Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
To Your Eternity
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Aug 16, 2021 7:20 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Tonari is so brave tbh. Trying to save Fushi by herself takes a lot of courage. Really glad they are able to connect and improve their relationship this arc. If anything, she's a breakout character in this series imo.

More tragedies this episode though....it's never a safe haven in this show.
Aug 16, 2021 7:20 AM

Jul 2017
This episode truly goes to the ends of the Earth.

Tonari going back and deep to save Fushi, forgetting that he can shapeshift to get himself out of there, with the capured body just a fake for distraction. But with the impending storm, the escape isn't going to be easy. Tonari getting more dibs about The Beholder's role in Fushi's life, similar to God in the human world. And reacting to Fushi, Tonari's life has been one hell and back wth her father who turned from a caring parent to a soulless being to kill their mom and other island lowlifes. To that regard, both Fushi and Tonari are able to interconnect with their feelings and emotions that are similar.

Ready to set off, but the Nokkers are attacking Jananda, and The Beholder calls for Fushi to attend to it. Tonari however, judges it like God and instant karma and as much as concerned, is her stopping point. The Nokkers are truly fearsome beings this time: taking the dead corpses from the corpse pit and turning into a frenzy zombie pandemic of sorts. Thankfully, the kids are back to help Fushi and Tonari...but one influenced strikes all, from Oopa to Mia who got stabbed directly. And the one thing that Fushi cannot do is heal people, so he can only defend them from the Nokkers's heart cusped into Oopa.

Uroy makes a sacrifice to throw Fushi to safety with the help of Ligard, and there's no saving them anymore. Devastation hits the heart more than most.
KANLen09Aug 16, 2021 9:55 AM
Aug 16, 2021 8:09 AM
Sep 2020
Just one question. Is animation better than in episode 17?
Aug 16, 2021 8:27 AM
Jul 2021
iago_cf01 said:

Another question is how they watch it so early?? It doesn't even show up on the official website when I search three hours later
Aug 16, 2021 9:35 AM

Jul 2017
iago_cf01 said:
Why don't you watch the episode yourself and discuss it when get to it?

iago_cf01 said:
Another question is how they watch it so early?? It doesn't even show up on the official website when I search three hours later
Ever you heard a thing about this thing called TV? OK zoomer.
Aug 16, 2021 9:36 AM
Sep 2020
KANLen09 said:
iago_cf01 said:
Why don't you watch the episode yourself and discuss it when get to it?

1. Its not accesible by my methods yet
2. If its similar in queality, I won't even bother watching it
Aug 16, 2021 9:38 AM

Jul 2020
Well, tonari went from a character that I disagreed with a lot to someone who has sufficiently redeemed herself lol
Check out my channel @Criticiza on Youtube to watch my vids ;)

Aug 16, 2021 9:51 AM
May 2020
😱 Wow they all died with a sad ost what a surprise
Aug 16, 2021 9:51 AM

Feb 2020
Best girl Tonari is my number 1 heroine of the season.

That was such a tragic episode.. :(

RIP Mia, Uroy and Oopa.

SerafosAug 16, 2021 11:11 AM
Aug 16, 2021 9:53 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
That was so depressing and sad for the kids... I hope the same won't happen for Tonari, I'm starting to appreciate her more and more
Aug 16, 2021 9:54 AM

Jun 2019
And, just like that, they lost three of their friends. Once again, Fushi was in a really weird spot where he couldn't do anything about it. He couldn't save anyone. Right before his eyes, Nokkers killed three of his friends. I felt really bad for all three of them, they just came back to help Fushi and Tonari and this is what was waiting for them.
Aug 16, 2021 9:57 AM

Feb 2019
Why must this series make us suffer so much? Not tonari’s friends too :// no good deed goes unpunished, they should’ve just stayed behind. Mia’s death was especially hard to watch because none of the kids knew any type of medical treatment for her. Fushi’s frustration at never being able to save anyone was heartbreaking.

Really upset about Mia, she was too pretty to go out that way

Also couldn’t help but laugh at Tonari’s hypocrisy with the remaining islanders not being worthy of being saved 🧐

DKDiabloLicht said:
iago_cf01 said:

Stark and Kanlen watch the raws

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
KuniiAug 30, 2021 10:22 PM
Aug 16, 2021 9:59 AM

Nov 2014
A part of me dislikes how they used such light hearted music for that initial fight scene it made the terrifying twist afterwards seem kinda off putting, but i also kinda like how they do that it makes it seem much more realistic. Death always comes out of nowhere. You could be laughing one minute and the next minute your friend is shot.
Aug 16, 2021 10:00 AM
Jul 2021
Marinate1016 said:
DKDiabloLicht said:

Stark and Kanlen watch the raws

What are 'Raws'? Like watching it on Japanese TV or something?
Aug 16, 2021 10:02 AM

Jan 2021
New episode, new deaths.

The deaths this time weren't nearly as emotional as the last ones, I think. Either because these characters didn't leave a huge impact, or because I got used to it lol.

Seems like the next episode is gonna be pretty rough though, just the preview makes it seem like some important characters are going to die but I dunno. I seriously doubt Hayase is going to die any time soon but we'll see.
Aug 16, 2021 10:07 AM
May 2020
DChara said:
New episode, new deaths.

The deaths this time weren't nearly as emotional as the last ones, I think. Either because these characters didn't leave a huge impact, or because I got used to it lol.

Seems like the next episode is gonna be pretty rough though, just the preview makes it seem like some important characters are going to die but I dunno. I seriously doubt Hayase is going to die any time soon but we'll see.

I didn't feel anything. If Tonari died, I would be sad. But their friends were not given time or events to leave anything
Aug 16, 2021 10:19 AM
May 2017
bro the deaths tho
Aug 16, 2021 10:26 AM
Sep 2015
The new Nokker, which are now "Nokkers", are much stronger in a completely different way. More like more evil, more cunning.
Aug 16, 2021 10:30 AM

Nov 2016
Here we go again. RIP Oopa, Mia and Uroy. They weren't March or Gugu tier, but I actually enjoyed these characters from the beginning of this arc.

Stay safe Tonari and Sandel.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Aug 16, 2021 10:33 AM

Apr 2018
Tonari really thought that she would be able to save Fushi. He did it all by himself.
The picture with all of them together was truly something that we want but something we will never get. Someone always has to die in every arc. The Nokkers attacked again. And three people have died. Oopa, Mia and the big guy. I must say, that was a hero deed right there.
Sadly, the deaths felt like nothing for me. Still a good episode.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Aug 16, 2021 10:48 AM

Mar 2018
Garbage Episode for me everyone die in each Episode
Aug 16, 2021 10:57 AM

Dec 2012
Well, the opening/ending visuals spoiled the whole shock-factor out of the series ages ago, maybe that's why me and the previous commenters didn't feel a thing during the episode.
Aug 16, 2021 11:01 AM
Mar 2021
iago_cf01 said:
iago_cf01 said:
much better for sure. Just a better episode all around
Aug 16, 2021 11:05 AM
Sep 2020
Nitroade24h said:
iago_cf01 said:
iago_cf01 said:
much better for sure. Just a better episode all around

Thanks for answering! Now I will watch it for sure
Aug 16, 2021 11:05 AM
Mar 2021
Man this would have been such a good episode if I cared about the characters. It’s not that I don’t like them, it’s just that we don’t know their backstories, don’t know what they’re like because they barely had screentime, heck, I don’t even know their names because they’ve been said maybe 2 or 3 times in the whole arc. This episode gave me more hope for the series going forwards but this arc just feels like it missed the mark. I can’t feel anything for characters I don’t even know.
The boy from the first episode was only in one episode and his death hurt immensely more than this episode.
Aug 16, 2021 11:13 AM
Aug 2021
Is it just me or is the animation quality getting worse each episode?
Aug 16, 2021 11:13 AM
Mar 2021
For me this episode lacked impact idk why. I feel like it could be much more shocking.
Death flags everywhere after what happened, I wonder how Fushi will stop all that.
Aug 16, 2021 11:18 AM
May 2020
GianChwan said:

It is true that the animation in episode 17 was bad, but this episode I find it much better
Aug 16, 2021 11:20 AM
Oct 2020
GianChwan said:
is better than the previous episode, I don't know how you found it worse.
Aug 16, 2021 11:20 AM
Oct 2020
Good episode! Tonari 💖
Aug 16, 2021 11:25 AM
Mar 2021
This Episode Was Ok😔
One Piece Gintama Jojos Bizzare Adventure Are My Favorite Anime
Aug 16, 2021 11:28 AM
Apr 2018
Heh pretty fun episode
Aug 16, 2021 11:28 AM
Jul 2021
Ugh, is anyone else getting sick of how pathetic and weak willed he is? He is IMMORTAL and can turn into ANYTHING he knows or kills, if he wasn't such a weakling and TRAINED and used his abilities to their fullest extent 95% of the people who died would still be alive. Not only has this show gone severely downhill (in my opinion, I know some agree and some still love it) but the fact that he isn't realizing that if he put in FULL effort and went all out he could keep SOO many people safe, but instead he just buckles and buckles and whines and cries and it's getting old. And yeah some will say he's immature and young, but when you go through RIDICULOUSLY F'd up stuff you mature a hell of a lot faster(I know this ALL to well and the stuff he's gone through is insane by comparison). I know this is just wishful thinking and the writer just loves to make everyone happy just to rip their guts out and make them miserable, but is it too much to ask that the MC grows and emotionally and mentally develops to the point where he realizes what he's capable of. Honestly at this point I don't even want him to meet anyone new because I know they'll just die, it's causing me to care less and less about each character that pops up since I know they'll die and it's just a bullshit game to toy with everyone's emotions.
Aug 16, 2021 11:30 AM
Apr 2016
Why are not Fushi's eyes yellow here???
JanPriAug 16, 2021 11:34 AM
Aug 16, 2021 11:35 AM

Dec 2020
The story feels kinda repetitive and predictable now.
With each arc I start caring lesser and lesser about the new characters that are introduced.
Aug 16, 2021 11:36 AM

Jan 2018
Can't believe only 2 episodes left.
I liked the OST used in the first half of the episode while Fushi and Tonari were conversing. This was probably one of the better episodes of this arc.

Even though I knew about Tonari and her friend's fate from the OP, it still felt tragic seeing them go one by one. But I wouldn't say the emotions hit me like they did in earlier arcs though. Especially since most of the kids felt pretty nameless before this episode.
Aug 16, 2021 11:36 AM

Jan 2018
Can't believe only 2 episodes left.
I liked the OST used in the first half of the episode while Fushi and Tonari were conversing. This was probably one of the better episodes of this arc.

Even though I knew about Tonari and her friend's fate from the OP, it still felt tragic seeing them go one by one. But I wouldn't say the emotions hit me like they did in earlier arcs though. Especially since most of the kids felt pretty nameless before this episode.
Aug 16, 2021 11:45 AM
May 2021
Haha, Fushi already escaped when Tonari tried to save him.
So sad what Fushi has to live. So sad that he haven't saved anybody.
Goodbye to those who died, I will remember you.
Aug 16, 2021 11:48 AM

Aug 2016
So the Nockers are trying a different approach and it seems to be quite effective.
A couple more tragic deaths and we are nearing the end, it seems like I'm gonna have to pick up a the manga.
“I just spent the last two years thinking that you guys knew more than me about life and I just found out that you guys are just as dumb as me.” “Duh-doy.” “Yeah, duh-doy.”
Aug 16, 2021 11:56 AM

Feb 2018
I guess we were due for a sad episode. The show had been taking it easy on my emotions ep 12.
*Mourning the disappointment of The Promised Neverland season 2.*
Aug 16, 2021 12:10 PM

Jan 2014
That ending was just pain. That's all I can say.
Aug 16, 2021 12:12 PM
Mar 2018
Didn't feel much this time around. I never really connected with any of these characters. Unlike everyone else that Fushi met, with whom he developed relationships organically, these ones just imposed themselves from the start and they had no motivation beyond exploiting him. Even after they became "friendly", they were never developed to any depth and so their friendliness comes across as a whim. And they are just too many under the same circumstances, whatever sympathy they win from being orphans in a bad situation is diluted across all of them.

The only character that got any depth is Tonari, and I still don't like her. She's a deeply flawed human and that is interesting, but I guess I just can't empathise. Too bad! I hope at least from this Fushi learns to do hard things to protect the ones he cares about. Failing to "kill" Oopa did nobody any good! Though trying to fight her without a plan was a bad decision in the first place.

How long is Fushi going to rely on others (and luck) to battle the Nokkers?

PS: if I was Uroy I'd have at least tried to escape the Nokkers. Just quietly letting them inject that nastiness into your body and make you part of the horde is no way to go.
yasmAug 16, 2021 12:15 PM
Aug 16, 2021 12:27 PM
May 2020
Hundreds of zombies are fought by Fuchi with his human body ? . Is this just a joke, just turn into a bear and smash them or gogo and burn them. Sometimes Fuchi is so stupid
Aug 16, 2021 12:30 PM

Sep 2007
Damn.
And how do we know how many Knokker cores are hiding/being produced underground? I can't see Fushi winning this unless he somehow destroys the whole island to "unearth all the cores" so-to-speak....that or plot armor will miraculously just help him survive/win the day.
(Cuz I can't think of a way to beat the Knokkers unless the cores really aren't multiplying without a llimit...)

Also...How many forms did Fushi lose so far this round? They only animated Parona's... even tho he lost a leg while running...
(My avatar is an original creation-please don't take it)
Aug 16, 2021 12:52 PM

Jul 2014
Nooooooo, not the chair girl. I still wonder why she always carried that chair with her, even in Tonari's dream of the future :'D

Too bad, I liked Mia... and Oopa. Why do anime characters always have to come back?

Oh well, the next episode doesn't look that hopeful either... just pain as always.
Aug 16, 2021 12:59 PM

Jun 2015
menpe said:
Well, the opening/ending visuals spoiled the whole shock-factor out of the series ages ago, maybe that's why me and the previous commenters didn't feel a thing during the episode.
Same here. I didn't feel a thing either.
Aug 16, 2021 1:10 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
So the Knokkers are attacking the island again except this time they are controlling the dead zombie style and slowly taking over the living. Tonari came back to help Fushi, but it seemed like a waste of time since he already got out. Fushi then decides to help the people on the island who are being attacked by Knokkers. The kids tried to help, but it resulted in Oopa, Mia and Uroy getting killed and being taken over by the Knokkers. With only two episodes left, I think most of us know how this particular arc is going to end unless there is some kind of plot twist.
Aug 16, 2021 1:10 PM

Jul 2011
For the most that is sad , was whatever the happening of episode after the OP already showed that the kids would die by parasites.
And Fushi already had told them that Nokkers are hardcore, and because of that the kids are plot device. Yay!
Aug 16, 2021 1:16 PM

Apr 2020
ah, fuck, that's it. im crying.

┌─❈❇❈─┐

└─❈❇❈─┘

Aug 16, 2021 1:41 PM
Aug 2016
The Editing/Directing was weird this episode. scheduling issues/crunch might be the problem. this show had hiccups these past few episodes, from derp faces to unnecessarily long pan shots to minimal animation in fight scenes. There's only 2 episodes left, the staff should be able to pull through I guess. it's sad seeing the quality in the early episodes fade, but that's the reality of this industry atm.

the first episode had a totally different atmosphere than where the show is now.
the past arcs were okay, this current arc is questionable. I honestly don't see where this story is going.

I really liked this story up until half-way. Now, I'm not even sure.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fumetsu no Anata e Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2021

238 by MasterHavik »»
Apr 13, 2:43 AM

Poll: » Fumetsu no Anata e Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 24, 2021

158 by wallus81 »»
Apr 6, 12:30 AM

Poll: » Fumetsu no Anata e Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Usopp8000 - May 17, 2021

152 by wallus81 »»
Apr 1, 8:14 PM

Poll: » Fumetsu no Anata e Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 10, 2021

345 by wallus81 »»
Apr 1, 7:52 PM

Poll: » Fumetsu no Anata e Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 3, 2021

150 by wallus81 »»
Mar 28, 2:20 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.