Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 18, 2021 8:28 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oh man, the manga-style comic pages from this episode was gold.

Got a lot of Riko fangirling over Kanna as usual but who can blame her? Speaking of Kanna, it was fun watching her play around like a character of her age. A very lighthearted and fun episode. Kanna is also kinda badass when she wants to be.
Aug 18, 2021 8:28 AM

Jul 2017
Fafnir relying on Lucoa's power?

That's a first...to create manga and publish Doujins, under Takiya's questioning of making his own treasures for himself. So Fafnir plans to create an indecent lewd Doujin with Lucoa has the model character, and the story...is a much darker version of Lucoa and Shouta's relationship painted in manga form. And in the process, don't ever piss Fafnir off no matter his requests and how crude his drawing may be, that's...more than just a drawing LOLS. As expected at the Doujinshi exhibition, Takiya and Lucoa both sold out their portions...and Fafnir's didn't even touch a bit.

Kobayashi woke up late...on her off day. And dragons only sleep on different timings according to the circumstances they're in that's a totally different body clock from humans. Let Kobayashi have her rest though for working so hard...and Tohru is off to the neighbourhood market to buy stuff for dinner again, where she asks Elma the same question about sleep, but the topic quickly changed to boredom instead to adapt more to the human lifestyle. Elma's a cheap lil pig munching on sweets. There comes sleepless nights where Kobayashi drinks some alcohol to sober herself up from her afternoon nap, and quite the conversation between her and Tohru...until she literally overslept. Get some sleep while you can.

It's yet another group project time in school once again with Kanna and Saikawa's group to create a newspaper article, and it's investigating ghosts after school. Hachisuka sure loves to tease the hell out of Saikawa playing romance games with Kanna (DAYUM Saikawa got her imagination off the charts this one, even with a marriage scene). I miss playing soccer with just the school shoe with those metal buckets being goals, and a man fairy comes in? Looks like he got Isekai-ed into the human realm by accident, and the desperation to go back to their world is real, and thankfully with Ilulu's help he manages to get back safely. Much like last episode, everything that Kanna knows will remain a secret to the school kids.

Another sweet episode for calmness. Now I really need the sleep...ZZZ...common sense is different for everyone.
KANLen09Aug 18, 2021 9:54 AM
Aug 18, 2021 8:49 AM

Jun 2019
Faf-Kun asking for Lucoa's help was a surprise to be sure since he never relies on someone else for something. But, this time looks like he needed Lucoa to be the lewd model for his upcoming manga. Those drawing were just *chef's kiss* beautiful. Felt really bad for him when once again, both Lucoa and Takiya outsold him. At least, he's trying different things.

Once again, Kanna and Saikawa getting some more screentime together. Saikawa's imagination as expected has no bounds. LOL. Nothing wrong with that since it's just adorable to see them together and having the time of their lives. Riko is growing up on me more and more with each episode. Another cute episode and wholesome episode.
Aug 18, 2021 9:14 AM

Dec 2017
Only thing I look forward to in life. New dragon maid episode :,)
Aug 18, 2021 9:15 AM

Apr 2016
"Can you ask someone else for help ?"
"Ok"

LMAOOOO

First half was great, Fafnir needs more screentime, such a good straightforward character. And ofc Lucoa's cosplay book sold out, why would you ever thought it would not lol.
Aug 18, 2021 9:24 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
I wanna buy that Lucoa's cosplay magazine xD sleeping is sure a whole strange concept... and lol that muscular fairy
Aug 18, 2021 9:29 AM

Dec 2020
These manga scene with fafnir and lucoa was so nice and cool animated.

Kanna san is so cute overall nice episode.
P O S I T I V E V I B E Sシ

Aug 18, 2021 9:30 AM

Feb 2020
That muscular fairy was hilarious.

Kanna and Saikawa got more screen time again. Saikawa's fantasies and reactions were priceless as usual.

I want to buy Lucoa's cosplay magazine. xD

Kanna <3 Saikawa.

SerafosJan 9, 10:23 AM
Aug 18, 2021 10:00 AM

Apr 2014
I really want to buy Lucoa's photobook. 💸 Where could I buy it??
That muscular fairy. lmao... I thought Kanna will eat him at first. 😂
何それ?意味分かんない
Aug 18, 2021 10:18 AM
Apr 2021
As always perfect!
Aug 18, 2021 10:19 AM

Jul 2011
Would be a excellent move to sell a Huge Melons official merch. Who wouldnt buy?

Middle part was basically a "Just go sleep!" moment, when someone begin to want to have a philosopical conversation at 3 am.

Kuramoto is just a Instagram girl, I hope she don't become a tik toker.

Next episode : Sad Ilulu. That's bad.
Aug 18, 2021 10:36 AM

Jan 2021
Almost Faf, you were right with the idea of bringing in Lucoa, you just missed the procedure...

Heh, plebeians, everyone knows that sleeping is a government invention so they can spy on us heh ¬‿¬
Ghosts? No, I call it the aftermath of the 5g chip they have implanted in us heh ¬‿¬

Hhahah, Kanna's face when she saw the fairy's face
Very good episode as always <3

Aug 18, 2021 10:39 AM

Feb 2014
Now I REALLY want to buy a book of "Huge Melons" and see what's inside. XD

I'm glad that Fafnir is getting more screentime once more and I do like his passionate commitment of wanting to make a doujinshi that'll sell like hotcakes, but despite the humorous posing that Lucoa did for him, his book didn't do well at all. The only thing it succeeded in doing was making poor Shouta blush like a tomato and call it "Vulgar devil".

The conversation between Kobayashi and Tohru about the habit of sleeping felt really deep and rather relaxing to see how much she was curious about it, even asking Elma that same question when she encountered her while out shopping. I did laugh when Kobayashi woke up late for work, also not helped by Tohru waking up later than usual, too. =3

Lastly, we had plenty of Kanna and Saikawa once again and they were with their school friends doing some ghost investigation within the school grounds, which then ended up turning into a football match (with an old shoe as the ball) which had the animation quality that'll give most popular sports anime a good run for their money. I love KyoAni's animation quality so much! X3

The next episode's preview promises us more Lucoa fanservice (Yes!) and, worryingly, Ilulu crouching down in heavy rain. A sad Ilulu makes me sad, too... =(
Aug 18, 2021 10:40 AM

Nov 2016
Kanna was unstoppable, loved that bit of sakuga during the soccer match. Maybe Blue Lock should've gone to KyoAni after all.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Aug 18, 2021 10:44 AM

Sep 2019
I want a copy of Lucoa’s book. The shoe football game was great, the animation of that part was amazing. Kanna and her friends are so cute together.

Humans love you too Kanna.
Aug 18, 2021 10:45 AM

Oct 2017
Fafnir made quite the doujin lol and he seriously called Lucoa vulgur on her face. I need that Lucoa cosplay magazine, it sux that they didn't even show what cosplays she did.

Kanna was cute as usual and Saikawa was amusing. Also it's been while since I saw Kanna with that look when she saw that fairy. Reminded me of when she used to eat everything.
MegamiRemAug 20, 2021 8:18 AM
Aug 18, 2021 10:46 AM

Apr 2018
Fafnir asking help from Lucoa was something that we would never expect.
Well, she's a vulgar woman, great use for his manga. The manga-style comic was hilarious. Sadly, no one bought his stuff. While all the otakus bought Lucoa's horny manga xD

Second part of the episode is focused on Kobayashi, Kanna and Tohru. Oh, Elma was there too for a bit. The conversation about them adapting to the human lifestyle was quite nice.

And then we have Kanna's project which was about Ghosts. Well, it was just a weirdass fairy lmao. The soccer scene was fucking gold. Espically the animation was so fluid.

Wholesome episode.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Aug 18, 2021 11:35 AM

Jan 2013
Anyone else thought Kanna was going to eat the fairy?
REJECT ANIMU - EMBRACE TOKU
Aug 18, 2021 11:37 AM

May 2021
Couldnt stop smiling throughout the whole episode. Wholesome as fuck. I like that it explored a bit more into the humanhood too, I want more Ilulu though

Aug 18, 2021 11:49 AM

May 2021
More Fafnir screentime is always welcomed. Those people really have garbage taste for not buying his books.
Aug 18, 2021 11:52 AM

Sep 2011
Another relaxing episode. Kanna is so cute in this scene <3
Aug 18, 2021 12:12 PM

May 2020
I want to have a look at those Lucoa doujins, that Shouta refrained himself from looking.
Good to see now each dragon adapting themselves as per the human world,adapting themselves for sleep lol.
Aug 18, 2021 12:35 PM
Oct 2020
a good episode. now it has been revealed that it will be 12 episodes for s2, the next episode will focus on ilulu, take, Lucoa and Shouta, I wonder if we will have the arc of war in the dragon world in the last few episodes, I wanted s2 to close at this point.
Aug 18, 2021 12:36 PM

May 2020
Another amazing episode Kanna is adorable as usual I thought she would eat that fairy
Fun Things Are Fun - Yui Hirasawa
Aug 18, 2021 12:42 PM

Feb 2017
AkeZZZ said:
SHINOBI-03 said:

Guess I wasn't the only one, though I wonder why? Did I think of her as baby yoda? She's only eaten food, right?
Aug 18, 2021 12:50 PM

Apr 2014
Luxeraph said:
AkeZZZ said:
SHINOBI-03 said:

Guess I wasn't the only one, though I wonder why? Did I think of her as baby yoda? She's only eaten food, right?

maybe come from these gifs 🤣

何それ?意味分かんない
Aug 18, 2021 12:55 PM
Oct 2020
Kanna for the professional football team ⚽️💖 lol.
Aug 18, 2021 1:12 PM

Nov 2013
Another adorable episode!
Fairy was wtf lol
Aug 18, 2021 1:26 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
Poor Fafnir getting outsold by Lucoa and Takiya again although he had the right idea just not the proper execution to cater what otakus want and that's cute or horny material. Shouta had some nerves of steel to resist looking at Lucoa's huge melons.
Aug 18, 2021 1:58 PM
Jan 2021
another cute episode, I really want to buy Lucoas photobook and fafnirs manga.
That muscular fairy, I was expecting Kanna to eat him at first.
Aug 18, 2021 2:32 PM

Apr 2015
Fafnir was great today, he needs a vulgar woman to pose for his Manga and he asked the perfect lady to fit that description, Lucoa. I loved their interactions together, but what I've heard today, Lucoa can do some gruesome things with her own body o_O'

I need a copy of that Huge Melons!!

That soccer sakuga in the second half was fantastic, Kanna showing her speed. I am surprised to see a fairy in the show and the fact that Kanna did not try to eat it.
Aug 18, 2021 2:48 PM

Jul 2014
Daisuke Ono had some real fun with his performance as Fafnir this week, and his inevitable failure with his second doujin was an amusing end to that whole sequence. That fairy turning up was most unexpected as well, and I was rather surprised Kanna didn't just eat him.
Aug 18, 2021 3:01 PM

May 2021
Some amazing Saikawa and Kanna moments which I’m always up for and Fafnir writing a manga this time lol. I honestly feel bad for him because no one ends up buying his stuff :(. Wonder how that fairy will repay their kindness for sending him back to the other world also. Looking forward to the next episode.
AISHITERU...REM!
Aug 18, 2021 3:43 PM

Oct 2016
For me one of the best so far.
Tohru and Kobayashi talk in the night was so interesting, made me wonder a couple of things...
Also, somebody know the name of the ost that plays at that moment? I've searched in the whole ost but this one maybe is a 2nd season new.
Aug 18, 2021 3:59 PM

Oct 2020
Hmm, that's quite strange, Fafnir asking for Lucoa's help. Haha, Fafnir appears to not really understand sex appeal. I'd, honestly, definitely buy Lucoa's cosplay book. A whole lot of "sleeping" in this episode.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 18, 2021 4:05 PM

Jun 2021
Another fun episode.

The story might not have been as great as some of the past episodes (some of the jokes felt like a rehash from S1), but none the less, still a great joy to watch.

The animation continues to be superb. The window reflection and the view through the glass of Tohru was done so well that it's amazing. Watching this show just makes you realize how KyoAni is at a different level when compared to other studios.

Aug 18, 2021 4:10 PM
Aug 2021
No matter how much most humans deny this, day-to-day life in this world considerably leads to boredom. Since the dragons in this series are from a world filled with constant fierce battles and conflict, we can only imagine how much their boredom is compared to ours. Yet they embrace it since it's a new feeling.
Personally, I find such attention to detail to be making this anime more and more fulfilling.
Compared to most Isekai I watched, 'Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon' is in a league of its own.
I suppose the accurate word suited for this particular episode would be 'Heart Warming'

Aug 18, 2021 4:27 PM

Sep 2020
Lucoa: You should ask someone's help since Im busy
Faf-Kun: K.

LOL. I wish most people is as wise as Faf-Kun, no need to repeat what you said. Tahaha. I still feel bad for him, his DJs are not that selling at all, LMAO.

And Riko-chan made my day as usual, her gayness over Kanna-chan reaches the astronomical level. So kawaii~

Great episode, pretty hilarious, one of the best epi of the series, IMO.
it’s never too late for life ... to go horribly wrong. . . afff~
Aug 18, 2021 4:33 PM
Jul 2018
Fafnir creating his manga was interesting in everything he did.

Fun episode to watch, Great episode.
Aug 18, 2021 4:53 PM

Jul 2020
i love how Fafnir did not hesitate to not beg for lucoa's help lol
Aug 18, 2021 5:57 PM

Sep 2015
Looks like I got what I wanted! seeing more Fafnir plus starting the ep with him and Lucoa was great! Heart warming to see Kanna having fun at school too
Aug 18, 2021 6:18 PM
Dec 2011
That fairy had big muscles lol Kanna-San was so cute throughout the episode. Her relationship with her friend is too cute. I forgot her name but it's the one with the big forehead lol Really liking this show
Aug 18, 2021 7:09 PM

Jun 2019
There wasn’t too much gross Saikawa and Kanna stuff so that’s nice. Their part with the kids acting like kids (aside the Saikawa stuff) was probably the best part of this episode. Tooru’s part thinking about why the dragons sleep now was okay too. Honestly one of the better episodes this season and I still found it to be pretty forgettable.
Aug 18, 2021 7:14 PM

Oct 2019

This child is gonna get all the girls once he hits high school. I hate how that's the first thing I think of when I see someone like him.

But as always, Kanna is super cute and wholesome.
Aug 18, 2021 7:31 PM

Jul 2016
Not gonna lie, Fafnir might have some potential as horror manga artist.

Also what? A Lucoa lewd cosplay magazine?! Man, just take my motherfucking money already!

Pretty nice episode overall. Kanna having fun at school with her friends was really cute and though her encounter with an actual fairy was bizarre asf, I'm glad she didn't make things even more bizarre by eating the poor little guy xD
Aug 18, 2021 8:05 PM

Apr 2018
That fairy looked a lot like Alex Louis Armstrong from FMA. Weirdest of all is that it would not surprise me to see Armstrong dressed as a Fairy. XD
Aug 18, 2021 8:35 PM

Feb 2016
SouthRzVa said:
Not gonna lie, Fafnir might have some potential as horror manga artist.

Yeah, I really want to read "Voluptuous and Prejudice."
その目だれの目?
Aug 18, 2021 8:57 PM

Aug 2019
Really did not think i'd enjoy the Fafnir and Lucoa duo as much as i did, Fafnir's dark and gloomy aura mixing with Lucoa's quite cheerful and playful manner made for some funny moments.

Poor Fafnir, experiencing first hand how in todays world a cosplay book can sell more then a well written book. And to be fair i probably would of bought the Lucoa cosplay book as well.

Things got a little deep with Tohru's pondering of the idea of sleep for a human and dragon. Like Elma suggested, could it be because of boredom? That Tohru being a 100+year old dragon, that lived in a world were you constantly had to watch your back, being brought to this very mundane and average world has made her loose her edge? Or is it Tohru is truly adjusting to human lifestyle?
Being nocturnal myself made me actually think about the whole idea of "night equals sleep" and how / why it came to be in the first place.

More Kanna and Saikawa scenes are a treat. The fairy scene though did make me pause for a minute to digest what was actually happening.
Aug 18, 2021 9:32 PM

Aug 2018
Very funny episode.
In the end Lucoa did get to sell, unlike poor Fafnir xD
Tamer2002Aug 18, 2021 9:36 PM
Aug 18, 2021 10:19 PM

Mar 2021
AkeZZZ said:
Luxeraph said:

maybe come from these gifs 🤣

Whatever happened to Kanna eating everything she laid eyes on anyway?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon S Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 1, 2021

176 by SiMura8723 »»
Mar 29, 8:27 AM

Poll: » Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon S Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 22, 2021

223 by CocoaGalaxy »»
Mar 22, 11:11 PM

Poll: » Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon S Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 15, 2021

147 by CocoaGalaxy »»
Mar 22, 2:24 AM

Poll: » Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon S Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 4, 2021

151 by MachoGuacho2765 »»
Mar 21, 10:20 AM

Poll: » Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon S Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 8, 2021

161 by CocoaGalaxy »»
Mar 17, 5:17 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.