Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Aug 22, 2021 10:00 AM
Mar 2018
I almost missed this little gem, but it's quickly become my AOTS, and probably one of my top 20 ever. So clever and self-aware in all the right ways - great respect for us viewers that don't need all the boilerplate and are here just to enjoy something fresh and exciting.

Miku is a great character, really pushes the potential of the horny demon-girl stereotype. Normally I'd have a nit with having her appear smart by guessing plot points - truly the laziest kind of smart-writing - but she's actually portrayed as perceptive, so slow-clap, writer, you get a pass.

I really enjoy how most characters have a pretty distinct personality and some depth to them (which is impressive considering how much action and plot progression we're getting). And how most don't take things at face value and are actually actively questioning their reality. This is pretty rare to see, and goes against the well established formulas in fantasy. In fact, a lot about this anime is really unconventional, and that's a wild risk to take. My hat off to the involved. Bravo.
Aug 22, 2021 10:10 AM

Mar 2010
This anime is just brilliant esp that horny demon after post climax clarity ROFL

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Aug 22, 2021 11:56 AM
Nov 2007
This show is the best one for me this season. I honestly love all characters, but my favorite is Islev, this is one nerd you don't want to fuck with.
Aug 23, 2021 1:09 AM

Jun 2019
Did they really censor squished cockroaches?

I would be interested to know if anyone could put a hard date on when Japanese television censorship became this over the top and extreme, because it's a worrying and annoying trend I'm noticing more and more of recently (especially as I've increased my watching of seasonals and recently aired series).

I feel like it was never this extreme until recently, but I have no way of knowing if the version I've watched of other, older series was just the unedited/uncensored version from VHS, DVD, or Blu-Ray uploaded online. I could understand things like the worst, most gratuitous parts of Berserk and Elfen Lied being edited in part on a live TV airing, but things like this? I still feel like and get this sense that there wasn't this militant censorship even on TV for anime in the 90s and 2000s and even earlier years of 2010s.
WatchTillTandavaAug 23, 2021 1:14 AM
Aug 24, 2021 3:26 PM

Dec 2017
TheKingOfLolis said:
Nycro said:
Is it just me or is the cast extremely unlikeable aside from 2 or 3?

Given that they are all inhuman and very indifferent to human morals, they can feel a bit off putting. But that also feels kind of like the main point. If they felt more likeable, you may losing that feeling of them being literal demons/gods

I like the demons more than the heroes tbh
Aug 31, 2021 11:39 AM

Nov 2016
Post climax clarity is something everyone should utilize to their advantage.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 16, 2021 10:57 AM

Apr 2015
Dunno if he gets further development but Hayato is getting really dull to me.
Sep 21, 2021 6:29 AM

Oct 2017
So the demons are most likely long dead eh and we even got to know about the identity of the demon lord.

Gd to see Hayato's actually pretty strong already, he might even surpass Rin someday who knows.

Miku's a woman of culture and pleasure. She straight up went to masterb**te using her toys and that post climax scene was hilarious.

Uwaa here comes the fanatic group or so I'd thought but lol Ysley has everything under control.

Thou the most important part of this episode was proly the queen acting like a mother. Reminds of the events from Parasyte.
Sep 27, 2021 6:13 AM
Nov 2019
Miku scenes were my favourite 😂.. "No horny"
Oct 10, 2021 6:50 AM

Jul 2015
Miku is quite the cultured demon herself with her jojo reference licking the ball.

Glad that Hayato has Prontea and Ysley as I'm sure Rin with her torture training would never have been able to teach him to pack more weight in his punches as she likely wouldn't know.

Jan 9, 2022 11:58 AM
Nov 2020
It's getting harder and harder not to root for the demons to some degree seeing as how they're more human, they're evil and sadistic, sure, but at least that's something human I can somewhat relate to. The idaten are seemingly a kind of empty sociopath, that's even more terrifying.
Nov 10, 2022 8:41 AM
Nov 2022
This is the best anime
Jul 24, 2023 3:47 PM

Mar 2013
anizawa89 said:
TheKingOfLolis said:

Given that they are all inhuman and very indifferent to human morals, they can feel a bit off putting. But that also feels kind of like the main point. If they felt more likeable, you may losing that feeling of them being literal demons/gods

They have more personality, probably because of the fact they're part human. The Itaden are gods and therefore have no concept of morals or pride/shame like humans, and see themselves as simply being there to make sure the demons don't destroy everything. Pure demons are driven only by destruction and lack even basic intelligence.
Slice of Life Anime about the everyday life of a German Philosopher: Nietzschijou.
Jul 24, 2023 5:05 PM

Dec 2017
Riotstarter said:
anizawa89 said:

They have more personality, probably because of the fact they're part human. The Itaden are gods and therefore have no concept of morals or pride/shame like humans, and see themselves as simply being there to make sure the demons don't destroy everything. Pure demons are driven only by destruction and lack even basic intelligence.

In the end this show was kind of a waste of time. It's all style, no substance. Not to mention it'll likely never get renewed for a season 2.
Jul 24, 2023 7:54 PM

Mar 2013
anizawa89 said:
Riotstarter said:

In the end this show was kind of a waste of time. It's all style, no substance. Not to mention it'll likely never get renewed for a season 2.
I might check out the manga now that's resumed (a new volume dropped in Japan in February) to see how it goes.
Slice of Life Anime about the everyday life of a German Philosopher: Nietzschijou.
Aug 5, 2023 11:38 PM
Dec 2022
really good action sequence
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Heion Sedai no Idaten-tachi Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Sep 20, 2021

68 by zerodths »»
Apr 6, 11:44 AM

Poll: » Heion Sedai no Idaten-tachi Episode 7 Discussion

KANLen09 - Aug 26, 2021

44 by zerodths »»
Apr 6, 10:06 AM

Poll: » Heion Sedai no Idaten-tachi Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Aug 12, 2021

79 by zerodths »»
Apr 5, 4:49 PM

Poll: » Heion Sedai no Idaten-tachi Episode 4 Discussion

KANLen09 - Aug 5, 2021

48 by zerodths »»
Apr 5, 4:27 PM

Poll: » Heion Sedai no Idaten-tachi Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Jul 29, 2021

74 by zerodths »»
Apr 5, 4:06 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.