Forum Settings
Forums
New
Aug 20, 2021 9:12 AM
Jan 2021
When I tried reading manga first time it started making me sleep, just because they are black and white i find them boring. I tried weebtoons/manhua and I was fine with them even one with subpar plot.
tbh I feel it's very odd reason but i can't be the only one.
It is shocking to find how many people do not believe they can learn, and how many more believe learning to be difficult.
Dune
Aug 20, 2021 9:53 AM
Aug 2021
I really feel sorry for you, honestly. I'm not gonna insult you or whatever, but you really miss so many masterpiece. But you maybe just not used to read manga, i mean in my generation many manga reader's start from visiting book store, read one piece alone or with friends and talk about it in weekend like an idiot. Really miss that momment bro, after practice taekwondo me and my friends used to be visiting bookstore and just to find some good manga.

I know this is modern era, but i refuse to read manga online, because it doesn't feel same. Nowdays i order manga online, thanks to covid. Maybe your case just like me, can't read online. If you really want give a try just buy a manga book. My first manga was Yu-Gi-OH!. But i really got into manga when i starting read Bloody Monday. Its cheap like 2 dollars i think. If you really have somr interest into manga, bloody monday is a good start i think.
Aug 20, 2021 9:58 AM

Jul 2020
Everyone has different interests. You don't need to force yourself to like something you don't like. And your reason to not like Manga is a genuine one. No need to worry.

Scordolo's Recent Reviews
To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Aug 20, 2021 12:46 PM

Oct 2020
Maybe try reading a manga with a coloured version? Like JJBA.

"FALL OFF YOUR HORSE!" - Gyro Zeppeli
Aug 23, 2021 1:29 AM

Aug 2020
I can't relate to this personally but maybe try listening to music while you read that may help

γ€Œ 𝕂𝕖π•ͺ π•₯𝕙𝕒π•₯ π•™π•šπ••π•–π•€ π•₯𝕙𝕖 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕔𝕖𝕀 𝕠𝕗 π••π•’π•£π•œπ•Ÿπ•–π•€π•€, 𝕀𝕙𝕠𝕨 π•žπ•– π•ͺ𝕠𝕦𝕣 π•₯𝕣𝕦𝕖 π•—π• π•£π•ž 」

Aug 23, 2021 5:59 AM

Nov 2018
Sorry, you're the only one here who is weird one.
"When they're alive, you can enjoy watching them struggle. When they're dead, you can enjoy tearing out their guts. Tales are things you get to enjoy twice."
Aug 23, 2021 11:40 AM

Aug 2021
I cannot relate personally. But if it's not your thing there is no shame in that. Just watch anime if that's what you prefer.

Aug 23, 2021 1:50 PM

Aug 2021
Try reading colored version then it may help
Aug 28, 2021 9:49 PM
Dec 2019
Get used to it. Tbh it's more fun reading manga than watching anime
Aug 30, 2021 10:14 AM
Mar 2019
maybe you just didnt find the right manga yet.
Find something that is interesting to you
Aug 30, 2021 10:26 AM

Jan 2021
There’s nothing wrong with that.
And just like Scordolo said.
We all have different interests and there’s nothing wrong with that.
And you don’t need to force yourself to like something.
Aug 30, 2021 8:17 PM

Jul 2020
Well i guess ur better off with watching anime but if u do wanna read manga then try to get into it and observe all the details and try to predict what will come next maybe that'll make it less boring
Aug 30, 2021 10:24 PM

Jan 2021
If you think that black and white panels just looks dull, If you think that reading right to left feels weird, If you think that coloured manga or Manhua/hwa/webtoons look better, If you think you dont like mangas cause of the artstyle, cause there is no sound, cause the panels are hard to flow, cause you dont understand whats going on, or just find it boring, Then dont WORRY.
This is a common for beginners when it comes to reading manga and the above situation have been faced by many including some of my friends and me, But after reading 20-30 mangas you will definitely get used to it.
Once you have understanding of all the different artstyles, you will start to enjoy manga. Maybe you feel some manga or their artstyle are more suited to you then the other, or maybe you will feel like a certain genre suits your taste. When that time comes , you will definitely start to appreciate manga and enjoy it.
I would recommend start by reading a few romcom along with one or two shounen/seinen so you have an idea of both the artstyles.
If you enjoyed the time you wasted, then its not a waste of time.

Aug 31, 2021 9:32 AM

Nov 2018
it's the opposite for me, the colors & gradient on webtoon mostly hurt my eyes. if you still want to try to get into manga maybe you could try to read something with good artwork with not too much dialogue. or read something that you've watched just to make your eyes get used to it
Aug 31, 2021 9:55 AM

Feb 2020
That's how I was at first. I tried reading manga a few years ago and it bored me out of my mind, but more recently when I was starved for good anime to watch I tried jumping into manga again and really enjoyed it. So it could just be a matter of finding the right timing to get into it.

Please use dark mode, everything looks better. the End of the dragon sphere
Speak not the Watchers‚ Draw not the Watchers‚ Speak of me. Paint my likeness.
Write not the Watchers‚ Sculpt not the Watchers‚ Write about me. Carve me into stone.
Sing not the Watchers‚ Call not the Watchers' name. Sing of me. Call for me.
Please. Please realize...that I am here.
Hello, friend.
Sep 1, 2021 1:40 AM
Ooga Booga

Jul 2020
Well, manga is not for everyone, thats fine unless you really wanna know the content.
β™‘

smoochie smoochie

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The 'Help Identifying This Manga/Character' Thread v3 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Mar 19, 2022

1054 by Francis_0 »»
7 hours ago

» 8 Manga to Get to Know You

spaceslut - Mar 12, 2023

37 by PlasticRobot »»
Yesterday, 3:47 PM

» Do you guys read manga online or physically? ( 1 2 )

LemonXChio - Oct 27, 2023

66 by Oofmastre9000 »»
Yesterday, 1:50 PM

» Have an amazing art in manga but not in anime

kirA_-_ - Apr 15

8 by YeeYeeAss »»
Yesterday, 1:33 PM

Sticky: » 2024 Manga Reading Challenge - Sign Up ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MRC_mod - Jan 18

376 by HapHazrD »»
Yesterday, 4:50 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.