018
It's Christmis time. Sadly, the episode aired in summer instead of winter.
Viola's mother is pretty strict, we already knew that but damn..
A really heartwarming episode, loved it.
Viola and Rob scene was just perfect.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Aug 29, 2021 7:28 AM

Jan 2021
The rolling-viola at the beginning killed me hahasdah

Christmas Party Yaayyyy
Cuff surprise with Santa was the best part of the episode 😂
But don't stand outside and have fun with everyone, Walter xd

It was a really fun party, for sure the most special one for Bocchan. 5/5
Aug 29, 2021 7:50 AM

Jul 2017
The Christmas arc in the manga, and this is a fun one.

Viola's readying a gift for Rob. and for Alice, it's preparing Bocchan for the Christmas party in his usual dark tuxedo suit and her best underwear suit which surprised him and the mirror crashing onto the floor, haha I love that addition. No mirror can't stop Alice's sexual harassment.

For Viola, her childish suit will always be a mainstay, and nothing else is more important than meeting Rob and personally handing her gift, and the 2nd born Master Walter also wants in to see the spite on Bocchan's face. As expected, Caph and Zain joins in on the festivity preparations, and Alice is a J-cup lols. Bocchan encouraging Zain to tell his earnest feelings to Caph, but she's asleep lols.

The 2nd born Walter stepping into Bocchan's mansion for the first time, and immediately gets tranced by the Santa hopeful Caph imitating her childish self in a hilarious way. Not to mention that Walter came crashing in just like Santa through the chimney...that's a stretch. The stranger anxiety between brothers who haven't met in quite a while, and being well aware of this, he poses a challenge for Bocchan for the right to inherit the family title by finding out his curse. The uncool brother that just couldn't do anything right.

Nice character cast insert song for the Christmas occasion, and some throwback between Alice and Bocchan's relationship that is just starting out. Nice episode overall.
Aug 29, 2021 8:42 AM

Mar 2016
Christmas episode in august, sure pal... Bocchan's brother isn't a big of a douche as I thought he would be.
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

Aug 29, 2021 8:47 AM

Sep 2017
Pretty nice Christmas special. Lighthearted and wholesome as usual. Number 2 is a bit of a meme. The insert song was a nice touch.
Aug 29, 2021 8:53 AM

Oct 2020
A lighthearted Christmas episode. Heh, Walter, always getting portrayed comedically.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 29, 2021 9:11 AM

Jun 2021
Perfect episode

I know I keep saying this, but the animation in this show is amazing. I know some people can't stand CG, but this show's ability to generate laughter from all the different action animation and different character expressions is amazing.

As for the story, it was done very well. Each character brings something to the table, and with different combinations of characters, there is always a new type of humor that feels fresh. I especially loved the scene of Walter taking, while Viola and Caph fight in the background and their conversation function as a reply to every line Walter says.

The final scene in the snow was nice too and also adds meaning to the previous flashback episode in the snow as well.

The music was amazing too. The character song was funny and the piano rendition of the OP during the final scene was touching too.

Can't wait for the final 3 episodes.
Aug 29, 2021 9:43 AM

Feb 2021
Kinda weird having a christmas episode this time of the year, well but it was fun either way.
Aug 29, 2021 10:19 AM

Jul 2011
From the moment you know that witches are real, and you are a witch, Santa have a great probability to be real. Caph is right.

Walter was looking was looking very intently not at Caph eyes.

Walter preferred stay outside looking like a chimney sweep than be at least inside. That's why wont isn't prepared to be head of the family.
Aug 29, 2021 10:46 AM
Aug 2018
The brother betting the succession on finding the curse is a nice moment.
Until now, the brother was helpless. All his future depended on the fact that his brother (who he doesn't even see) could succeed or fail to break his curse.
Even if the probability is small, it exists.
It's a very difficult situation to be in. Trying your best to become head of the family while knowing at any-time, you can lose this title... it's much easier to blame your brother (even though he's not responsible).
This is the kind of situation which are interesting because both position make senses. Bocchan wants to break the curse and getting back to his family. Second-son wants to know his future.
But, until now, the second-son was passive.
Now, by betting the succession to finding how to break the curse, he's not passive anymore and can finally try to take his fate into his own hand.

PS : Regarding the mother, kinda sad she's alone on Christmas. I would say "she deserved it" but we don't know much about her. It would be nice if we can get more info on her.

PS2 : After Viola's tackle, we got Viola's rolling. At first, I wasn't fond of her but she's kinda nice.

Aug 29, 2021 11:24 AM

Feb 2019
This was such a heartwarming episode, that confession at the end was so cute. Took Alice by surprise even. Looking forward to the last few eps here! Pleasantly surprised by how good a 3DCGI anime turned out
Aug 29, 2021 12:26 PM

Nov 2014
That was some really nice xmas episode. One of few that actually made me feel the mood and wish it was that time IRL too.
As for Walter, I wondered how is he going to go back on his own. I hoped he will just stay at the party, not wait outside lol.
Aug 29, 2021 12:57 PM
May 2020
this ep was just a bigger reason for me wanting to see bocchan lift his curse in order to have more moments of bliss with alice
Aug 29, 2021 1:19 PM

Mar 2021
What a nice episode. I'm glad that they had a Christmas party since most of the characters in the series are united in one episode which resulted to a lot of funny scenes 😂 Like the entrance of Walter from the chimney and Viola denying that she loves her brother. Not to mention the cute couple, Zain and Cuff, they really light up the mood every episode 😅 Now that last part was beautiful. With the OP instrumental playing, I can't help but feel emotional for Alice and Bocchan, I just want for the curse to be lifted so that they can show their love physically like hugging, holding hands and kissing. But what's more important is that they are together and they love each other ❤️
Aug 29, 2021 2:06 PM

Nov 2016
Loved this episode 🎅🏻

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Aug 29, 2021 2:27 PM

Nov 2011
Shit man a lot of romance in this episode got me teary eyed at times. When Zain said Caph was cute and she was actually awake for it...adorable AF

Then the flashback where Bocchan told Alice straight to her face that he Liked Her...her reaction was just...ugh...so fucking good.

God this episode was fantastic.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Aug 29, 2021 4:12 PM

Nov 2017
Another damn good episode,shame it wasn't actually at christmas,but,wth!
Loved that insert song,and there were some touching moments in this and some really funny scenes as well(Zain getting roasted,Alice showing Bocchan her lucky pantsu)
I have to say,I love the OP/ED to this,esp the ED.Both CV's do an excellent job on the OP,but Alice's CV is just amazing in the ED,and all through the anime her voice skills have made Alice shine.Ayumi Mano's voice skills just make Alice sound so damn sexy,and sensual!
Aug 29, 2021 5:04 PM

Dec 2020
Love how It got so wholesome towards the end.
Aug 29, 2021 5:16 PM
Jul 2018
Christmas everyone celebrating Christmas at Bocchan's mansion Even the episode with some good happenings and it was all pleasant.
Aug 29, 2021 5:28 PM

Jun 2021
That ending was so pretty *_* they are the best couple ever

And i fell in love with Cuff too <3
Aug 29, 2021 7:06 PM

Jan 2020
Such an amazing episode. I love the cast all together for christmas and cuff was pretty great

That ending part with alice and bocchan was pretty emotional too. Loved this episode

Aug 29, 2021 8:59 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Lol. Their mother get left behind even at the christmas party, in the middle of thousand maids and buttlers. Served you right on the face for giving such a cruel words to Viola. This Walter and secondborn complexity. Stahp!

Well, back to the grim reaper mansion, witch couple decided to celebrating christmas with a little party, and i never fail boring with Zain words that ended up getting burned by sexy Cuff. Oh yeah, that ribbon and J-cup. Nice conversation, you both.

The party was nice and smooth, with the additional of Walter and Viola everything feels very colorful for Bocchan on his first time, ever party, even he got that thanks from Viola. Perfect completeness served him good again.

The opening sequence was indeed true....
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Aug 29, 2021 11:54 PM

Jul 2016
Man, this episode was fantastic. Each joke landed perfectly, Caph was both adorable and hilarious with her childish excitement for Santa and the last scene with Bocchan and Alice in the snow was heartwarming asf. Not to mention we even got another musical moment xD
Aug 30, 2021 2:54 AM

Aug 2018
Christmas episode
The episode was very nice and very funny. I loved it. And that song was nice.
PS 1: Here Caph was the one that stood out the most xD, She was so adorable and excited.
PS 2: The final scene AHHHH!!!! <3!!!
Tamer2002Aug 30, 2021 3:02 AM
Aug 30, 2021 3:51 AM

Oct 2016
Man, this episode would have slapped even way more than it already did if it aired on Christmas. Great and really fun episode! Caph is too adorable.
Aug 30, 2021 4:15 AM
Jan 2021
this episode was cute, seeing boochan enjoy Christmas was wholesome. it would of been better if this episodes was aired during Christmas time.
Aug 30, 2021 8:36 PM
Towel Attendant

Dec 2014
A very nice episode that seemed to cement the fact that the cursed duke is not alone and has friends .....and relatives. Good stuff!
Aug 31, 2021 6:00 AM

Dec 2020
STOPPPP THEY'RE ALL SO FUCKING CUTE

probably my fav ep alongside the last one, just a fun silly christmas ep with all the characters
Aug 31, 2021 9:37 AM

Nov 2013
Man, this was such a warm and wholesome episode...
10/10
Aug 31, 2021 2:34 PM
Nov 2017
Cute Christmas episode, I didn't expect Walter to go to the mansion at some point, especially on Christmas Eve leaving mom alone

I love the bet, because whoever finds a way to break the curse first, boochan will win anyway, he has more interest in breaking the curse than being the head of the family
Sep 1, 2021 1:31 PM

Mar 2017
I wasn't sure about Walter at first but I actually really like him.

I can't imagine the poison his mother has told him about Bocchan and then add on top of that the way he's been made to feel like he exists to be a spare for Bocchan. I think he's really funny though and cares about his brother even if he'll never admit it - to himself or others!
Sep 2, 2021 3:43 PM

Jun 2021
This episode was very wholesome. It's nice seeing that Bocchan has now the support of his friends and sister, and his life has improved since Alice found him laying on the snow.

Walter is still as mean as always, but if that bet they made helps Bocchan find a way to break the curse sooner, then I'm all in for that.
Sep 21, 2021 12:29 AM

Dec 2016
The secondborn son is really annoying...

It was so nice to see everyone enjoying the Christmas party.
Dec 7, 2021 12:21 PM

Jan 2018
Walter is annoying. But I can sympathize with him a bit. His future depends on the existence of a completely different being. It's not something he could choose for himself but happened by pure chance. That's very unlucky coupled with the fact how he was always treated as an alternative, surely built up his trauma. It's shocking that he's going for a contest of finding a way to break the curse. Winner becomes the inheritor of the family. I don't see Bocchan being the inheritor anyways. I think if he does somehow become it he'd probably have trouble marrying his maid because she comes from a lowly background. So I think ultimately even if he gets the chance he'll probably reject it.

This Christmas-themed episode was very good. Instead of being a small segment glad the whole episode was dedicated to it.
Dec 31, 2021 9:01 AM

May 2016
Indeed it was a great episode, the atmosphere was really warm despite the snow and Alice at the end was adorable.
Feb 27, 2022 8:12 AM
Nov 2021
I don't now if anyone relize this or not, there is a very funny moment when Walter trying to have serious conversation with Bocchan while Viola and Caph fight over the gift box. Every sentence that Walter said get answer by Caph and Viola, just like it was viewer thought. But what I want underline is when Walter say "Have you ever been called a substitute for someone else?". You can hear someone sneeze in the background. In anime, when someone are talking about you, you will sneeze. It just my assumtion, but I think it's Caph who is sneeze as her seiyuu have a very similar voice with Sakura Ayane. Maybe, just maybe, Caph's seiyuu is been called subtitute of Sakura Ayane.
Sep 11, 2022 12:03 AM
Jul 2018
I love the fact that the Duke is the oldest sibling, but simply looks younger than his younger brother Walter, and the same age as his younger sister Viola... while also looking younger than Alice, too.
And that the reason for this is simply genetics, and nothing more.
It's a unique thing to do as far as character design goes.

Person above me definitely made an impressive observation. I thought it was hilarious when Walter was trying to deliver an important monologue, but chaos ensued in the background to the point of cutting him off. I didn't even notice until halfway through his speech. When he said "I'm your alternate, in case your curse isn't broken," and then you heard one of the girls say "I've got replacements for you." (Don't know who said it though or what the context is, however.)
Walter's an awesome character.

"... there are so many things that make me glad I didn't give in."
What a surprisingly powerful message about suicide. I didn't realize how deep that line was, initially. I don't know if they were trying to teach a moral, but I think it's a good lesson. A lot of people stop having the will to live, thinking they're hopeless. But if you refrain from offing yourself, you may find yourself having attained things you didn't think you would. I didn't realize it because this has been such a lighthearted show, but to think the MC was suicidal at one point and had to regain the will to live... that's pretty heavy stuff! But a beautiful line from this episode.
removed-userSep 11, 2022 12:26 AM
Mar 10, 2023 2:23 PM

Dec 2020
Alright this was an extremely cute episode.
Aug 21, 2023 2:23 AM

Apr 2013
So the first time the two brothers meet in this show, guess it wasn't that bad for either of those. Caph was pretty cute this episode.
Feb 29, 11:13 PM

Jul 2019
Cuff is goddamn adorable!

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shinigami Bocchan to Kuro Maid Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 5, 2021

61 by HanamiDango »»
Mar 5, 11:05 PM

Poll: » Shinigami Bocchan to Kuro Maid Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 15, 2021

46 by HanamiDango »»
Feb 28, 11:48 PM

Poll: » Best Girl

iiDavion - Feb 10

7 by add_it »»
Feb 14, 2:51 PM

Poll: » Shinigami Bocchan to Kuro Maid Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 19, 2021

87 by KinjiKido »»
Jan 26, 8:28 PM

Poll: » Shinigami Bocchan to Kuro Maid Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 4, 2021

163 by RKASHYAP621 »»
Nov 1, 2023 6:25 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.