Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Aug 30, 2015 9:33 AM

Dec 2013
That pathetic, stalking bitch is getting crazier by the episode. I pity her more than anything.
FragOutFire said:

Why am I a Berserk fan? All I ever experience is pain.

We are in the eclipse and Miura has sacrificed us
Sep 23, 2015 2:11 PM
Sep 2015
With each appearance I dislike Eva more and more...
Oct 14, 2015 10:50 AM
Feb 2015
hmmm.. She saw Johan and Johan saw her. He didn't kill her then so why does she need to die now?
I guess she aint dead though cause she was in the next episode scene.
Dec 28, 2015 1:22 PM

May 2015
oh sh*t the episodes keep getting better! I dont really hate Eva. More feel sorry for her. I really dislike Robert though.

When Eva saw Johan, awesome soundtrack moment!!!!

I wanna learn everything about Johan.
Jan 2, 2016 4:13 AM

May 2014
I get why ppl feel sad for Eva, but she's still disgusting. I can't wait until Johan makes an appearance
Feb 28, 2016 6:11 AM
May 2015
Oh my god. She is such an annoying bitch!! She could have proved him innocebt had she told the police she saw Johan. Isn't she supposed to love him? Or atleast obssessively want him? Wouldn't it have been, or atleast so she should have thought being unaware of the underlying story and drama between gohan and tenma, easier for her to have been with him if he hadn't been a murder suspect??
Mar 12, 2016 11:29 AM

Jun 2011
The first 19 minutes was the longest I've felt watching Monster, character development or not, it was so boring. Time and time we've seen Eva descent further, but really, do we need that many episodes? Yes, she drinks a lot; yes, she fucks around a lot; yes, she is obsessed with Tenma. Yes, we get it already. -.-

At this point, honestly, aside from Tenma's journey, I couldn't care less about anyone else, including Anna's. If only it was better written.. if only..
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
May 28, 2016 10:22 AM

Feb 2013
She isn't very lucky with men, she found a killer.
I wonder why didn't Johan kill her because I think he saw her.
Sep 15, 2016 5:01 PM

Dec 2012
Eva was disgusting with the mole comment.
Jan 18, 2017 12:52 PM

Mar 2008
dammit.. he didn't even kill her :/
Jan 27, 2017 7:26 AM

Jun 2009
ToG25thBaam said:
If only it was better written.. if only..

Just fucking lol at this.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Apr 7, 2017 1:38 PM

Jan 2017
obviously people hate eva, and i dont like her either, but i think shes a very tragic, and interesting character, and the scenes that we see from her pov have a purpose to this story.this is clearly a mature anime, and i am enjoying it so much, seeing the flaws and pov of different characters.

idk if anyone will see this comment, this is my first time watching, and so far my fave character is anna
Jun 13, 2017 12:22 PM

May 2015
I don’t think that dirty mop after the Eva scene picking up a used cigarette from the floor (filth & disease), considering prostitution & taking a sip of whisky from a bottle that a vagabond was drinking (murky & disease) is a coincidence for how down and dirty she has become because of her obsession with Tenma…

I find Eva being played like a fiddle the biggest Irony considering she toyed with so many men in her life…

Talk about to killing her own flag. So, Eva knows that Johan exist but withdrew that information (by the way that information would make her loved one(?) innocent by default she was/is a major witness) from Lunge so practically she is using him… It is so depressing seeing a person self-destruct in the course of a show but it makes from an interesting story, will she redeem herself of will she keep going the same path… time will only tell.
Roy_FockerJun 13, 2017 10:27 PM
Jun 17, 2017 6:10 AM

Oct 2012
Aaaannnddd it's Balalaika Eva episode :(

Eva is so creepy
She's like old-style Yandere

I guess they're trying to make us to feel bad for Eva
But I can't :P
"Signature removed"
Aug 24, 2017 1:46 PM
Aug 2016
What's with all this sexist losers throwing the word "bitch" and "slut" every chance they got? lol
Mar 2, 2018 12:20 PM

Sep 2017
It's funny how most people like Runge while I find him highly irritating and everyone dislike Eva while I sympathize for her and actually like her.

I always feel so distant from these discussions on episodes... I feel like people don't get the purpose and meaning the writer is trying to make when choosing to develop some characters in a show.
It's just sad people just wish death for the characters that have a point in the writer's mind just because they bother them. I find Runge dumb but I know he has a place to the show even tho I wonder what the fck it is, but I'm far from wishing his death...
Mar 2, 2018 12:24 PM

Sep 2017
Those who keep calling Eva a bitch are just so fcking immature I can't *facepalm* 😑😧😩
Mar 5, 2018 3:53 PM

Mar 2014
Eva has become really pitiful. She has been sinking in a bottomless pit and I hate how malicious and manipulative she can be. However I admit that whenever she takes such sad expressions while looking at Tenma I feel sorry for her.
I think there's still hope for her to change her life for the better but we'll see.
DanaeMar 5, 2018 3:57 PM
Apr 11, 2018 6:43 PM

Sep 2017
I hope Johan or Roberto kill Eva. She is such a bitch. She not only broke up a date, but also made Tenma a fugitive of a crime. I hope she dies soon.

Having sex with the man who wanted to kill her the previous night is a new level of slut. Eva is the worst slut of all time.

I can't see how people actually pity her. She was a spoiled brat from the very beginning and does nothing to change it. Just because her situation changed doesn't mean she changed nor my perception of her.

There was a point at which I thought Eva would even sleep with the homeless guy.

And to all those defending Eva, who

• Was a gold digger when she was with Tenma,
  • Lied to the police and blackmailed Tenma about telling he was the culprit,
  • Even knew the truth, but never said it to the police, about her dad's true murderer.
  • Slept and married and divorced just for money and sex(and booze of course).
  • Broke off Tenma's chances at a normal life with the restaurant girl by telling her about her sexual exploits.
  • Was the sole reason why she lost her own house and life.
  • Had no redeeming qualities. Also keeps sleeping around but wants Tenma.

I mean, you are just defending her because she is in 'love' with Tenma.(I call it lust, but whatever). That's a weak argument. After all, after being with a honorable man like Tenma, and losing the chance at marrying him, will definitely make her obsessed with him. That's obvious. If the genders were swapped, there would have been a hate war over male Eva for stalking female Tenma. Just because she is a woman doesn't excuse Eva.

This is why I like Kazuma.

The only difference between Johan and Eva is that one is a cold blooded killer and the other is a cold hearted slut. And I am not just throwing around these terms. Look up Webster's dictionary and find the word that says an unclean or slovenly woman. If you still ship Eva and Tenma, you might as well ship Johan and Tenma. Because both of them committed criminal acts and are just immoral people at their base.

I don't know how Eva got those photos. It would probably be explained in the next episode anyhow.

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

Dec 15, 2018 10:40 PM

Jan 2017
al green - let’s stay together
such a good song. always reminds me of pulp fiction.
i feel pity for eva.
Dec 28, 2018 5:19 PM

Nov 2016
Drinking from the same bottle as a homeless person, ugh.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Feb 17, 2019 4:29 PM
Apr 2016
I kinda feel bad for Eva, ngl... I got goosebumps at the Johan scene, Johan gives off a real presence...
May 18, 2019 8:30 AM
Apr 2018
I pity Eva so much. I don't like her but seeing her reaching new lows is something I don't wish to anyone. Still disgusting, Tenma is better off without her.

Why are the pictures so important tho?
Aug 27, 2019 4:09 AM

Oct 2013
hellodarknesss said:
It's funny how most people like Runge while I find him highly irritating and everyone dislike Eva while I sympathize for her and actually like her.

I always feel so distant from these discussions on episodes... I feel like people don't get the purpose and meaning the writer is trying to make when choosing to develop some characters in a show.
It's just sad people just wish death for the characters that have a point in the writer's mind just because they bother them. I find Runge dumb but I know he has a place to the show even tho I wonder what the fck it is, but I'm far from wishing his death...

The last episode really grew an appreciation for Lunge in me, but I feel you. Eva is not a good person, but she's a well-written character and I dig what she contributes to the show. She's more multi-dimensional than people are giving her credit for, you just have to peel off some of the "bitch" to see it.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Oct 6, 2019 9:51 AM
Aug 2017
Great episode so fucking realistic how this show is, Roberto is fucking evil but damn anyone can fall for his charms.
Oct 27, 2019 7:38 AM

Dec 2018
Becker should just take Eva with him.

So Johan shot 3 times, lol what a monster. I thought it was meant as a replay.

I'm not quite familiar with the dere-dere terms, but I think Eva is a yandere.
He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
Nov 13, 2019 10:41 AM
Jul 2018
Eva :(

I don't want her to die! I kinda like her after this episode.. poor lady

BUT BUT BUT, Johan and Eva looked at each other! Is that it? He let Eva go? I'm very very very curious to know what happened when they both saw each other.. I felt pity for her when she got all concerned when Tenma ran for Junkers at the construction site, and didn't run away despite hearing gunshots. She's a sad person. the way she is sad longing for Tenma when she's all alone.

Let's see what stops Roberto from shooting at her, or what averts it.. I don't think she will die.

Another great episode..

Jun 7, 2020 5:25 PM

Nov 2017
*Mariah Carey voice* And I was like, why are you so obsessed with me?

Eva is a complicated character. I can completely understand if someone feels she's just getting her just deserts, but I do feel sorry for her after this episode. So she's been tailing Dr. Tenma for quite some time after their break up. Because of that, she was able to see Johan's face!

In the present time, she's still getting into trouble and getting shitfaced wasted on her free time.

Hm, that Roberto guy is pretty bitch made for hitting a woman for no reason
Dec 13, 2020 9:21 AM

Apr 2020
So she saw Yohan but still accused Kenzo

I hope she dies slowly.
Jan 9, 2021 10:08 AM

May 2010
I love Eva more and more as a character as she keeps appearing lmao. She is chaotic and I live for it. I am ready for redemption arc! Hopefully.
Jan 9, 2021 10:54 PM

Aug 2018
Yatsura said:
I love Eva more and more as a character as she keeps appearing lmao. She is chaotic and I live for it. I am ready for redemption arc! Hopefully.

Keep watching and your wish might be granted :)
Feb 18, 2021 11:12 PM

Jun 2020
I still don't like Eva
But I do like how Johan is being built up. We still haven't seen his full face since he became an adult, so it'll probably be a big moment when we do
Mar 14, 2021 8:35 PM

Jan 2016
Bruh that scene with her standing in the rain while he was staring out the window for whatever reason sent me. Also I knew Roberto would show up.
Mar 28, 2021 10:08 AM
Mar 2021
I don't think Eva is an evil person, she is just very sad and lonely. I think that she is doing everything she can to try to get back to her old life, which is why she is going after Tenma and she realized that he was the only person who didn't use her for her body or money.
Jun 17, 2021 9:59 PM

Jan 2020
I still hate eva and I dislike the screentime she's getting. Not my favorite episode but it looks like it's needed so I can't complain much. Plus, that johan moment made up for it

Jun 17, 2021 11:05 PM

Jul 2020
the pig is back again. can't believe she took the whole episode, guess it is still important though hope that dude pull the trigger
daedalus11Jun 17, 2021 11:10 PM
Jun 30, 2021 9:25 AM

Jan 2021
I actually feel kinda bad for Eva…?!
Jul 13, 2021 9:51 PM
Dec 2018
I have zero sympathy for Eva. She's a terrible person and has been since her introduction. Nothing has actually changed except her circumstances. She deserves everything that is happening to her, not just cause "karma", but because most of it is directly resultant of her own actions. Also calling her a "bitch" isn't really sexist. You could say it's the female equivalent to asshole or "dick" when used in this fashion...which is pretty accurate to her character portrayal..ole dude that hit her is an asshole to but his arc has already played out...a few episodes ago he killed an innocent man, and threatened the life a woman and child for some incriminating evidence...then proceeded to order the execution of another young woman...it's not entirely surprising that is he'd slap a woman now 😂 especially Eva.

Sidenote. I also dislike people like Lunge with his obsessive personality. He might be a "good character" by definition, but everytime he's on screen it just irritates me. He's a plot driver.
Sep 8, 2021 3:06 AM

Mar 2021
yes diiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiie eva
Oct 12, 2021 11:00 AM

Jul 2015
I honestly feel bad for how sad and pathethic Eva's life turned out with it literally having hit rockbottom especially with Roberto possibly killing her because she has seen Johan.

Nov 28, 2021 9:27 AM
Nov 2020
Eva is a really cool character. I didn’t expect her of all characters to have so much development. Hopefully she doesn’t die too soon.
Dec 6, 2021 12:20 AM

Aug 2020
It was weird when I saw Eva stay in a low-class hotel, and then I realized she had burned down her mansion, lol.

I kinda feel bad for Eva, but I kinda don't. I think it would be too early on the series for her to die.

DO NOT Cʟɪᴄᴋ Tʜᴇ Lɪɴᴋ Bᴇʟᴏᴡ:
👉 ʜᴛᴘs://ᴍʏᴀɴɪᴍᴇʟɪsᴛ.ɴᴇᴛ/ᴅᴏ-ɴᴏᴛ-ᴄʟɪᴄᴋ-ᴛʜɪᴤ-ʟɪɴᴋ 👈

Dec 17, 2021 3:00 PM

Jul 2016
Eva-focused episode but I found it kinda weak in comparison with the others. By the way, I'm honestly surprised she hasn't died yet given the lifestyle she's been having.
Mar 10, 2022 3:03 PM

Jun 2020
what does eva want to accomplish by hunting down tenma anyway... i guess she is so painfully ignorant of how despicable she is that she actually believes she can win him back
Apr 10, 2022 12:57 AM

Feb 2012
ToG25thBaam said:
The first 19 minutes was the longest I've felt watching Monster, character development or not, it was so boring. Time and time we've seen Eva descent further, but really, do we need that many episodes? Yes, she drinks a lot; yes, she fucks around a lot; yes, she is obsessed with Tenma. Yes, we get it already. -.-

At this point, honestly, aside from Tenma's journey, I couldn't care less about anyone else, including Anna's. If only it was better written.. if only..

If only you had a broader mind, if only. Lels!
Apr 10, 2022 10:33 AM

Jun 2011
susisa_tagumpay said:
ToG25thBaam said:

If only you had a broader mind, if only. Lels!
I mean, if only you had a broader mind to accept another person's opinion, but who am I to call people out?
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
May 9, 2022 8:10 AM

Feb 2021
The story thinks of pretty questionable ways of tying side characters into the "mystery" that's going on. Eva just happened to follow Tenma to find Johan?
Aug 27, 2022 7:01 PM
Dec 2021
goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood
Dec 10, 2022 4:43 PM

Jul 2021
This would be rather sad, if it wasn't entirely her fault.
Well, the death of her father wasn't, but everything else before and after...
Jan 10, 2023 8:35 AM
May 2020
so Eva knew the WHOLE truth and still became a bitch by giving false info... WHY WHY WWWWWHHHHHYYYYYY
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Monster Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Kayro - Apr 5, 2008

114 by egeD19 »»
Yesterday, 10:03 AM

Poll: » Monster Episode 74 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

babykeiji - Apr 23, 2008

623 by Animequeen_xx »»
Apr 13, 5:54 PM

Poll: » Monster Episode 43 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Kayro - Apr 11, 2008

134 by Ajanokoyna »»
Apr 13, 7:25 AM

Poll: » Monster Episode 55 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kayro - Apr 15, 2008

70 by Dekuforce5 »»
Apr 13, 3:15 AM

Poll: » Monster Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Kayro - Apr 4, 2008

106 by wallus81 »»
Apr 8, 10:22 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.