Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Aug 5, 2021 7:58 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Finally, some more lighthearted moments in this show with some baseball. If there's anything to learn from this episode, it's not to underestimate Satoko when she's batting.

Satoko's uncle also makes another episode but that's quite a sensitive side he showed. Didn't expect him to cry and hug her like that.

Jul 2017
We finally get to the long 5-parter that is Tatariakashi-hen: Tataridamashi-hen's answer arc.

There's more context between the sided conversations that is Satoko-Eua and Rika-Hanyuu (which Rika acknowledges her as Oyashiro-sama), this dice game cannot be stopped. Eua makes the condition of referencing Rika like a cat: if Satoko manages to force Rika the hand of death, then Tataridamashi will continue, but if otherwise, will Nekodamashi make an appearance as the alternative route? Whatever words are exchanged between Satoko and Rika, this will not end well for Rika who still has to suffer on Satoko's bidding. Satoko, did you just blip out the beginnnig sequence of Satokowashi-hen? Yes she did, to reassure and quell her nightmares.

Other than that, it's Part 1 of 5 of Tataridamashi-hen replicated, but with the fact that the question arc is known by everyone for the most part with the baseball game and the victory meal of tormenting Satoko to their liking which rubs the girls the hilariously wrong way. Satoko is spending more time with her uncle Teppei, and her mahjong skills are magically impeccable (getting Thirteen Wonders a.k.a 十三么 is considered the rarest mahjong hand). And Teppei whisking his niece back to the same safehouse (that's just like how Part 1 ended), now is also founded with the aspect of Oyashiro-sama (the dam project) that's bound to threaten Hinamizawa. Satoko is really sus though with the emotional manipulation of her Uncle Teppei, and I can't wait to see what will happen next.

NGL, Rika's house still gives me the chills, even looking back in Gou of the known aftermath. Admit it, we're all like Eua, enjoying this loop of depravity.
KANLen09Aug 5, 2021 9:26 AM

Feb 2018
- Back again to the world of fragments,. Satoko and Eua-san, Satoko are lucky because Satoko died after Rika died. If Satoko messes up or Satoko dies first it can mess up.
- Rika and Hanyu, Rika was only surprised because the villain for the previous world was Mion. It looks like Rika is really desperate because she has to repeat this world over and over again.
- new world, all bullshit, this repetition is just because Rika doesn't love Hinamizawa, lol.
- Club activity, playing baseball.... Looper vs Looper.
- Eua seems to be interested in Keiichi, the fact in Kai that works wonders is Keiichi.... Keiichi could remember his previous world, even though it was a miracle.
- Actually, Satoko and Teppei's relationship is fine, but Satoko makes Teppei as a villain.
- Satoko played a good act, that cry. Rika was completely fooled by Satoko's acting, Eua-san who was watching the fragments of the world laughed seeing this.

Aug 5, 2021 8:58 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Seriously Satoko xD her discussion with Rika at the beginning was already quite scary for her behavior but now she's intentionally re-creating the initial bad situation with Teppei even though he's peaceful now, damn, I want to see how things will evolve with Rika now, it's more and more interesting
Aug 5, 2021 9:18 AM

Feb 2019
Satoko has become so cold and calculated it’s wild looking at her development. She’s nowhere near the weak little girl that needed protecting in the past. I almost even feel bad for her uncle with how cold she is to him despite him simping for her lmao. She’s doing a good job of breaking rika emotionally. First planting doubts in her head at the beginning of the ep and now taking away her biggest emotional support.

I wonder what Eua’s endgame is tho.
Marinate1016Aug 5, 2021 9:22 AM
Aug 5, 2021 9:26 AM

Nov 2008
Is Satoko being a raging psychopathic cunt supposed to be, like, interesting? The plot has been stuck there for like 20 episodes and there's still nothing new happening.
Aug 5, 2021 9:33 AM
Aug 2016
Keirik said:
Is Satoko being a raging psychopathic cunt supposed to be, like, interesting? The plot has been stuck there for like 20 episodes and there's still nothing new happening.

The plot advances slowly but it's not a problem for me, since i found really entertaining the novel arcs get twisted
Aug 5, 2021 9:33 AM

Jan 2021
Teppei in sotsu is lowkey a S tier
Just watch anime instead of looking at forums
Aug 5, 2021 9:34 AM
Aug 2016
KANLen09 said:
We finally get to the long 5-parter that is Tatariakashi-hen: Tataridamashi-hen's answer arc.

There's more context between the sided conversations that is Satoko-Eua and Rika-Hanyuu (which Rika acknowledges her as Oyashiro-sama), this dice game cannot be stopped. Eua makes the condition of referencing Rika like a cat: if Satoko manages to force Rika the hand of death, then Tataridamashi will continue, but if otherwise, will Nekodamashi make an appearance as the alternative route? Whatever words are exchanged between Satoko and Rika, this will not end well for Rika who still has to suffer on Satoko's bidding. Satoko, did you just blip out the beginnnig sequence of Satokowashi-hen? Yes she did, to reassure and quell her nightmares.

Other than that, it's Part 1 of 5 of Tataridamashi-hen replicated, but with the fact that the question arc is known by everyone for the most part with the baseball game and the victory meal of tormenting Satoko to their liking which rubs the girls the hilariously wrong way. Satoko is spending more time with her uncle Teppei, and her mahjong skills are magically impeccable (getting Thirteen Wonders a.k.a 十三么 is considered the rarest mahjong hand). And Teppei whisking his niece back to the same safehouse (that's just like how Part 1 ended), now is also founded with the aspect of Oyashiro-sama (the dam project) that's bound to threaten Hinamizawa. Satoko is really sus though with the emotional manipulation of her Uncle Teppei, and I can't wait to see what will happen next.

NGL, Rika's house still gives me the chills, even looking back in Gou of the known aftermath. Admit it, we're all like Eua, enjoying this loop of depravity.

Wait, how'd you know it's a 5 episodes arc? From the leaks?
Aug 5, 2021 9:34 AM

Apr 2018
My hatred of Satoko just keeps growing for every episode
Aug 5, 2021 9:36 AM

Jul 2008
Hebi_op said:
KANLen09 said:

Wait, how'd you know it's a 5 episodes arc? From the leaks?

The official site lists four blu-ray volumes. The volumes are split by arc. Volume 3 is five episodes.
Aug 5, 2021 9:38 AM

Nov 2008
Hebi_op said:
Keirik said:

The plot advances slowly but it's not a problem for me, since i found really entertaining the novel arcs get twisted

Yeah but like we already went through that in Gou and Gou already pulled the veil and showed us how the sausage was made in Satokowashi-hen. Sotsu has given us nothing new to go off of except for how Satoko got a gun and how Satoko manipulated Teppei into coming back. That first one barely matters and the second one only gives a "how" to a "what" and "why" that we already knew.
Aug 5, 2021 9:49 AM
Feb 2013
Okay, Satoko's uncle, Teppei, it was honestly alright to hate him in the last series. He was made to be scum and was scum that time around. This time around, he is trying to be a good man. Every time we see the series through his eyes, he is trying to redeem himself. Even the episode plays with it. We just had this expectation of him being bad, and we automatically thought that. However, I don't think Satoko used Hinamizawa Syndrome on Teppei. The anime showed that she only takes one vial of the drug, and this arc ended with Oishi killing everyone. So, I am curious as to what leads Teppei to attempt to kill Keiichi. Because I don't think Teppei was infected with the drug, but extremely well manipulated into it.
ZackNero03Aug 5, 2021 9:59 AM
Aug 5, 2021 9:56 AM

May 2020
Just like the last few EPs this was alright. Still even without the leaks this is pretty weak,

Teppei being this nice doesn't make that much sense to me. Remember He doesn't like Satoko, or even love her. He's scared of dying alone and unloved, I would expect him to take him to be more... Mellow? I'm not sure how else to describe it.

Oh well. Satoko dominating with her mad looper skillz is fun to watch at least.
Aug 5, 2021 10:01 AM

Nov 2017
Satoko is definitely going to take full advantage of what her uncle said. She's doing a nice job of breaking Rika down and those eyes are terrifying no matter how many times I see 'em

May 2020
ZackNero03 said:
Okay, Satoko's uncle, Hojo, it was honestly alright to hate him in the last series. He was made to be scum and was scum that time around. This time around, he is trying to be a good man. Every time we see the series through his eyes, he is trying to redeem himself.
Even the episode plays with it. We just had this expectation of him being bad, and we automatically thought that. However, I don't think Satoko used Hinamizawa Syndrome on Hojo. The anime showed that she only takes one vial of the drug, and this arc ended with Oishi killing everyone. So, I am curious as to what leads Hojo to attempt to kill Keiichi. Because I don't think Hojo was infected with the drug, but extremely well manipulated into it.

Keichii spearheaded the effort to seperate Satoko from Teppei. When he didn't really harm her. why wouldn't Teppei dislike him?

Besides, maybe Keichii hallucinated the entire thing, and was just bonked on the head by a trap Satoko set up in advance. HS in GouSotsu has a mind of its own after all.
*hug noises*

May 2013
This is some fucked level of manipulation by Satoko lol. Talk about playing the victim
Aug 5, 2021 10:05 AM

Sep 2011
Now THIS was an episode. Oh my goodness So, I have a theory. They stressed the importance of Satoko dying AFTER Rika in order to follow her. So when we finally get back to Satoko with Gun-kun, I think either Mion Keiichi or Rena will disarm Satoko, and somehow someway Satoko will get killed than get transferred to a world without our Rika, and then Rika will reset into a world with regular, non crazy, power having Satoko, and then she’ll be able to continue her life normally once again. While evil Satoko suffers. Either that, or Rika will murk Satoko with the sword that kills loopers and Evil Satoko will cease to exist THEN Rika will be able to live out her life normally once again.
As far as the episode goes…Satoko is really a horrible human being. I loved the dialog between Rika and Satoko at the beginning of the episode because both parties were choosing their words very carefully. Satoko was talking vaguely pushing Rika into the thought process she wanted her to have without revealing that she knows exactly why she’s having those nightmares and attributing it to Rika being disobedient, and Rika was talking very carefully to avoid any statements that could allude to her being a 100 year old looper, and knowing that these nightmares aren’t nightmares, but realities that shes lived through, but of course she can’t reveal that information. Satoko CLEARLY sees how much turmoil Rika is going through and how hard she’s trying to save face, but the only thing she can think about is “that’s right Rika…suffer. Suffer until you submit into my utopian vision of a forever Hinamizawa lifestyle” keep dropping breadcrumbs like “are you SUUURE you didn’t do anything to upset the gods?” Rika is like “no. I’m a good girl!” And Satoko took that as bait. (Okay. So this is the game we’re playin? Guess I gotta whip you into shape even more) but overall I just thought the dialog was masterfully handled with lots of dramatic irony)

she’s really manipulating Teppei. I knew it I Knew It I KNEW IT! I called it way back in Gou after the Satoko reveal. That she probably told Teppei she was being bullied and that she lured Keiichi to her house to get kurked. Falsified all the abuse. And we’re seeing it all unfold her! Sotsu succeeds when it does stuff like THIS! With Higurashi Ni, every answer arc added new perspective and completely warped your mind about what you thought you knew. With Sotsus answer arcs, I feel like after we found out Satoko was the villain, all the stuff in Gou can be written off as her doing, which has been true! But half of the answer arcs have been almost the exact same as the question arcs. Just “lol Satoko inserted herself right here” with the exceptions being the answer arc we got where we saw where Satoko got her gun from and this one. I wanna the behind the scenes stuff! Not retread what we already know.

overall great episode! Got me pumped
Aug 5, 2021 10:12 AM
Feb 2013
Chargecoulomb said:
ZackNero03 said:
Okay, Satoko's uncle, Hojo, it was honestly alright to hate him in the last series. He was made to be scum and was scum that time around. This time around, he is trying to be a good man. Every time we see the series through his eyes, he is trying to redeem himself.
Even the episode plays with it. We just had this expectation of him being bad, and we automatically thought that. However, I don't think Satoko used Hinamizawa Syndrome on Hojo. The anime showed that she only takes one vial of the drug, and this arc ended with Oishi killing everyone. So, I am curious as to what leads Hojo to attempt to kill Keiichi. Because I don't think Hojo was infected with the drug, but extremely well manipulated into it.

Keichii spearheaded the effort to seperate Satoko from Teppei. When he didn't really harm her. why wouldn't Teppei dislike him?

Besides, maybe Keichii hallucinated the entire thing, and was just bonked on the head by a trap Satoko set up in advance. HS in GouSotsu has a mind of its own after all.

Yea, but disliking someone to straight up murder is a big leap. Maybe not that big in this anime, but still a leap. However, hallucinating an attack, that is interesting. That said, I don't see that playing out either.
Aug 5, 2021 10:13 AM

Jul 2017
Manipulating Satoko is best Satoko <3
Aug 5, 2021 10:31 AM

Aug 2019
Today I learnt that She has a fetish on decoy protagonists.
Aug 5, 2021 10:56 AM
May 2015
Lol. But in all interest, I think Keiichi is gonna get destroyed in someway but I also think that Eua is just curious about each individual person of Satoko's club. She went very in-depth about Mion as well as showing interest in Rena.
Aug 5, 2021 10:59 AM

Jul 2015
Keirik said:
Hebi_op said:

Yeah but like we already went through that in Gou and Gou already pulled the veil and showed us how the sausage was made in Satokowashi-hen. Sotsu has given us nothing new to go off of except for how Satoko got a gun and how Satoko manipulated Teppei into coming back. That first one barely matters and the second one only gives a "how" to a "what" and "why" that we already knew.

Literally nothing has happened in seven episodes of Sotsu, just a foregone conclussion of what we already knew. This is as dumb as if the original Higurashi had made answer arcs for Onikakushi and Tatarigoroshi; it's unnecessary when you get a grasp of what happens in the overall plot.

Also I really can't buy the 360 degrees personality change of Teppei. Is Satoko just falling on the universes where he's all about love and peace and chicken grease or what? It's ridiculous, and the plot of this episode is very stupid when you consider that the obvious sensible option for Teppei would have been to make Satoko live with him in Okinomiya rather than moving out to a city where everyone hates him and supposedly hate Satoko too.
Aug 5, 2021 11:17 AM

Aug 2009
Oh wow, ends up that the context for the leaks is actually worse than we thought. Instead of Satoko somewhat regretting something, she just faked everything.

TBH it is our fault for expecting something out of it.

Eua is just getting into my nerves. She only exists to mocks us and try to convince us that whatever Satoko is doing is interesting to watch.

And congratz on the series explaining to us AGAIN, that Satoko shouldnt die before Rika, even tho she has killed herself countless times for bs reasons or her plans.

Why is Teppei his old self when it matters for the plot? Oh right...

Great writing Ryuukishi or whoever made this bullshit.
Aug 5, 2021 11:28 AM

Jul 2012
Wholesome Uncle T deserves more love. The poor dude is trying so hard to make up for the shitty bastard he once was, and alas, Satoko has other plans for him either way.

So far, we got quite a few of the leaked scenes, some of which have a totally different context from what people were assuming, nothing new in the horizon lmao

Doomposters will still doompost and shit on it in any sort of way they can anyway, they don't really care about the quality in this really, they just want people to hear how much they hate this without ever saying a positive thing, so there's that too.... but I digress!

This arc is likely to be the most important one in this series, and this episode already started pretty interestingly. No Opening this week, instead we are brought to a exposition scene regarding what DOES happen in case Satoko doesn't follow through in this "game" of hers. Were she to die before the Rika she is looping with, it won't only mean that she loses the Rika that is continuously looping, but also that she will be sent to a kakera in which Rika doesn't exist at all.

That escalates quite a bit the risks from Satoko's side of the board in here, but until now, she seemed nigh omnipotent, and if she failed in dying after Rika, she could just try again with a new Rika ad infinitum. This changes a lot of things going forward. Another thing to notice is that she cannot back down from the game no matter what, until I guess Rika submits? Maybe that's the condition.

Rika comments on how the triggers are just not working even though they should, given what happened when things first started going her way in the OG series, by giving the doll to Mion, and further keeps asking just what Hanyuu can possibly do, a so called divine ancestor of hers to help other than tell her to think harder about what she does know. Hanyuu being Hanyuu basically, she will mostly apologize even when she could have helped much more, in the past (isn't the case here, but still, very reminiscent of her usual attitude, now that she actually can, seemingly, only hope for her best haha

Seems like Satoko had a similar conversation to the one in Nekodamashi as early as Tataridamashi, Rika at that point breaking already. And as the villain, this ep is honestly this is her as the peak of her despicability, what a damn bastard our yellow gremlin turned out to be lol

She clearly has a "God Syndrome" (pun intended) going on in here, and her self inflated ego has never been as high as right now, even going as far as to attriibuting Oyashiro's curse as a message from herself as Oyashiro-sama. She is straight playing God at all costs to make Rika submit, and truly doesn't seem to bat an eye to the poor girl's ongoing suffering from it.

But what she says remind us of some interesting implications however.

1- Oyashiro-sama as she intends may just be how she refers to herself as to try and make Rika submit, but what if that's EXACTLY what is going on in here? Let's say, an "Oyashiro-sama" figure using Satoko in the most convenient time to do so in order to make her Rika stay in Hinamizawa, for whatever purpose they may have?

2- Satoko's conversation with Eua still don't hint us just yet on what their contract with each other may truly be (we still don't know her condition), but it seems like she can add in conditions herself in the "Game" that started with Oniakashi at will. What if those conditions are making things amusing for her to watch, at will? And that she can just add in new rules and ask for confirmation from Satoko, as if waiting for better suggestions she may have. We truly don't know yet what was Eua's sole condition.

3- Regarding the fact that she cannot back down from the game no matter what, until I guess Rika submits, and the fact that on itself that may be a condition. What if she does submit and Eua still won't stop the loops?

Regarding the Teppei half, I'll write a bit more later about my thoughts and theories.

This ep had the most relevant piece of info we've got from Eua since Gou 23 tbh

Very interesting/5
Aug 5, 2021 11:38 AM

Jan 2013
Wow could this actually be a good arc for the first time in this sequel? Honestly if I ignore prior bullshit and character's motivations, it's actually pretty fun watching Satoko manipulate her uncle and I'm genuinely curious how this goes.

If I remember correctly this is the one where Ooishi shot up the festival after arresting Teppei which means Satoko probably injected Ooishi and busted her uncle out before sending him to attack Keiichi? Or something to that effect.
Aug 5, 2021 11:54 AM

Aug 2009
Danpmss said:

Doomposters will still doompost and shit on it in any sort of way they can anyway, they don't really care about the quality in this really, they just want people to hear how much they hate this without ever saying a positive thing, so there's that too.... but I digress!
Ryukishi wankers will praise and love this in any sort of way they can anyway, they don't really care about the quality in this really, they just want people to hear how much they love this without ever saying a negative thing, so there's that too.... but I digress!

Also you havent really read our posts if you think we never said anything positive. But I dont expect from WTC fanboys to be unbiased so what can we do....
ssjokgAug 5, 2021 12:36 PM
Aug 5, 2021 11:54 AM

Jun 2012
A lot of Satoko this episode. She's a fun villain; that veiled discussion she had with Rika was especially good.

Teppei has become outright lovable, I am seriously rooting for him now. Satoko can play him like a fiddle so she probably won't even need to use the needle to get him to attack Keichi.

Hope we get to see Oishi's decent into madness in the next episode.
Shoot first, think never.
Aug 5, 2021 12:06 PM

Mar 2012
Keirik said:
Hebi_op said:

The production quality is higher and we actually get to SEE all the stuff we didn't, such as the murders in the last arc. Moon's death was amazing, imo. I understand that the Sotsu may not give a ton of new big plot points, but i feel like what it does give is more than enough for me
Aug 5, 2021 12:33 PM
May 2021

Give it a rest R07 isn't gonna give you his phone number.

I was praising Gou at the start but halfway it just genuinely hasn't felt great at all, then up to now it's only become more clear to me why. It just FEELS shallow and the only people praising it so far are just "ooh ah look at this it's like walking through a spooky mansion with jumpscares 10/10 I'm easily impressed!"

Well not EVERYONE is so easily impressed just because psycho yandere bitch continues being pure trash. Also stop acting like everyone in the world who DOESN'T treat this like it's a masterpiece is some kind of filthy pleb who just isn't high IQ enough to get it.

It's a show reduced to loli torture porn that sells merchandise like half-naked Rena/Mion now. BRUH, it's not that deep anymore give it a rest. Any deeper meaning to this show was gone from the start.
Aug 5, 2021 12:57 PM

May 2020
Went through Umineko Saku's Last Note,I had no idea that a translation existed, but it did???

https://github.com/07th-mod/umineko-saku

A pretty nice epilogue sequel thing to Umineko, personally I think one of the main problems with Sotsu is padding. Last note is short (2.5 hours or so) but is a satisfying read.

Granted some parts of the plot feels off, but it was fun. Pretty sure anyone will figure out who the new characters real identity is within the first 'swallow', or even before that.

Seriously, why not have 2 episodes per arc in Sotsu. We would be in Neko by now. Or better yet continue off from where we stopped.in Gou. Last Note is living proof that shorter stories are better than drawn out ones.
ChargecoulombAug 5, 2021 1:07 PM
Aug 5, 2021 12:58 PM

Jul 2012
ssjokg said:
Danpmss said:

Ryukishi wankers will praise and love this in any sort of way they can anyway, they don't really care about the quality in this really, they just want people to hear how much they love this without ever saying a negative thing, so there's that too.... but I digress!

Also you havent really read our posts if you think we never said anything positive. But I dont expect from WTC fanboys to be unbiased so what can we do....

You can praise AND criticize this work, but to you it seems binary and mutually exclusive, it takes one click in your post bar to see your posts are generally negative in nature always, and treating this as not having redeeming qualities. Do as you will, I'm done talking with you already, it's a waste of time. You are the very definition of a Doomposter, not to mention being a hypocrite (who attacks stuff that was established and likewise executed the very same in the OG series, which to you aparently is a masterpiece and all time favorite).

Arguing a strawman won't do you any favors either, unlike you I weight this series pros and cons with an open mind, while you come here every week to shit on it and cicrclejerk sarcastically with other 2-3 doomposters lol (it's so apparent that it hurts, anyone in the threads can see it).
DanpmssAug 5, 2021 1:04 PM
Aug 5, 2021 1:11 PM

Aug 2009
Danpmss said:
ssjokg said:

You can praise AND criticize this work, but to you it seems binary and mutually exclusive, it takes one to see your posts are generally negative in nature always, and treating this as not having redeeming qualities. Do as you will, I'm done talking with you already, it's a waste of time. You are the very definition of a Doomposter.

Nitpicks arent criticism. Saying something is wrong or bad and then disregarding it isnt criticism.
It IS binary. A series can be overall bad and have some good parts. It doesnt have to be overall good with some bad parts.

Yes they are negative in nature since middle of Gou because it doesnt have redeeming qualities unless you are a 12 year old, easily impressed by something like Elfen Lied and Mirai Nikki. I am so sorry that I couldnt get into your hype train and praise every shit writing that was thrown at me without question.

If this wasnt a WTC series none of you would have anything good to say and would criticize it for the nonsensical loli torture porn that it is just like any other bullshit loli torture porn that came after 2011.

You are the definition of a fanboy wanker. Lets see how far this name calling will get us shall we?

Aug 5, 2021 1:22 PM

Jul 2012
PinkShibaInu said:

Give it a rest R07 isn't gonna give you his phone number.

I was praising Gou at the start but halfway it just genuinely hasn't felt great at all, then up to now it's only become more clear to me why. It just FEELS shallow and the only people praising it so far are just "ooh ah look at this it's like walking through a spooky mansion with jumpscares 10/10 I'm easily impressed!"

Well not EVERYONE is so easily impressed just because psycho yandere bitch continues being pure trash. Also stop acting like everyone in the world who DOESN'T treat this like it's a masterpiece is some kind of filthy pleb who just isn't high IQ enough to get it.

It's a show reduced to loli torture porn that sells merchandise like half-naked Rena/Mion now. BRUH, it's not that deep anymore give it a rest. Any deeper meaning to this show was gone from the start.

You are generalizing, there's clearly more thought put into this than it seems, not that it matters, you are missing my point. This series has its flaws, I point the ones I find myself. You are arguing a strawman as well, nobody is calling this a masterpiece (I myself point out several lacks in execution in big chunks of text, why don't you check my posts before implying I'm a fanboy blindly defending this). I'm explicitly talking about the few people in here every week shitting on this anime, sometimes accidentally shitting on the OH so sacred OG series they so much love, since several portions are straight adapted from the VN, since the first anime skipped a lot of stuff including essential characterization, which said doomposters don't even try commenting upon either because they don't know, as they never touched the source material, or because they are just trying to blindly hate on EVERYTHING that may come from this.

Do tell me, how ironic do you think it is to me, someone going as far as to screenshot and quote from the source material and properly analyzing side by side character threads every week while doing my theorizing with other folks in other social media platforms, when I see people writing this amount of unfounded criticism while having the shitty anime adaptation as a 10/10 and favorite on their lists?

At least my 10 for this is temporary to combat the 1/10s this gets gratuitously, and is subject to change to even a 3-4/10 in case this sucks, I don't sincerely this a perfect score because I think it has little to no flaws. Then again, I wasn't even talking about you (hell, I don't remember discussing with you, and yet you assumed yourself to fit the doomposting criteria), but if the shoe fits, I guess that's on you.

You aren't free from being called a doomposter just because you initially hated a thing btw. It's more about how you address the series in your posts than what you think of it yourself, and from the moment you are actively just shitting on it with literally nothing new to add, to the point of complaining about inconsistencies that aren't there and that any people with knowledge about the series can point you why is it now, you ARE doomposting about it.

The same way someone ignoring anything else and deeming it perfect with no criticisms to be said, praising it and glorifying it without batting an eye to anything else, they are fanboying flatterers, just as binarily blind, like little kids making boys vs girls competitions since you can only be in one of those sides. You know how stupid the reply comment above yours sound when trying to parallel me as following suit?

And yours, implying the very same?
DanpmssAug 5, 2021 1:45 PM
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM

Oct 2014
So far probably the worst episode of Sotsu.
Rika just feels... wrong in this episode. As if they're making her too easy instead of having a deep battle of wits or something.

Satoko really is having 0 problems in manipulating Rika and making her break...

Chargecoulomb said:
Teppei being this nice doesn't make that much sense to me. Remember He doesn't like Satoko, or even love her. He's scared of dying alone and unloved, I would expect him to take him to be more... Mellow? I'm not sure how else to describe it.
Tbh, I think it's the otherway around.
I don't see absolutely any reason for Satoko to seemingly start liking Teppei. Not only the long abuse she suffered younger, but she should now have the knowledge of what he did in all the fragments aswell.

What's the reason for this farce? To get a gun? Not likely.
Money? She didn't even take that much, and even that she used to buy that said gun...
I doubt she'd have any major problems getting a gun/money elsewhere if she tried.
So why Teppei?

Danpmss said:
What can I say, Hypeposters will still hypepost and love it in any sort of way they can.
They don't really care about the quality (or lack thereof), just want people to hear how much they love this without ever saying a negative thing.
Can you point out those people aswell?

I don't know if you can understand how some people dislike/hate (something along the lines) this show, but I for one certainly can't understand how they blindly love this. Nor how they give it 10/10 day 1.

Regardless of the anime adaptations, I'm having hard time understanding how anyone could value the writing in this at the same level as what the original VNs had.

Danpmss said:
Arguing a strawman won't do you any favors either
What's with every defender using the strawman argument on the haters, lmao.

while you come here every week to shit on it and cicrclejerk sarcastically with other 2-3 doomposters lol (it's so apparent that it hurts, anyone in the threads can see it).
I'll just assume that's pointed at me... Not sure how to respond.
I just can't help it when a show of a franchise I like, yet so seemingly lacking is praised to no end.
Intelligent gets through situations which wise avoids.
Aug 5, 2021 1:44 PM

Jul 2012
ssjokg said:
Danpmss said:

You can praise AND criticize this work, but to you it seems binary and mutually exclusive, it takes one to see your posts are generally negative in nature always, and treating this as not having redeeming qualities. Do as you will, I'm done talking with you already, it's a waste of time. You are the very definition of a Doomposter.

Nitpicks arent criticism. Saying something is wrong or bad and then disregarding it isnt criticism.
It IS binary. A series can be overall bad and have some good parts. It doesnt have to be overall good with some bad parts.

Yes they are negative in nature since middle of Gou because it doesnt have redeeming qualities unless you are a 12 year old, easily impressed by something like Elfen Lied and Mirai Nikki. I am so sorry that I couldnt get into your hype train and praise every shit writing that was thrown at me without question.

If this wasnt a WTC series none of you would have anything good to say and would criticize it for the nonsensical loli torture porn that it is just like any other bullshit loli torture porn that came after 2011.

You are the definition of a fanboy wanker. Lets see how far this name calling will get us shall we?

You really cannot argue for crap. Do you even have any idea of what are you talking about right now?

First of all, I don't only nitpick, and when I do, I specifically say so LMAO

I often criticize in detail why does the execution of certain scenes in this do not work as intended, and how I don't like how more open-ended was Oniakashi even though we are revisiting that same content, how even though possible, it was fully unnecessary NOT to show infecting Mion for example, even when we have real life stories of maniacs infecting people with a needle and nobody even noticing they were pierced until much later. But I don't blindly hate or praise either. You can revisit any of my comments, you won't won't see that sort of imbecilic binarism.

There's always something to give people's credit for even in the worst things I've ever touched. The animation direction and sound direction in this are usually very strong, and that's a low hanging fruit to me personally to address, since it's more of a bonus when I'm analyzing something.

Now do tell me, where did I ever say this had no defects, where did I not give the series fair criticism in every episode, and where exactly did I act like a fanboy wanker to this series. PLEASE SCREENSHOT ANY COMPLETE COMMENT OF MINE, EVEN OUT OF CONTEXT, do show me where I'm being a biased blind fanboy just like the biased blind doomposter you are proven yourself to be so far?

A hypocrite, again, I may add. Because that's the one point that I find the most laughable, how you complain about things that are as "bullshit" as the original series pulled multiple times, as time wasting "filler" as the SoL scenes that seeemingly don't add crap and it's only there "to make it longer", also ever present in that experience, to the point of most of the new ones coming directly from the unadapted chapters they skipped from the source material.

Tell me, what do you think about Rena's character getting butchered in the OG and we only finally having her proper characterization in Sotsu, directly from the content they cut about the most essential part of the backstory. That's one positive thing you could have said even without knowing it, because that's some of the best content in the VN finally getting adapted. And yet, you could only complain and was veeery silent about that segment in your posts, huh? Almost like, you want to exclusively emphasize negative aspects on this and that alone, ignoring all the rest?

Should I likewise call you a hate wanker? Because you can't even call me a fanboy, that's what you are to the OG series, a contradictory purist idolizing a flawed adaptation, while shitting on elements that came from the original experience for even being in here, in your utmost ignorance about some plot threads and content from aborted from it.

You think I'm name-calling? I have backup to every single attitude I just mentioned about your rants. I just mentioned them in detail, and you can't ever replicate, because you know it is true, and everybody can see it. You calling me a fanboy wanker, what exactly do you have to back that one up? LMAO

Hulio said:

Danpmss said:
What can I say, Hypeposters will still hypepost and love it in any sort of way they can.
They don't really care about the quality (or lack thereof), just want people to hear how much they love this without ever saying a negative thing.
Can you point out those people aswell?

I don't know if you can understand how some people dislike/hate (something along the lines) this show, but I for one certainly can't understand how they blindly love this. Nor how they give it 10/10 day 1.

Regardless of the anime adaptations, I'm having hard time understanding how anyone could value the writing in this at the same level as what the original VNs had.

Danpmss said:
Arguing a strawman won't do you any favors either
What's with every defender using the strawman argument on the haters, lmao.

while you come here every week to shit on it and cicrclejerk sarcastically with other 2-3 doomposters lol (it's so apparent that it hurts, anyone in the threads can see it).
I'll just assume that's pointed at me... Not sure how to respond.
I just can't help it when a show of a franchise I like, yet so seemingly lacking is praised to no end.

All that goes to you too. Also the comment above on the topic of what that may be.
Give this list a look to see what I intend with hypocritical purist, when I call this guy one.

You guys are the kind to call people who give this praise fanboys, I'm the kind to call anyone who is binarily praising this or hating on it either actual fanboys or doomposters (specifically because apparently this is dooming the OG Higurashi, from which you are fans as far as I'm concerned). That's the big difference in here.

Also learn what a strawman argument is, that may make you realize a thing you do very often, such as baselessly accusing someone from being a fanboy who can't accept criticism, even though they give this their fair share of it as well, as praise where it's due, like me.
DanpmssAug 5, 2021 1:58 PM
Aug 5, 2021 1:54 PM

Aug 2009
Danpmss said:
ssjokg said:

You really cannot argue for crap. Do you even have any idea of what are you talking about right now?

First of all, I don't only nitpick, and when I do, I specifically say so LMAO

I often criticize in detail why does the execution of certain scenes in this do not work as intended, and how I don't like how more open-ended was Oniakashi even though we are revisiting that same content, how even though possible, it was fully unnecessary NOT to show infecting Mion for example, even when we have real life stories of maniacs infecting people with a needle and nobody even noticing they were pierced until much later. But I don't blindly hate or praise either. You can revisit any of my comments, you won't won't see that sort of imbecilic binarism.

There's always something to give people's credit for even in the worst things I've ever touched. The animation direction and sound direction in this are usually very strong, and that's a low hanging fruit to me personally to address, since it's more of a bonus when I'm analyzing something.

Now do tell me, where did I ever say this had no defects, where did I not give the series fair criticism in every episode, and where exactly did I act like a fanboy wanker to this series. PLEASE SCREENSHOT ANY COMPLETE COMMENT OF MINE, EVEN OUT OF CONTEXT, do show me where I'm being a biased blind fanboy just like the biased blind doomposter you are proven yourself to be so far?

A hypocrite, again, I may add. Because that's the one point that I find the most laughable, how you complain about things that are as "bullshit" as the original series pulled multiple times, as time wasting "filler" as the SoL scenes that seeemingly don't add crap and it's only there "to make it longer", also ever present in that experience, to the point of most of the new ones coming directly from the unadapted chapters they skipped from the source material.

Tell me, what do you think about Rena's character getting butchered in the OG and we only finally having her proper characterization in Sotsu, directly from the content they cut about the most essential part of the backstory. That's one positive thing you could have said even without knowing it, because that's some of the best content in the VN finally getting adapted. And yet, you could only complain and was veeery silent about that segment in your posts, huh? Almost like, you want to exclusively emphasize negative aspects on this and that alone, ignoring all the rest?

Should I likewise call you a hate wanker? Because you can't even call me a fanboy, that's what you are to the OG series, a contradictory purist idolizing a flawed adaptation, while shitting on elements that came from the original experience for even being in here, in your utmost ignorance about some plot threads and content from aborted from it.

You think I'm name-calling? I have backup to every single attitude I just mentioned about your rants. I just mentioned them in detail, and you can't ever replicate, because you know it is true, and everybody can see it. You calling me a fanboy wanker, what exactly do you have to back that one up? LMAO

You know, seeing all that shit talk about me not being able to argue, how I miss things, my "bias" etc only for you to praise Rena's portrayal in Sotsu...

Man, either there are two versions of this series and we all watch a different one or you guys are delusional.

I dont care if every episode has 2 minutes of "awesome stuff" when the rest of the episode is garbage. You may think that it subvert our expectations and call it peak WTC, but it isnt.

Congratz again on writing paragraphs of pure nothing just to vent for us not liking this shitshow.

And again, writing about the "bad things" of the show and then disregarding them in the same post with 4/5 or 5/5 and "amazing stuff" isnt criticism.

Aug 5, 2021 2:07 PM

Mar 2021
satoko you devious little bitch! i'm glad to finally see the plot moving forward somewhat, even if we are still just recapping previous events. out of the first three gou arcs, this one is by far the one i had the most questions about.
Aug 5, 2021 2:18 PM

Jul 2012
ssjokg said:

You know, seeing all that shit talk about me not being able to argue, how I miss things, my "bias" etc only for you to praise Rena's portrayal in Sotsu...

Man, either there are two versions of this series and we all watch a different one or you guys are delusional.

I dont care if every episode has 2 minutes of "awesome stuff" when the rest of the episode is garbage. You may think that it subvert our expectations and call it peak WTC, but it isnt.

Congratz again on writing paragraphs of pure nothing just to vent for us not liking this shitshow.

And again, writing about the "bad things" of the show and then disregarding them in the same post with 4/5 or 5/5 and "amazing stuff" isnt criticism.

You keep being unable to reply to a single thing I just said about you and dismiss it as shit talk. If all you can do in a discussion is this, you should consider not arguing with someone who will point out publicly how bad your inability to hold a point is, especially when you are going to prove those words with your very next reply. So just don't.

To exemplify just how terrible your arguing skills are, you are making an argumentum ad absurdum in this very moment without saying shit to back it up other than "if you are not looking at this series the same way I do, you either must be dellusional or there must be another version".

The fact you yourself admit there's "2 minutes of awesome stuff" (a whole 9 minutes of Oniakashi is dedicated to her backstory in Tsumihoroboshi in ep1 alone btw, I know it feels like 5 minutes tho) further proves my point that you have nothing else to spout in these threads other than negative views towards this series, even when you have good things to say. If you admit the binary bias I'm claiming you to have and yet brush those "paragraphs of pure nothing" off, you really are a real piece of work, to even going as far as to reply to me, thinking you have anything to counter my claims instead of rolling with them.

I write about the bad things in the show, but it doesn't mean I don't value weight the pros and the cons into a fitting score including my personal enjoyment (which is what the author asks Higurashi to be seen as since the VNs, entertainment before anything, which I also attribute to what it is intended to express), not that you even consider that to be a possible thing, right, Mr. "It IS binary, but yet I'll contradict what I just said in the very next phrase"?

You have positive things to point out, you just don't because you want nothing but to put this series down with your words (and circlejerk with those who want the same to make numbers in the threads), going as far as to admit it yourself. There's a world of difference between people like you and people like me.

DanpmssAug 5, 2021 2:27 PM
Aug 5, 2021 2:28 PM

Aug 2009
Said the hypocrite that is so mad we don't like the show that will again and again attack us for not saying good stuff.

I dont see you talking about the ones praising this every week. It is always doomposters this doomposters that. How many times have you attacked people blindly praising it? You are a hypocrite and also a liar.

Also yes you finally got me. I generalized by saying 2 minutes instead of 9. I am so bad. What a naughty shitposter I am. Surely now you wont EVER reply to me again after claiming to do that some posts ago.

This is the same old shit since Gou. You hypers have to make it personal. Do you get something out of it?

Yes there is big difference between us and you. It might not be for the reasons you think tho.
Aug 5, 2021 2:40 PM

Apr 2016
Feels bad for Teppei. Poor man.

Hope something interesting happens in this arc because I don't want to see 5 episodes of Satoko being a fucking liar with both sides (Teppei x Hinamizawa)

The best thing I remember to happen in this arc was K1 killing Teppei and the screen went all red-like filter. Well, everything makes sense now since seems like it will not be really Teppei fault lol. But 5 episodes...? For that...? Ugh.

We know, we know, Satoko will probably infect Ooishi and he will kill Mion, Shion, Rika and...Satoko(?) at the Furude Shrine. Please, Ooishi, at least feel something sting your dick when it happens.

Eua's words are still hitting my head. Almost seems like she will step in Satoko's plans after get bored...perhaps Ooishi killing everyone in the end of Tataridamashi? Who knows. Maybe I am just overthinking.

Aug 5, 2021 2:43 PM

Oct 2014
Danpmss said:
Just wanted to ask.
What exactly did they do so much better in here than in Deen's version?
The contents about her past were pretty much the same. Which part was so important?
Can you explain it to me like the doomposter strawman I am?
Maybe even I may find new appreciation for this show.
Intelligent gets through situations which wise avoids.
Aug 5, 2021 2:50 PM

Jun 2017
I am really curious if Ryukishi07 will have the balls to kill off Satoko when she eventually screws up and dies before Rika or that will be the cop out of the decade.

Clobbopus said:
Teppei in sotsu is lowkey a S tier

From zero to hero. He really has it bad now...I can just only pity him at this point. LOL
Aug 5, 2021 3:43 PM
Apr 2021
MomoSinX said:
I am really curious if Ryukishi07 will have the balls to kill off Satoko when she eventually screws up and dies before Rika or that will be the cop out of the decade.

Are you forgetting that he said:
a) He wanted to give Satoko development
b) make viewers feel sympathy for her
c) he may write more Higurashi, like "Keichi's children" or smth like this, and that "characters of Higurashi can be put in any timeline, i.e. 2000+ years"
?
He won't kill her. At best he'll kill her "Looper" part(as well as Rika's), and looper parts
, while non looper will "Live happy ever after"
It's Ryukishi we're talking about lmao
Aug 5, 2021 3:56 PM

Nov 2019
Satoko just feels like those boring mother-in-laws and daughters scheming behind the new wife in some Indian serials, and Eua feels like the standard housewife who enjoys them.
I am trying my best to watch this while not repeatedly using my mobile phone. Like the only good things in this episode were a painful "Nipah" and the face of an embarrassed Keichi.

Another 8 episodes to struggle through. Sigh
"All truth is meaningless. In the end, 'meaning' comes from the mind of each individual human. Even when there is a single truth, it can mean different things to different individuals. The truth has no meaning in itself!" - Erika Furudo
Aug 5, 2021 3:58 PM

Nov 2019
Si1verR0se said:
MomoSinX said:

c) he may write more Higurashi, like "Keichi's children" or smth like this, and that "characters of Higurashi can be put in any timeline, i.e. 2000+ years"
?
He won't kill her. At best he'll kill her "Looper" part(as well as Rika's), and looper parts

Is (b) just him trolling or what XD
"All truth is meaningless. In the end, 'meaning' comes from the mind of each individual human. Even when there is a single truth, it can mean different things to different individuals. The truth has no meaning in itself!" - Erika Furudo
Aug 5, 2021 4:10 PM
Jul 2018
what was that all about, Satoko acting in a very mysterious way towards her uncle that something must happen after this episode ending.
Aug 5, 2021 4:14 PM
Apr 2021
Laplace_kun said:
Si1verR0se said:

?

Is (b) just him trolling or what XD

Afaik it was not in an interview with him in "USO DA!" t-shirt, so who knows.
And mind you he said that "Teppei deserves redemption", so he probably wasn't trolling here either
Aug 5, 2021 4:16 PM

Jun 2021
OK episode. Part A felt like a drag. I guess we now know Satoko can't die before Rika, but other than that, the same old.

Part B was better. Like the past arcs, Satoko's actions function as the answer to past arcs and is an interesting way to expand on the story. I still don't like the fact that Satoko is chaotically evil now, but that's just my opinion.

Aug 5, 2021 5:07 PM
Mar 2021
So that's why Satoko shouldn't die first before Rika or she will be on limitless loops without Rika anymore. That's her consequence after all. Satoko now will try to manipulate Teppei and Keiichi in Tatariakashi, while she is injecting H-173 to Ooishi. Title should be changed to :

"Higurashi When Eua Laughs" lol

Plot quality in this Gou/Sotsu mostly are not focusing on mystery case but supranatural. Damn i should wait 3-5 weeks agian to main plot.

Seems like i can see it is more turning into Umineko stuff like Bernkastel and Lambadelta were born.

Ciconia -> Higurashi -> Umineko.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Sotsu Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 30, 2021

412 by Drinzen »»
Feb 22, 4:37 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Sotsu Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 23, 2021

395 by Drinzen »»
Feb 22, 4:12 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Sotsu Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 16, 2021

215 by Drinzen »»
Feb 22, 4:03 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Sotsu Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 12, 2021

159 by Drinzen »»
Feb 22, 3:18 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Sotsu Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 15, 2021

124 by xxdaisiesxx »»
Jan 17, 1:44 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.