Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Apr 14, 2010 12:53 PM

May 2008
The worst SHAFT production that I've ever seen... I'm not impressed at all.
But I can' ignore the fact that the voice acting was fabulous. I only gave this 6/10 because of this...
Apr 15, 2010 9:53 AM

Jun 2009
Uh, awful. Anyway, finally i've finished this...
Maybe it's too much, but let it be 3/10.
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Apr 15, 2010 11:30 AM

Dec 2007
They killed Meiren :(
And she was my favourite from the lot.
All in all she was what kept me watching this crap.

Yuri & Shoujo-ai FTW
Apr 15, 2010 12:03 PM

Jan 2009
Maxmilian said:
And she was the only one who had nothing to do with anything O.o (Oh except for the Mina copy)
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Apr 16, 2010 3:58 AM
Feb 2010
wakka9ca said:
First of all, there are NO FEMALE werewolves according to the manga. I guess the anime either forgot about that or was made before Angel-san appeared....

Other than that, very disappointing adaptation, mainly because they did not stick to the manga...

As an anime alone, it had some good moment....but was overshadowed by some fundamental flaws....

If Iremember correct they are no female in Earth clan etc.. and she wasn't a werewolf the same as Akira futhermore they were not from the same clan.. she was from forest ^^
Apr 16, 2010 10:11 AM

Dec 2007
Oosran said:
Maxmilian said:
And she was the only one who had nothing to do with anything O.o (Oh except for the Mina copy)

I know she didnt, as she isnt in the manga at all, but u got to admit she was an interesting character. As i said if it werent for her i would drop it. Maybe i was even hoping for an interesting 2nd season but now they cant show anything that would peek my interests.

Yuri & Shoujo-ai FTW
Apr 16, 2010 10:22 AM

Jan 2009
Maxmilian said:
Oosran said:
Maxmilian said:
I know she didnt, as she isnt in the manga at all, but u got to admit she was an interesting character. As i said if it werent for her i would drop it. Maybe i was even hoping for an interesting 2nd season but now they cant show anything that would peek my interests.
She wasn't really that interesting >.>
Anyway, if they'd just gone by the manga, they wouldn't even have had to implement someone like Meiren : D
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Apr 16, 2010 10:24 AM

Jun 2009
Oosran said:
Anyway, if they'd just gone by the manga, they wouldn't even have had to implement someone like Meiren : D

Yeah, Hama-san i better than her. I wonder if francis'll say that she's great since we've seen her naked in this episode. x/
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Apr 21, 2010 12:45 AM

Apr 2010
DeathfireD said:

There was an interview not to long ago about how the SHAFT and the mangaka where going for something original with this. Apparently the mangaka didn't want the producers following the manga and in staid wanted them to think up their own plot.
With that said I think her being a weretiger was gay. There's no such thing as weretigers.

Series was decent but the ending was obviously rushed. I think if this was longer it could have turned into something interesting.

Sorry if this starts a flame war, but... there's no such thing as werewolves and vampires in real life as well? Unless im reading it wrong, that made no sense what so ever.

Anyways the other parts i agree though: the series did felt rushed, but what are you going to do about it? it was a 12 ep series. The anime overall didn't really give much of an impact imo. ; the final battle didn't seem climatic at all and the ending just felt awkward.

Apr 22, 2010 7:14 PM
Apr 2008
OMFG WTF DID I JUST SAW! THIS IS SUCH A PIECE OF CRAP! WHY DIDN'T THEY JUST FOLLOW THE MANGA.... WTF... WTF...

5/10 for not following the manga
Apr 25, 2010 6:13 AM

Oct 2009
OrochiPL said:
Oosran said:

Yeah, Hama-san i better than her. I wonder if francis'll say that she's great since we've seen her naked in this episode. x/
No, no Meiren lost my interest the moment she will really was not the twist of Wolf Clan plot that she might be some last female of them......instead she is completely from another race and so I say Yuki or Minna to couple with Akira.......Oh man......seen BD a little and going to re-watch soon....it looks amazing in quality.

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Apr 25, 2010 6:30 AM

Apr 2008
SUDDENLY, CLONES.

The hell was this. I kind of like the original premise, so I'm checking out the manga, but this was... actually, this wasn't really anything. A generous 6/10.

ETA: And I just have to mention the mind-blowingly awful first episode. If I wasn't in the habit of never dropping shows without having seen at least 2 eps, I would've dropped this thing like a brick in the first twelve minutes.
Apr 26, 2010 7:48 AM

Oct 2008
The spoilers in this topic are... sad, I actually dropped this series (And I'm fan of the manga)

Good Job SHAFT |:
bekeruApr 27, 2010 6:18 AM
>User since 2008
Please god help me quit this website.

Such great community that doesn't even know how demographics work, AND gives """detailed"""" reviews after first episodes.

Apr 30, 2010 11:36 PM
Feb 2009
ugh half of the episode was full of intensive talking I'll give this anime 8/10
May 2, 2010 3:35 PM

Dec 2007
SHAFT have a poor directing on this series due to that anime failed to follow the manga faithfully. I don't know if this series will have the second season. I guess I will read the manga.
May 9, 2010 12:01 AM

Aug 2008
Not a bad episode. I can see why Akira repressed those memories. The revelation about that night mostly made the episode for me. It was a nice ending to a decent series. I enjoyed the second half considerably more than than the first half.
May 11, 2010 12:30 PM

Sep 2008
somebody please explain me wth means these thousand minas in that red abstract place ?
May 11, 2010 4:25 PM

Apr 2008
Neilikki said:
somebody please explain me wth means these thousand minas in that red abstract place ?

it's simple. ANIME FILLER ENDING ^_^ don't bother thinking on it
May 30, 2010 3:39 PM

Apr 2010
that was a good ending. i give the episode a 10/10. i give the series an 8/10 cause they didnt explain everything completely. i hope they will make a second season
Jul 10, 2010 4:09 AM
Jul 2008
I really enjoyed how this series ended, but artwork seriously needed some work. I don't mind seeing Meiren in the anime adaptation, but her transformation looked like crap. I did enjoy the Akira fight with Meiren. Although I hated their artwork, I hope there will be a second season because I want to know what will happen with the conflict between the two Minas, though it really doubtful because the first season was about just a promise they kept until they died.
Jul 11, 2010 6:57 PM

Oct 2007
best digimon/pokemon fight ever.
Jul 12, 2010 9:29 PM

Aug 2009
Akira's regeneration abilities must be over 9000. He got stabbed like not only a million of times in the chest and still live. I guess you'll become stronger if you think about your love one.

I'm satisfied with this ending. Overall I'm giving this an 8/10. I don't care what happened to the Manga as well as what was suppose to happen in here. I thought it was okay. It had the potential to be a 10 for me but the fast pace changing of the background scenes really bugged me.

I guess there's going to be a second season? Like who's the other identical queen and the pure blood's inheritence as long as the Telephone gang.
Jul 23, 2010 1:23 PM
Apr 2010
This show was pretty good,needs a season 2.WHat that mina wanna be?
Why was yuki even kept around? she should of been killed off..lol
Sent with Mal Updater
Aug 24, 2010 4:26 PM

Jan 2009
I gave the series a solid 6 based solely on the anime. I never understand why people sometimes lower ratings based on not being faithful to the manga, I think they should be judged on their own merit but I digress. The potential was there for it to be so much better but by the time it really started getting good it was almost over. Not even remotely explaining the inheritance was also a minus. The certainly seemed to not only leave the door open for another season but point to their being one with the one surviving clone and their impending battle to be the true Queen of the Vampires. If they can build on the final 4 or 5 episodes I'd definitely be interested.
Oct 5, 2010 5:52 PM
Jun 2010
Enjoyed this anime quite a bit. However all the shit heads in these forums that constantly bitched and moaned about the differences from the adaptation made a part of the ride pretty annoying too. Stick to the manga if you don't like it. Would love a season 2 but the closing words kinda lean towards a solid conclusion.

8/10
Oct 11, 2010 7:41 PM

Jan 2008
I really disliked this series. It had a weak story and terrible animation. The ending was nothign special in my opinion. 5/10
Oct 13, 2010 12:18 PM

Oct 2009
Bit open end @ second queen.

8/10 overall.
Nov 23, 2010 1:56 PM

Feb 2010
lostty said:
I really disliked this series. It had a weak story and terrible animation. The ending was nothign special in my opinion. 5/10

Agreed. So RUSHED. Lame ending w/o much closure.

Only good thing is that Akira & Mina are together.

UGHHHH.

6/10.
Dec 6, 2010 1:41 PM

Jun 2009
hmmmm.....tbh i expected much more but i won't complain 2much ..... also , i loved the voice acting but that's it ..... so in general i can't give this anime more then 7/10 , and that can be considered pretty gracious of me ... that's strange for me to say coz most of the animes i pick to watch, i always give 1-2 grade more depending on the amount in which anime appealed to me ...... p.s : i wouldn't call Merien a were-WOLF coz she turned into tiger , if any1 noticed, that is ......about 2nd season :
NokizaruDec 6, 2010 1:48 PM
Gabriel

Feb 24, 2011 1:02 AM

Aug 2010
I liked it but as someone who didn't read the manga, I would love to see this remade to follow the original story. Other than that I loved the opening song!!!!
Jun 12, 2011 6:53 AM

Oct 2010
wow re-watching this was rather painful... I'm still wondering why I gave it an 8/10 back then = \
huh?
Jun 30, 2011 3:40 PM

Feb 2008
dammit meiren died :( still 9/10 for me. This is one of those shows that you have to watch back to back, not every week. I can see why people got frustrated with the show if the were watching it when it aired, but its much better when you watch in with 2 days like I did. I didnt care for the loli aspects at all, but akira was a great protagonist in this series and that's what made it enjoyable for me.
Aug 15, 2011 10:45 AM
Sep 2009
Netflix watchers beware. I wondered why this is episode 4 in netflix watch instantly and not episode 12. I thought they skipped a lot of stuff after watching episode 1. essentially ep's 2,3,4 are actually 10, 11, 12.
Sep 2, 2011 10:23 PM

Jul 2010
it was an ok anime to me. and i'm sure the 3 guys might betray her for the other mina if a second season were to come out. reimen was awesome.

Sep 9, 2011 2:26 AM
Apr 2011
I actually enjoyed the anime...Although its kinda messed up with the fight seen, it didnt affect the feel of intensity in the last episode. Although i kinda desired a more dreadful ending, i guess the sweetness was fine too. Hope there is the next seson but i doubt it it will better..
Apr 3, 2012 9:54 PM

Mar 2009
Lame fight. The only good thing is the both of them having a happy ending.
Apr 18, 2012 6:42 PM

Nov 2009
I adored this show generally but then I loved everything about Mina so I suppose thats where the rating comes from.

I'd like to see a second season but it's highly unlikely that we will see that...EVER!
May 5, 2012 7:45 PM

Feb 2012
Here's a great way to end a series: first, set up a sequel -- "most likely she and I will be forced to face each other someday" -- and then, only after you've set up the sequel, tie up the story in such a way that a sequel can never be told -- "that pledge would remain unbroken for the rest of their story."

In everything it did, Dance in the Vampire Bund emanated averageness. This is just a decidedly average anime.
May 22, 2012 11:21 PM

Jul 2011
12 episodes.. hmm I think less would be better for little boring anime like this one.

I don't say that I hated to watch it, but it was little boring compared to series what I already watched.

Last fight between Akira and Meiren was really good <3
I was sure that Akira would lose, but of course I know that he got power and beat Meiren in the end.. it just little too easy to think.

5/5 even it was little boring to watch, fight scenes gave points back to watch.

"A half moon, it has a dark half and a bright half, just like me…", Yuno Gasai
Dec 8, 2012 10:46 PM
Jan 2012
at the very end of the episode it showed a short where the maids were looking for Akira's arm and showed some text on the arm. What did it say?
Jan 26, 2013 8:03 PM

May 2012
Great final episode, the last fight was amazing and than the revalidation about having more Mina's but all reduced to only 2 "dark and light - gothic/sweet ~ lolita" but damn this was an awesome watch I'm still amazed how they managed to put a great and compact story in the first 7 episodes and than build everything up to this end!

Amazing anime I must say a short one and still room for a second season but I'm more than happy with this ending! 9/10
Feb 8, 2013 3:12 AM
Feb 2013
I'm not quite sure this is a "happy" ending. I mean we're told they aren't able to have any kind of real relationship, they can just continue with what they were doing. Any hope of anything more is wiped away. How is that exactly happy? Sure they get to spend all the time in the world together, but really all they can do is just stare at one another.

Anyway, other than that, I thought the ending was okay.
Apr 6, 2013 1:54 PM

Mar 2010
Give it a 7/10 .. It was very enjoyable but felt a bit rushed and wasnt anything special..
Apr 20, 2013 12:49 PM

Jun 2012
Just watched this so ill just leave my opinion on the anime here. There were some weird parts but most of it was pretty cool and the fight between Akira and whats her name was pretty good. Overall I actually liked this anime which is surprising because I only picked it up at random and the reviews for this were not that good.

7/10
If strength is justice, then is powerlessness a crime?

Aug 5, 2013 5:05 PM

Dec 2010
Ok, in a word, painful. As I started getting in I realized I would have to watch this as a comedy. And that's really what it was, comical.

I read a review and it sounded like the series could be interesting. But what I got was twilight anime, but with loli, at least in twilight she was a teenager ffs.

Just painful to watch from start to finish, these weird pig transformation pig dogs, real books burning, was that a car? is that a real subway station? The fuck did I just watch?

It could have been good, but went wrong in all the worst ways. I need to wash this out with something good for the love of god.
Sep 6, 2013 3:06 PM

Dec 2008
I didn't think I'd actually end up enjoying this series but I was pleasantly surprised by the end of it. Wish the beginning was as good. I really would like to see a second season but I really doubt they'll ever make one. I may check out the manga cause I'm sure it's better.

Overall, I gave this series a 6/10.

Sep 23, 2013 2:44 AM

Feb 2010
Aaawww the ending was adorable. I really loved the last few episodes. But the first ones were so boring :/ if only it was all like the last few episodes then I would have lovedddd this show.
7/10
FOLLOW MY SOCIAL MEDIA IF YOU LIKE COSPLAY ADN ANIME RELATED VIDEOS!
https://www.youtube.com/user/LadyMeilin
https://www.facebook.com/Ladymeilin
Dec 14, 2013 3:51 AM

Dec 2011
Meh, pretty average anime overall. Yuki being totally useless through out the whole series and only lines are "Akira!!" I don't see how this is a must watch. Too bad that Meiren died. She was the reason I kept watching I guess.
Apr 30, 2014 2:59 PM
Feb 2014
does anyone know if there will be another season?
May 29, 2014 11:21 AM

May 2012
mediocore at best. still didnt get the true inheritance thingy
“They stood together in a false intimacy, a nervous contact. And he was in love with her.”
― D.H. Lawrence, Women in Love

Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dance in the Vampire Bund Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

porkypink - Jan 13, 2010

233 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Sep 7, 2023 7:35 AM

Poll: » Dance in the Vampire Bund Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Rail_Tracer - Jan 6, 2010

310 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Sep 7, 2023 7:33 AM

Poll: » Dance in the Vampire Bund Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

kerobear - Feb 17, 2010

180 by FireRifle64 »»
Jul 29, 2023 8:12 PM

Poll: » Dance in the Vampire Bund Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Proselyt - Feb 11, 2010

221 by FireRifle64 »»
Jul 29, 2023 4:17 PM

Poll: » Dance in the Vampire Bund Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kashim - Mar 25, 2010

95 by Archean-Return »»
Jun 2, 2023 7:38 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.