Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Jun 5, 2014 12:40 AM

Aug 2012
Blazed88 said:
Ok, in a word, painful. As I started getting in I realized I would have to watch this as a comedy. And that's really what it was, comical.

I read a review and it sounded like the series could be interesting. But what I got was twilight anime, but with loli, at least in twilight she was a teenager ffs.

Just painful to watch from start to finish, these weird pig transformation pig dogs, real books burning, was that a car? is that a real subway station? The fuck did I just watch?

It could have been good, but went wrong in all the worst ways. I need to wash this out with something good for the love of god.

I agree. I had read a review and thought it might be interesting.. only to be pretty disappointed.
It took a while but I got through it. I don't see me watching it again..
It's natural for a person to deny he's a failure as a human being. That's why he searches for somebody who is more miserable than himself. That's why so much animosity exists on the internet. Those who aren't able to find a more miserable person, turn to the internet and call other people losers, even though they've never met. Just to make themselves feel superior. Isn't that pathetic? There's a sense of security that comes from speaking badly of someone else. But that isn't true salvation. — Tatsuhiro Satou
Jul 6, 2014 8:58 PM

Apr 2014
wasn't as good as the last episode but good none the less. wish there would have been a kiss scene though.
Aug 3, 2014 11:34 AM

Jan 2012
didn't fall asleep for some reason.. prob b/c of boobies

last few fights were a joke..

a bit intrigued by this pure one stuff though

Feb 2, 2015 1:12 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Rather disappointed with this adaption. SHAFT really didn't put too much effort into it. The animation was very poor and the way they adapted the manga didn't really bring about a conclusive storyline. Much more of what Telomere and the true blood legacy is should have been explained (and done before). It seems to me they should have spent less time on the situation in the student council and focused more on the latter.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jan 18, 2016 2:45 AM

Jan 2013
7.5/10
I liked how everything worked out in the end. Pleasant ending
Jul 17, 2016 12:25 PM

Feb 2014
Plot conveniences, messed characters feelings and motivations, weak action, sux fanservice.

I'll not enter in details cause I would write a bunch here. So I'll spare myself from this.

-----

In short, just one word: Bad

4/10

And no, I haven't read the manga and I don't intend to.

Sarabada
TechOtakuJul 17, 2016 12:30 PM
Jul 21, 2016 5:19 PM

Jul 2014
Well, that was shit. Not only was the story uninteresting with poorly-explained/shallow character motivations, but it had nothing to show for it because the action scenes were all shit as well.

The good thing is that I'm not even disappointed, since I wasn't expecting anything good from this series to begin with.

2/5
Jul 25, 2016 11:47 PM

Mar 2014
the anime has shit adaptation. i really enjoyed the manga
May 25, 2018 2:07 AM

Mar 2018
I didn't like the fight with Mei Ren all that much. I don't know, it felt kind of cliched. I am glad Mei Ren died, though. It was cool that she was a tiger, albeit an ugly tiger.

After Mina bet "everything" on Akira's battle, does that mean she is now permanently free of the vampire clans and their purity tests and mating rights?

When Akira collapsed on the palace floor I was very afraid he was going to die in Mina's arms - especially given all the "this love will never last" foreshadowing. I was glad that he did not die.

I very much liked the final love scene with Mina and Akira. The romance was touted as a big part of the anime, and for most of the series' run I was frustrated by how dysfunctional the romance was. Mina would treat him like a lover one moment, then coldly dismiss him like a servant in the next moment. Akira would act like a submissive little dog, except occasionally when he lost trust in her (for good reason, since she wasn't being open with him at all). It was awfully one-sided: They would ramble on and on about his "promise" to her; meanwhile she apparently neither had nor felt any obligation to treat him properly. It was downright painful to watch.

The ending redeemed a lot for me. They seemed to grow closer, and I have hope that she will begin treating him better. Their relationship seems healthier now.

Overall I find the series solid. I had some problems with it, mostly in the middle, but the last 4 episodes or so I liked much better. I give it a 7/10. I might check out the manga, since so many people say it is better than the anime. (That will be after Dusk Maiden of Amnesia and Mysterious Girlfriend X, though.)
May 26, 2018 5:58 AM

Mar 2018
In the "Vampire Maids" epilogue: Who else saw this oblong pixelated object and immediately thought: "Is that a penis?" I know I did. :D

Oct 11, 2019 2:10 PM

Aug 2013
Honestly, this series is highly underrated.
Artistic values are extremely high. Color play, animation, art direction, voice acting (original of course), narration and SOUNDTRACK. I really miss shaft like this.
Atmosphere and characters were great. Yet another example that story is not THAT important alone.
Also, nice references to Vlad Tepes/Dracula.
I've been in Romania this year and of course in 'Dracula's' castle located in Bran too.

gameoffreak8 said:
SHAFT have a poor directing on this series due to that anime failed to follow the manga faithfully. I don't know if this series will have the second season. I guess I will read the manga.

I don't understand how 'not following the manga faithfully' == poor direction?
The direction was brilliant.
rsc-plOct 11, 2019 2:17 PM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Jun 26, 2021 10:30 AM

Aug 2017
Hey look, another Mina. I wonder who is she. The Meiren/Akira conflict was well done despite Meiren being an anime original character.

The anime isn't bad as the score or some people suggest. I'm going to miss the OP, one of the best songs of Winter 2010 along with Durarara OP- 7/10 for the anime.

Duo1 said:
anyone think there will be another season?

garfield15 said:
flakizs said:
Do u guys think that they will make a second season with the other princess???

I think that's what they're going for yes. Way too many unanswered questions for a finale.

Anyway, this was just okay. I stopped comparing it to the manga since it completely went away from the plot after a while, but judged as an anime on it's own plots and merits, it wasn't that bad. It could have been way worse with some magic fix everything in the last episode bull like I thought they were going to do.

Also, it could have had some Power of Love crap like Dragonaut (aka, what I think is the worst anime ever created)

What I did really like is that they threw in as much of the manga as they could into the last minute. The Fangless kids, the Fangless crowd cheering Akira on, a fateful reveal with Kamen Rider expy (though since Mei Ren is anime-only, it was somebody different in the manga) and showing the Cradle which I thought they had forgotten about. That being said, Were-cat wut? And DBZ fighting which made me go "WHAT?" and then "Damn, this is awesome" and then "What?"

Animation was all over the place but this is SHAFT. I'm used to it and it'll be fixed up for the BD/DVD's anyway. All in all, a mediocre adaptation but on it's own merits, it's not something I hated. 7/10 for me.

(I still like the OP and ED songs)

After 11 years, I think no.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Sep 24, 2021 12:22 AM
Voltekka!

Sep 2017
It was a decent watch, but the romance between akira and mina tepes could be better.

Needs more akira fanservice/10
May 9, 2022 4:35 PM

Sep 2018
Not too bad, one of Shafts weaker works though. The only character I enjoyed was probably Mina, nobody else. A lot of questions, but no 2nd season. And the "fanservice" wasn't even that raunchy/bad etc. 6/10.
Nov 27, 2022 5:34 AM

Jul 2013
Shinbogasm at his most refined. He applies his signature style with notes from Bakemonogatari while giving the story enough room to breathe.

9/10
Dec 27, 2022 3:39 PM
Dec 2021
Fantastic anime!!! I enjoyed it a lot.
Mar 2, 2023 10:21 PM

Dec 2022
pretty good finale!
glad Meiren got to die the way she wanted
did NOT see the clone timeline coming
it was a damn good commercial for the source material!
Jun 2, 2023 8:36 AM

Dec 2022
Nice final episode. Didn't expect Mei Ren to be the assassin in the futuristic biker outfit, but that reveals a lot of the "mystery" I was wondering about in the last episode. The fight itself was suspenseful, and it seems to wrap itself up with a somewhat satisfying ending, even though I'm pretty certain the manga progresses past this part.

There aren't too many flaws. Some of the earlier subplots were contrived and felt like filler (like the student council manhunt that went nowhere), the main character could've been a bit more consistent in mentality, action scenes ended too quickly or were interrupted constantly, and there wasn't enough Mina fanservice. But since it had interesting style choices, involved and relevant worldbuilding, decent animation, memorable characters, and a plot that was both easy to follow and of sufficient depth; DitVB still ends up being a really good anime with high entertainment value.

Shaded Horizon

Jul 9, 2023 12:01 AM
May 2019
An absolute masterpiece that I had a blast watching. Absolute loved Monica Rial voicing Mina. Totally nailed the character as she usually does. 10/10 from me.
Jul 15, 2023 5:16 AM
Aug 2020
A masterpiece, I came in blind and wasn't expecting it to be so good, thought it was going to be some silly romcom with fansercice but boy oh boy was I wrong
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dance in the Vampire Bund Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

porkypink - Jan 13, 2010

233 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Sep 7, 2023 7:35 AM

Poll: » Dance in the Vampire Bund Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Rail_Tracer - Jan 6, 2010

310 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Sep 7, 2023 7:33 AM

Poll: » Dance in the Vampire Bund Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

kerobear - Feb 17, 2010

180 by FireRifle64 »»
Jul 29, 2023 8:12 PM

Poll: » Dance in the Vampire Bund Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Proselyt - Feb 11, 2010

221 by FireRifle64 »»
Jul 29, 2023 4:17 PM

Poll: » Dance in the Vampire Bund Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kashim - Mar 25, 2010

95 by Archean-Return »»
Jun 2, 2023 7:38 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.