Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Aug 16, 2021 7:08 AM
Jul 2018
Finally, a good episode
Aug 16, 2021 8:31 AM

Mar 2018
Wonderfully done episode, been a while since I saw that much character acting in this show, and god knows it needs some animation.

So, we are finally getting it, the infamous MVA, needless to say they took their sweet time to get there. The thing is, they have 6 episode (at best) to adapt 23 chapters, can they manage without cutting stuff ? Doesn't look possible if you ask me, and while less episode (probably) means more focused ressources and therefor prettier visuals, I'm sceptic about their capacity to tell everything the arc has to (and there's a LOT to tell, you can believe me) in an effective manner, without taking into account that the outcome is already pretty much spoiled.

About the Endeavor Agency arc, it's quite obvious that it's the arc that suffers the most from the switching up, because while the Todoroki drama really is the climax of the arc, the whole internship part is kinda boring without the knowledge of the events of MVA. Also, they cut a bunch of small scenes from the arc that are really hard to squeeze later on without it feeling awkward.

The rearrangment was a mistake, and even a gorgeous MVA (from what I'm hearing left and right) wasn't worth all the narrative mess that this season created
Aug 16, 2021 11:01 AM
Jul 2018
Great based and redpilled episode of the show of the season. With alot of turns and the next going to be hype.
Aug 16, 2021 4:52 PM
Nirai Kanai

Dec 2012
shqdy said:
This was probably the best episode of season 5

Agreed. I was coming to say something similar. This episode had a lot of weight and added more lore to the plot. I'm looking forward to seeing what comes out of this.

The World Suffused with Sound.
Aug 16, 2021 10:54 PM
Jul 2021
notice how the old man in the last scene looks like the doctor that tested deku’s quirk
Aug 17, 2021 2:01 AM

Jul 2021
Best episode so far. Kurogiri being a nomu is news to me. I actually spoiled myself about the friends death and knew that it has impact on aizawa.Good to see it animated. Is tomura turning into nomu in the end there
Aug 17, 2021 10:30 AM
Jul 2021
Just want to see now if Shigaraki also becomes a nomu or a All for One 2.0
Chance of him being a nomu are quite slim though
Aug 17, 2021 10:47 AM
Jun 2021
Didn't understand much of this episode, I hope they can explain somethings better in the next episodes.
Aug 17, 2021 12:17 PM
Feb 2021
How do i create forums on mobile?
Aug 17, 2021 6:09 PM

Jun 2021
Nice we've got some information about Aizawa's past. He's one of the main charchters and this is the first episode focused on him.

All for One is very poverfull. He took almost dead person and created someone with similar quirk and completly diffrent personality.

Vacilion said:
Didn't understand much of this episode, I hope they can explain somethings better in the next episodes.

True, too much information in this episode.

daikyonr said:
notice how the old man in the last scene looks like the doctor that tested deku’s quirk

Yes, some people in the Internet have teories, that he stole Deku's quirk.
Aug 18, 2021 7:43 AM
Sep 2020
Episode was magnificent !!Love the way how the portray Aizawa seeing him getting Impatient and also crying upon seeing his friend/classmate/friend
Aug 19, 2021 1:49 AM

Aug 2021
Nice episode as compared to whole season

This whole Hawk thing looks like a buildup for the next season which I believe things would start to feel more energetic than the boring eps this season
Aug 19, 2021 10:52 AM
Jul 2019
I'm not sure why should I feel anything about their dead friend when I have just heard his name for the first time this episode ?

Also I can't believe that was just all about Endeavor's agency arc ? Absolutely underwhelming arc when you think about it. It just started then ended, nothing more.
Aug 19, 2021 1:11 PM
Jan 2018
el3mel said:
I'm not sure why should I feel anything about their dead friend when I have just heard his name for the first time this episode ?

Also I can't believe that was just all about Endeavor's agency arc ? Absolutely underwhelming arc when you think about it. It just started then ended, nothing more.

I feel it’s less so feeling for his friend, and more so feeling for Aizawa, as you watch him struggle to wrap his mind around what’s occurred.

I mean a character we’ve known for all 5 seasons as extremely stoic just breaking down in tears, enraged at what his friend’s body’s been turned into.

I thought it was quite an episode.
MaxxzsAug 19, 2021 1:16 PM
Aug 20, 2021 2:38 AM
Apr 2020
Wow, this season is really starting to ramp up now. The whole thing with Aizawa and Mic's friend, seeing the normally apathetic Aizawa so distressed almost made me cry.
And what the hell are they doing to Shigaraki? Could this make him become a hero or vigilante after the LOV tortures him?
Aug 20, 2021 6:08 PM

Mar 2016
The previous eps in this season were good, but this, this is just great, fucking brilliant! They adapted the chapter faithfully without much deviation and all the emotions hit hard, all in one ep!
The revelation that Kumogiri is Shirakumo, Aizawa's and Yamada's close friend, is a revelation 5 seasons in the making and man does it reveal much more than just his identity. 'Hospital' is Something so simple but so valuable, that hint alone will definitely be taken seriously by the hero agency.

I know that the anime has chosen to adapt a whole entire arc later, but it's time the anime gets to adapt this soon-to-be-aired arc, one that shall not be known as "My Heor Academia" but as "My Villain Academia"
I fervently hope that these last several eps alone will make up for an otherwise slow-paced arc, LET'S GO VILLAINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Aug 28, 2021 5:32 AM

Dec 2013
All Might pull all of his might into his symbol of sweets joke and everybody ignored it...

I feel like this episode would've hit harder if we knew a bit more about Shirakumo before this episode but seeing Aizawa and Present Mic get so emotional still hits fairly hard.

Shigaraki at the end was a wtf moment. There's a lot of explaining to do and thankfully it looks like it will start in the next episode.
Aug 28, 2021 1:49 PM
Jan 2021
This is quite interesting.

From the preview I was under the impression that this episode would be more about Class 1-A and what they learned from their Work Studies.

However, this episode had more to do with the past of Aizawa and Yamada, pertaining to an old friend known as Oboro Shirakumo.

He aspired to start a hero agency with the two after graduating and unfortunately while doing his work study with Shota Aizawa he died to a collapsing building. What's even worse is that his remains were used by AFO to create Kurogiri. That's all sorts of messed up. Luckily Shota and Present Mic were able to talk to their old friend and get the word "hospital" out of him in an attempt to locate Tomura Shigaraki.

I can't wait to see future developments with the story and I'm liking the title of the next episode, "My Villain Academia".
Aug 28, 2021 7:02 PM
Aug 29, 2021 2:25 AM

Aug 2020
Finally this season seems to be getting good, too bad it took them 19 episodes

「 𝕂𝕖𝕪 𝕥𝕙𝕒𝕥 𝕙𝕚𝕕𝕖𝕤 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕔𝕖𝕤 𝕠𝕗 𝕕𝕒𝕣𝕜𝕟𝕖𝕤𝕤, 𝕤𝕙𝕠𝕨 𝕞𝕖 𝕪𝕠𝕦𝕣 𝕥𝕣𝕦𝕖 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕞 」

Sep 4, 2021 12:59 AM

Feb 2021
Woah Kurogiri was Erasure and Mic's old buddy. Sad to see him being turned into a partial Nomu.

Looks like the Nomu's are being made by some crazy doctor in some weird ass hospital.

Also Shigaraki is going through some kind of treatment which will possibly enhance him, Also why does he have white hair?

Sep 4, 2021 1:00 AM

Feb 2021
tejxswx said:
I wanted ask, who gave Ochaco that allmight keychain? Pls tell

Deku ofcourse

[characterlimitcharacterlimitcharacterlimitcharacterlimitcharacterlimit]

Sep 7, 2021 3:21 PM

Mar 2010
Oh shit I love how dark this is getting o.o

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Sep 12, 2021 6:54 PM

Jan 2021
Hey wait a minute isn’t that the doctor who told Deku he was quirkless back in season 1 he’s with the league

Oct 9, 2021 11:35 AM

Mar 2019
Ohh ok, now I understand what happened with the arcs. So they just swapped the mva arc with this training arc, but we're still getting the mva arc in season 5, so that's good. This episode was actually great, also that ending scene looks scary.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Oct 15, 2021 3:31 AM
Apr 2018
"Answer him, SHIRAKUMO!"

They at least confirmed that NOMU is actually SHIRAKUMO, & that there maybe numerous NOMU out there genetically modified from a human.

Nov 1, 2021 11:14 PM
Anti-social One

Mar 2013
Even though it felt a tad rushed, got really worked up by Aizawa's seiyuu. Holy shIT. May have just made him my favourite character with like three lines. Does this make me a shoutacon? It feels like the first non-filler episode of the season.

Also for a minute, I thought they were saying his first name was Shoto like Todoroki lololol.
Nov 5, 2021 11:28 AM

Jan 2021
HOLY SHIT!! What a fantastic episode!! The emotionally heartbreaking interrogation part with Aizawa and Mike was executed so well that I still can't stop crying after finishing the ep💔😭. Man, this second half really picked up the pace and now its going BOOM with big revelations!!

P.s- That ending scene with Doc and Shigaraki, I always knew the league were planning something behind the scenes, and now its confirmed..😰

Dec 19, 2021 2:39 PM
EOussama

Dec 2016
Man, this was hard on my eyes and I'm no eraser.
Jan 1, 2022 8:42 AM

Feb 2018
Seeing Aizawa in such a state was sad.. they were a great trio, sadly fate had other plans for them
Jan 10, 2022 10:16 PM

Apr 2021
Whoa now that's a huge discovery concerning Nomu's....so there were human parts used huh....sounds really brutal....And it must have been hard for both Mike and Aizawa to confront Kurogiri but they did do their best and it was really sad :(

Also I have to talk about hawks he's so far done an amazing job in gathering intel and going into enemy territory at that....And also I'm hyped for the next episode since it's titled "My Villain Academia."
Jan 21, 2022 2:15 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Been enjoying season 5 as much as ever, but now that we're here touching on the Paranormal Liberation War arc, you get why everyone was itching for this. It does feel good to start progressing the real stuff finally again.

Perhaps they should've indeed cut in half the joint training arc at the beginning, and give more room for this. Score probably would've been significantly higher then.

NYANPASU
5700XT

Jan 22, 2022 4:34 AM

Mar 2015
Great episode, must've been very emotional for the two teachers!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Apr 11, 2022 3:21 PM
Jun 2020
Finally, a good episode.

Heartbreaking to see Aizawa cry

Also the last scene..
Aug 2, 2022 9:16 PM

Jun 2014
I never thought I'd ever see Aizawa cry. That really got to him.

Hopefully, what they put him through will pay off soon.

Oct 27, 2022 6:34 AM
Feb 2021
bit confusing but good
Jan 4, 2023 6:32 PM
Jul 2014
another intense episode omg

rip oboro u.u
what a painful past. i sometimes forget that the teachers were students once.
for this anime to bring up so much pain so randomly and suddenly is crazy. loved digging deeper into the lore of it all though.
it's giving obito vibes ngl

when oboro broke through tho ;^; soo emotional
seeing eraser cry is crazy too. never thought i'd see that
hopefully 'hospital' is enough of a hint because oboro really tried his best

i really want to know more about the nomus, like everyone else
what are they, where do they come from, WHO is making them, and WHYYYY

the ending with that mad scientist lookin guy omg my guess is that he's making them sdjfksj
tomura wtf?? the alien coming out of his abdomen???? are we not gonna talk about how he's straight out of a paranormal possession horror movie???
some real shit is going down behind the scenes and i don't like it
Jan 17, 2023 12:08 PM
Oct 2018
Finally some movement on the story. Unlike last 18 episodes
Mar 18, 2023 10:48 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Ouch what a revelation this episode has to be. First with Ochako, ehem, that's okay you maiden. The second with Kurogiri, his true identity under those purple haze. Then for the ultimate last revelation, the third, like, that's the crazy doctor whose also taking care of little Deku by saying thing which start this whole series. Yes that's must be right, not a newbie mistake xd. But ouch, its time for mha to start to catch up to the good moment already with the next mva arc? Better late than the sorry huh? Must be what they've been thinking when produce this season...
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Mar 20, 2023 10:56 AM
Feb 2020
Aizawa is a very interesting character, i love the fact that we got more lore about him!
Apr 1, 2023 4:57 AM

Apr 2013
Got a bit more info about the Nomu, so they are using dead people for ti somehow. Also Shigaraki is letting that crazy doctor experiment on him? Didn't see that coming.
Jun 10, 2023 7:57 PM

Oct 2019
A very poignant and emotional episode.. 😢
Oct 23, 2023 7:18 PM
Jun 2016
just wow, i never expect that to happen...
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 5th Season Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2021

202 by bapaejoget »»
Apr 18, 9:17 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 5th Season Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2021

193 by WolfWood37 »»
Apr 9, 12:55 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 5th Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2021

297 by WolfWood37 »»
Apr 7, 11:57 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 5th Season Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 11, 2021

293 by Yurisu »»
Mar 28, 4:39 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 5th Season Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2021

144 by oozePOP »»
Mar 15, 9:23 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.