Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Aug 28, 2021 3:39 PM

Jun 2021
Favorite arc? Separated war of underworld into two parts because part 1 is really good but part 2 ruins the entire thing. My vote goes to wou part 1. If you vote for alfheim you need help btw.
Aug 28, 2021 3:46 PM

Jul 2015
First half of Alicization and that's it.

Aug 28, 2021 4:00 PM
Nov 2017
I don't think there's a doubt, Alicization is the the Best SAO has to offer.
Aug 28, 2021 4:00 PM
Jan 2021
Why separate Alicization? Is all the same thing... 10 LN volumes for a single Arc.
Aug 28, 2021 4:15 PM

Jun 2021
I refuse to believe there are 3 people who think that Alfheim is the best sao arc
Aug 28, 2021 5:22 PM
May 2021
Alicization is easily the best it has amazing characters
Aug 28, 2021 6:14 PM
Feb 2021
Aincrad is the best Arc in all of SAO. It's the arc that got us all hooked. We all continued the series because of this arc.
Aug 28, 2021 6:22 PM

Jun 2021
Mother's Rosario and Alicization. Kirito and Asuna being equally on par with each other like in the glorious Aincrad days amazes me to no end and their faithfulness is really noteworthy.
ねえ、それはあなたです! あなたがカズマやトーマが好きなエッチ/ハーレムファンなら、女性を「平等に」扱うので、女性を殴る/軽蔑する2人のマッチョな男性か、Free!/YOIが好きだがフェアリーテイルの悪を話すTumblrファンガールです/ DxDとSAOは、ファンサービスがあり、アニメやマンガでBL / LGBTQ +ファンサービスが好きで、自分を「フェミニスト」と呼んでいるためです。自分は偽善者に過ぎず、価値観を再考し、これらの二重で停止する必要があることを知ってください。標準。 真剣に、それを止めてください😁。 #MenHaveTheRightToWorkInShortsInHotDays #MALMemberSince2010#Kirisuna Nico Nico no Hyouryuuken!
https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLMsHeAUgW0lgREhidvVfUeeXb2M5WTADZ (Music about God).

*Bill Clinton's voice* I did not have sexual relationships with that anime girl. *Hilary Clinton's voice* waifu's rights are human rights, and human rights are waifu's rights. *God Emperor Donald Trump's voice* Yaoi anime will soon be illegal. All fujos will be arrested.

Aug 28, 2021 7:32 PM

Oct 2020
THE WHOLE 47EPS ARE SINGLE ALICIZATION ARC,

YOU DID WRONG, ALL ARCS IN CHRONOLOGICAL ORDER:

S1
AINCRAD
FAIRY DANCE

S2
PHANTOM BULLET
CALIBER (SIDE STORY)
MOTHER'S ROSARIO

CANNON MOVIE
ORDINAL SCALE

S3
ALICIZATION
Please watch Sword Art Online Progressive, it's the peak of SAO.
Aug 28, 2021 7:33 PM

Oct 2020
Piromysl said:
First half of Alicization and that's it.
You didn't like Mother's Rosario?? I thought you liked it, since you hate Kirito and talk about Devolopment and all??
Aug 28, 2021 7:37 PM
Feb 2021
This arc just built different
Aug 28, 2021 7:43 PM

Jun 2021
Anayan_Kashyap said:

S1
AINCRAD
FAIRY DANCE

S2
PHANTOM BULLET
CALIBER (SIDE STORY)
MOTHER'S ROSARIO

CANNON MOVIE
ORDINAL SCALE

S3
ALICIZATION
I already said why I separated WoU into two parts in my orignial comment, but I separated the whole 50 episodes into multiple parts because there's such a range in quality throughout alicization that I felt like it'd be wrong to put it all in one. The first 25 episodes are meh. The introduction of Eugio and Alice is ok. They are ok characters. Better than the rest, but still not good. All the side characters are still garbage. Then war of underworld part 1 is actually quite good, especially by sao standards. That's because it takes a dump on Kirito, Eugio, and Asuna, and focuses on developing the side characters, mostly the integrity knights. They all get admittedly rushed but solid development. Also the story is setting up for a nice finish building on the themes of human rights for AI, and the human soul. Then war of underworld part 2 comes in and shits on everything that was building up. Kirito wakes up and does everyone's job for them, beating all the bosses and saving the day and getting all the women. Also the themes that were building end up incredibly incomplete and everything seems wrong. If I put it all into one arc, I have no idea how I would rate it because there's such diverse quality throughout the whole thing.
Aug 28, 2021 7:50 PM

Apr 2016
Alicization arc (in light novel, 'cause the anime adaptation was very bad)

Aug 28, 2021 8:57 PM

Dec 2019
aincrad. Aincrad aincrad aincrad!
Aug 28, 2021 9:07 PM

Oct 2020
mohamedo_abuduru said:
Anayan_Kashyap said:

S1
AINCRAD
FAIRY DANCE

S2
PHANTOM BULLET
CALIBER (SIDE STORY)
MOTHER'S ROSARIO

CANNON MOVIE
ORDINAL SCALE

S3
ALICIZATION
I already said why I separated WoU into two parts in my orignial comment, but I separated the whole 50 episodes into multiple parts because there's such a range in quality throughout alicization that I felt like it'd be wrong to put it all in one. The first 25 episodes are meh. The introduction of Eugio and Alice is ok. They are ok characters. Better than the rest, but still not good. All the side characters are still garbage. Then war of underworld part 1 is actually quite good, especially by sao standards. That's because it takes a dump on Kirito, Eugio, and Asuna, and focuses on developing the side characters, mostly the integrity knights. They all get admittedly rushed but solid development. Also the story is setting up for a nice finish building on the themes of human rights for AI, and the human soul. Then war of underworld part 2 comes in and shits on everything that was building up. Kirito wakes up and does everyone's job for them, beating all the bosses and saving the day and getting all the women. Also the themes that were building end up incredibly incomplete and everything seems wrong. If I put it all into one arc, I have no idea how I would rate it because there's such diverse quality throughout the whole thing.
Quality doesn't separate arcs, arcs are arcs and that cannot be changed according to fans, thow whole 47eps were Alicization single, so you cannot change it, you only added separate seasons instead of arcs making this poll meaningless. If the 2nd part of Alicization is bad then let it be, but it is one arc so it should be. Devolopment, good character, good weapons etc etc doesn't separate arc unless it starts a whole new story itself.
Aug 28, 2021 9:08 PM

Oct 2020
mohamedo_abuduru said:
Favorite arc? Separated war of underworld into two parts because part 1 is really good but part 2 ruins the entire thing. My vote goes to wou part 1. If you vote for alfheim you need help btw.
and also FAIRY DANCE>>>>>>>>>>>>CALIBER
Aug 28, 2021 9:45 PM
Dec 2020
I guess im the weird kid in class that hates that one thing everyone else loves😂(referring to aincrad)
Aug 28, 2021 9:46 PM
Dec 2020
Juonithz said:
Aincrad is the best Arc in all of SAO. It's the arc that got us all hooked. We all continued the series because of this arc.
I continued the series because people told me it was supposed to get good after that arc, it fell even further drujg fairy Dance but thank god it picked up in gun gale
Aug 28, 2021 10:32 PM

Mar 2010
If Alicization were an standalone saga or a new series without Kirito, it would be the best. Best secondary characters and development, best narrative and best villains in WoU, without Kirito and co. it would be the same, only a tale about Eugeo and Alice, the Black Swordman it was just a fanservice key point in Alicization saga

But Aincrad is love. SAO is awesome in 13 episodes, no more, no less.
Ryuzaki_kunAug 28, 2021 10:36 PM
Aug 28, 2021 10:58 PM

Jan 2021
Aincrad and Alicization S1. They are the best Arc in this show imo.
Aug 29, 2021 12:56 AM

Jun 2021
Mothers Rosario and the First alicization Part are pretty good,aincrad has weird pacing but maybe the movie will do this Arc Justice
Aug 29, 2021 2:39 AM

Oct 2020
Ryuzaki_kun said:
If Alicization were an standalone saga or a new series without Kirito, it would be the best. Best secondary characters and development, best narrative and best villains in WoU, without Kirito and co. it would be the same, only a tale about Eugeo and Alice, the Black Swordman it was just a fanservice key point in Alicization saga

Without Kirito it won't be SAO anymore.

Do u know what fanservice is? How is black swordsman covered with black clothes all over is a fanservice?

Good thing u liked Aincrad at least, u won't hate Progressive ig
Aug 29, 2021 7:45 AM
May 2021
SAO ended with Aincrad and then had a side story called War of the Underworld, I refuse to believe anything else exists.
Aug 31, 2021 9:56 AM
Apr 2020
Sao kinda sucks dicks as a show.
Aug 31, 2021 10:02 AM

Feb 2020
aincrad was tolerable

Please use dark mode, everything looks better. the End of the dragon sphere
Speak not the Watchers‚ Draw not the Watchers‚ Speak of me. Paint my likeness.
Write not the Watchers‚ Sculpt not the Watchers‚ Write about me. Carve me into stone.
Sing not the Watchers‚ Call not the Watchers' name. Sing of me. Call for me.
Please. Please realize...that I am here.
Hello, friend.
Aug 31, 2021 1:30 PM
Sep 2020
mohamedo_abuduru said:
I refuse to believe there are 3 people who think that Alfheim is the best sao arc

Well better than thinking Excalibur was the best arc.
Aug 31, 2021 1:36 PM
Sep 2020
Anayan_Kashyap said:
Ryuzaki_kun said:

Do u know what fanservice is? How is black swordsman covered with black clothes all over is a fanservice?

I don't think you know what fan service is. Things that are there just to please the fans and aren't actually required for the plot to happen are called fanservice. While unnecessary and random nudity is fanservice all fanservice isn't nudity
Aug 31, 2021 1:37 PM

Jun 2021
_OneWingedAngel_ said:
mohamedo_abuduru said:

Honestly I'm going to have to disagree, I hardly remember excalibur and it was most likely extremely boring and pointless, but I bet it's still better than the offensively bad in every way Elf arc, which is to this date the only anime arc I would ever give a 1/10 to.
Aug 31, 2021 1:44 PM
Sep 2020
mohamedo_abuduru said:
_OneWingedAngel_ said:

Honestly I'm going to have to disagree, I hardly remember excalibur and it was most likely extremely boring and pointless, but I bet it's still better than the offensively bad in every way Elf arc, which is to this date the only anime arc I would ever give a 1/10 to.

Yeah you might be right. Excalibur was a bad and boring arc that didn't actually have anything to do with the story. But alfheim had everything bad about sao combined into one arc fanservice, rape scenes, plot armor, bad character writing, incest...
Aug 31, 2021 6:55 PM

Oct 2020
_OneWingedAngel_ said:
Anayan_Kashyap said:

I don't think you know what fan service is. Things that are there just to please the fans and aren't actually required for the plot to happen are called fanservice. While unnecessary and random nudity is fanservice all fanservice isn't nudity
but even if you say so, that just means that the OP side of Kirito is the fanservice, I couldn't find any other thing that just please fans. Bro being Overpowered isn't a fanservice, even if it is he is a little OP till the ending of Alicization, all battles are not just easy for him, almost all, he just win by a little.

And tell me how does Kirito provide only fanservice
Aug 31, 2021 6:56 PM

Oct 2020
mohamedo_abuduru said:
_OneWingedAngel_ said:

Bruh, how can you say Caliber is better than FD arc when you don't even know it?? FD arc isn't bad, even if it is probably very much better than Caliber
Aug 31, 2021 7:04 PM

Jun 2021
Anayan_Kashyap said:
mohamedo_abuduru said:
Bruh, how can you say Caliber is better than FD arc when you don't even know it?? FD arc isn't bad, even if it is probably very much better than Caliber
The fact that I hardly remember it shows me that it's forgettable and below average, and probably a pointless side filler. But the fact that I do remember the Elf arc and that I remember it being absolutely horrendous tells me that one left no impact on me, and one left a highly negative impact on me. The negative one is probably far worse.
Aug 31, 2021 9:59 PM
Sep 2020
Anayan_Kashyap said:
_OneWingedAngel_ said:

but even if you say so, that just means that the OP side of Kirito is the fanservice, I couldn't find any other thing that just please fans. Bro being Overpowered isn't a fanservice, even if it is he is a little OP till the ending of Alicization, all battles are not just easy for him, almost all, he just win by a little.

I only explained you what fanservice is I don't agree with the guy above.
Sep 1, 2021 12:33 AM

Oct 2020
_OneWingedAngel_ said:
Anayan_Kashyap said:

I only explained you what fanservice is I don't agree with the guy above.
i understood what fanserVice is but mostly ecchi pleases fams. That's why I was asking, if you don't agree with the guy I quoted earlier who said Kirito was for fanservice then no need to reply anymore
Sep 1, 2021 12:37 AM

Oct 2020
mohamedo_abuduru said:
Anayan_Kashyap said:
The fact that I hardly remember it shows me that it's forgettable and below average, and probably a pointless side filler. But the fact that I do remember the Elf arc and that I remember it being absolutely horrendous tells me that one left no impact on me, and one left a highly negative impact on me. The negative one is probably far worse.
only 1 EP of FD arc is bad and it isn't Elf arc, Caliber also have Elf, The Fairy Dance arc is very much better than The side story Caliber. Fairy Dance arc was emotional and sad only 1 ep is bad just and even when Oberon tried to rape Asuna he just couldn't, Kirito killed him mercilessly and also defeated him irl and sent him jail. If you think something is bad tell me what is it? Because Perfect Blue, F/SN HF, Idaten tachi and others have worse rapes and actual rapes. SAO didn't have heavy incest, Monogatari, NGNL, Irregular hade 2x incest compared to SAO.
Sep 14, 2021 12:07 AM

Nov 2020
mohamedo_abuduru said:
trolling ig.......I love sao but can't agree on this that alfheim is the best arc.........sao anicrad is ezily the best arc........

"I don't know about you
But I'm feeling 22
Everything will be alright if
You keep me next to you
You don't know about me
But I'll bet you want to

We just keep dancing like we're 22, 22"
Sep 14, 2021 12:11 AM

Nov 2020
Anayan_Kashyap said:
mohamedo_abuduru said:
and also FAIRY DANCE>>>>>>>>>>>>CALIBER
yes ofc agreed fairy dance is overhated for no reason....not the best arc but still good

"I don't know about you
But I'm feeling 22
You keep me next to you
You don't know about me
But I'll bet you want to

Sep 14, 2021 12:16 AM

Nov 2020
_OneWingedAngel_ said:
mohamedo_abuduru said:

Yeah you might be right. Excalibur was a bad and boring arc that didn't actually have anything to do with the story. But alfheim had everything bad about sao combined into one arc fanservice, rape scenes, plot armor, bad character writing, incest...
bruh do fan service and rape scenes makes the anime bad wow.......nice logic ......btw I don't remember sao fairy dance havin rape scenes and insect.........

"I don't know about you
But I'm feeling 22
You keep me next to you
You don't know about me
But I'll bet you want to

More topics from this board

» Overall do you enjoy watching SAO? What do you like about it? :) ( 1 2 )

Rinrinka - Apr 15

67 by TwigzLIVE »»
3 hours ago

» Dropping while it's still good ( 1 2 )

SIimyBread - Apr 15

58 by AtelierAni »»
Yesterday, 5:45 AM

Poll: » Why does everyone call SAO an isekai ? ( 1 2 3 4 )

xMyst93 - May 1, 2020

163 by SignsOfSuicide »»
Apr 14, 9:54 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 20, 2012

734 by Lionwing »»
Apr 7, 4:47 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Nasty001 - Jul 4, 2012

948 by Reshiram_IX »»
Apr 2, 4:37 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.