Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
To Your Eternity
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Nov 1, 2021 7:10 PM

Feb 2018
We've been used seeing the power of friendship but not this time.. sadly :(
Nov 6, 2021 3:14 PM
May 2020
this episode was whack. the pacing felt extremely malnourished
Nov 17, 2021 10:24 PM

Oct 2019
By now I strongly suspect that Fushi's maker is the one who creates (summons?) the Nokkers. Just when Fushi was about to leave the island multiple Nokkers attacked the islanders, not Fushi. The obvious motive would be to train Fushi, to make them grow stronger for some other future problem.

Fushi's maker as the narrator mentioned earlier that this island is going to be good for Fushi, to make them grow and improve. He even considered Fushi's capture by the psycho Hayashe a good thing, again as a means for growth. The escape to safety would prevent Fushi's growth, so what should the creator do? Call a few tens of Nokkers.

It's sad that the kids died but by now it's been par for the course that everyone who bonds with Fushi is going to die. Everyone. From those Fushi has connected with only the old sake man survives (presumably), Hioran and Rynn. The last one can be excluded, since she was Gugu's girl. It appears in the next episode the surviving two kids will die as well... Along with that psycho I hope.

edit: We also found out why that owl survived that direct arrow shot; it was in order to catch mole Fushi in the air and fly them into safety. As for the how it survived the arrow it must have some magical self-healing properties provided by heavy plot armor.
SharpedonNov 17, 2021 10:44 PM
Feb 13, 2022 9:12 AM
Nov 2020
Now I am convinced that all the characters in the series are for Fushi's skin collection and character development. But losing every character is painful, even though they exist for such a short time.
Apr 26, 2022 6:02 AM

Aug 2013
Are they trolling now?
This is becoming so predictable and stupid at the same time.
The closer you get to the light,the greater your shadow becomes.
May 11, 2022 11:04 PM

Mar 2013
This series is really disgusting, killing characters left and right. It is an infinite loop until you won't feel anything at the end of it all, I guess. The average heroine (Mia) died... 😔
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
May 27, 2022 1:06 PM

Dec 2020
I'm not one to nitpick but I feel like I've seen the same formula being re-used over and over.

Fushi goes to new place , meets new people , people die , and so it goes on.

It seems to me that he should just follow the advice of Overhaul and just stay in one place and develop himself. The Nokkers seem to be evolving much faster than Fushi.

2 more episodes to go and I ask myself what is the breaking point here? Does he finally have it in him to kill someone.

Thus far nothing to me has truly topped the first episode of the season and episode 12.
Jun 12, 2022 10:29 AM

Dec 2018
i like how the entire series is spoiled just by the OP and the previews
now i know why fushi doesn't have any character development: anyone who has any is only so they can die and make you feel sad, which got old super fast i don't even care
shit writing throughout, the author should not have a career anymore.
Jul 30, 2022 10:37 PM
Aug 2018
Tonari's friends are safe to leave the island, but come back only to die, wtf

this island arc is really annoying, seriously
Oct 10, 2022 10:29 PM

Jan 2016
Time for the zombie creatures shown in the OP now I assume.

Tonari's dad is a scumbag for killing his wife.

I am not invested in Tonari's story at all. I really think this story went on a downhill spiral. Hayase or whoever decided to put Fushi in that hole has got to be one of the dumbest villains ever. Why would you put him somewhere he could easily escape from?

"Why do they look so much like humans?" Don't tell me he is going to hesitate. If I was in his position, I would realize they are zombies and just kill them.

I wonder why we have never seen all these new people "coming to the island" as the blonde kid puts it.

The power of friendship helps them defeat the zombies. Hurray. NVM Oopa impales the red haired girl. I guess they will just leave Oopa behind then? Not even try to cut the little pink thing holding her?

"We're going to lose Mia." What about Oopa? Was she forgotten or something?

From an anime that kept punching me in the feels every time a character died, I am feeling nothing right now watching this Oopa, blonde guy, and Mia scene.
Nov 18, 2022 9:52 PM
Jul 2018
Soo they built it up like Fushi being captured by Hayase was a huge deal, yet he escaped so easily. I hate how things just keep happening like this and are resolved in a few minutes with no consequences. The quality of the writing really declined compared to the excellent first half of the show.

It's so annoying every time Fushi tells Tonari to RUN AWAY and she refuses. She really should have listened this time.

That corpse pit was nasty... I guess so many people die in the tournament that they don't even bother giving people proper burials? But damn, that was so gross, the bodies were just all exposed to the air to decompose.

I didn't expect this anime to have a zombie moment. It felt so dumb and forced that it killed my immersion in the story, honestly. The deaths in this episode were so dramatic but I had no emotional investment in the side characters; so it was just corny, almost funny, even.
Nov 27, 2022 7:57 PM

May 2015
At this point I don't expect anyone to be make it out alive tbh
Dec 27, 2022 7:50 AM
Jan 2009
I can barely stand every episode... Watching all die, one bye one....... It´s taking me to long to finish the first season
Feb 5, 2023 3:54 AM

Sep 2016
Here we go again.... Then again, these characters had all of 5 seconds of screentime each outside of Tonari. So...
extralieFeb 5, 2023 3:58 AM
Jul 16, 2023 10:27 PM
Dec 2020
definitely saw the little girls death coming, but not the other 2! what a shame.
Jul 16, 2023 10:31 PM
Dec 2020
again, like fushi said "you know im immortal, right?" dont understand why tonari would try to help him?? literally asking to get herself killed like..? ok then?? maybe a hot take, but i still dislike her. 
Jul 19, 2023 9:09 PM
Nov 2016
Another crappy episode, I don't even feel bad for those kids dying, I didn't bond with any of them so I don't care about them, plus their death feels cheap, those are just generic cheap deaths like the crap I usually see in filler episodes, I didn't feel a thing when they died, the previous deaths with March and Gugu are pretty damn good since they are handled with care and subtlety, the deaths in this episode is shit in comparison.

Yeah, whatever, I'm already disappointed with this anime, this season needed to end in episode 12, at this point I'm not watching it for fun anymore, I'm only watching it to get this over with, meh, it's sad to see how this promising anime turned into generic garbage.
Aug 1, 2023 3:05 PM
Aug 2022
I started to dislike these fights, vessels goin back and forth back and forth, no revealed purpose and threat of nokkers or the hooded dude.
Setting and characters in this arc are boring too.
Aug 10, 2023 6:49 AM
Mar 2020
I think that the nokkers have clued into the fact that Fushi is too mentally weak to kill another human, so have taken to reviving corpses. He couldn't bring himself to kill the nokker possessing Oopa leading to him losing his Parona form and possibly others.

The unfortunate nature of this world seems to be giving a message of selfishness and self-preservation over helping others. Those who care about their fellow human or cannot bring themselves to kill another person find themselves dead. Fushi could have killed Oopa but did not, and he lost two more friends because of his choice. In my opinion the black god seems to be trying to show Fushi that the consequences of failing to act and hesitating to kill will lead to the loss of everyone and everything he holds dear. It's as if he's trying to tell Fushi, "yeah, they all died, and its all your fault. Train so that you can protect those you care about, because in your hesitation, they will be taken from you."
Oct 8, 2023 6:16 AM
Jul 2017
i get this is supposed to be the emotional climax, but everyone is dying and we barely had the time to like he characters. poor writing tbh
Oct 9, 2023 7:58 AM

Mar 2015
Shit hits the fan in this episode and everything comes crumbling down!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Oct 9, 2023 11:36 AM

Aug 2019
I liked the March and Gugu arcs, but the story and characters of this current arc has been falling flat in comparison. Not really feeling it, but maybe there'll be more momentum with how it concludes...
Jan 25, 1:51 AM

Oct 2022
Knew it. She raised way too many flags in an episode it was so strong that her friends has to share the effects as well
Feb 14, 10:54 PM

Mar 2012
Reply to xZabuzax
Another crappy episode, I don't even feel bad for those kids dying, I didn't bond with any of them so I don't care about them, plus their death feels cheap, those are just generic cheap deaths like the crap I usually see in filler episodes, I didn't feel a thing when they died, the previous deaths with March and Gugu are pretty damn good since they are handled with care and subtlety, the deaths in this episode is shit in comparison.

Yeah, whatever, I'm already disappointed with this anime, this season needed to end in episode 12, at this point I'm not watching it for fun anymore, I'm only watching it to get this over with, meh, it's sad to see how this promising anime turned into generic garbage.
Yea the first two arcs were amazing. a nice sense of adventure with slice of life and likeable characters. Couldn't care less about this arc's cast, they're just so bland and more of an annoyance than anything. I just hope the anime picks back up after this arc since it's currently feeling like a boring generic shounen compared to the earlier episodes. Though I had a feeling that it was going in this direction the moment the Nokkers were introduced.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fumetsu no Anata e Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2021

238 by MasterHavik »»
Apr 13, 2:43 AM

Poll: » Fumetsu no Anata e Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 24, 2021

158 by wallus81 »»
Apr 6, 12:30 AM

Poll: » Fumetsu no Anata e Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Usopp8000 - May 17, 2021

152 by wallus81 »»
Apr 1, 8:14 PM

Poll: » Fumetsu no Anata e Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 10, 2021

345 by wallus81 »»
Apr 1, 7:52 PM

Poll: » Fumetsu no Anata e Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 3, 2021

150 by wallus81 »»
Mar 28, 2:20 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.