Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Aug 4, 2021 8:28 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
More storytelling for Elma! Very cool and not only that, we get to see more of her rivalry/relationship with Tohru.

Nice to also see others like Kanna, Riko, and Ilulu getting more screentime. Kanna and Riko make such a cute pair. Ilulu working at a shop is something I didn't know I wanted to see until this episode. Seems the show made her a walking billboard of fan service again.

Jul 2017
Ooh...Tohru and Elma's backstory!

The "Priestess of the Sea" that has Tohru riling up of her potential status...and it's none other than the harmony dragon Elma who've also descended into the human world, when back then, the different dragon factions can turn even the most minor of conflicts into a bloodbath. But Elma chooses peace and observation of the humans, while Tohru the chaos dragon desires nothing more than an all-out war against the humans. Their history together is quite the fascination.

All that Kobayashi got from that...is that both Tohru and Elma are close friends who can fight with each other, one which she is jealous and envious of.

Ilulu is lazing around at home with nothing to do, and Tohru is in spite, so it's off to help find her a part-time job...just not at the maid cafe which Tohru frequents with Kobayashi. Both are chaos dragons that can't do much if easily agitated by instinct, and some kids dragged them to Aida's candy store where Kanna and Saikawa usually hangs out, where old arcade cabinets and sweets are abundant for the children of all generations. To find a part-time job there, it's customary manners...of manipulation on Tohru's side, while Ilulu has Kobayashi's backing with a pat on her head.

Taketo a.k.a Take (Alma's grandson) is back, and he is called back to work at the candy store to help the new hire. Luckily for him, Ilulu's childlike mindset gives him an exclusive look on her physically, coping up the big breasted feel while learning a thing or 2 about her. I wouldn't mind if both Take and Ilulu have an unequivocal relationship.

Ilulu's learning stages of humanity warms my heart.
KANLen09Aug 4, 2021 9:51 AM

Apr 2020
It's nice to see how Tohru meets Elma, even though they often argue, they seem to get along well.

Iruru's part time job at a candy shop, finally Iruru finds something she wants to do.
Aug 4, 2021 8:53 AM

Jun 2019
Yes, more of Tooru and Elma's backstory and how they first met. Elma being the priestess of the sea as a dragon threw Tooru off but being from different factions, they were definitely against each other. Besides how much they fight, I agree how close they are to each other.

Ilulu, you can't just be lazing around when others are working. You need to work too. With that in mind, Tooru took her out to find a job that's suitable for her finally being able to find a job at a candy store. And, she got a head pat from Kobayashi as well. Noice. Taketo really got his face buried in those badonkers. Noice. I love Ilulu and her personality. She's cute.
Aug 4, 2021 9:20 AM

Jan 2018
What a great lore building and fun episode. Seeing how Tohru and Elma meet and their first interactions was great and I hope we see more of it.
Dimmock is a lot like Veal, an acquired taste.
Aug 4, 2021 9:25 AM

Feb 2020
Excellent episode.

Tohru and Elma's backstory was interesting and touching. Finally, Ilulu found a suitable job for her. You can't laze around 24/7.

SerafosAug 22, 2021 5:55 AM
Aug 4, 2021 9:29 AM

Apr 2020
seeing how is the world they used to live in was interesting

┌─❈❇❈─┐

└─❈❇❈─┘

Aug 4, 2021 9:30 AM

Dec 2020
Nice that we got to see how Tohru and Elma met and that Elma was always crazy for food, so they are good friends but sometimes it doesnt look so.

Illulu has find a job in a candy shop and we got introduce to take cool.
P O S I T I V E V I B E Sシ

Aug 4, 2021 9:33 AM

Feb 2019
The art/animation during the elma and tohru flashback scenes was amazing. Despite how they fight and act, they are best friends and have been together for a long time. The more you fight with someone, the closer you are

Illulu and Take potential ship?? Started dying when she almost stripped in front of him lol
Aug 4, 2021 9:37 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Haha the backstory xD the love/hate relationship between Thoru and Elma is actually wholesome to be honest, Iruru is finally working no! That's pretty good!!
Aug 4, 2021 9:50 AM

May 2020
Absolutely love it more Elma…nice little back story of Tohru and Elma wholesome and cute moments…..And kinda like Ilulu more and more each episode she really tries to be nice and useful even tho she don’t know what to do now starting to work with this new kid it’s already hilarious Overall Amazing episode
Fun Things Are Fun - Yui Hirasawa
Aug 4, 2021 9:51 AM

Feb 2021
probably my favorite episode so far
my candies:
Aug 4, 2021 10:04 AM

Nov 2011
Thought this was the best episode so far and thats saying something because every episode has been fantastic. Elma and Tohru's relationship I feel is kind of like Sisters at times.

Then Ilulu trying to get a job at the candy store was awesome to watch. I liked how Tohru had to pat her head to bow as well. Idk I found that part rather charming.

Extremely nice episode.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Aug 4, 2021 10:07 AM

Dec 2015
Honestly, the best episode of this series so far
Aug 4, 2021 10:07 AM

Oct 2020
Hmm, we got to see how Tohru first meets Elma and, we got to see more of their backstory. Honestly, this was pretty interesting considering their relationship now. So, I guess Ilulu has a job now, and haha, Taketo's overreactions to Ilulu are pretty hilarious.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 4, 2021 10:16 AM
Oct 2020
It was nice to see Elma and Tohru’s backstory.

I’m warming up alot to Illulu as well. I like what they’re doing with her character.
Aug 4, 2021 10:18 AM

Oct 2017
That was a funny yet beautiful backstory for Elma and Tohru. Really liked the interactions between them. Second half with Ilulu finding a job was sweet. I'm glad she found something she likes to do. Also damn Taketo's head bounced five times when he fell on Ilulu's boobs. That must have been a heavenly experience for him, I'm jealous.
Aug 4, 2021 10:27 AM

Sep 2018
Man do I LOVE Ilulu! That deadpan look on her face as she calls Take ecchi just makes the situation 10x funnier!
well that's just my opinion.....
Aug 4, 2021 10:36 AM
Oct 2020
Tohru and Elma were really nice to see 💖. Ilulu started working in the candy store and Take's arrival. very good episode.❤
Aug 4, 2021 10:41 AM

Apr 2020
I really like the backstory between Elma and Tohru hating each other, I actually find that very wholesome. It is nice to see Ilulu having a job she likes, even if it is weird, it’s still nice to see. The animation in this episode was amazing, I really love Kyoto Animation, so seeing them putting time in their work makes me happy. Overall, I really like this episode. Looking forward to episode 6.
Nina supporter for life💕
Aug 4, 2021 10:42 AM

Jul 2011
When you have a friend for so long that you want to kill it.

Nice flame sacs.
Aug 4, 2021 10:43 AM

Oct 2008
With each new episode, I'm just loving Iruru more and more. Honestly, she's just so damn pure. Kanna's great and all, but there's an underlying element of deadpan cynicism to her. While I'm a huge fan of that type of character (ala Non Non Biyori's Renge), I can't help but admit that Iruru is just far more refreshing, relaxing, and fun to watch. Some of my favorite parts (that are not even fanservice related):

- How her face just lit up when she saw the two girls in the shopping street and immediately wanted to play with them.
- How she was really happy doing a good job in serving the customers.
- How she comforted Take by patting him on his head after he fell over.
- How easily she took a liking to Take and was excited to play tops with him.

You can actually tell that she's having a good time and genuinely cares for others. There's a kind of innocence and childlike wonderment to her that I myself have been sorely lacking for many, many years now, and I can't help but feel both happy for (and somewhat jealous of) her. I hate being cynical, depressed, and angry all the time, but changing one's attitude is much easier said than done.

If this keeps up, she just might become my number 1 favorite Dragon.
Aug 4, 2021 10:50 AM
Feb 2021
Didn't expect Tohru and Elma's backstory this soon but I'm not disappointed!
It was nice seeing how the two of them used to be to each other back when they first met.
Ilulu finally got a job after doing nothing for the first 4 episodes, and it seems like she's doing well which is great!
And that scene at the end with Tohru and Elma was just SO CUTE!
Kinda sad that it's already halfway done, but I'm having a great time regardless

5/5 Episode My favorite one so far!
Aug 4, 2021 10:54 AM

Jan 2021
They deny it, but we all know they get along very well
Very interesting how they met 0.0

Looks like Ilulu and her two "partners" are doing well in their new job ( ͡• ͜ʖ ͡• )

Lovely episode, the best so far
Aug 4, 2021 10:55 AM
Oct 2020
P1X3L_ said:
It was nice seeing how the two of them used to be to each other back when they first met.
Ilulu finally got a job after doing nothing for the first 4 episodes, and it seems like she's doing well which is great!
Kinda sad that it's already halfway done, but I'm having a great time regardless

ilulu vs Tohru, almost destroyed the city and turned kobyashi into a man in ep 1 and its history in ep 2 and a little development in ep 3, and ilulu didn't do anything? bro lol
Aug 4, 2021 10:58 AM
Oct 2020
Actar said:
With each new episode, I'm just loving Iruru more and more. Honestly, she's just so damn pure. Kanna's great and all, but there's an underlying element of deadpan cynicism to her. While I'm a huge fan of that type of character (ala Non Non Biyori's Renge), I can't help but admit that Iruru is just far more refreshing, relaxing, and fun to watch. Some of my favorite parts (that are not even fanservice related):

- How her face just lit up when she saw the two girls in the shopping street and immediately wanted to play with them.
- How she was really happy doing a good job in serving the customers.
- How she comforted Take by patting him on his head after he fell over.
- How easily she took a liking to Take and was excited to play tops with him.

You can actually tell that she's having a good time and genuinely cares for others. There's a kind of innocence and childlike wonderment to her that I myself have been sorely lacking for many, many years now, and I can't help but feel both happy for (and somewhat jealous of) her. I hate being cynical, depressed, and angry all the time, but changing one's attitude is much easier said than done.

If this keeps up, she just might become my number 1 favorite Dragon.
how did you forget the best part that was Tohru and Elma? 😅
Aug 4, 2021 10:59 AM

Mar 2013
Tooru's and Elma's default (former...) look looked better than now: Tooru in her wild appearance (kinda hot!); and Elma in her robe and long hair (is as well hot!) - I do hope that we'll see more in their former appearance... They're pore gold together^-^

Ilulu is simple a innocent and very childish dragon-girl. It's nice that she hasn't more to finght, she can finally her peace find . what she did deserve!
Aug 4, 2021 10:59 AM

Sep 2015
Nice to see Ilulu getting more development, im happy to see her enjoying her new job. Long haired Elma is <3 I liked how some of their backstory was placed throughout the episode, and it seems like Tohru has changed quite a bit since then.
Aug 4, 2021 11:00 AM

Sep 2011
Tohru and Elma backstory was so touching <3 they respect each other and It's a good thing... It's a pity we had few scenes with Kanna in this episode :(

BTW, Take looks like an harem anime protagonist in this scene LOL TakeXIlulu?
Aug 4, 2021 11:07 AM
Feb 2021
GeanWolf2000 said:

ilulu vs Tohru, almost destroyed the city and turned kobyashi into a man in ep 1 and its history in ep 2 and a little development in ep 3, and ilulu didn't do anything? bro lol

Lmao! That did all indeed happen because of her didn't it? Whoops.
Aug 4, 2021 11:29 AM

Jan 2015
Man this was such a great episode and the best one for sure. The animation in some scenes was wow.
I’m so glad we got some flashback about Elma, she was the least fleshed out character. I wonder if we will get some about Quetzalcoal as well.
Aug 4, 2021 11:42 AM
Dec 2011
Ilulu got a job! And maybe a future boyfriend? I'm wondering what would happen if a dragon and human mate... XD lol Also liked how they explained the back story of Tohru and Elma. Really liking how this show is shaping up.
Aug 4, 2021 11:48 AM

Nov 2016
Can't blame Take to stare at something so out of proportion, they must feel amazing too.

Refreshing how Illulu goes about the situation. It seems like she has read too many manga.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Aug 4, 2021 12:00 PM

Sep 2019
Take is a lucky man. I loved Ilulu’s interactions with the kids, they were cute.

Also, Ilulu foot at the end 👀
Aug 4, 2021 12:03 PM

Apr 2016
GeanWolf2000 said:
P1X3L_ said:

I think they meant nothing to contribute to the Kobayashi's home
Aug 4, 2021 12:26 PM

May 2019
This was a hot episode, Lolis everywhere, Ilulu delicious big boobs on display, and a wholesome backstory for Tohru & Elma. I loved it!
Loli hentai is hot.
Aug 4, 2021 12:40 PM

Oct 2008
I made a looping gif.

Aug 4, 2021 12:42 PM

Feb 2014
Take is already a great addition to the lovable cast. I do approve of how he reacted to seeing Ilulu working at his grandmother's candy store and how he had to make sure she didn't accidentally strip naked in front of him and how he ended up face-first into her massive boobs after he tripped over his own shoes. Despite all of that, both of them got along really well. Seeing Ilulu enjoying herself working at the candy store does make me happy. She's really adorable and precious. =3

The backstory of how Tohru and Elma first met was amusing. Despite their constant bickering and fighting, they gone along pretty well, just like they still do now. Once again, KyoAni nailed it with the fighting animation and visuals when Tohru and Elma fought. It was simply visual eye candy and I'm getting really addicted to it! XD

I hope we'll see more of Take in the coming episodes. He's a guy with good taste and he'll do well to keep Ilulu happy.
Aug 4, 2021 1:05 PM

May 2020
Elma sure is pretty,and it was the time when she was "Priestess of the sea" when she first mat Tohru.Was waiting for their backstory and it was really pleasing.
Those racks of Illulu surely are just too big for a normal costume,will be fun to see how she will manage her way in her work now.
Aug 4, 2021 1:21 PM
Jan 2021
"how i met my frenemy"

seeing elma and tohrus backstory was quite cute and emotional, this episode seems more emotional than last season.
Aug 4, 2021 1:22 PM

May 2021
Hot lesbian dragon kiss with the fire and all:

Amazing episode, as usual.
Aug 4, 2021 1:39 PM

May 2021
Liked the Elma and Toru backstory a lot. I also laughed so much at Ilulu and Take. Glad she’s found a job now. Looking forward to the next episode.
AISHITERU...REM!
Aug 4, 2021 1:41 PM

Jul 2014
Ilulu is so wholesome... and lewd. I love her so much! Those delayed "Ecchi" were hilarious.

After Tohru said she was the same age as Ilulu, I was surprised when Ilulu said she was 16. I assumed Tohru was older (of course talking about her "human age").

Elma and Tohru's flashback was great, we even got a weird dragon kiss lol.

Elma is already best girl but long haired Elma is even more best girl <3.
Aug 4, 2021 1:51 PM

Mar 2021
Great episode all around, really liked getting the backstory between Tohru and Elma and the animation on the fight between the two was different but quite nice.
★・・・・・・★
If you wish to treat this incident as our nation’s scheme, that is fine by me. History is written by the victors. All of your false accusations will soon be erased.
★・・・・・・★

Aug 4, 2021 1:54 PM

Feb 2021
I'm really digging this Tohru/Elma dynamic.
Aug 4, 2021 2:02 PM
Mar 2021
Cutest episode so far in all of series history. Elma and Tohru story is super endearing. Love friends like that.

I really just wanna give this a 10 already.
Aug 4, 2021 2:14 PM

Apr 2012

Someone make a gif of Take repeatedly bouncing on Ilulu's Flame sacks
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Aug 4, 2021 2:21 PM

Jul 2014
It was very interesting to get a fairly substantial glimpse of life in the dragons' original world and how Tohru and Elma interacted there: before this, we've had little glimpses here and there of what it was like, but nothing as extensive as this was. The fight scene, however brief, naturally lived up to Kyoani's usual exceptional high standards.

Beyond that, the show finally gave Ilulu something to do in the form of working at the sweets shop. That's only just gotten started so there's not much to say about it yet, but it looks like Take will be Ilulu's human companion in the same way that all the other dragons have one.
Aug 4, 2021 2:22 PM

Mar 2018
damn elma back in the day was dope and i love her old outfit and dragon form

illulu secured the bag and new character pogu
Aug 4, 2021 2:25 PM

Apr 2015
Oh backstory time, between Tohru and Elma. Honestly, scenes like these is what I want to see more often. The world Tohru and the others came from. So I would welcome any type of backstory from any of the girls. It's easy to say that Tohru and Elma's relationship is a little complicated XD

Ilulu was the star of the episode again, rolling around in the house was pretty fun, but when she started the part time job, things to a great turn for the better. The bounces and squishyness were fantastic. She does make a good girl for looking after children, so the candy store job fits her perfectly!

Janethan23 said:

Someone make a gif of Take repeatedly bouncing on Ilulu's Flame sacks

There ya go! ;)
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon S Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 1, 2021

176 by SiMura8723 »»
Mar 29, 8:27 AM

Poll: » Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon S Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 22, 2021

223 by CocoaGalaxy »»
Mar 22, 11:11 PM

Poll: » Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon S Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 15, 2021

147 by CocoaGalaxy »»
Mar 22, 2:24 AM

Poll: » Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon S Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 8, 2021

161 by CocoaGalaxy »»
Mar 17, 5:17 PM

Poll: » Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon S Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 25, 2021

106 by CocoaGalaxy »»
Feb 29, 10:19 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.