Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
That Time I got Reincarnated as a Slime
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Aug 24, 2021 7:28 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Albis' determination is admirable in this fight. A few of the scenes during her segment were kinda disturbing.

Elsewhere, we got the fight involving the beastmen. I thought the episode also had some comical moments as well mainly from Benimaru's side. A good balanced mixture of drama and entertainment if you ask me.

Apr 2020
Alvis is strong, she beats Yamza easily. What did Yamza eat? and suddenly he turned into Charybdis.
Damn, Benimaru looks really dope! he beats Charybdis easily.

Looks like we'll have to wait for the next episode to see Walpurgis...

Jul 2017
The pre-Walpurgis fight that involves 2 sides of the battle: Gabiru and Suphia vs. Hermes and Father Middray, and the more impactful Albis vs. Yamza.

Hermes is no fit for Gabiru, while Father Middray remains the strong Dragon Faithful. The latter coming from the same dragonewt race that could not evolve into Lizardmen, the human-dragon union that makes them equally as powerful as dragonewts on the inside, while looking human on the outside.

Albis vs. Yamza, and the latter by the aid of his own power, isn't enough to fend against Albis with his Doppelganger artifact. Being out of options, Clayman has done it again: puppeter Yamza into submission into swallowing the orb, transforming him into a figment of Charbydis devouring Yamza's core power, a mere fraction of the real thing. And while the others can handle it, there's none other than Benimaru who can effectively exterminate Charbydis, being one already used to and prepared on a whole other skill level. To think that both Benimaru and Middray are on equal power and friendship levels, if not for the others dispersing their feud, this small army would've been goners in terms of Milim and Rimuru's context.

Clayman's puppets Tear and Footman are just acting their usual, and have already realized their great loss. Against Geld and Phobio who aren't done just yet, these puppeteers have no time to waste to report back to Clayman of the current progress. These 2 suffered their defeat, but a learning lesson to cease and desist for future plans. The revenge might have to wait for next time for that.

Still waiting for Walpurgis to commence...
KANLen09Aug 24, 2021 8:29 AM
Aug 24, 2021 7:32 AM

Mar 2021
Well, as I expected there's no info about Walpurgis...

But we got some good action today.

Let me be honest, I think the manga did well than the anime part. I'm not complaining that the episode is bad, but it could be better..

Just my opinion

If it looks like I stand no chance I’ll run away and think up a new plan, but otherwise, I should see how strong it is with my own eyes, right?

Aug 24, 2021 7:55 AM

Jun 2019
Albis vs. Yamza was great. Tho he turned into Charybdis later on. Glad that Benimau handled the situation at hand. Still no Wapurgis in this episode. Looks like we'll have to wait a little longer.

Cool action this week. Still, a lot to look forward to. Great episode.
Aug 24, 2021 8:26 AM
Mar 2021
Benimaru was awesome, at least there's that. Overall a pretty underwhelming episode but I guess it's fitting for this cour
Aug 24, 2021 8:27 AM
Sep 2015
Truly Benimaru episode despite him being fully clothed.
Aug 24, 2021 8:28 AM

Jan 2021
These are enemies? They seem to have known each other all their lives, they speak to each other with more respect than I do to my sister Xd.

Ugh, how disgusting Clayman is, but more disgusting was the transformation of that monster. Ehh, well it wasn't a problem, Benimaru is very broken hahah

Geld is underrated, I can see why he was the character with the most favorites a while back... 😌
Very good episode, pretty great all the fights
Aug 24, 2021 8:30 AM

Oct 2017
Albis' new form was cool and op too. She beat Yamza quite easily but ofc Clayman turned Yamza into Carybdis who was supposed to be a disaster but Benimaru one shot him lol. Also the Jesters got away, I wanted to see these two get their ass beaten.

Everything's fine but where tf is Walpurgis? Is it gonna even happen in this season with only 4 episodes left? Even if it starts I feel like we'll be stuck with a huge cliffhanger. I sure dun want to be left on one.
Aug 24, 2021 8:34 AM

Dec 2020
I knew Benimaru was so strong, but that was quite different, I would have liked to see the two had fight also but they don’t wann millim sama as a enemy that can be understood lol.

Also Yamza vs Albis was anice fight and albis was damn strong, i think we see walpurgis in episode 10.

Very nice episode<3
HiroyasuAug 24, 2021 8:38 AM
P O S I T I V E V I B E Sシ

Aug 24, 2021 8:35 AM

Jul 2020
That monster’a design was nightmare fuel to say the least. Benimarus still bloody OP, the fights are brilliantly choreographed and packed with action, love when this anime comes back to its fighting style roots, world building is fun and all but the actions where it’s at sometimes!
Check out my channel @Criticiza on Youtube to watch my vids ;)

Aug 24, 2021 8:35 AM

Jun 2021
Benimaru's current power is amazing.
Aug 24, 2021 8:37 AM

Sep 2018
Damn, this episode really flew by quick!

I love how Gabiru, Suphia and Middray acknowledged that they are not really enemies but still wanted to fight.
Albis full transformation somehow made her even hotter then before and she easily destroyed little Yamza. Once again Calyman uses his subodinate this time as a core for Charybdis fragment, but Absolute Chad Benimaru comes in and one-shots it in front of Albis(wet panties would be falling down if she wore any!).

Seems like next episode is finally time for some Shuna shine! Cant wait to see it!
well that's just my opinion.....
Aug 24, 2021 8:37 AM
Jun 2020
KANLen09 said:
Clayman's puppets Tear and Footman are just acting their usual, and have already realized their great loss. Against Geld and Phobio who aren't done just yet, these puppeteers have no time to waste to report back to Clayman of the current progress. These 2 suffered their defeat, but a learning lesson to cease and desist for future plans. The revenge might have to wait for next time for that.
Tear and Footman aren't Clayman's puppets and the one they want to report back to isn't Clayman either .They are on equal footing with Clayman and serve the same person .
Aug 24, 2021 8:39 AM

Dec 2013
Just when I started thinking Albis was op, Benimaru showed up and proved that he is way more op.

Clowns are tougher than I expected. Didn't seem like Geld and Phobio were that much of a challenge to them. Although I doubt they would stand a chance against Benimaru.
Aug 24, 2021 8:40 AM

Jul 2017
OVERLORD696969 said:
KANLen09 said:
Tear and Footman aren't Clayman's puppets and the one they want to report back to isn't Clayman either .They are on equal footing with Clayman and serve the same person .
Oh sorry, more like right-hand men of Clayman. The confusion is nigh.
Aug 24, 2021 8:46 AM
Mar 2020
ONE HIT KO... Dang it Benimaru was MVP... Decent episode, bummer they didn't start like that after 4th episode or so.
Aug 24, 2021 8:59 AM

Jan 2014
man, I do hope for Benimaru vs the Priest, but we all already know who's the winner.

Aug 24, 2021 9:03 AM
Aug 2018
I really liked the first season of this show, and S2C1 was *OK* but this cour really exposes how god-awful the pacing of this season is. That's always been a problem with this show, but this cour really takes it to new lows. I know this is anime, but seriously--this has some of the absolute worst pacing of any show I've ever seen. We're 8 episodes in, and what? Exactly what of true import has actually happened? Almost nothing. That god damn meeting took like the first four episodes, when it easily, EASILY could have been two. And what tf was that fight with the Dragon Faithful?? On paper, it definitely makes sense, but the way Father Middray and Gabiru and Suphia talk and interact with each other is almost infuriating; it's so obvious the writers just fluffed this episode up to stall for time. As soon as the episode started, I just KNEW nothing would happen this episode.

S2C2, for all its hype, has been largely a disappointment. The fact that it's at 8.37 as of right now is mind boggling.
vardavarrAug 24, 2021 9:07 AM
Aug 24, 2021 9:06 AM

Mar 2020
Albis' power-up was awesome...but benimaru stole the show. Gabiru and his followers were super cool in this episode too
Walpurgis when?
Aug 24, 2021 9:09 AM

Jun 2020
This has been like your run of a mill battle shounen - for the majority of this part of the second season - without the good animation to back it up. The turns in power scales are really confusing and arbitrary. I still find the show entertaining but the score should be so much lower, especially compared to the 1st season which was vastly superior.
‘It may be admitted that if it were possible for us to have so deep an insight into a human's way of thinking, as it shows itself both through inner and outer actions, that every, even the least incentive to these actions and all external occasions which affect them, were so known to us, then his future conduct could be predicted as certainly as the appearance of a solar or a lunar eclipse.’ Critique of Practical Reason, p. 230 of the Rosenkranz.
Aug 24, 2021 9:11 AM

Aug 2013
Never thoughts I would see Charybdis once again. Benimaru defeating hit easily was awesome.

Aug 24, 2021 9:20 AM
Oct 2016
Well anyone who's been wanting to see fights in this part of the series here you go. We got a whole episode focusing on the three fights that ended last week. Albis handling Yamza super easily, giving him the work until Clayman pulled his strings. Which is funny since in the last episode Yamza said he was the only one not under Clayman control, turns out that was a foolish thought. Clayman going full mad scientist turning him into a makeshift version of the monster Milim killed back in season one. Benimaru coming to Flex on everyone taking it out no problem. A great general and a great fighter. Gabiru and Suphia had their work cut out for them until they realized who they were fighting. The dragon faithful aren't really their enemy so not much point in trying to kill each other. Phobio and Geld had the worst of it from the three fights. The clowns are definitely stronger than they look, good thing Geld was there so save Phobio. Now seems like most of the fighting here is done.
Aug 24, 2021 9:24 AM
Jan 2020
I dont know why... i just want to see my Adalman boi as soon as possible.
Any way... this episode is lacking tension for some reason...? Idk... i just want to see Shuna vs Adalman and the Walpurgis arc.
4 episodes left. Bruh 1 episode of Shuna Vs Adalman and 3 episodes of Among us with Itachi in it.
Mehehehee
Aug 24, 2021 9:25 AM

Dec 2020
The writing in this season sucks. I don't mind dialogues in between fights but here most of the dialogues seems stupid like the conversation between suphia and Midray at the start of the episode is a five minutes waste of time. I read the manga and it is 100 times better in my opinion.
Aug 24, 2021 9:29 AM
Feb 2021
Is it only me or the episodes are way too short more than they should and barely anything happens !!!!
Aug 24, 2021 9:30 AM

Dec 2020
vardavarr said:
I really liked the first season of this show, and S2C1 was *OK* but this cour really exposes how god-awful the pacing of this season is. That's always been a problem with this show, but this cour really takes it to new lows. I know this is anime, but seriously--this has some of the absolute worst pacing of any show I've ever seen. We're 8 episodes in, and what? Exactly what of true import has actually happened? Almost nothing. That god damn meeting took like the first four episodes, when it easily, EASILY could have been two. And what tf was that fight with the Dragon Faithful?? On paper, it definitely makes sense, but the way Father Middray and Gabiru and Suphia talk and interact with each other is almost infuriating; it's so obvious the writers just fluffed this episode up to stall for time. As soon as the episode started, I just KNEW nothing would happen this episode.

S2C2, for all its hype, has been largely a disappointment. The fact that it's at 8.37 as of right now is mind boggling.
Exactly my thoughts bro
Aug 24, 2021 9:32 AM
Feb 2021
DhineshRaj said:
The writing in this season sucks. I don't mind dialogues in between fights but here most of the dialogues seems stupid like the conversation between suphia and Midray at the start of the episode is a five minutes waste of time. I read the manga and it is 100 times better in my opinion.

I agreeeee, every episode ends before anything happens. In this episode the only thing worth watching was benimaru's new skill. I guess I should go read the manga then
Aug 24, 2021 9:34 AM

Mar 2021
Kimchi_kimbab said:
DhineshRaj said:

I agreeeee, every episode ends before anything happens. In this episode the only thing worth watching was benimaru's new skill. I guess I should go read the manga then

benimaru still used the same skill Hell Flare, but it's just upgraded lol

If it looks like I stand no chance I’ll run away and think up a new plan, but otherwise, I should see how strong it is with my own eyes, right?

Aug 24, 2021 9:35 AM
Feb 2021
tensura1704 said:
Kimchi_kimbab said:

benimaru still used the same skill Hell Flare, but it's just upgraded lol

Looool omg yeah, it's just the upgrade.
Aug 24, 2021 9:42 AM

Feb 2019
Ngl I’m starting to agree with people who feel like 8bit have paced it poorly now. I feel like we should be into Walpurgis by now.
Aug 24, 2021 9:45 AM
Jul 2021
Another great episode, however!?! I thought Walpurgis was starting THIS week?! I saw a trailer that I thought was the preview for this week but I guess it was an end of the season promo(maybe?). But anyway it was great although it didn't make sense how these guys were enemies then allies then enemies or whatever! But it was soo sick to see what Albis was capable of, Holy crap! She's such a beast, also I loved seeing what Benimaru is now capable of his power is unbelievable. I was seriously worried that our squad was going to get MESSED up while Rimaru-sama was in his meeting. And I know some people want there to be more death in this show(and death that actually sticks) and while I do usually like at least the possibility of death to give the show real stakes, I love these characters so much that I don't want to lose any of them.
Aug 24, 2021 9:50 AM
Oct 2019
Benimaru coming with the smoke.
Taking care of it like it's nothing lol

Wow the Clown is actually pretty strong, Geld can't even beat them.
Aug 24, 2021 9:51 AM
Dec 2019
Benimaru become pretty strong, it was cool that he was able to beat Charybdis and you could see how much stronger he was compared to the Beastketeers.
Aug 24, 2021 9:54 AM

Nov 2014
Not the best episode imo. At least Benimaru scenes saved it a bit.
Aug 24, 2021 9:55 AM

Jul 2009
Gabil was like (0_0)
bruh
Aug 24, 2021 10:03 AM

Apr 2018
Pretty good episode, Albis got the spotlight this time. Her evolved state or whatever you call it was fabulous. Seems like they put a lot of budget into her two plots.

The fights are rushed imo but still some nice action here and there. I'm quite suprised at how strong Gabiru is now. He even beat Hermes. And Suphia was struggling against Father Middray. Not suprising tho, even the great Benimaru was aware of that guy.

Yamza's doppelganger artifact was no feat against Albis her upgraded state. And of course, you can't escape after losing a battle if you're a subordinate of Clayman. Turned into Charbydis but the Great Benimaru defeated it in one slash.
Oh god, his entrance scene was just epic. The upgraded version of Hell Flare is SICK. Can't wait to see him more.

A fight against Father Middray would have been amazing but it would cause a massive problem for both sides. The comedy was pretty good this episode.

Tear and Footman defeated Geld and Phobio. Once again, not really suprising. They're on equal foot with Clayman. They're kind of lucky being still alive. But they gained some information about their powers which Rimuru will analyze.

So it's a win-win.

Sadly, no information on Walpurgris. I did see some scenes of it. It looked great.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Aug 24, 2021 10:10 AM
Nov 2019
Both this and MHA were disappointing this season, like I’m not complaining about the animation but the pacing and series composition was awful its like fuck the interactions and the characters personalities just cram all the important plots into it, season 2 part 1 it was understandable that due to Covid-19 the schedule was messed up and some scene had to be cut off and i think they did a good job with that
We’re 8episodes in for part 2 and i know they want to end with Walpurgis aftermath but this is absurd “hey lets make 4episodes of meeting with same shit over and over again and one more episode for recap of those 4episodes instead of explaining a characters powers and how they work” some people may feel I’m being overdramatic but as a fan of tensura having read WN,LN and the manga i just can’t bring myself to rate what’s happening in anime as good and execution of fights feel bland and i think S1 was doing awesome job at that
Aug 24, 2021 10:13 AM

May 2018
That Albis form though <3
red1130Aug 24, 2021 1:02 PM
Aug 24, 2021 10:14 AM

Apr 2018
These episodes pass too quickly.
Aug 24, 2021 10:14 AM

Mar 2021
Replette said:
Both this and MHA were disappointing this season, like I’m not complaining about the animation but the pacing and series composition was awful its like fuck the interactions and the characters personalities just cram all the important plots into it, season 2 part 1 it was understandable that due to Covid-19 the schedule was messed up and some scene had to be cut off and i think they did a good job with that
We’re 8episodes in for part 2 and i know they want to end with Walpurgis aftermath but this is absurd “hey lets make 4episodes of meeting with same shit over and over again and one more episode for recap of those 4episodes instead of explaining a characters powers and how they work” some people may feel I’m being overdramatic but as a fan of tensura having read WN,LN and the manga i just can’t bring myself to rate what’s happening in anime as good and execution of fights feel bland and i think S1 was doing awesome job at that

i think they want to end this arc at episode 12, so that there will be no hints for the new season.. (just my opinion, anything can happen)

Aug 24, 2021 10:16 AM
Mar 2021
I can't remember a show putting this much faith in it's climax. Every episode has been 5 or below out of 10 so far and we're all meant to just accept it because Walpurgis is this amazing event in the show. If they mess it up or it fails to deliver this might be the biggest drop off since the Endless Eight arc.
Aug 24, 2021 10:38 AM
Apr 2021
dude this episode i even liked this episode besides having the transformation Albis she have humiliated Yamza In this episode, Benimaru made Barbecue de Charybdis
Aug 24, 2021 10:45 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Milim's elites though sure are living up to their rep. But gotta hand it to Gabiru though when he get's serious he's a force to be reckoned with. The revelation that the source of their strength was because they were also of the same species was quite the surprise. The dual between Yamza and Albis though continued to impress especially her determination to protect the land. Too bad that Clayman managed to spoil the almost clean finish that Albis managed to secure though. Still it was an interesting direction to take that battle though. Benimaru though really made things easy with his power. On the other front Footman and Tear proved to be surprisingly tough foes despite the odds arrayed against them. Overall looks like the ambush on Clayman's army was a resounding success despite some complications. Can't wait to see what happens at the meeting next.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 24, 2021 10:45 AM

Aug 2017
if there is any ln readers here how much of volume 6 is left to adapt
i am kinda scared they wont get to the end of volume 6 since rimurus and claymans fight seems quite far away
Aug 24, 2021 10:46 AM
Jun 2021
ive been waiting for weeks and walpurgis is still not there,,, dont tell me it will be in the last few episodes,,
Aug 24, 2021 10:51 AM

Oct 2018
Albis is very strong but Benimaru... i want so much to see him fight seriously :O
Aug 24, 2021 11:14 AM

Dec 2013
Now this is more like it, we got to see a bit of some characters' power.

So Benimaru and Middray are almost equally strong but how do Geld, Gobuta and Gabiru rank up compared to each other?
Aug 24, 2021 11:22 AM
Jul 2017
tensura1704 said:
Well, as I expected there's no info about Walpurgis...

But we got some good action today.

Let me be honest, I think the manga did well than the anime part. I'm not complaining that the episode is bad, but it could be better..

Just my opinion

I agree, the manga kind of felt like it was able to really emphasise the difference in power levels more than the anime. I liked in the manga how in one page, Charybdis goes from growing into this monster of death, to the next page where Benimaru cuts it down in a single swing
Aug 24, 2021 11:31 AM
Jul 2021
G_Spark233 said:
Just when I started thinking Albis was op, Benimaru showed up and proved that he is way more op.

Clowns are tougher than I expected. Didn't seem like Geld and Phobio were that much of a challenge to them. Although I doubt they would stand a chance against Benimaru.
yhhh
I didn’t expect that also
But damnnn
Benimaru is the GOAT of this episode
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken 2nd Season Part 2 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 10, 2021

188 by Failure_No1 »»
Yesterday, 12:57 AM

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken 2nd Season Part 2 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 6, 2021

167 by prasos »»
Apr 21, 11:59 AM

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken 2nd Season Part 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 21, 2021

248 by Shocked »»
Apr 21, 9:49 AM

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken 2nd Season Part 2 Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 20, 2021

141 by Shocked »»
Apr 21, 12:38 AM

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken 2nd Season Part 2 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 14, 2021

251 by GavrocheN7 »»
Apr 20, 8:33 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.