Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Aug 28, 2021 12:57 PM

Apr 2018
Toga got a power up, she's able to use the quirk of the person's blood she drank.
Anyway, her backstory was done pretty well. The anime skipped some dialogues and the ''Kid's commercial'' or how do I call it from ReDestro.
Can't wait for Gabi's fight against the Ice man. It was HEAT in the manga.

It's time for Twitch to go NUTS.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Aug 28, 2021 2:12 PM

Aug 2013
Glad I read the manga alongside the anime; this episode did have the impact but select frames of Toga's face were much more intense and dramatic in the manga which conveyed the message clearly. Re-Destro still didn't get his proper set up chapter or something at least in a flashback; nevertheless, Twice's focus better hit.
Don't believe the hype.
Aug 28, 2021 2:30 PM

Jun 2019
Wow I forgot that this series can actually be good! It’s been forever since an interesting arc so I’m glad Bones is actually trying now.

I’m not buying Toga and Shiguraki having superhuman speed and athleticism when it has nothing to do with their quirks. How can they just run away from being surrounded or make superhuman jumps? Does nobody in the MLA have any range attacks either?

I’m glad we are betting development and backstories for the League characters but them killing all of these MLA soldiers is too much to buy.
Aug 28, 2021 2:45 PM
Oct 2020
This was a great episode. Even with all the cut content, S5 is becoming better thanks to this arc, and I'm all for it. I also noticed that I was completely invested in this episode. The fights were well handed, and I really liked Toga's backstory. All in all, 9/10 episode.
I am now obsessed with prinz eugen
Aug 28, 2021 3:37 PM
Dec 2020
Thank god Toga killed thay wannabe jornalist
Annoying as hell
Aug 28, 2021 3:54 PM

Aug 2016
I'm just numb at this point. It's so rushed, and that epic Shiggy scene was relegated to a fucking still. I really hope MVA can get a proper adaptation one day, but I doubt that will ever happen.

Aug 28, 2021 4:07 PM

Apr 2015
Fax001s said:
shayed__ said:
cool stuff for sure. Not sure why Bones downgrades their animators work though. @Sparkleredpanda posted his rough layout from his cuts and his animation was way better than in the actual episode. So weird.

Yeah it's ridiculous, i'm not sure what the animation directors were thinking

https://twitter.com/Sparkleredpanda/status/1431584323476590593

About how to get by at all I wager. What's posted there is a rough layout ( a very ambitious one at that ) meaning it's at the very early stages of the production cycle. Horrid schedule and lack of animators to clean this up are probably only two of many reasons why this had to be trimmed down to the essentials of getting this scene across at all.
Aug 28, 2021 4:12 PM
Jan 2017
Still Frames Academia
Are You Still Here Academia
Are You Still Watching Academia
Toga Backstory Welldone Academia
Rushed Academia?
Hhhmmmmmm.......
Aug 28, 2021 4:32 PM
Feb 2021
nick_kun said:
Bruh, i never expected still frames in MVA. Like i already have seen those in manga. Studio Bones, step up!

I would've loved to have seen the shigaraki decay animated. Sadly all we got was a manga panel.
Aug 28, 2021 4:39 PM
Feb 2021
Villains > Heroes
Aug 28, 2021 4:49 PM

Jan 2020
I liked it more than last week. The focus on toga + the flashback was nice and there was some dope moments. Toga's evolution is pretty good too

Though the arc does still feel it could be better in the anime.

Aug 28, 2021 4:50 PM

Sep 2019
Liked the Toga episode, it was nice a little bit of her backstory. I hope they show more of it later.
Aug 28, 2021 5:00 PM

Jul 2013
I've been waiting for a Toga-focused episode! This episode was great
Aug 28, 2021 5:27 PM

Jul 2019
Fappa said:
Fax001s said:

Yeah it's ridiculous, i'm not sure what the animation directors were thinking

https://twitter.com/Sparkleredpanda/status/1431584323476590593

About how to get by at all I wager. What's posted there is a rough layout ( a very ambitious one at that ) meaning it's at the very early stages of the production cycle. Horrid schedule and lack of animators to clean this up are probably only two of many reasons why this had to be trimmed down to the essentials of getting this scene across at all.

I think the problem might be the lack of inbetween animators, schedule was very good for the first cour but i'm not sure about this particular episode, so yeah, that could also have been a problem.
Aug 28, 2021 5:38 PM
Mar 2018
come on guys it wasn't even that bad your acting like a 10/10 arc is getting a 5/10 adaption, it's an 8/10 arc getting a 7/10 adaption yea it sucks a little but everyone is overreacting
Aug 28, 2021 5:40 PM

Feb 2010
Just 4 more episodes of Season 5 left, I'm really looking forward to the next episode because Twice is one of my favorite characters.
Aug 28, 2021 7:59 PM

Dec 2018
This entire arc is some of MHA's finest, and I am loving the adaptation so far.

Season 6 is going to be such a wild ride, but right now, the sad man's parade awaits us!

Anime onlys: the best is yet to come.
If I could be an expert in just one arcane,
and madness inducing field of study,
it would be you.
Aug 28, 2021 8:08 PM

Jul 2016
Finally some actual dark stuff in BnHA! Toga's backstory as well as her psychopathy were executed quite nicely.

Quite interesting episode overall. Looking forward to some Twice angst next week.

P.S.: Little Toga sucking that dead bird dry looked lowkey adorable.
Aug 28, 2021 8:11 PM

Jul 2013
So we got more background about the Liberation army and Destro and how all of it actually started when people developed quirks. I could be wrong but I guess there's definitely a lot more information for us anime only watchers.

This episode was very action packed and to see more about Toga's past was interesting but at the same time disturbing. I knew she was crazy but damn that went onto a whole new level of craziness. I mean just her facial expressions alone speak for itself. But Chitose is obsessed with Toga and getting more information about her past and how she became the person she's now. I was actually surprised by Toga and Shigaraki progress with their quirks. Especially Shigaraki is even more scarier if he doesn't even need to touch people to kill them.

It doesn't look good for our villains and it will still take some time until Gigantomachia will appear.

Seems like next episode Twice gets the spotlight. With the last 4 episodes I wonder if they will do this with all the villains. Nonetheless should still get interesting.

Aug 28, 2021 8:56 PM

Oct 2016
Man, I am mad disappointed that they cut out the ReDestro commercial and the scene that comes after that, I feel like that was such an important part in establishing ReDestro's character plus some other ReDestro scenes. They shafting my boy.

The Toga parts were really great though. It's just a shame, the adaptation is not bad by all means, but it's not amazing either, it's just ok I guess. Still hyped for Sad Man's Parade though, I am sure they'll do that well like Toga's.
Aug 28, 2021 9:23 PM
Jun 2015
Connortit said:
come on guys it wasn't even that bad your acting like a 10/10 arc is getting a 5/10 adaption, it's an 8/10 arc getting a 7/10 adaption yea it sucks a little but everyone is overreacting
Please dont defend this rushed garbage. Its a piece of shit and one of the best arcs ffs
Aug 28, 2021 9:27 PM
Mar 2018
shane_nichols said:
Connortit said:
Please dont defend this rushed garbage. Its a piece of shit and one of the best arcs ffs
I'm not really defending i think this has been the worst season yet and quite boring, I just read the MVA arc 2 days ago and I'm saying people need to stop acting like a 10/10 peak fiction arc is getting massacred
Aug 28, 2021 9:36 PM
Oct 2007
Both Boku no Academia and To Your Eternity were disappointing for me this week.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 28, 2021 10:06 PM
Oct 2019
Great backstory from Toga.

I seen on Twitter how the Toga vs Curious scene was changed from the Original Animator vision.
This scene would've been so much crazier.
I guess time is limited, maybe.

But they priorities the new movie instead?
I feel they just want to replicate the success of Demon Slayer Mugen Train.
Aug 28, 2021 10:11 PM

Dec 2015
I thought this episode was beautifully done, not perfect by any means, but I loved the episode. I wanted to know Toga's backstory for the longest time. I was also wondering what made her go from you're typical normal life to her current life. I was at the edge of my seat with the fight scenes. Tomura is showing strong signs of sleep deprivation, but that is understandable. It was hard to watch when Toga was getting battered during her fight and what happened at the end with Twice, who is the only person who cares about her.
Aug 29, 2021 5:14 AM

Aug 2021
Toga's past is really painful.

Aug 29, 2021 5:16 AM

Mar 2016
I want to fucking cry and not for any good reasons...

First of all, let's say, wow the ep was likeable, Toga's backstory was adapted well and it's honestly was spot on. All of the Villain Leagues members are immediately pushed to fighting their respective adversaries, however, this ep was dedicated for Toga, Himiko Toga! She is a savage who longed for her own version of joy and happy life, one that contradicts the standards of this modern superhero society, and thus was the reason she is here today with the League of Villains. A simple enough motivation, yet with a strong one enough for her to absolutely slaughters all of her opponents in one last badass push. Fuck yeah, Toga!!!

Now then... For something more... Painful. The PowerPoint slides-like animation...
What the fuck, I've seen the trend of downgrading animation in BnHA nowadays, but they usually always pull off something great for the truly iconic scenes, one such as this which needless to be said, is practically ruined by the still-frame fight scenes. What a crappy disappointment, despite already foreseeing this to be what will happen.

For those who don't know, apparently Bones ran out of time in their schedule for this ep along with the budget cuts due to Bones pouring it towards the new movie instead of this whole season. Take a look at the rough animation Chansard Vincent done for this ep... What a missed opportunity...

Aug 29, 2021 8:41 AM
Feb 2021
Dukino said:
kfsilver89 said:
I feel so incredibly sorry for anime only’s. Anyone that read the manga knows this was absolutely incredible. I was on the edge of my seat and thought for sure Toga was dead. Oh well… shame that studio bones doesn’t give a crap about their western audience. Not like I DONT KNOW!! My hero academia is the most popular series for western audience. This is Studio Deen’s level of dog crap animation for this series. Studio bones… step up mates.

You're absolutely right they don't care about the western audience. And why should they? The popularity overseas doesn't effect them in any way. They cater to the Japanese fans whom are the true fans. And Japanese fans love this season! They keep rating it high
this fr, I’ve explained this to a bunch of people who still think our audience matters to them.

Also the fact that people are blaming bones when it’s outside of their control and residing with toho trying to make a shit load of cash over the hype that was demon slayer which pulled in record breaking money for anime movies. If anyone needs hate it’s the higher ups not bones themselves and certainly not the animators which are just trying to work.
_Gyro_Zeppeli_Aug 29, 2021 8:49 AM
Aug 29, 2021 10:36 AM
Nov 2020
it's pretty heavily censored but not to the point where they won't show blood...
I guess it's the best we can get with this kind of anime.
Aug 29, 2021 11:06 AM
May 2013
Can't help but feel bad for Toga's circumstances growing up. She has a very twisted way of showing her love, but it's the only thing she knows.
Aug 29, 2021 11:41 AM

May 2018
The reporter lady was pretty funnny ngl. I have a feeling the animation in this episode was really rushed though.
ByniavoAug 29, 2021 11:47 AM
Aug 29, 2021 9:56 PM

Oct 2008
My favourite character Toga Himiko shines this episode! but not good she was totally beaten-up near death! but w0w she can also use quirks this time and not just appearance!?!? so league of villain also acquiring power boost huh...just take a look at Shigaraki also did a power boost huh...
5/5.

Aug 29, 2021 10:25 PM
Nov 2016
It was a semi-decent episode, a lot of still frames though.

The Toga part was kind of meh, I didn't liked it that much, it was supposed to be emotional but I barely felt any emotion out of it, dunno why but I've found it kind of cringie instead, Dabi vs Ice Man was pretty good though, it was the best hype moment and the saving grace in this episode IMHO.

The thing I really find stupid is that the League of Villain is basically fighting a town full of people with super powers, there are supposedly thousands of them in the town and yet, the League of Villain is killing most of them with barely any loss from their side? I kind of dislike this plot armor type of BS.

Also, why on earth are those random guys in the town fighting without guns? just give those guys a couple of machine guns and the League of Villain won't stand a chance, they aren't faster than bullets but we all know they will dodge bullets because of the plot armor so yeah.

But like I said, it was a semi-decent episode, let's see how the next episode will turn out to be.

3/5.
Aug 30, 2021 9:28 AM

Mar 2017
Toga is so twisted, the literal embodiment of 'cute but psycho'! Next week's ep is gonna be so mad cause it's one of my favorite parts of BNHA (as a Twice fan).

It's so awesome that the Leagues quirks are powering up but when you think about it from the point of view of the Deku & Friends... this is a fucking disaster!
Aug 30, 2021 9:55 AM

Nov 2017
MHA has been so disappointing for so long. But we're finally getting the show we wanted and could have been. The final ep of the Endeavor family arc was incredible and this ep with Toga and learning her backstory and Villain High have been the best eps maybe in the history of the show.

Gotta admit, I didn't really get the 'our friend was a Nomu all along' episode. That was just weird and poorly paced, also, how is shadow-face a Nomu? He's a type of Nomu? I'm so confused.

So everybody liked Shadow-Nomu but the Endeavor and Villain High arcs have been my jam.

Finally we're getting: action on the streets, application of powers to the thing they were intended for: the streets. Did I mention the streets? They're very important, we really needed more streets in this anime since that was basically the goal all along.

The boys fighting with Endeavor, Endeavor going through stuff, and now my fave characters: the villains. I empathize with the villains in this show WAY more than the heroes. The heroes have no motivation for what they do. They're good because...that's what you're supposed to be. But why would you be what society tells you to be? You need an internal reason, which I don't feel satisfied we ever got (but there were countless backstories!--which were generic).

This is turning out to be the best season since S1 for me. The S2 tournament arc gave hints of how these powers could show up on the big screen. But I still want to build the main characters. The heroes haven't been put through the shredder, they've been having laughs in their dormitory. I want these bros to get cut up like Toga.

Man, an arc that exposes the true depths of Tsuyu or Uraraka or Bakugo would be choice.
DarkInsomnia57Aug 30, 2021 10:28 AM
Aug 31, 2021 2:24 AM
Jun 2019
God this league of villains arc has been great. It's been awesome to see some new meta abilities that aren't the normal class a ones. Also getting more backstory on the world the MLA is a new villain faction.
Aug 31, 2021 11:32 AM

Nov 2014
I mean, I can agree the season has been feeling rushed recently and I ain't a big fan of it, HOWEVER, it doesn't lower my expectations at all for the upcoming episodes. How Shigaraki and Toga got their upgrades, that explanation exists in the manga, they cut off plenty of that in the anime.

Anyhoo, I found this episode more interesting and can't wait to see more of what's about to come.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 31, 2021 11:43 AM

Jun 2015
Ahh, I was expecting some sakuga when Decay was being used...

Seems like the director loves speeding past impactful moments, which is not a good thing at all. The storytelling feels like it's in a rush to just tell those moments by the minimum and get on with it. I know that making movies puts budget restrains high and those are the big moneymakers (sadly), but I'd like to see the main canon work having the top importance in terms of production.
mertsiAug 31, 2021 11:46 AM
uh oh!
Aug 31, 2021 1:32 PM

Mar 2013
Would've been hilarious if Toga smiled with broken teeth ngl.
Anyway, seems like I underestimated the villain gang. They look rather tenacious and lethal when they took on the meta-power mob.
Actually, why didn't Toga die yet with all those explosions? No seriously.
Sep 1, 2021 12:29 AM
Feb 2020
This episode slayed it very well based on the manga. More or less, this is how I expect how the new character would look and sound and portrayed in an anime. The fight between Chitose and Toga was phenomenal enough in manga, but damned, the anime made it a million times better. It gives the bitterness backstory of Toga, of her understanding towards love was not expected by society where in this scene it gives me chills and sympathize towards Toga.

Another one that I would mention is Shigaraki scene on decaying the people without even having a physical touch with him having a flashback at the sametime was a badass scene. And last but not the least something that is very worth mentioning is, how Bubaigawara or Twice showed his overwhelming worry towards Toga, and how actually nice of a guy he is, and it ended with him facing a bunch of clones of "himself" that is trying to kill him again.
Sep 1, 2021 9:05 AM

Jun 2021
Why there aren't citizens in that town? They fight in an empty town. Also why heros don't show to capture villains? Everyone disapears exept villains.
Sep 2, 2021 3:54 AM

Aug 2015
I don't see how the rest of MVA gets adapted in four episodes; there's just way too much there. Hopefully the corners they're cutting now will help with a better adaptation next season.
Controversial opinions
Sep 2, 2021 11:53 PM
Jan 2017
voltwaffle said:
I don't see how the rest of MVA gets adapted in four episodes; there's just way too much there. Hopefully the corners they're cutting now will help with a better adaptation next season.

It could be done easily, there are 12 chapters left for MVA. That could be 3 chapters per episodes. The problem is more than likely they will adapt the rest of MVA in 3.5 episodes.
Sep 4, 2021 8:39 AM

Feb 2021
Animation wasn't all that great but it was a decent episode and probably the episode I enjoyed the most from this season lol.

Himiko was crazy out there. Now she can also replicate the quirks! How crazy is that!

Shigaraki's decay can spread now? Damn.

Sep 8, 2021 3:48 PM

Mar 2010
Damn toga is best girl im mHa, holy shit I love her more and more every fucking episode she is on.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Sep 11, 2021 4:44 AM

Dec 2013
Solid episode even if the animation was a bit lacking.

The meta liberation army are ridiculously passionate if they are willing to become bombs themselves.

Toga's normal really is not normal. She's a bit of a tragic character since she was crazy from the very beginning.

I feel bad for Twice. A clone attack really hits him where it hurts most.
Sep 11, 2021 11:52 AM
Oct 2016
so many people died in this episode, its starting to be like attack on titan with the amount of deaths
Sep 11, 2021 3:30 PM

May 2020
kfsilver89 said:
I feel so incredibly sorry for anime only’s. Anyone that read the manga knows this was absolutely incredible. I was on the edge of my seat and thought for sure Toga was dead. Oh well… shame that studio bones doesn’t give a crap about their western audience. Not like I DONT KNOW!! My hero academia is the most popular series for western audience. This is Studio Deen’s level of dog crap animation for this series. Studio bones… step up mates.

youre trolling right? u are watching my hero academia, and thought the 2nd most important league of villain character would be killed off to some no name character? i get you just wanna be angry and criticize evrything but your inability to use critical thinking isnt the anime's fault
Sep 11, 2021 3:32 PM

May 2020
OmankoMan said:
Dukino said:

Spinner big moment hasn't happened yet. That's when they'll bring that stuff back. Bones is not over working their staff lol. This isn't Mappa.
"This isn't Mappa". This just proves that you don't know anything about anime production schedules. Here are some studios that do not overwork their staff: Ufotable, KyoAni. The end. Pierrot, JC staff, Cloverworks are worse than Mappa. This is a problem with the entire anime industry, not some particular studio.

Now about MHA. Ofc the team is being overworked. They literally have no breaks. Not only are they doing a movie and tv show simultaneously, they immediately have to start working on the respective Blu-ray releases, and then the next season. This is worse than even Wit studio aot team's level of overworking. (Mappa's aot was a ticking time bomb from the very start).

it is very clear your only measure of "how much over working is happening " is based on how much the studio is releasing. for some reason u equate " More animes being released = more being overworked" like u dont at all understand the size differences of these studios and the seperation of different shows. i get youre still young but damn, use some critical thinking
Sep 12, 2021 1:25 AM

May 2015
SoraSenpai said:
Great episode but are we supposed to Like or Dislike Toga more after this episode? Like I never knew why people liked her to begin with. I didn't have issues with her. her powers were interesting enough for a Villain but this episode made me dislike her more.
She's still a great Villain but a little over hyped imo. However I do think her turning into Ochako showed how much potential Ochako's gravity powers have.

Same, to me it seems like people simply needed a new yandere since Mirai Nikki is old news at this point (Gasai Yuno was the 19th most popular character on MAL when the S3 episode where she talks to Deku aired 3 years ago, she's now 37th) and Himiko appeared in a popular enough anime at the right time.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 5th Season Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2021

202 by bapaejoget »»
Yesterday, 9:17 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 5th Season Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2021

193 by WolfWood37 »»
Apr 9, 12:55 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 5th Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2021

297 by WolfWood37 »»
Apr 7, 11:57 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 5th Season Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 11, 2021

293 by Yurisu »»
Mar 28, 4:39 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 5th Season Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2021

144 by oozePOP »»
Mar 15, 9:23 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.