Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Aug 19, 2021 8:35 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Yeah summer break will not be a summer break without a beach part. However, this is still a beautiful episode, without much depiction and did the less focus on the usual fan service trope at the beach, except for Fuuka case. She is the mascot of beauty and elegancy, so for sure everything around her must ended up at a different note than the others. Yup, the swimsuit is so fuckin perfect for her nice body, ngl. The kids also give a fun nuance to their vacation. That's good, they were having lotta fun!

Story wise building up some good moments and straight development. Kuuya got a nice little additional background story, and its really good to know more about him and his trueself. Different but hold some same meaning with Kukuru's case with the aquarium matters. Plus her little thought about sister. Can they hold up their ground when everything turned out to be fail in the end? Well, let everything slide in right to your great sister, Fuuka-chan. But, take it slow, 3 weeks still awaiting you all....
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Aug 19, 2021 9:02 PM
Apr 2021
Kuuya's backstory makes him probably the most interesting of the main cast in retrospect. Kukuru is so bland and single minded about the aquarium she's basically on the level of a shounen protagonist. Kai could be good if there was more drama between him and kukuru
Fuuka started off interesting but she's pretty much been a blank slate for most of the story. When you leave a quiet character without any challenges to face in the story their character development dies out completely. Other more vibrant characters can still work off interaction alone, but Fuuka barely interacts with the other characters, and when she does it just really feels empty
Udon and the other female supporting cast are all pretty much generic cliches. There's nothing really to them aside from the fact that they're all kinda bored of the small town lifestyle.
so then returning to Kuuya, he always felt distinct from all the other characters, but he just didn't have any development to make him interesting. Now with this backstory he's very much a relatable and distinct - two important traits for making a good character. However they will need to continually develop him from here on out for it to work.
Aug 19, 2021 11:06 PM

Apr 2012
Tigerle said:
Kai and Fuuka are now officially shipped by Maho :D
And Fuuka is called to be like a sister for Kukuru by Karin.
I believe, that this is intentional. A further hint, that both could be real sisters.

And again we see, that Kukuru and Kuuya are really similar. Even if Kukuru acts more open to fight for the aquarium, Kuuya is not less dedicated. both are not willing to have a break in fear, that the aquarium could be closed. Again I say, that they will find together.

I really like this episode. Both childs are great and I really like the tension of them between Kai or Kuuya. It is just great!
And a beach episode in an anime, where sands is even in the name... It is suprisingly (in a good way), that we didn't had more bikini scenes until now!

Huh, I love how the yuri shippers reacted to this. I feel like if this trend continues, then this show will really get some Eupho-level denial.
Aug 20, 2021 1:43 AM

Jan 2021
Ah, this episode is quite emotional.

At first I was a bit like... when Kukuru said it was as if there was no day off because the current situation is urgent and I agreed with Kuuya who felt too tired and need a day off, but I know and understand that both Kukuru and Kuuya are very worried and afraid Gama Gama Aquarium will be completely closed.

Kukuru and Udon-chan's conversation about the joys of having a sibling/sister.. it's nice to see Kukuru like having an older sister when she's with Fuuka.

Kuuya's past was also very sad, now we finally know why he acts like that. I liked him since the first time he appeared.

Didn't know beach episode can be this emotional. But at least we got Fuuka in swimsuit. She is so pretty, no wonder she is an (ex) idol.

Aug 20, 2021 4:13 AM
Dec 2018
Yuri and Yaoi Bait.

. .
My Candies:

Aug 20, 2021 5:08 AM

Jun 2020
I actually like Kuuya since his first appeared, now I understand why he can't stand girls, that was really sad and I hope they can explain it more.

Man swimsuit Fuuka is nice but the sea scenery is so beautiful it makes me want to go to beach again.
Aug 20, 2021 5:16 AM

Oct 2007
lol. Kukuru does not like the loli.

that kid runs fast. He caused Kuuya to run seriously in their game.

Fuuka in a bit of awkward situation, she's the only one with a swimsuit in their group. Thankfully, tourists also wearing swimsuit, so things worked out fine.

looking forward to next week!
Aug 20, 2021 5:17 AM

Oct 2016
Probably the most bittersweet beach episode I've ever seen. Another really great episode! I feel ya Kai, definitely don't think Kukuru can handle Gama Gama closing, I am not ready for the feels once that happens, cause the way things are going, Kukuru's gramps is sure about closing it down.

At least we also got some moments of fun this episode, Fuuka looks great in her swimsuit. Maho and that green haired kid was also really entertaining. Kuuya definitely don't hold back, fuck them kids.

That explains Kuuya's behavior all this time, pretty sad about what happened to him in high school, some people really just fucking sucks. Well, dodged a bullet there, wouldn't wanna date someone like that.

Fuuka definitely having that mature older sister vibes this episode. Also, this is one of the most adorable pouts ever.

Must protecc Kukuru, and must protecc aquarium. Really looking forward to the next episode.
Aug 20, 2021 5:42 AM

Dec 2020
What. WWWWWHAT? we're going with the "shes like a sister to me🥺💓" path? we could've had sapphics here but no ig💔

didnt expect kuuya's past to be like that. a bit dramatic and "anime"-y but im glad his "i cant stand girls" persona isnt just because of something shallow
Aug 20, 2021 5:46 AM

Apr 2012
lizzziziz said:
What. WWWWWHAT? we're going with the "shes like a sister to me🥺💓" path? we could've had sapphics here but no ig💔

didnt expect kuuya's past to be like that. a bit dramatic and "anime"-y but im glad his "i cant stand girls" persona isnt just because of something shallow

That is why I ask folks to closely follow the development of the plot and its context, and not to make things too personal, shouting "they hugged each other, absolute lesbians!"
Aug 20, 2021 6:13 AM

Jul 2014
Annoying child characters are annoying as expected.

That aside, an oddly-bittersweet beach episode in which Kukuru receives yet more reminders about what she could have had and what she missed out on. Nice to get a more in-depth look at Kuuya, but it felt like we sat through a lot of inanity with the kids to get there. Kuuya's childish side was a fun extra layer for his character beyond his usual grumpiness as well.

That said, I'd have preferred the show to actually show us his backstory rather than simply exposit it to us, as it's honestly just kinda flat as presented with dim lighting, no animation and almost as little emotion in the line delivery. It's not as if the show is pressed for time so as to be unable to show it to us, after all, and like this it just feels like the show wanted to get Kuuya out of the way as quickly as possible.
Aug 20, 2021 6:17 AM

Apr 2012
Atavistic said:
That said, I'd have preferred the show to actually show us his backstory rather than simply exposit it to us, as it's honestly just kinda flat as presented with dim lighting, no animation and almost as little emotion in the line delivery. It's not as if the show is pressed for time so as to be unable to show it to us, after all, and like this it just feels like the show wanted to get Kuuya out of the way as quickly as possible.

It is possible that this is only the beginning of his subplot and in the future we will have further development of this and some twists (?). But this is just my speculation at the moment.
Aug 20, 2021 7:06 AM

Dec 2020
RobertBobert said:
lizzziziz said:

That is why I ask folks to closely follow the development of the plot and its context, and not to make things too personal, shouting "they hugged each other, absolute lesbians!"
i was just saying it in a light hearted/joking manner idrc if they're lesbians or not lmao, just thought it'd be nice because their relationship doesn't really have a "chase" where each other makes the other like them back and id like to see more of those

@RobertBobert ahh aight aight thats chill, hope the people you're referring to will get what you say someday
lizzzizizAug 20, 2021 5:25 PM
Aug 20, 2021 7:22 AM

Apr 2021
BlichoBoy said:
Let me throw a wild guess: In a couple episode the girl who bullied Kuuya, will appear and begin a anti-Gama Gama campaign. Or at least say to next Kuuya job that he sexually assaulted her.

My guess: she visits the aquarium on a trip home from abroad, runs into Kuuya, ends up all remorseful, we get a moral lesson, and she is also the CEO off a successful company and ends up helping the aquarium.
Aug 20, 2021 8:37 AM
Oct 2020
Kuuya X karin seems not bad LMAO
Aug 20, 2021 8:51 AM

Apr 2012
lizzziziz said:
RobertBobert said:

i was just saying it in a light hearted/joking manner idrc if they're lesbians or not lmao, just thought it'd be nice because their relationship doesn't really have a "chase" where each other makes the other like them back and id like to see more of those

I'm not talking about you (I don't see anything wrong with shipping unless it gets too personal), and moreover, personally I think that the show still has at least a partial opportunity for the yuri route. I'm talking about people who were looking for literally the slightest opportunity to prove to me that their relationship has no heterosexual explanation.
Aug 20, 2021 3:08 PM

Mar 2021
Well, we know now why Kuuya is indifferent to women. But this is opposite when he talks about Gama Gama; he definitely doesn't want it to close. Much more with Kukuru who's doing her best to stop Gama Gama from closing.
Aug 20, 2021 3:19 PM

Sep 2020
Well, its one of those episodes when you simply chill cause nothing much interesting happens. Though its great to know some info bout Kuuya-san's past.
it’s never too late for life ... to go horribly wrong. . . afff~
Aug 20, 2021 6:38 PM
May 2020
omg looks like a shoujo-ai but at same time looks like fuuka will be just close and supportive friend to kukuru
Aug 21, 2021 2:58 AM

Jun 2020
Poor Kuuya. Everyone is fighting their own battles. I’m glad he found Gama Gama & the director had such an influence on him. He also finally shows his true feelings about Gama Gama closing down.

Another beautiful episode♡

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Aug 21, 2021 4:59 PM

Oct 2008
oh nice everyone day-off from GamaGama!
looks like the love polygon is about to unfold...lolz
5/5.

Aug 21, 2021 8:07 PM

Jan 2019
Beauxite said:
Well, its one of those episodes when you simply chill cause nothing much interesting happens. Though its great to know some info bout Kuuya-san's past.

It's interesting to read, that nothing really important happens, when myself thinks, that this episode is overflown with important background informations and possible hints of things, what will happen.

• Success of first week
  • Jisans position regarding closing of Gama Gama Aquarium and her concerns about Kukuru
  • Kuuya's dedication for the Gama Gama Aquarium
  • Explaining of Kuuya's problem with girls. In fact it was his introduction episode.
  • Recognizing, that Kukuru and Fuuka are sister-like.
  • Fuuka and Kai are shipped.

This show unfolds its story very slowly. And this episode is not slower in this point than most of the others episodes before.
Furthermore we get an understanding, how the cast of this show acts together.
This episode is more subtil than the episodes before, but not less important
Aug 26, 2021 11:46 PM

Feb 2019
Looks like there's some foreshadowing with the talk on siblings.
Sep 5, 2021 6:00 PM

Jul 2012
Beach episode in an Aqua-themed anime is something that I've really expected. Aside from that, this is a really nice episode, and Fuuka looks really nice with her swimsuit. I feel kinda bad for Kuuya though. He can't stand girls because he didn't get treated with respect during high school, and I was actually related to that when I was in my high school days as well. Also, Maho is one annoying girl, and I wouldn't want to be near her. She and Kukuru just do not get along.
"You don't have to believe in yourself, because I believe in you." - Drax the Destroyer
https://dawnhibiki.carrd.co/

Mirishita ID: L3N93SKX
Discord: DawnHibiki #6454
Sep 6, 2021 1:28 AM

Oct 2017
Not really interested in grade school romance so that was whatever. Thou I'm interested in Kuuya's character and I'm glad we got that short backstory of him. Also Fuuka chan looked cute in swimsuit.
Sep 6, 2021 8:28 PM
Mar 2021
From the first time Kuuya said he hates women I know it's because of that because I also hate women. I have been bullied by both men and women but women are more scary because they manipulate people around you to avoid you and spread rumor that's why it can escalate like in Kuuya's case. I hope he can change his perception about women little by little later on and I am interested to know more about him.
Sep 7, 2021 1:30 PM

Jul 2021
This anime keeps delivering the goods. Pretty aesthetic ending, with that purple sea.
Sep 11, 2021 11:13 AM
Aug 2021
Gua ga bisa mikirin apa-apa untuk episode ini, selain sound gitar yang agak ga coco gitu saat mereka dipantai. Mungkin cocoknya lagu retro, ya? Tapi, tidak masalah, theme songnya sudah membataskan musiknya menurut gua sih.

Sampai sini gua baru menyadari kalau kisah ini memaksa semua karakter berjalan pada sisi positif kehidupan, padahal peran utamanya semuanya sedang stress gitu. Umiknya, mereka tenang saja, santuy aja, ceritanya lancar sekali. Apa mingkin kerana latarnya bukan kota? Sosial mereka kaya orang dulu.

Air juga adalah tema yang baik sekali, dimana mereka bisa mendinginkan kepala mereka sejenak, bukan melemaskan diri sendiri. Gua suka nilai anime ini, gua jadi rindu nenek gua.
Sep 19, 2021 1:03 AM

Dec 2016
I was already kinda shipping Fuuka and Kai and now Maho actually made it a ship XD

Kuuya's past is quite darker than I expected. I can see what sort of rumors those shits might have spread...

So, Fuuka is now gonna turn out as Kukuru's long lost sister? That twist will make the story underwhelming, like Fuuka lost her job as an idol and the fate brought her to Kukuru, her long lost sister.
Sep 19, 2021 6:10 PM

Mar 2010
Haha celebrating summer vacation going full doomer.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Oct 4, 2021 6:22 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Fun time at the beach, but on the other hand it's still not good for the future of the aquarium, they need to stop it from being closed, also Kuuya has quite a dark past, that's sad to hear :/
Jan 30, 2022 2:30 AM

Jul 2015
Beach episode! ...although the beach is ~30 seconds away from the aquarium

Poor Kuuya, his highschool life ruined because the girl couldn't handle getting rejected.

May 16, 2022 8:32 AM

Apr 2016
This was a little bit annoying but mostly boring...
Sep 4, 2022 7:22 PM

Jul 2016
Standard beach episode where the girls have fun and the guys are treated like trash for some reason. The tourism girl was particularly annoying during the second half.
Nov 12, 2023 10:16 PM

Nov 2022
The vibes in this ep is something else. Kukuru's worries, her longing of having a sibling, Kuuya's ugly past, Kai's worries and his currently one-sided crush, all blended together with them playing at the beach and Kuuya's small competition with Rui. Speaking of which, Rui's reaction to his defeat made me feels like im watching a shonen manga backstory, they even got Maho as the childhood crush.

The visuals during the sunset scene was amazing.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shiroi Suna no Aquatope Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 16, 2021

138 by basskiller »»
Dec 11, 2023 5:15 PM

Poll: » Shiroi Suna no Aquatope Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 9, 2021

78 by basskiller »»
Dec 10, 2023 6:06 PM

Poll: » Shiroi Suna no Aquatope Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 2, 2021

74 by basskiller »»
Dec 10, 2023 12:00 AM

Poll: » Shiroi Suna no Aquatope Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 25, 2021

85 by basskiller »»
Dec 8, 2023 5:35 PM

Poll: » Shiroi Suna no Aquatope Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 18, 2021

105 by basskiller »»
Dec 5, 2023 1:00 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.