Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 28, 2021 8:29 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
A very important episode imo with a huge anniversary event featuring various students in the show.

Oh and I'm kinda glad to see the Sawada twins getting more relevance in this episode. Those two brings out the best out of each other.
Aug 28, 2021 9:25 AM

Jul 2017
Ooh the half-time show that is the Grand Sports Festival. Still a Kouka tradition that must be done and held in high regard and without any scrutiny for the 1st year girls.

Sarasa's enthusiasm follows with her mannerisms, and every excitement follows up with many top stars that are really up there in valour. I mean, just conversing small talk with these stars is easily a rare experience of a lifetime.

The Sasaki twins Chika and Chiaki get their relevance this episode, and the Former was accepted into the Kouka School while the latter cried her heart out. These two are in perfect sync and always looking out for each other, but expectations doesn't tune to them, leaving the others to see their ugly side and contend with their issues.

For Chiaki, to confront the Juilet performer Mirei about her own issues, getting motivated through bad experiences is growth. Here's hoping that the both of them are able to perform on the same stage together in the future.

Always have been loving the characters for how different they all are, this show's strong suit lies in them.
Aug 28, 2021 9:44 AM

Feb 2019
Very solid build up episode. Cool twist on the usual anime school festival, Kouka style. Nice to see the twins get some shine as well. I love how unique all the characters in this show feel. I’d like to continue to see other girls outside of Sarasa her development as well.

Easily top 3 shows of the season.
Marinate1016Aug 28, 2021 9:50 AM
Aug 28, 2021 10:07 AM

Nov 2016
If you did not have a good experience with the first two episodes, like me, you may want to rewatch them. They are actually very good.
Aug 28, 2021 10:35 AM

Jun 2021
Another beautiful episode.

Really great take on twins' relationship. I think the cliche way to go about twins is to approach it in a way where in the end, they both think/act alike. However, with this show, I liked how they ended with the twins realizing that as they get older, their similarities start to wane and that they've come to a fork in the road, where they have to start to be individuals and not twins.

This show does such a phenomenal job using an episode to focus on a specific character(s). Definitely turning into one of my favorites of this season.
Aug 28, 2021 10:51 AM

Jul 2011
This episode made me think. Chika supposedly is the 2nd with most potential of the secondary characters, after all she made to the list twice, just losing to Sawa probably.
And Chika needed to let it out and this episode made me like her. Before she was mild.
Aug 28, 2021 11:16 AM

May 2021
I kept getting the twins mixed up, doesn't help their names are similar as well x_x
So next episode is Sarasa possibly and then Sawa since she's the only one left among the main first years.

Aug 28, 2021 11:25 AM

Jan 2020
I'm looking forward to the sports festival

this wasn't my number one favorite episode of the series but it wasn't bad at all. far from it. It was quite interesting seeing the story of the two and I appreciate how a lot of characters have episodes dedicated to them which is really nice

I also loved how they changed the ending again.

Aug 28, 2021 12:31 PM

Aug 2017
I really loved this episode, as a twin myself, I felt identified.
I like how even if the twins have similar tastes, they are also different, just like in real life.

Kageki Shoujo is absolutely one of my favorite animes this season

𝓒𝓱𝓸𝓬𝓸𝓿𝓪𝓲𝓷𝓲𝓵𝓵𝓪
Aug 28, 2021 1:34 PM

Apr 2017
It becomes creepy once you realise that the ending is different and they tell a story of a character in the future. Yikes, how come I've only noticed now. And before the rose was colourless must mean something as well :) or I'm just talking nonsense.
___Aura___Aug 28, 2021 1:40 PM
Aug 28, 2021 2:20 PM
Mar 2021
Each episode Narata Ai looks pretier than before.

Twins problem is all about jealous huh, yeah that's normal since in ep.6 they have different team and role to be played, especially Chika. But Chika looks so mature than Chiaki in that backstory meanwhile Chiaki gets more attention than her now.

Yeah, next week i will see Sarasa to be shine again since teacher will pick her in that Festival later.
Aug 28, 2021 3:09 PM

Jun 2019
Eh. This was one of those episodes that had too fast of a pace so it was hard to get invested. Also didn’t help that they did the usual twins conflict of becoming different people without adding anything new or executing it extremely well.
Aug 28, 2021 5:16 PM

Sep 2020
Even the twins' voice actors, Satsumi and Risae Matsuda, are twins.
Aug 28, 2021 5:42 PM
Jul 2018
Sawada twin sisters one of them wanted to play another character but I even understand her deciding that she's going to stick with the character her sister wanted.
Aug 28, 2021 9:48 PM
Sep 2016
Frankly, I was confused the entire time during this EP, of who was who..... Damn these twins....

Avvenirista said:

God damn! That was surprisingly really-really rare for twins to be voiced by real twins in anime. Ironic, huh?
uncleqrowAug 28, 2021 9:52 PM
Python is the best programming language ever. FIGHT ME!
Aug 29, 2021 1:33 AM

Oct 2017
A rift between the twins eh, this was bound to happen sooner or later. I'm glad they managed to concile.

The top stars of Kouka and the seniors are quite dazzling indeed. They have an aura about them. Also yo Sarasa's gonna be in the relay, now this is something to look forward to.
Aug 29, 2021 2:34 AM

Sep 2020
uncleqrow said:
Frankly, I was confused the entire time during this EP, of who was who..... Damn these twins....

Avvenirista said:

God damn! That was surprisingly really-really rare for twins to be voiced by real twins in anime. Ironic, huh?

Yes, it's quite rare.
By the way, another fun trivia: the Matsuda twins also voiced the Nekoya twins in Anima Yell! back in 2018.
Aug 29, 2021 7:39 AM

Oct 2016
Another wonderful episode! Sugimoto is the only one left from the main girls that hasn't gotten an episode focused on her yet, I hope our Kouka expert gets it soon.

I love how Naracchi's hair is consistently growing throughout the show. Sarasa's reaction to the otokoyaku top stars was gold and of course Sugimoto's nosebleed was as well lmao.

Glad the twins were able to work it out, especially Chika. She doesn't have to hold back anymore for her sister and they can perform at Kouka on equal footing, knowing that their paths can still cross in the future. Really looking forward to the next episode and the sports festival.
Aug 29, 2021 9:28 AM

May 2017
weakest ep yet imo. still good tho but i am hoping for something great later.
Aug 29, 2021 11:06 AM

Jun 2015
Not the strongest episode but got decent by the end, I like how they closed it.

Also they played the same role in the song of the ED, there was no male/female as in the other versions (except the solo one, of course), which is a nice touch.
Aug 29, 2021 1:39 PM

Aug 2019
"Then you can be twins on stage, too!" It's not really breaking the fourth wall, but it's still a nice touch, since Chika and Chiaki's voice actresses are twins, too :D
Aug 29, 2021 6:18 PM

Feb 2016
Takarazuka was founded in 1913. Its 100th anniversary really does coincide with the manga's serialization.
その目だれの目?
Aug 29, 2021 11:15 PM

Apr 2021
Did anyone else catch the reference Sarasa made about Muska and Laputa! Castle in the Sky!!
Aug 31, 2021 12:35 AM

Nov 2012
Amazing ep as always, since past eps, I was hoping to see Sawada's background and how it will develop.

My Candies:

Sep 1, 2021 10:31 PM

Jul 2016
One of the top performers in the industry yet this acclaimed "Juliet" woman never noticed there were two girls who looked exactly the same in the class she was leading. Forced melodrama is forced.

Easily, my least favorite episode in this series so far. Chiaki and Chika's drama started and concluded so quickly I still can't tell who's who and of course, having such a fast pace also ended up killing any potential interest I could feel for their story.
Sep 5, 2021 3:53 AM

Apr 2018
Preparing for the Grand Festival while handling the twin jealousy problem. A pretty good episode and Ai-chan was as cute as always. Looking forward for the next episode. And this made me like Sarasa even more. She really does everything for her friends.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Sep 10, 2021 7:05 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Alright, i'm watching this today, and its still as beautiful as they got before. So, this episode containing the story of the twins, continuing the previous part when they held a little play, the twins had their own trouble. Simply i'd say, as expected from the classic shoujo drama, they both got some classic problem too as a twins. The other jealous and got a regret, while the other just didn't realize how the others feels about her latest action. After some good moments of reconciliation, and ofc Sarasa stood still in the midst, everything get solved nicely in the end between them. Then, yeah, better made an apologize to those nice beautiful lady. Because, well, its really not nice become a grumpy one, right?

Well, this is not as strong as a previous episode to talk about feeling. But, not expecting some sorts of sport festival to be the plot device, and lots of plotting progress on at the same time in one episode too, make me even more intriguing for the next episode. Lets see...
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Sep 26, 2021 6:33 AM

Jul 2015
"You should speak when you're spoken to!" Says the lady who didn't even use something remotely resembling Chiaki's name when calling out to Chika

Oct 2, 2021 4:57 AM

Nov 2013
How awesome is the fact the twins voiced by the twins?
Old girl sure acted like a bitch, she never tried to understand what's going on. I actually don't like all these oldies, they all act like they are gods or something.
GvendolineOct 2, 2021 5:08 AM
May 13, 2022 9:34 AM

Apr 2016
Same problem that happened with episode 07's direction and editing, they barely let a moment to breath and build up the melodrama but this time is worse because this is focused on the twins with the trite plot a pair of twins can bring and the best character the show can offer (Ai) barely had anything to do with this plot and I couldn't tell the twins apart in a lot of moment and the conclusion was so underwhelming.

The superior looked like an idiot, sorry but how she didn't saw there were two girls who just look the same, she deserved getting ignored and didn't need an apology the girl that ignored her should have just said I don't know what are you talking about, you might be going senile, poor thing, bye!.

The acting teacher getting painted as this very good teacher that sees Sarasa's potential is not working with me.

The potential of this show seemed to have been flushed away, now is just fine but kind of a failing melodrama.
May 14, 2022 5:57 AM

Aug 2010
Safrichh said:

The superior looked like an idiot, sorry but how she didn't saw there were two girls who just look the same, she deserved getting ignored and didn't need an apology the girl that ignored her should have just said I don't know what are you talking about, you might be going senile, poor thing, bye!.

lol okay but if she did that she would have been expelled instantly and never taken back.

I think some viewers are unfamiliar to what this story is based on which is understandable as the all women theatre in Japan is something very niche.

but for those wondering why the older members act like gods, it's because they are seen as such

these "superior" members are exactly that superior, they have been on stage for many years. There is a very strict hierarchy system in Kouka the first year girls are called 予科生(yokasei) preparatory course students, the second years are called 本科生(honkasei) regular course students.
then they graduate the school and step on stage, for the first seven years they are underclassmen, they get to only move parts around the stage, being background dancers, a chorus. they get ONE day each performance to show their talents when they get the upperclassmen roles to play for a day.
gradually they climb the ranks, until they become upperclassmen, upperclassmen now are split in background ppl, those on the star track, sanbante, nibante, Top Star, there are also some senior members who act as leaders of the troupes called kumicho and vice kumicho, when those seniors get even older they transfer to the superior members troupe.
the oldest member to ever stay in the all women theatre as the eternal student, was 96 years old and she died of old age, still a member of the theatred. Even younger top stars who never got to see her perform they thought of her as a deity, as someone legendary, someone who can no be touched.

one of the things they learn with the whole cleaning the school every morning before classes, the yokasei do, is humility. the honkasei are their first superiors.
in the real thing the yokasei are not even allowed to walk the same path as the honkasei in school, so they walk near the wall from corner to corner, and everytime they see a honkasei they had to greed them and bow deeply to them, open door for them.

when the yokasei become honkasei they get to experience the privilege of being honkasei.

still they have to respect everyone above them. even when they become upperclassmen, and top stars they still have to respect those who came before them. that is ingrained to them, and it remains a thing even when they retire.

they have a lot of rules to follow.
and for the real life music school there is a list of 25 things that makes you ugly (in personality) printed on the walls of the school, for the girls to be reminded no to do them.

anyway I hope this explains a bit why some things happen the way they do in the anime/manga that might seem strange from a regular viewers perspective.

these elements appear all through the story.

(ง`▽´)ง
May 14, 2022 9:17 AM

Apr 2016
HaruHaruLove said:
Safrichh said:

lol okay but if she did that she would have been expelled instantly and never taken back.

I think some viewers are unfamiliar to what this story is based on which is understandable as the all women theatre in Japan is...

Well, first of all thanks for all this information since my knowledgement is just on a surface level.

Now I was more frustrated with how the show framed the conflict not so much with the system it depicts, in fact I wished the show depicted more of the whole world of Takarazuka instead of this episode that focused on a cliché twin's dilemma story that I wasn't fond.
May 14, 2022 11:13 AM

Aug 2010
Safrichh said:

Well, first of all thanks for all this information since my knowledgement is just on a surface level.

Now I was more frustrated with how the show framed the conflict not so much with the system it depicts, in fact I wished the show depicted more of the whole world of Takarazuka instead of this episode that focused on a cliché twin's dilemma story that I wasn't fond.

you are welcome

oh yeah the drama between the twins was so and so, though I get the twins frustration with her sister, she got in the year before and bc her sis blew a gasket she retook the exam, which is extremely hard, and she could have not get in.

I wanted to point that every other element regarding the seniors was spot on.
in general it's very clear the author of this story is a fan of the theatre, she knows pretty much everything that the theatre otaku(my self included) do know.

for the next episode I posted in the discussion a video, I would suggest watching it after watching the episode, for the similarities :)

as for depicting more of the theatre, I think the reason the author keeps it at the school level, is because she tries to play safe so her story doesn't get axed lol
also unless you have someone inside it is impossible to know much about what goes behind the scenes . with the school, the author could have someone she knows who went there, or did preparation and didn't got in or even herself lol. all the things we have seen in the anime and manga are mostly public knowledge.
(ง`▽´)ง
Oct 16, 2023 8:44 AM

Dec 2022
Very nice I'm glad the twins were able to make up.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kageki Shoujo!! Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 4, 2021

43 by Tobimaroo »»
Apr 11, 12:05 AM

Poll: » Kageki Shoujo!! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 3, 2021

112 by Tobimaroo »»
Apr 10, 1:43 AM

Poll: » Kageki Shoujo!! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2021

148 by Tobimaroo »»
Apr 10, 1:41 AM

Poll: » Kageki Shoujo!! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 21, 2021

90 by Shaka-bun »»
Feb 10, 12:22 AM

Poll: » Kageki Shoujo!! Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2021

102 by mintmin »»
Jan 15, 8:22 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.