Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Best Iteration Yet?
Aug 24, 2021 2:49 PM

Apr 2018
So far from what I'm seeing so far, by having only 5 members on the group is doing wonders for pacing and character development. The show is flowing smoothly thus far unlike Nijigasaki Gakuen, where literally every single girl gets one episode and then they revert into a background character. With this being the first season and assuming there'll be another season after like every iteration of Love Live. This is looking to be the best iteration of Love Live ever as this group of girls will be the most developed of them all.
DragevardAug 24, 2021 2:59 PM
Aug 24, 2021 3:08 PM
Aug 2020
Absolutely! I was very skeptical of watching this show after the Nijigasaki anime, where every character felt basically irrelevant ad uninteresting post their episode (also the episodic format made every episode feel inconsistent in terms of storytelling quality). 5 episodes later and this is one of my favorite shows this season, smaller cast size really does wonders, the animation is top notch, characters and comedy are all fun, overall a great time and I'm hopeful for the future from here on out!
Aug 24, 2021 4:38 PM

Aug 2011
Dragevard said:
So far from what I'm seeing so far, by having only 5 members on the group is doing wonders for pacing and character development. The show is flowing smoothly thus far unlike Nijigasaki Gakuen, where literally every single girl gets one episode and then they revert into a background character. With this being the first season and assuming there'll be another season after like every iteration of Love Live. This is looking to be the best iteration of Love Live ever as this group of girls will be the most developed of them all.

Nijigasaki doing their own things and not following Love Live format so not really fair to compare with them. If want to compare, compare with SIP or Sunshine.
Aug 24, 2021 6:05 PM
May 2011
Every episode has been better than the last, and the addition of Sumire elevated it even more. Keke and Kanon were fine together, but Keke and Sumire was gold in this past episode.

That said, I still prefer Sunshine at this point, though I may be biased since it was my first (and only other) Love Live
Aug 24, 2021 10:42 PM
Jun 2021
i’m so glad that FINALLY all characters have something special for the group. kanon and ren with producing music, chisato with choreography, sumire with show business and internet ways, keke and kanon lyrics. no one is just a background character, they all have something to provide for the group. it’s also refreshing to see the leader actually able to make music and has experience with music. the humor, music, and characters are amazing, as well
Aug 25, 2021 12:08 PM

Jan 2019
I would say, that Love Live Superstar! is the best Love Live show, if not 40% of these characters were, annoying. Best story telling, best graphics, best music until now...
But Keke and Sumire are to much for only 5 girls. Furthermore Ren is not the type of character I like. (I didn't like Eli or Dia too, even if Dia's voice actress Komiya Arisa has one of the best voices of the whole franchise)

Therefore I really like only Kanon and (best girl) Chisato for now. That is not enough to say, that this anime would be better than the original Love Live! anime.
Mar 19, 2022 5:52 AM

Aug 2017
Loved the quintet. Didn't like Niji at all. Didn't like sunshine either. Liella and mus kick butt.
May 15, 2022 6:16 PM
Jul 2019
Dragevard said:
unlike Nijigasaki Gakuen, where literally every single girl gets one episode and then they revert into a background character

Superstar!! even feels like it's just Kanon (and friends). Despite having only 5 characters, they gave too much favoritism on Kanon.

Chisato mostly focuses on Kanon and didn't really had her own development. She was already doing fine with her dancing stuff.

Ren being added too late thinking her arc would have a good pay-off but it was some of the worst received episodes and she ended up the least popular among the 5. https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1965522

Sumire was fine, and I like episode 10 the most, but I wish she had other motivations for being a school idol.

Keke was heavily involved in some episodes but has yet to get a proper arc of her own. Now we have 4 new additions for season 2, reverting back to the "magic 9".
May 15, 2022 6:28 PM

Jun 2014
Absolutely. Superstar was such a breath of fresh air. Although not every Liella girl is necessarily my favorite out of the 35 (soon to be 39) in the franchise, I think overall they were written so much better on average. I'd say writing-wise, my ranking would be Sumire > Keke/Kanon > Ren/Chisato (although if I'm remembering correctly, Keke might be missing an extended "arc"). Absolutely adore Kanon the most right now though.

I'm super excited for the new 4. They look great and seem to have a lot of potential. I'm not too worried about it being overcrowded because of how well they did S1. I think they can handle 4 more. Also the additions feel so natural plot-wise. It's a brand new school, and a brand new club. It's only natural for them to gain members with a new year. Our girls becoming senpais? (Like actual senpais with experience?) Cute. I'm excited.

           but you can become stronger...

...でもつよくなれるよ                     

More topics from this board

Poll: » Love Live! Superstar!! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Oct 17, 2021

72 by Zekkenshin »»
Dec 12, 2023 10:23 PM

Poll: » Love Live! Superstar!! Episode 8 Discussion

AkeZZZ - Sep 19, 2021

34 by Zekkenshin »»
Dec 8, 2023 6:56 AM

Poll: » Love Live! Superstar!! Episode 4 Discussion

AkeZZZ - Aug 15, 2021

47 by Zekkenshin »»
Dec 3, 2023 10:35 PM

Poll: » Love Live! Superstar!! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

AkeZZZ - Jul 18, 2021

54 by Zekkenshin »»
Dec 2, 2023 9:52 PM

Poll: » Love Live! Superstar!! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

AkeZZZ - Jul 11, 2021

114 by Zekkenshin »»
Dec 1, 2023 9:15 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.