Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Scum's Wish
Available on Manga Store
New
Aug 25, 2021 10:17 AM

Jul 2019
Seriously, to SCHOOL DAYS? This anime had a perfectly normal ending that made sense given the plot we were given. Every character's arc was concluded and explained in the end. The twists were minimal and the actions of the characters were scrutinized and explained with an almost annoying depth.

I'm so lost as to why this is getting compared to School Days. I took a look at the wayback machine and the score of this anime after it ended was 7.90, dropping only 0.04 from the 11th episode, and throughout most of its run, it remained as 8.00

I have no idea how this anime built such a bad reputation nor do I understand the overblown comparisons to be honest
Aug 25, 2021 10:28 AM

Feb 2020
well, it actually better than school day. but still u do get the Makoto vibe with all the sleeping around plot.

When hype goes down scores usually decrease, its nothing new.
Click for a anime mashup!
BIO
Still not gone bandwagon u, keep crying. Here u are welcome to CRINGE at my EXISTENCE

Aug 25, 2021 11:01 AM
Jul 2019
School Days was way more entertaining than this show. stay mad bro.
Aug 25, 2021 1:54 PM

Jul 2015
Very flawed characters.

School Days takes a lot of shit, because it dared to adapt a route, which leads to a bad end.
In Kuzu no Honkai every character pursues doxic and doomed relationship, which wouldn't last long.

Aug 25, 2021 6:01 PM
Jul 2018
From an outside perspective, I thought it was because both shows are infuriating to watch, but this thread has given me the impression that there's more to it than that.
Aug 25, 2021 8:31 PM

Mar 2013
I think it was being compaired to this series's game and not the actual Anime.
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Aug 25, 2021 9:47 PM
May 2020
Good to know scum's wish at 8 when it came.
Maybe it just went lower by time because of how pure anime watchers are nowadays.
School days comparison is something doesn't make sense for me either
Aug 26, 2021 12:27 AM
Jun 2021
Because it tackles the ugly side of romance with despicable characters. I think this show is much better, but holy the school days ending is sooooooo much more satisfying.
Aug 26, 2021 4:29 AM
Apr 2021
Very worse story ever seen
Sep 2, 2021 2:47 PM
Apr 2020
Rojaseb said:
Seriously, to SCHOOL DAYS? This anime had a perfectly normal ending that made sense given the plot we were given. Every character's arc was concluded and explained in the end. The twists were minimal and the actions of the characters were scrutinized and explained with an almost annoying depth.

I'm so lost as to why this is getting compared to School Days. I took a look at the wayback machine and the score of this anime after it ended was 7.90, dropping only 0.04 from the 11th episode, and throughout most of its run, it remained as 8.00

I have no idea how this anime built such a bad reputation nor do I understand the overblown comparisons to be honest

Same here
I just finished this and I've been told that this is similar to school days and it's one of the worst animes ever made

It's nothing like school days
This is a psychological story about adolescence and the darker parts of the human feelings
It was a breath of fresh air for me since im not into the generic love stories and this is exactly what I want to see more of

The sex scenes have been taken as pure fan service unfortunately, in reality its very necessary in such a story, it wasn't there just as a type of attraction to the hentai lovers but it's actually forms a big part of the story and the true feeling of being completely lost not knowing what to do anymore and relying on others to fill the gaps

It's kinda sad seeing how much this anime is hated and treated as a hentai, I guess not everyone can understand the message of it

Im glad I wasn't the only one who thought that it's getting shat on for all the wrong reasons
Sep 3, 2021 4:14 PM
May 2020
maybe they get compared because both shows are elite
Sep 15, 2021 2:40 AM

Jun 2017
i like school days more, but school days also takes itself a tad less seriously ((it devolves into a senseless harem but then accounts for itself through a fairly consequential & fantastically edgy omegalul ending)) whereas kuzu no honkai tries to be something a tad more meaningful & serious...and well, in my opinion, doesn't do itself a great job at being

Sep 18, 2021 12:08 AM
Jun 2020
MaxPlays91 said:
Rojaseb said:

Same here
I just finished this and I've been told that this is similar to school days and it's one of the worst animes ever made

This is a psychological story about adolescence and the darker parts of the human feelings
It was a breath of fresh air for me since im not into the generic love stories and this is exactly what I want to see more of

The sex scenes have been taken as pure fan service unfortunately, in reality its very necessary in such a story, it wasn't there just as a type of attraction to the hentai lovers but it's actually forms a big part of the story and the true feeling of being completely lost not knowing what to do anymore and relying on others to fill the gaps

It's kinda sad seeing how much this anime is hated and treated as a hentai, I guess not everyone can understand the message of it

Im glad I wasn't the only one who thought that it's getting shat on for all the wrong reasons

It's nice to see that someone has the same opinion as I have.
It's really sad that this anime get so much hate.
Sep 18, 2021 12:42 AM
Apr 2020
SkullPlease19 said:
MaxPlays91 said:

Same here

It's nice to see that someone has the same opinion as I have.
It's really sad that this anime get so much hate.

After doing some research turns out there is a fan base for this anime, it's just not as big as the more popular shows, but that's kinda normal if you take a peak on the top 100 Anime you will see tons of shows that is actually straight up bad so people's opinions on Anime is quite different, majority like mainstream shows like Shonens etc, not the first time for me that I watch something really great and find that the majority of the mal community doesn't like it at all 😅
I believe this will get the love it deserves in the future since there is not much Anime that do what this show did
Hopefully 🤞

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kuzu no Honkai Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 30, 2017

433 by unbigou »»
Mar 24, 8:22 PM

Poll: » Kuzu no Honkai Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 16, 2017

250 by AniGreek73 »»
Feb 17, 5:46 PM

» Live Action

JSeanaY - Dec 18, 2023

5 by Asudox »»
Dec 29, 2023 3:14 PM

Poll: » Kuzu no Honkai Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 9, 2017

159 by Sanyuu »»
Dec 22, 2023 10:06 AM

» I want to watch it but I don't want to watch it.

Ronin_Sensei - Sep 13, 2023

48 by Zarutaku »»
Dec 13, 2023 2:23 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.