Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Aug 6, 2021 11:04 PM

Jun 2021
I've heard that there's not a definate order to watch and each will give spoilers for others so are the spoilers major or small small ?
Aug 6, 2021 11:18 PM
Feb 2021
I finished the series and I can't remember what where the spoilers can someone tell what1 does fate zero and UBW spoil
Aug 6, 2021 11:33 PM
Oct 2020
Yo_ItzChika said:
I've heard that there's not a definate order to watch and each will give spoilers for others so are the spoilers major or small small ?

If i can recall i remember in UBW spoils the ending for fate/zero
Aug 6, 2021 11:39 PM
Mar 2021
Fate zero spoils a bit of heaven's feel and UBW spoils the ending of fate zero
Aug 6, 2021 11:48 PM
Dec 2020
NitinKumar10224 said:
Spoilers for fate zero don't really matter anyway since its meant to be watched as a prequel
Aug 6, 2021 11:51 PM

Aug 2020
They're not that big spoilers imo. If u want to watch fate then watch from the 2006 anime but if u think it's too bad then u can skip it without much consequences and then want ubw, zero and Heaven's feel in that exact order
Aug 6, 2021 11:52 PM
Mar 2021
Kingcatzak said:
NitinKumar10224 said:
Spoilers for fate zero don't really matter anyway since its meant to be watched as a prequel

Even if its a prequel, fate zero has it's own story which is better than UBW and heaven's feel imo
Aug 7, 2021 2:03 AM

Aug 2019
Anything Fate/stay night obviously spoils Fate/Zero, because the events of Fate/stay night happen later chronologically.
Fate/Zero kinda spoils a bit of Heavens Feel's revelations about certain characters' pasts, and the reason for that is the fact that we get to see a bit of that past in Fate/Zero, since it's a prequel. I personally would say those spoilers are small, but hardcore Fate fans will probably disagree with me.
Aug 7, 2021 2:58 AM
Oct 2020
Honestly I watched F/0 first and the spoilers are so minimal that it doesn't nearly impact your experience as much as people say it does. The "twist" that Fate/Zero spoils is one of the weaker parts in Heavens Feel and I'd say to watch Fate/Zero first because the thing that gets spoiled is absolutely phenomenal. However, this is Fate so a billion people are gonna tell you random things
Aug 7, 2021 3:17 AM

Jan 2017
Yo_ItzChika said:

There's no definite watch order because people are stupid. Even if we were to get a remake of the Fate Route by Ufotable , they would still debate about Zero being the first or last entry to watch.

All /Stay Night (Including the Fate Route , 2006 Anime) spoil the end of Zero , so it's a major spoiler , but it's how it was meant to be experienced , so nothing to fear. (It is considered as a masterpiece by many because it's still exhilarating even if we know the end.)

Zero spoil a lot of twists from all /Stay Night (Including Fate Route) , from "small" ones to big ones , but since a lot of Anime-Onlies start with Zero and have no real problem with it , i'd say it will be ok. (Even if i don't like this idea at all , as it's not how the Author imagined is work.)

TomPalm said:
The "twist" that Fate/Zero spoils is one of the weaker parts in Heavens Feel

Thing is , it's supposed to be the biggest part , the complete reveal of an unexpected side of a , until now , "random" character , the majority of the route is about this.
Alexioos95Aug 7, 2021 3:22 AM
"Genius lives only one storey above madness."
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

"Stupidity is a talent for misconception."
– Edgar Allan Poe.

"I'm tired... & hungry."
– Alexioos95.
Aug 7, 2021 3:42 AM

Jul 2017
zero is a prequel, ube and heavens feel are alternate universe sequels. I have yet to watvh hf but imo zero can stand on its foot by itself even if other series didnt exist, id start with zero since id call it masterpiece easily
Aug 7, 2021 3:58 AM
Oct 2020
Alexioos95 said:
Yo_ItzChika said:

There's no definite watch order because people are stupid. Even if we were to get a remake of the Fate Route by Ufotable , they would still debate about Zero being the first or last entry to watch.

All /Stay Night (Including the Fate Route , 2006 Anime) spoil the end of Zero , so it's a major spoiler , but it's how it was meant to be experienced , so nothing to fear. (It is considered as a masterpiece by many because it's still exhilarating even if we know the end.)

Zero spoil a lot of twists from all /Stay Night (Including Fate Route) , from "small" ones to big ones , but since a lot of Anime-Onlies start with Zero and have no real problem with it , i'd say it will be ok. (Even if i don't like this idea at all , as it's not how the Author imagined is work.)

TomPalm said:
The "twist" that Fate/Zero spoils is one of the weaker parts in Heavens Feel

Thing is , it's supposed to be the biggest part , the complete reveal of an unexpected side of a , until now , "random" character , the majority of the route is about this.

I do see what you mean especially playing the VN, but for an anime only I think that subplot kinda gets overshadowed in the movies because they're so flashy and they want to show off the fight scenes more than have the emotional moments. I do like it as it involves two great characters in their own right but in hindsight I probably would have enjoyed it less if it wasn't "spoiled" by Zero as I think it's kind of rushed as the movies are compared to the source material. I did watch them before playing the VN so maybe that's why haha
Aug 7, 2021 4:01 AM

Jul 2020
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1866055 check out this thread and you'll be perfectly fine.

Scordolo's Recent Reviews
To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Aug 7, 2021 3:47 PM
Nov 2020
Fate/ Zero is more of a foreshadowing of events and less of spoiling events, The stay night route( 2006, UBW, HF) they all spoil Zero. (Recommend order) I watched Fate/ Zero, UBW, HF and I felt like I understood the story as it progressed. And then I went back and watched it in intended order and while watching it, I felt like I knew part of the story and when I got to zero the story was practically already revealed( Granted it could have been because I already watched it)
Aug 8, 2021 9:11 AM

May 2015
Just watch it. The only thing people should know going into Zero is that its just there for context towards every FSN route and not the main story. People get too worked up if someone follows the order wrong but all it does is steer away newcomers. All of the anime including Zero are flawed in some way. The only "correct" order is to read the VN.

Sep 15, 2021 12:07 AM
Jan 2020
This misconception is really starting to drive me insane. Stay night does not spoil zero. Zero is a prequel. Prequels expect you to watch the original before you watch them. The writer for zero specifically said that the fate route, ubw, and hf are required in order to watch zero. You watch prequels for how it happened and not for what happened. It is absolutely not the intended order to watch Zero first. First, Zero was written after FSN. It relies heavily on the audience knowing things from FSN. Many scenes lose their impact if the audience doesn't know certain things.

The definitive watch order is the fate route(visual novel only), unlimited blade works(visual novel or anime), heaven's feel(visual novel or anime), zero, and then anything you want to watch after that. You sadly can't watch 2006 as a replacement for the visual novel because it messes up Shiro's characterization. If you don't feel like downloading the visual novel, you can just look up a walkthrough on youtube.

If you want more information about why this is the best order, talk to the redditor known as ThatOtherStriker. Here's a link to his profile! They know a lot more about fate than I do.
maho_shojo_aiOct 26, 2021 6:02 PM
No Game no Life season 2 officially announced.
You need to be an MAL supporter in order to view the rest of my signature.

More topics from this board

» The ufotable Production

BigHomieTrapa - Apr 11

2 by Alexioos95 »»
Apr 15, 1:53 AM

Poll: » Fate/Zero Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

a6342164 - Oct 29, 2011

459 by JacobRitacco »»
Mar 15, 12:23 AM

Poll: » Fate/zero Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Oct 1, 2011

698 by damnit_tomioka »»
Mar 9, 1:25 AM

» Who's your favorite servant?

Ms_Muffin - Feb 19

47 by JohnZ_GGs »»
Feb 28, 5:46 PM

» Im about to start this but confused

TabutcuEmmi - Feb 7

44 by RulyKinkajou59 »»
Feb 10, 3:21 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.