Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Case Study of Vanitas
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Aug 27, 2021 8:28 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oh boy, they didn't waste time getting right into the action this episode. Nice soundtrack they used for the battle scenes too.

Noe and Vanitas entertained me the most with their character chemistry. Noe himself just seems like the guy who is never afraid to take risks. Oh and Moreau makes an appearance as a crazy scientist lol. This show has a really strange cast but that's what makes it exciting imo.
Aug 27, 2021 8:30 AM

Jul 2017
This episode is the same above-average production that's come to be expectant from Bones...
...but why the hell would they want 18 directors on this one episode to flex the same action quality that IMO is about on par with Episode 1?

https://twitter.com/ChifuyuMatsun0/status/1430875028468477963

Full thoughts when the sub drops.
Aug 27, 2021 8:40 AM

Aug 2020
KANLen09 said:
This episode is the same above-average production that's come to be expectant from Bones...
...but why the hell would they want 18 directors on this one episode to flex the same action quality that IMO is about on par with Episode 1?

I haven't watched the episode but what about the animation quality?

I saw this 18 animation director news on reddit and some folks claimed that more directors mean production problems. Usually these directors are for outsourcing the episodes which is a bad sign for production.
Aug 27, 2021 9:41 AM

Jul 2020
Better than average episode but 18 directors? Goddamn! Still enjoyed the hell out of it, and the music just elevated it so much more!
Check out my channel @Criticiza on Youtube to watch my vids ;)

Aug 27, 2021 9:42 AM
Sep 2015
Vanitas and Noe are really dependent on each other! And let Roland join the team and make it 3P!
Aug 27, 2021 9:54 AM

Jul 2017
Vanitas and Noe sure got into a predicament that they kinda and not expect LOLS, the meeting of Roland Fortis and Vanitas, like he is a God to their cause. I can say nothing but laugh at how Vanitas is being idolized by the Chasseurs, and against Noe, nothing but conceit and anger.

Roland is strong with his Durandal blade, and Noe barely scraped his survival because of Vanitas, whom Roland calls out to him like a pet. They can only win if they work together, and Vanitas is here to seek the exiled Moreau to question of his vampire experiments.

The Chasseurs may think that they have the home advantage, but Vanitas is equally on par by using the Automatons against them so that they won't need to encounter again. Couple that of Vanitas being Moreau's guinea pig once that he knows the way inside out that formulated his indifference for both humans and vampires, these two's relationship threads even the most deepest of cuts in division.

Acting in front of Roland to get their point across without fighing, but what happens thereafter is like trying to explain their reason why they're here. Roland can be an easy-going person if you can sympathize with him, and what a joke scene between the rest, plus Dr. Moreau.

Well, what an episode...
Aug 27, 2021 10:01 AM

Sep 2015
So this episode felt slightly rushed, in my opinion. I was a bit sad that they cut out the scene about Vanitas being reckless with his own life as I believe that one to be important. However, they kind of made up for it later with a few other scenes!

All in all, I really liked the fight animation, and that shot of Durandal's whips was great! The voice acting and music were also on par like always, and while I had a few nitpicks while watching, I am really happy about how it turned out overall.
The hostage situation scene was definitely my favourite, though!

(Also, Roland unintentionally (or is it) annoying them both by telling them that they should have told him about this (Moreau) in the first place will always be funny to me)
Cathen99Aug 27, 2021 10:07 AM
Aug 27, 2021 10:03 AM

Jun 2019
The soundtrack for the fight and action scenes of the episode was really good. The action however was quite good imo. Nothing out of the ordinary. Vanitas and Noe once again depending on each other are always amusing to see. They barely escaped out of there.

So... Vanitas was a test subject of that scientist named Moreau. That is some interesting fact about Vanitas. There's still a lot of things that feel quite mysterious about Vanitas, mainly if looking into his personality. Well, now they're friends. That's all we need. LOL
Pre_YumAug 27, 2021 10:31 AM
Aug 27, 2021 10:30 AM

Mar 2017
There were a lot of hints in this episode about how dark Vanitas's past was, from the reveal that he was a human experimentation subject, to the fact that he's mentally detached himself from that truth, to the way he views kindness as a weakness.

I think Noe & Roland are gonna be a great pair cause they both have that child-like wonderment to their personalities.

I just love how completely unpredictable this anime is. This episode took so many turns I didn't expect it to and that's something that happens every week.
Aug 27, 2021 10:36 AM

Jan 2021
Is it just me or doesn't any series put the church in a good light, I mean, they all make it seem like they are super crazy hahahhah

Damn, well Vanitas and this site are more connected than I expected....
They just can't go a day without fighting xd

God, why do I suddenly like the crazy church guy?
Number 69, is that a reference? And that ending is a performance? We'll find out in the next episode... 0.0
Aug 27, 2021 10:47 AM

Oct 2017
Most of this episode was quite predictable, silly, full of unfunny gags and cliche but gotta admit the last part was quite intriguing. Definitely wasn't expecting Roland to be Noé's Kindred soul. Also lmao Vanitas' serial number was 69 and even the next episode title is 69, WOW!
Aug 27, 2021 10:49 AM
Jan 2018
KANLen09 said:

Is having 18 Animation Directors considered a good or bad thing?
Aug 27, 2021 10:54 AM

Mar 2016
A good episode (albeit kinda predictable and a bit too much humor), yes, but seriously, guys, read the manga. A lot of context was omitted here, especially regarding Vanitas' backstory.
Aug 27, 2021 10:57 AM

Jul 2011
This discussion let me down, by no one leaving a "Nice" about Vanitas number.

And Noe is good at talking following the structure: 1. Polite greeting, 2.Name, 3. Relevant Personal link,
4. Manage expectations.
Aug 27, 2021 11:02 AM

Mar 2020

What a shame was waiting for this for soo long...I guess i am highly disappointed...

The manga was definately Much better here and i am taking the fight scenes into account as well(From the art work which was impeccable in the manga to the paneling and everything else as well). Honestly this episode felt quite rushed and to think they adapted the entire useless/uncontibuting/unimportant love chapter into one episode and kinda ignored this one and adapted 2 huge lengthy chapters which are actually one of the reasons for its greatness... I hope the next epiosde is better though.(Keeping my expectations quiet low)
Also the Fight scenes animation was disappointing..QUiet disappointing..Jeanne vs vanitas for example was short but great and i prefer that over anime noe vs roland frankly..even vanitas vs noe in the episode 1 was better apart from the soundtrack....I am worried tbh, this arc is quiet good but considering how this episode went, i am having 2nd thoughts..if they rushed the next episode(Which is actually very important) and took a whole chapter just to adapt the romcom scnes later on(I mean romance is not even the main part of the series and mind u Jun destroys or kills every ship in the end one way or another so i dont see the point in focusing on this to much) this would end up as a bad adaptation imo..Not on the level of pandora hearts but still a bad adapt..And i am highly pissed at how they didnt include or explain the world formula theory even further and why vampire eyes are sooo important and most importantly how can they not include the vampire of the blue moon appearence in vanitas 2 second flash back!!!...The first 5 episodes were pretty much perfect though...I dont know why most directors think that overly explicit scenes make something better..And i dont get why they cut some good dialouge and some important scenes just to include some gags.and comedy.....IN manga the writer actually balances them but in the anime they cut the dialouges and overdo it and tbh it feels too much sometimes....Especially how they do chibi...I mean c mon....I guess i should just stick to the manga for a while...
Oh 2/5 for this i suppose
234MannanAug 27, 2021 11:31 AM
Aug 27, 2021 11:07 AM

Apr 2018
Well, they jumped right into some good action. Noé almost beaten by Roland but got saved by Vanitas after he managed to escape the prison. We finally got Vanitas' backstory and obviously he had a hard past like every mc out there.

Anyway, hiliarous how Noé's personality changed right after Vanitas vented out at him xD Used him as bait and case closed. What an episode, they even met the crazy scientist in the end.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Aug 27, 2021 11:07 AM
Mar 2021
My favorite episode so far, I can't stop laughing through the episode, I also feel sad looking at Vanitas's facial expression and their conversation are so interesting. The battle scene is also good, I really like Durandal!!

When Vanitas beg Roland to save him though lol Never make Noe pissed off.

They cut some scenes like the clue to why Vanitas looks angry before but maybe they will combine it with later scene when Noe mention it again.

I can't wait to see Vanitas talk with Moreau!!
Alice0006Aug 28, 2021 2:57 AM
Aug 27, 2021 11:21 AM
Apr 2020
Woah! Spear, two swords and is fcking telescopic with electricity! Roland's weapon is OP!

Vanitas opened up to Noé but not fully. Like what Noé is thinking, there's something Vanitas is not telling him, probably an even sadder past that's why Vanitas is making that expression. So sad that Vanitas had to experience that human experiment. But it's nice to see that Vanitas and Noé are in the path of trusting each other.

Noé is really peculiar, also the reason he's likeable. He can be the sweetest and he can be the scarriest. Using Vanitas as hostage is so hilarious! LMAO. I wanna see a berserk mode Noé. lol

That doctor Moreau is creepy af! Probably inspired by this https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Island_of_Doctor_Moreau. Interesting!

Vanitas 69. Nice. lol

Ao_SkyAug 27, 2021 11:28 AM
Aug 27, 2021 11:24 AM
Mar 2021
Clas1ck said:
Is it just me or doesn't any series put the church in a good light, I mean, they all make it seem like they are super crazy hahahhah

You maybe want to try watch or read Kids on the Slope, 2 of 3 main characters are Japanese Christians. And church in here is really normal. I have seen some others but forget the title, I only remember this lol

But to be honest, I don't think in this anime church is considered as bad. It's just they have believe that vampire is heretic because they change the world formula. The prove of that, Roland said he never meet vampire like Noe before and so they think vampire is dangerous. We maybe think they look bad because we are from Noe and Vanitas's point of view.
Alice0006Aug 27, 2021 2:24 PM
Aug 27, 2021 11:42 AM
Mar 2021
234Mannan said:

What a shame was waiting for this for soo long...I guess i am highly disappointed...
The manga was definately Much better here and i am taking the fight scenes into account as well(From the art work which was impeccable in the manga to the paneling and everything else as well). Honestly this episode felt quite rushed and to think they adapted the entire useless/uncontibuting/unimportant love chapter into one episode and kinda ignored this one and adapted 2 huge lengthy chapters which are actually one of the reasons for its greatness... I hope the next epiosde is better though.(Keeping my expectations quiet low)Also the Fight scenes animation was disappointing..QUiet disappointing..Jeanne vs vanitas for example was short but great and i prefer that over anime noe vs roland frankly..even vanitas vs noe in the episode 1 was better apart from the soundtrack....I am worried tbh, this arc is quiet good but considering how this episode went, i am having 2nd thoughts..if they rushed the next episode(Which is actually very important) and took a whole chapter just to adapt the romcom scnes later on(I mean romance is not even the main part of the series and mind u Jun destroys or kills every ship in the end one way or another so i dont see the point in focusing on this to much) this would end up as a bad adaptation imo..Not on the level of pandora hearts but still a bad adapt..And i am highly pissed at how they didnt include or explain the world formula theory even further and why vampire eyes are sooo important and most importantly how can they not include the vampire of the blue moon appearence in vanitas 2 second flash back!!!...The first 5 episodes were pretty much perfect though...I dont know why most directors think that overly explicit scenes make something better..And i dont get why they cut some good dialouge and some important scenes just to include some gags.and comedy.....IN manga the writer actually balances them but in the anime they cut the dialouges and overdo it and tbh it feels too much sometimes....Especially how they do chibi...I mean c mon....I guess i should just stick to the manga for a while...

I don't think the love episode is unimportant but I agree the anime is too focused on those part. There is something that the author want to convey with those blood sucking, but if they make it really long, then it's lose focus because what's important is something behind that act not the act itself.

While I don't think this episode too rushed, they actually adapt 2,5 chapters but they adapt the love chapter in one episode. I am also wondering why then when I saw Deko Akao's interview, she said she want us to pay attention to the blood sucking scene. Maybe it's her fault lol
Aug 27, 2021 11:46 AM

Mar 2020
Alice0006 said:
234Mannan said:

The manga was definately Much better here and i am taking the fight scenes into account as well(From the art work which was impeccable in the manga to the paneling and everything else as well). Honestly this episode felt quite rushed and to think they adapted the entire useless/uncontibuting/unimportant love chapter into one episode and kinda ignored this one and adapted 2 huge lengthy chapters which are actually one of the reasons for its greatness... I hope the next epiosde is better though.(Keeping my expectations quiet low)Also the Fight scenes animation was disappointing..QUiet disappointing..Jeanne vs vanitas for example was short but great and i prefer that over anime noe vs roland frankly..even vanitas vs noe in the episode 1 was better apart from the soundtrack....I am worried tbh, this arc is quiet good but considering how this episode went, i am having 2nd thoughts..if they rushed the next episode(Which is actually very important) and took a whole chapter just to adapt the romcom scnes later on(I mean romance is not even the main part of the series and mind u Jun destroys or kills every ship in the end one way or another so i dont see the point in focusing on this to much) this would end up as a bad adaptation imo..Not on the level of pandora hearts but still a bad adapt..And i am highly pissed at how they didnt include or explain the world formula theory even further and why vampire eyes are sooo important and most importantly how can they not include the vampire of the blue moon appearence in vanitas 2 second flash back!!!...The first 5 episodes were pretty much perfect though...I dont know why most directors think that overly explicit scenes make something better..And i dont get why they cut some good dialouge and some important scenes just to include some gags.and comedy.....IN manga the writer actually balances them but in the anime they cut the dialouges and overdo it and tbh it feels too much sometimes....Especially how they do chibi...I mean c mon....I guess i should just stick to the manga for a while...

I don't think the love episode is unimportant but I agree the anime is too focused on those part. There is something that the author want to convey with those blood sucking, but if they make it really long, then it's lose focus because what's important is something behind that act not the act itself.

While I don't think this episode too rushed, they actually adapt 2,5 chapters but they adapt the love chapter in one episode. I am also wondering why then when I saw Deko Akao's interview, she said she want us to pay attention to the blood sucking scene. Maybe it's her fault lol
Yeah i agree..They are waay to focused on the erotic blood sucking scenes for some reason..When they are actually short in the manga...Well its just my opinion i guess. Just worried regarding the next episode because thats one of the best parts of the manga.
Aug 27, 2021 12:02 PM

Oct 2019
This episode sucked. Way too much was cut out. I hate this anime adaptation now. People, IDC if you read manga or not, but please read the manga for this. It’s much, MUCH better than this rushjob of an adaptation.

Poor Mochizuki, first Pandora Hearts and now this. Studios should stop trying to adapt her work. They obliviously don’t work in anime form, and this adaptation proves it.

EDIT AFTER REWATCHING: Ok, I actually liked this episode the second time around. Pretty good stuff.
SebCyrSC2000Aug 27, 2021 7:47 PM
Pandora Hearts is the best manga ever made and deserves an anime reboot
Aug 27, 2021 12:07 PM

Mar 2020
SebCyrSC2000 said:
This episode sucked. Way too much was cut out. I hate this anime adaptation now. People, IDC if you read manga or not, but please read the manga for this. It’s much, MUCH better than this rushjob of an adaptation.

Poor Mochizuki, first Pandora Hearts and now this. Studios should stop trying to adapt her work. They obliviously don’t work in anime form, and this adaptation proves it.
Tbh they can work perfectly and much better as an anime but the studios never bother with it carefully.It seems to me like the teams themselves misinterpret her works in the end. and they themsleves work to hard on the most ridiculous things ignoring the tone and all..I hope ufotable picks up pandora hearts(Which will never happen) BOnes would have done great but considering they are doing alot of projects and still not overworking the animaters that much...i guess i am okay with that(Animaters should be the top priority) but seriously the directors need some lecturing.Like they focus on the blood sucking and the gags to much for some reason and ignore all the good and important scenes just like that... Still 3 episodes left and a entire 2nd cour too..Lets see where it goes from here.I hope the 2nd cour is better. If they are rushing so that they can adapt beast of guvaden in a bette manner then its okay but i swear if they adapt the whole jeanne chapter in one episode then the excuse of time contraint will not be valid
234MannanAug 27, 2021 11:34 PM
Aug 27, 2021 12:07 PM

May 2011
Clas1ck said:

Damn, well Vanitas and this site are more connected than I expected....
They just can't go a day without fighting xd

God, why do I suddenly like the crazy church guy?
Number 69, is that a reference? And that ending is a performance? We'll find out in the next episode... 0.0

You're a funny guy lol
Aug 27, 2021 12:45 PM

Nov 2019
This is the best and the worst episode so far. Best in terms of direction, music and animation. But worst in terms of adaptation. Why did they think cramming so much important content in one episode was a good idea? Did they recently watch Index III?

Well, the fight didn't totally disappoint, it did have the kinetics to assure me of cour 2. But also I am worried. Look at episode 7 using only a single not-so-plot-heavy chapter. And look at this episode rushing through the majority of Catacombs arc. Please, don't be just a manga advertisement. You have a dream crew, don't waste it :(

Meanwhile, Noé and Roland at the end of the episode be like:
"All truth is meaningless. In the end, 'meaning' comes from the mind of each individual human. Even when there is a single truth, it can mean different things to different individuals. The truth has no meaning in itself!" - Erika Furudo
Aug 27, 2021 12:46 PM
Mar 2021
It gets worse and worse each episode. The show has less of a sense of direction then zoro.
Aug 27, 2021 12:55 PM
Mar 2021
234Mannan said:
Alice0006 said:

Yeah i agree..They are waay to focused on the erotic blood sucking scenes for some reason..When they are actually short in the manga...Well its just my opinion i guess. Just worried regarding the next episode because thats one of the best parts of the manga.

Another thing, this is something that I notice from the anime, this anime seems to combine explanation. They cut astermite explanation but they combine it with the world formula explanation. You mention about the eyes, it's actually explained a bit in this when Noe said his eyes condition (Unless you think it's not enough explanation which I think enough). Vampire of the Blue Moon appearance most likely will also combined later on since it appears several times. It's also the same with hint why Vanitas is angry. Most likely this will be combined with when Noe talk with you know who.
Aug 27, 2021 1:01 PM

Mar 2020
Alice0006 said:
234Mannan said:

Another thing, this is something that I notice from the anime, this anime seems to combine explanation. They cut astermite explanation but they combine it with the world formula explanation. You mention about the eyes, it's actually explained a bit in this when Noe said his eyes condition (Unless you think it's not enough explanation which I think enough). Vampire of the Blue Moon appearance most likely will also combined later on since it appears several times. It's also the same with hint why Vanitas is angry. Most likely this will be combined with when Noe talk with you know who.
Well Hoping for that myself tbh. Again i hope they dont end up adpating the single jeanne chapter in 1 episode and i hope that the catacombs arc takes 2 more episodes atleast.Though i am still skeptical about the appearence of the blue moon vampire but i have a hunch that it will appear in the start of 10 th episode or so( i hope atleast)
234MannanAug 27, 2021 1:05 PM
Aug 27, 2021 1:01 PM

Oct 2019
Guys, just read the manga. The anime sucks.

Even Pandora Hearts was a better adaptation.
Aug 27, 2021 1:02 PM

Mar 2020
DaPlane said:
It gets worse and worse each episode. The show has less of a sense of direction then zoro.
You mean it doesnt know where it is going or what it is tring to do i presume..Well welcome to Jun MOchizuki saga.. (I am positive u are not familiar with how she writes though)
Aug 27, 2021 1:19 PM

Mar 2016
I have complained about this anime a lot, but I must admit, this episode was good. Roland is perfect! His voice is better than what I had in my head. And, he's funny and just the right choice! (Though, I still think the directing could have been done better.)

Noe and Roland are basically the same person, so I love their interactions. It's so cute and hilarious. I have not read the manga in years, but I want them to be BFFs!

The scene before the opening, when Roland started crying, I was cracking up so hard.

Dr. Moreau is here!! I had been waiting for this arc. I am liking his actor so far. He sounds like someone who could be extremely abusive, while still telling jokes. I hope they do a good job here!!!

I think they still could have handled Vanitas a bit better. Most of his jokes sound extremely forced. Well, I had been worried about this ever since I heard who his VA would be. Hanae Natsuki does a good job, but then he suddenly does a bad job, and it can be quite jarring. I like him the best when he's doing serious roles like Kaneki and Maki, because he does them brilliantly.
Aug 27, 2021 1:36 PM
Jul 2020
As a person who has read the manga over the past week, I would say that it would be better if I didn’t, as I was very disappointed with this episode. It was too much focused on chibi and gags, but in the manga in these chapters, an oppressive atmosphere gradually appeared, leading to shit in the following chapters. And everything is too hasty, we do not have time to feel the drama of Vanitas. The fact that they stung Moro's screams and the conversation with Roland is okay, the flashback about the appearance of the blue moon vampire may be at the beginning of the next episode, but the fact that they cut out the conversation between Noe and Vanitas was terribly disappointing, this is an important scene, I hope her put somewhere before the blue-eyed spoiler appears. If that I liked the hostage scene and the animation of the fight with Roland.
Aug 27, 2021 1:45 PM

Nov 2019
DaPlane said:

>Introduces curses and mentions bourreaus and chasseurs in first episode. Vanitas and Noé's partnership enters 1st stage. Endgame foreshadowing.

>Shows a bourreau hired by Ruthven in second episode. Luca mentions about brother. Hints at Human-vampire war and a participator at it, Jeanne(2nd episode)

>gives Noé's past flashbacks. Mentions the other village children. Domi uses collar on Noé, which might seem random(3rd episode)

>Explains the world and astermite. Shows Vanitas' character. Explains why Domi uses collar (4th episode)

>Gives a part of Noé's past and explained all his motivation from earlier episodes. (5th episode)

>Naenia mentioned in reference to Charlatan. Ruthven mentioned in 2nd episode introduced. Vampire powers and how they work foreshadowed when Vanitas praised Veronica eyes. Hints about Vanitas' character shown in past episodes now given. Vanitas and Noé's partnership enters second stage. Endgame foreshadowing. (6th episode)

>Sets up relationships between main characters. Gives a big revelation to the core of Vanitas' personality. (7th episode)

>As a follow-up to the events so far, makes Luca's position clear, and his brother mentioned in 2nd episode. Hints at many crucial plot points. Shows the devil-may-care attitude of Vanitas setup in previous episodes. Gives more insight into Vampire politics post war (mentioned in earlier episodes). Chasseurs come to the picture, mentioned in 1st episode. Vanitas' focus on emblem shown. (8th episode)

>Explains the role of chasseurs, explains vampire powers hinted in episode 6, uses Vanitas' string used only in episode 1 so far, doesn't waste time answering Vanitas' connection to the church. Also explains why he has treated humans and vampires equally with indifference. (9th episode)

I can give nearly a hundred of other connections and how focussed the plot is, but seems like people would rather have a "I want to collect some Dragon balls" or "i wanna become Pirate King" so I start making friends, train, go to adventures and fight the villain before having the well planned swimsuit episode.

Even having no "direction" for the most part, Gintama has managed to a masterful job of crafting one of the most beloved franchises. So this is pretty much an empty complaint.
"All truth is meaningless. In the end, 'meaning' comes from the mind of each individual human. Even when there is a single truth, it can mean different things to different individuals. The truth has no meaning in itself!" - Erika Furudo
Aug 27, 2021 1:50 PM

Feb 2021
Wow this episode is probably my favorite so far,
The fight scene was amazing, the OST was great, the animation continues to be good, and I found the comedy and jokes to be very funny.
Aug 27, 2021 2:34 PM

Sep 2015
I must say, it's very interesting to see the majority of manga readers being disappointed with this particular episode, and the anime-only watchers being content. I'm honestly glad the latter is the case, since at least that means we manga-readers might just be comparing it to the source material too much. That being said, hopefully we'll all be content with all of the episodes from here on out.
Aug 27, 2021 2:57 PM
Nov 2017
Great episode today. Of course Vanitas is number 69 xD.

Looks like next episode we might get some Vanitas backstory.
Aug 27, 2021 3:33 PM

Sep 2018
Pretty funny episode. I've always been pretty interesting in Vanitas's history so I'm excited to know more about him. Action scenes were pretty dope too. According to manga readers, this adaptation been cutting out some stuff but at least the anime still pretty enjoyable to me.
Aug 27, 2021 3:49 PM

Mar 2014
Roland's introduction was glorious as it should

I really love how him and Noé are basically the same, what with getting lost everywhere, being enthusiastic and airheaded. Their unlikely friendship really shocked Vanitas LOL

Noé trying to read Vanitas' expressions to get a glimpse of his past and also to figure out whether he's upset or not is so sweet and caring.

They cut one scene from Vanitas' past that is pretty important and I don't know where or if it will be added at all, which is a shame ;_;

With Moreau's introduction, the next episode will be pretty informative and intense.
Aug 27, 2021 4:30 PM
Jun 2013
SebCyrSC2000 said:

Oh God, shut up, i will not read the manga, i'm very satisfied with the anime so far, stop ruining the enjoyment of anime onlies with this annoying "hurr durr anime is terrible because it didn't adapted this or that" thing, most are enjoying.
Aug 27, 2021 5:12 PM
Jul 2018
Vanitas is very charismatic no matter what scene is difficult or tense whenever Vanitas is fine with his way of acting, Noah really got angry after Vanitas talking about Vampire mentioned him.
Aug 27, 2021 6:13 PM

Jan 2020
Well, that was a very unexpected ending. Another good episode. We must protect Noe at all costs. I like the curiosity of Noe and his will to learn more about the things that fascinate/intrigue him. Every week the art and music impress me even more.

These one week gaps are making me forget things, I wish I could binge watch this instead.
I sometimes forget to finish my sentences.
Aug 27, 2021 7:43 PM

Jan 2021
SebCyrSC2000 said:

please dont say that, im a manga reader and i dont think the anime is that bad, besides you might be making anime onlies drop it and they wont check the manga either
let them enjoy it, and believe it or not, most of them do.
if they enjoyed the anime, they will definitely check the manga after if finishes airing
Aug 27, 2021 7:45 PM

Oct 2019
Serawii said:
SebCyrSC2000 said:

please dont say that, im a manga reader and i dont think the anime is that bad, besides you might be making anime onlies drop it and they wont check the manga either
let them enjoy it, and believe it or not, most of them do.
if they enjoyed the anime, they will definitely check the manga after if finishes airing

Ok, I changed my mind. This episode was really good. I rewatched it and really liked it. DON’T DROP THIS ANIME PLEASE.
Aug 27, 2021 8:24 PM

Jun 2014
Next episode title. Nice lol.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Aug 27, 2021 9:23 PM

Jun 2019
It seems like this series has officially caught its groove after a pretty mid start. I’m liking Noe and Vanitas as characters more and their chemestry has gotten better in recent episodes. I’m also glad that they were able to reach an understanding with Roland without it feeling too cliché or taking itself too seriously.
Aug 27, 2021 9:52 PM

Feb 2016
i felt like this episode just swept the serious back story of vanitas under the rug... so ganna for sure listen to everyone and read the manga.

"ɪ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴢᴇʀᴏ ɪɴᴛᴇʀᴇꜱᴛ
ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ꜱᴏʀᴛ ᴏꜰ ᴘᴇʀꜱᴏɴ
ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴏᴜʟᴅ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴍᴇ."
- ᴠᴀɴɪᴛᴀꜱ
Aug 27, 2021 9:57 PM

Dec 2020
blonde guy is NOT RIGHT in the head but honestly.. are any of the characters here right in the head? correct answer: no. BUT! we've gained another ally, he's a silly character that turns hella badass while fighting, love those. that ending tho... guessing after going "DR MOREAU(つ≧▽≦)つ" vanitas will instantly hit him. im positive of that. if not then ill buy my cat expensive treats from my pocket money for a week
Aug 27, 2021 10:34 PM

Apr 2015
Not sure what the manga readers are complaining about. I just watched the episode and read the manga chapters that got adapted and I think the anime adaptation was pretty good. Yes, some explanations about the world formula and some parts that shed a bit more light on Vanitas's character were shortened/cut-out, but it's not such a big deal that makes the anime "suck" compared to the manga. Please stop making such a fuss when Bones is doing such an amazing job compared to most other manga-to-anime adaptation I've seen.

...Anyways, great episode. I really liked the conversations between Noe and Vanitas and some of the comedy bits actually made me chuckle a bit. Didn't think Roland would make an alliance with our two MCs so quickly but I like his character so I'm looking forward to seeing more of him. Thought it was a weird way to end the episode, but well, it did make me curious to see what Vanitas is planning next lol.

"As promised, all that you seek, all that we desire, is prepared up there. On top of the Tower."
Aug 27, 2021 11:21 PM

Mar 2020
SebCyrSC2000 said:

Vanitas adaptation is still a good one considering it hasnt ended yet and has good art and direction. pandora hearts adapt was a abomination rather then a adaptation for the most part and vanitas is certainly much better then that.
Aug 27, 2021 11:30 PM

Mar 2020
SO anime onlies are finding it to be great. Thats very good to hear tbh. I guess considering the high quality of the manga, and very high expectations of the readers, most manga readers felt rather disappointed(Including me). Though i just hope they take 2 episodes rather then 1 to complete this arc because this is a very important arc. ANd it is suppose to be the highlight of season 1 as well. SO yeah i hope bones delievers it.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Vanitas no Karte Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 13, 2021

126 by nikki05 »»
Apr 15, 10:30 AM

Poll: » Vanitas no Karte Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 16, 2021

242 by Sasutaschi »»
Apr 6, 4:48 PM

Poll: » Vanitas no Karte Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 23, 2021

158 by wallus81 »»
Mar 25, 7:29 PM

Poll: » Vanitas no Karte Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 9, 2021

148 by wallus81 »»
Mar 24, 12:54 AM

Poll: » Vanitas no Carte Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 2, 2021

350 by wallus81 »»
Mar 18, 4:24 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.