Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Sep 22, 2022 1:15 PM
Apr 2021
good watch good animation and sound
Sep 23, 2022 8:13 AM
Jun 2021
ehhhhh it was ok whatver
Oct 12, 2022 5:01 PM

Feb 2019
A bit of a wasted movie.

The finisihing moves for Bakugo and Deku were awesome, but probably shouldn't have been wasted here - some of the animations would be much better in the main series.

The focus on planes for story and cool jumping sequences was awesome though
I am not a weeb, I simply enjoy 2D girls
Oct 17, 2022 1:05 PM
Jul 2020
Not the best of the three but still worth it.
Oct 21, 2022 10:43 AM
Sep 2017
Holy shit this was bad. I was bored from start to finish, the first movie was ass too but at least it had a decent ending. Also does Deku have brain damage or something? It's like he forgets he was quirkless. His whole speech about never giving up and how it doesn't matter if you have a quirk or not was cringe because of this when he's the embodiment of giving up.
Oct 21, 2022 10:55 PM

Aug 2019
Midoriya went full Spider-Man lmao. He has entered the Spiderverse. Nothing more than your friendly neighbourhood Deku.

The idea that some people find quirks bothersome never occurred to me before. However, the way they are implementing their ideology is completely incorrect. What they're doing to people is messed up. The suitcase switch was a complete coincidence, haha.

Never in my wildest dream did I think I would see the day Deku was wanted as a mass murderer.

The odd doomsday theory is a huge joke.
Rody is a very appealing character. I adore his personality. He had a difficult childhood as a result of his father abandoning them for the terrorist group. However, it turns out they kidnapped him and he helped creating a key to stop the triggers bomb.

I don't think it's a coincidence that Hawk was sent to America.

Anyways, I genuinely enjoyed watching this movie. I loved seeing Midoriya spending time with Rody. The song the was playing during their trip was pretty cool.
Oct 28, 2022 3:54 AM

Dec 2015
MHA at its most dull and boring. It did have some sparks here and there though, but generally very underwhelming.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Oct 28, 2022 10:34 PM

May 2012
While it wasn't a bad movie, I did find it rather underwhelming for one of the movies of this franchise. It felt just like any other story with some random new characters in a different location on this 'earth'.

All in all it was okay, but expected just a bit more after watching season 5 if I'm completely honest.
Nov 2, 2022 12:39 PM
Nov 2015
The plot was not as strong as the first two. I liked Rody's character, and the premise was interesting but I feel like the third act could have been executed better.
Nov 11, 2022 10:20 PM

Dec 2013
This was the weakest movie so far. Rody was an ok character and the fights were as cool as ever but that's about it. The entire humarise organisation was dumb with its stupid beliefs and ridiculous numbers.
Dec 27, 2022 10:47 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
This was so underwhelmingly lame.
Dec 28, 2022 12:54 PM
Jan 2014
Pretty good. I thought it was gonna be worse but the pacing keeped me hooked till the end
Jan 13, 2023 1:51 AM
Jan 2023
It had amazing animation and overall good story progression
Jan 28, 2023 12:50 AM
Jan 2023
best mha movie loved it and the carecter devolopment was good
Mar 12, 2023 4:20 PM
Jan 2021
Out of the three current movies. The second movie is definitely my favorite. This one has great action and animation and it showcases a different side of certain characters (mainly Bakugo), but in terms of an interesting story, I'm not so interested.

I get why all of the heroes are separated into different countries, but because of that there's no connection between them all and everything felt a little bit scattered to me when I take a second to think about it.

However the best part of the movie in my opinion is Rody Soul and his relationship with Deku. As the series progressed, we learn that he aspired to become a pilot, but due to having to take care of his siblings, Rori and Lola, he was forced to help with crimes in order to provide for the two of them. The angle of the police commissioner being a member of Humarise makes the whole "Deku is a mass murderer" thing make sense. I was just as shocked as everyone else. I'm glad all of Deku's classmates knew that he didn't actually do that. I'm upset there were some who actually thought Deku would kill innocent people. Bro, nobody in any hero course has killed someone in the show.

As Rody is with Deku, he realizes that maybe heroes aren't what he thought they were. There are definitely true heroes who prioritize saving people over getting paid.

Then we learn about the contents of the case. Of course, Deku, Bakugo, and Todoroki are the ones who have to go into the Humarise HQ and stop this bomb. Deku, Bakugo, or Todoroki are always at the forefront of these types of things despite only having Provisional Licenses. Speaking of, this made me realize that Shoto, Bakugo, and Deku are the Big 3 of Class 1-A. 

The constant shift in music during Deku's fight with the leader, Flect Turn honestly enhanced the fight exponentially and really drew me in. I'm not surprised that Deku couldn't just use Full Cowling at 5% like usual. Him needing to go Full Power at the end if a trope of these movies. At the end of the day, the one who truly saved the day was Rody Soul and his quirk, Pino. 

Speaking of, I knew that Rody's quirk was going to be revealed later in the movie when they cut that conversation off in the middle. I also knew that despite Rody bleeding on the ground, Pino would come in clutch and save the day. 

Now Rody is living an honest life in Otheon and everything in Japan is back to how it was in Season 5. 

I wonder if there will be a fourth movie coming...
Apr 3, 2023 12:04 PM
Feb 2020
In the end i was fallling asleep, not because it was boring, but because i was tired so much from today.... I should just rewatch the last 15 minutes....
Apr 5, 2023 12:22 PM

Apr 2013
At first I thought that organization was interesting, basically the opposite of the liberation army of the last season. But then they had soooo many quirk users... a few would've been understandable, but it was like 50% quirk users. Imagine the kuklux clan having 50% black people lol
And then the boss himself also has a strong quirk? So these people follow someone cursed? Yeah, that was a bit too much, definitely the weakest movie so far. Which makes sense, since it followed after the weakest season so far as well.
May 7, 2023 10:59 AM
Jan 2023
I like the end fights, shoto's ,bakugou's and deku's
May 20, 2023 5:07 PM

Nov 2012
definitely a weaker outing than the last two movies, but still a good movie overall.
I have a third testicle that gives me psychic powers
Sep 27, 2023 9:08 AM
May 2021
Was a well-thought-out Film. Though the second film was better executed.
Oct 30, 2023 9:16 AM

Oct 2018
I am torn between this and the previous movie being the best from this franchise. The main villain once again has an extremely boring quirk though. It had lots of action, of course, a lot of this action doesn't go anywhere but Teraoka's boards make them entertaining.

Alos why didn't the black suits get used in the movie?
Nov 22, 2023 8:27 AM

Mar 2019
This movie was really cool! pure fun. āœ§ā ā—ā (ā ā°ā ā–æā ā°ā )ā ā—œā āœ§
Dec 25, 2023 8:56 PM

Jan 2012
Hmmm....well, I liked it better than the second film, I'll say that much for it. The primary villain and threat wasn't really as good as I'd have liked. Mirror reflecting powers? Really? But I actually did like Deku's little speech he gave to him during the final battle, though Deku's actual finishing attack crossed over from over-the-top cool to over-the-top silly imo. As far as showcasing Class 1-A was concerned this was probably the worst of the three films too, though there was a token effort taken to do so via the bombs scattered across the world. So why did I like this more than the second film? Well it's simple really, I actually greatly enjoyed the Rody character and his role in the story. Inserting one-off movie characters like him into a franchise movie like this is never easy and rarely works, but honestly all of the scenes I really liked had him in them. I liked the Alfred Hitchcock-esque characters on the lam mistaken identity plot with him and Deku. Did I really just compare this film to Hitchcock? Goodness. But those road trip scenes with the insert song were my favorite part of the film. And his role in the finale even managed to get me a bit emotional, so what the hell? That this film had less Bakugo screen-time than the last, a character I find extremely grating at best and unwatchable at worst, certainly helped too. It's been awhile since I watched the first film, but I see that I gave it a 7/10. I'm only giving this a 6, but I strongly suspect if I re-watched the first film I'd like it less than I did this one, which is more of an indictment on it than praise for this I suppose, huh? Oh well. Rody spin-off when?
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» Rank the three MHA movies, from your favourite to least favourite

eclipsesonic - Nov 11, 2021

21 by APolygons2 »»
Mar 29, 10:31 PM

» Justice for Rody

Kurokewi - Oct 31, 2021

11 by JVskunkape »»
May 20, 2023 5:15 PM

» so... about deku's one for all usage...

psyche-K - Apr 11, 2023

16 by J_Vaso »»
Apr 20, 2023 10:25 AM

» The longest 5 mins ever

mechian - Oct 31, 2021

10 by CickNipolla »»
Aug 27, 2022 2:14 AM

» THIS IS PEAK ANIMATION/SAKUGA

Plopop - Feb 17, 2022

17 by CickNipolla »»
Aug 27, 2022 2:11 AM
Itā€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.