Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 13, 2021 5:59 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Damn, those are no ordinary chess pieces.

This episode was okay, feels like a buildup with the mind games than the usual intense fantasy action. Also looks like Popp and his group are still on the move to complete their mission so I'm interested to see how they'll progress.
Aug 13, 2021 6:04 PM

Dec 2020
Very truthfull to the manga
Some new scene with Saboera
Not too much censorship (the Popp and Marin's scene is there w/o the panty)
it's a good transition episode
Aug 13, 2021 6:05 PM

Sep 2018
Well, almost 30 years waiting...

Only 3 episodes of Epic Challenge Arc but we had so much important things:
- Hyper Demon Hadlar's debut
- Dai vs Hyper Demon Hadlar round 1
- Demon Lord Vearn's first appearance
Aug 13, 2021 7:40 PM
Oct 2016
Dark King Vearn reveals himself, certainly doesn't look like an all powerful god from his appearance but one can feel his power. Hadlar thought for a second he could take things over, quickly changed his mind. Offering Hadlar those warriors made out of the same material as Dai sword makes him even more powerful. Which is something I didn't think possible. Hadlar can protect the home front in that field of death while these warriors go out to finish off Dai. Whom has new sword to thank for keeping him alive in the ice. Even with that crack in it the sword still protected him. Maybe fighting these warriors with that same material can supply Dai with more of it. Popp and Crocodine trying hard to find Dai, Popp definitely took it hard having to run away to get their help. Zaboera isn't happy being underappreciated so of course he's going to try and compensate which will be a pain to deal with while still trying to find Dai in the ice.
Aug 13, 2021 7:40 PM

Feb 2019
Lmaoo Hadlar really thought that because Vearn was old that shit was sweet. Nah, that age and seemingly frail looking body is hiding a lot of wisdom and experience. Glad we got to see a glimpse into that today
Aug 13, 2021 7:42 PM

Apr 2014
Dang man. This episode was pretty good. The preview of next episode seems exciting, I want time to move faster so I could continue watching the episodes in excitement. Vearn's appearance was freaking cool. Hadlar giving pieces to his army to fight is even more crazy especially they are Orichalcum which means they are going to be tough to beat. Looking forward to the preview of the next episode. Looks exciting. X3
Aug 13, 2021 8:02 PM

Jan 2009
so that is how King Vearn looks and he given some chess soldiers that are made of Orichalcum to Hadlar as his new servants, lets see how they fight next week
Aug 13, 2021 9:35 PM
Sep 2015
I've the same thought as Hadlar, Dark King Vearn is older than I expect. At first I imagine him to be around the same age as Baran (kinda hope for double DILF). But Vearn seems like one generation older than Baran.
Aug 13, 2021 10:46 PM

Dec 2020
great episode
but is that really what King Vearn looks like 😅
he looks so old and weak , i thought he would look like baran 😆

well , I'm not gonna judge a book by its cover
let's see what this god of mystery can do in the next episodes 😇
Aug 13, 2021 11:50 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Wow finally King Vearn's appearance and he's quite old and scary.
At least Dai is obviously alive, but now they have to find him and I guess it's gonna be really difficult
Aug 14, 2021 3:29 AM

Nov 2007
Main guy not able to be saved while recruitment. Friend guy felt guilty and KajiKaji's character, hurt badly and trying to recover, suggested to say things that made him recover fast, to get cure spell.

The boss looks old.

It seems like main guy is safe from the new sword.

Both sides preparing for fight. It seems like new group appearing next.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Aug 14, 2021 5:45 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Dai used Baran's Gigabreak in order to survive against Hadlar ultimate attack. I thought its just a mere raiden to counterattack.
Oh no. King Vearn finally revealed his face after such a long time. Shit getting real fast when your enemy already revealed his face. A great reward indeed to a mere Hadlar for all of his effort defeating Dai. Vearn looks very alike a classical friggin old character at most of shounen works. Looks frail, but, well, i trust Hadlar with his intuition there. After all, Hadlar was not the same Hadlar, he had more instinct as a super being to be trusted than before.

Next, Dai ofc still alive, and the others plan to attack Vearn's territory. But, more enemies incoming rather than being all rekted. The chess piece warriors. Zaboera? Why you are still there?
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Aug 14, 2021 5:51 AM
Dec 2014
Zaboera being forgotten from both human amd demon army part was hilarious lol, cant wait for next episode, one of my favorite character from manga makes first appearance too...XD
Aug 14, 2021 6:09 AM

May 2018
Great King Vearn smashes orichalum like nothing! No wonder he is the top of the top.
Aug 14, 2021 7:39 AM

May 2012
They changed Zaboera scene. In the manga, Zaboera was spying on them from his hideout using that Eye monster (I forget its name) and he got angry when no one mentioned his name.

Byniavo said:
Great King Vearn smashes orichalum like nothing! No wonder he is the top of the top.

Not all pieces of the chess were made from orichalum.

The non-orichalum pieces had darker color

The one that Vearn destroyed is not made from orichalum
thepathAug 15, 2021 2:33 AM
Aug 14, 2021 8:06 AM
Apr 2021
Finally after all this time we see the main villain this is exciting and the new soldier we gonna see next week looks dope!
Aug 14, 2021 9:20 AM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
So the Dark King Vearn has finally made an appearance and despite him looking so old he carries a very powerful aura. For a moment I thought he was human, but I guess he's something else. Hadlar is about to get some new minions in the form of several chess pieces.
Aug 14, 2021 3:30 PM
Jul 2018
The appearance of the demon king is with his face I thought the evil king was a monster or something like that in relation to his form, but he really has a body of an old man.
Aug 14, 2021 5:24 PM

Oct 2008
bwahaha Zaboera feeling so disappointed cuz he thinks that he doesn't matter anymore by Dark Lord Vearn-sama,.
w0w so this is the true looks of DL Vearn-sama! cool!
looks like Vearn-sama is offering something to Hadlar huh...
nice save by Crocodine! Popp still so annoying i hope he powers-up so he won't be annoying anymore.
5/5.

Aug 15, 2021 12:16 AM
Oct 2020
FINALLY VEARN FACE!
Aug 15, 2021 4:09 PM

Dec 2020

I am a bit disappointed in Vearn's design

he kinda looks like Saboera 😐

Aug 16, 2021 2:50 PM

Nov 2020
Another awesome episode, Vearn aparition was on fire, imposes a lot!
Sep 19, 2021 1:54 PM

Mar 2010
I'm surprised dai's sword became cracked, damn and here I was thinking that sword could cut anything.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Sep 20, 2021 4:49 AM
Oct 2019
It's all Poppu fault... lmao

finally the reveal of Vearn-sama.
not what i'm expecting at all.

More topics from this board

» NEW ANIME PROJECT CONFIRMED

SOSYBOI - Mar 11, 2023

12 by Illyricus »»
Apr 8, 6:53 AM

Poll: » Choose the best arc(s) in Dai no Daibouken!

DragonKnight92 - Oct 21, 2022

10 by Illyricus »»
Apr 8, 6:49 AM

Poll: » Dragon Quest: Dai no Daibouken (2020) Episode 32 Discussion

Stark700 - May 14, 2021

35 by Teirayo »»
Mar 30, 6:49 AM

Poll: » Dragon Quest: Dai no Daibouken (2020) Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 2, 2020

132 by MonkeyDKyle »»
Mar 27, 1:04 PM

Poll: » Dragon Quest: Dai no Daibouken (2020) Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 27, 2020

50 by Teirayo »»
Mar 27, 7:05 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.