Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Aug 4, 2021 8:12 AM
Jan 2021
There’s a lot of people who absolutely love this show and it’s one of their top romance anime’s. But it seemed a little…meh. I mean I watched Just because and that seemed similar to this and I absolutely love all romance anime’s but this was just not it.

When I saw the character designs I though oh they might be going for something mellow and realistic. It’s kinda true but I also thought there will be a little more something. Anyways it’s sad I don’t like it as much but what are the things you all enjoyed about the show that made you like it so much??
Aug 4, 2021 8:18 AM
Jul 2018
The show was just bland. Nothing more to say.
Aug 4, 2021 8:20 AM
Jan 2021
Well yeah it was realistic but that doesn’t make it any less boring. I like romcoms but there has to be a little spice on it like in golden time with banris amnesia or whatever you call that. CGI was also rough. It was fine but I was kinda bored with this show
Aug 4, 2021 8:20 AM
Oct 2020
i think you watched this show expecting the normal overused romance anime cliche.
Aug 4, 2021 8:28 AM
Apr 2021
This is not like any other cliche anime romance shows out there. The story is revolved around Junior High student, of course you wouldn't expect anything like sex scene or such ecchi stuff like any other romance anime have. Like, the show barely got any kiss scene, there's only 2 I believe, but it was wholesome af that's why people love it.

Edit : I also saw your MAL profile, and you've only watched 1 episode. There's no point in making the thread if you haven't seen much of it.
Aug 4, 2021 9:00 AM
Feb 2021
I love this anime cause it shows how weird a relationship between two kids really is. The way their romance develops is truly top tier imo. I’m also a huge fan of the romance fan and I thought this one was great.
Aug 4, 2021 9:01 AM

Mar 2018
This show’s handling of romantic anxiety and the conflict between love and one’s individual aspirations were handled incredibly well. I gave this show a 10 (I tend to overrate anime but w/e), but I do have problems with it.
-Side characters did not feel as satisfying as the main couple
-The animation at time was quite poor
The show’s foremost strength is the main couple’s chemistry, which felt very real and had satisfying development, which is more realistic than a typical anime romance. Try to appreciate the finer details present in the show; Kotarou’s quest in authorship was my personal favorite part, aside from his and Akane's relationship, of course.
Aug 4, 2021 9:27 AM
May 2021
This show was excellent because of lack of cliche in it. There was no unnecessary drama of misunderstanding each other intentions and just not getting together because of miscommunication. I hate it when both characters want same things but they misunderstood each other because of some word play or they listen to a part of conversation or maybe just watched the character with sometime else but this had nothing like that they both started want they wanted and that's what separate or from other shows. But CG crowd was bad.
Aug 4, 2021 9:42 AM
May 2020
Fuyukiw said:
This is not like any other cliche anime romance shows out there. The story is revolved around Junior High student, of course you wouldn't expect anything like sex scene or such ecchi stuff like any other romance anime have. Like, the show barely got any kiss scene, there's only 2 I believe, but it was wholesome af that's why people love it.

Edit : I also saw your MAL profile, and you've only watched 1 episode. There's no point in making the thread if you haven't seen much of it.
maybe he has not updated his list yet
Aug 4, 2021 10:49 AM
Apr 2019
This was the show with the cgi crowds right
Some things can only be achieved through animation.
Aug 4, 2021 11:17 AM
Jan 2019
This show was quite bland in my opinion, I don’t exactly remember why I started watching it. I wasn’t too interested in romance at that time, so I can’t seem to come up with a reason. And so the anime was quite boring to me
Aug 4, 2021 1:39 PM
Feb 2021
There seemed to be a lack of a hook or reason for people to keep watching this show if they weren’t invested by the first episode. In contrary to what a lot of people are saying, I didn’t like the show because of it’s avoidance of cliches nor did I think it was boring at any point. The main factor that allowed me to enjoy the show was the development and introduction of the romance between the two main characters. I felt that the show really emphasized how unlike these two characters were. Akane was a track star and somewhat popular. While Kotaru was an aspiring author and only had two friends. I liked seeing them go from two people who had very little in common and having no way to keep a conversation going, to both of them at least trying to support and understand one another which helps improve their relationship and their personal troubles. I saw that other people didn’t like the lack of chemistry Kotaru and Akane had, but to me I feel that that was the main focus. My reasoning is because that was where the development of the relationship was heading. To me, their relationship development was very genuine. Also, the two main characters were characterized well to me. I wouldn’t say they’re nuanced or anything amazing though. I also liked the how Kotarou helped Akane deal with her anxiety issues and the quirk she had of squeezing the potato was really delightful to me. Those are only a couple things, but you’re right when you say it’s mellow and realistic. I think the main difference here is that while you were disappointed because you were expecting more, I was charmed by the lack of additional drama and the more focused narrative. Anyway, hope this gave you a different perspective.
Aug 4, 2021 7:04 PM
Dec 2020
Well of course you'll feel this way, you dropped it after episode 1 after all, maybe if you had given more time then you might have liked it, uh but noo,I don't think this anime is made for people with taste category like you, it's too realistic, doesn't have pointless scenes and hollow drama,no way I'm disappointed by it
Aug 4, 2021 7:16 PM
Aug 2021
it took a long time to forget this movie
Aug 4, 2021 7:55 PM
Jan 2021
PiyushSan said:
Piyush Senpai pls tell me how did you upload image on your quote
Aug 4, 2021 8:09 PM

Aug 2018
yeah, i kinda hate the show
Aug 4, 2021 9:28 PM
Jul 2018
SakataGintoki_69 said:
PiyushSan said:

Do you mean this image?

It's actually my forum signature.
To embed images use, [img] <image link> [/img​]

@SakataGintoki_69 You're welcome!
removed-userAug 4, 2021 10:43 PM
Aug 4, 2021 9:44 PM

Jul 2019
A straight forward romance. The main couple develops their relationships realistically: They have their strengths and insecurities and because of that, they push each other forward. Imo, it's easily the best romance in all of anime since this medium has been plagued with garbage.

-[ ~♫~ ll Credit ]-
Aug 4, 2021 10:41 PM
Jan 2021
PiyushSan said:
SakataGintoki_69 said:

Do you mean this image?

It's actually my forum signature.
To embed images use, [img] <image link> [/img​]

Arigato gosaimas Senpai
Aug 4, 2021 11:05 PM

Apr 2019
A little bit? The first and second episodes are cool, but later it became one of the worst anime I've ever seen.

Watch Eikoku Koi Monogatari Emma and forget about this garbage called Tsuki ga Kirei.
ProxyLainAug 4, 2021 11:10 PM
Aug 4, 2021 11:08 PM

Apr 2019
LordSozin said:
A straight forward romance. The main couple develops their relationships realistically: They have their strengths and insecurities and because of that, they push each other forward. Imo, it's easily the best romance in all of anime since this medium has been plagued with garbage.

Realist? hahahaha
Yes, two people date and at school they don't even look each other in the face. Very realistic, wow.

Have you seen Eikoku Koi Monogatari Emma? This is the closest thing to something really realistic.
Aug 5, 2021 4:03 AM
Apr 2021
I liked the anime but and it has a good storyline but the romance wasnt that much...the ending was good but i wish if it was animated
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 AM
Jul 2020
ProxyLain said:
LordSozin said:

Realist? hahahaha
Yes, two people date and at school they don't even look each other in the face. Very realistic, wow.

Have you seen Eikoku Koi Monogatari Emma? This is the closest thing to something really realistic.
Pfft,when the show is actually good,but didn't appeal for him,so being toxic. Did you notice that this show rating is way higher than that eikoku? And I have watch it. Yeah,it's good,but didn't pass more than 7 for me. This show is above that show in my list too. Of course,this is just my oponion.
Aug 5, 2021 6:32 AM
Feb 2021
I really loved this series this post made me to re watch final episode again this show is so underrated and ending is so well ridden 😍😭
Aug 5, 2021 6:54 AM
Apr 2021
I loved this show as it was different from others in same genre
Aug 5, 2021 11:46 AM

Apr 2019
Zac22 said:
ProxyLain said:

Realist? hahahaha

Pfft,when the show is actually good,but didn't appeal for him,so being toxic. Did you notice that this show rating is way higher than that eikoku? And I have watch it. Yeah,it's good,but didn't pass more than 7 for me. This show is above that show in my list too. Of course,this is just my oponion.

Seriously do you use evaluation as a quality argument?
Aug 5, 2021 3:04 PM

Jul 2019
ProxyLain said:
LordSozin said:

Realist? hahahaha

No. No. And no. None is none.

-[ ~♫~ ll Credit ]-
Aug 5, 2021 3:07 PM

Jul 2019
ProxyLain said:
Zac22 said:

Who's arguing with you? Your personal opinion and distaste towards Tsuki ga kirei don't mean anything. At the end of the day, you have your preferences and other have theirs.

-[ ~♫~ ll Credit ]-
Aug 5, 2021 3:36 PM
Jul 2020
ProxyLain said:
Zac22 said:

When someone just say a facts but couldn't accept it:
Aug 5, 2021 3:40 PM

Apr 2019
ProxyLain said:

I understand you are doing bait. haha
Aug 5, 2021 8:55 PM
Jul 2020
ProxyLain said:

I understand you are doing bait. haha
Not really,but I take that as you have accepted it. Now,have a nice day~(and if possible,pls refrain yourself from being harsh in commenting next time,okay😉?)
Aug 6, 2021 1:43 PM
Jul 2021
I thought it was good, I’m just a little disappointed they just summed up their life in a couple of text messages and a picture at the end, imo I think there could have had a season 2 and then maybe a movie, still a pretty good ending
Dec 6, 2021 1:25 PM
Feb 2021
SafeCargo said:
it was like 2 sec bro😂
Ratings doesn't matter only enjoyment does.
Masterpiece or mid, generic or fresh,best or worst are all subjective
Eren is goat,and aot is still a masterpiece (eg.subjective opinion)

Dec 6, 2021 3:30 PM
Apr 2019
shivamrajput958 said:
SafeCargo said:
it was like 2 sec bro😂
maybe I'm thinking of a different anime then
Some things can only be achieved through animation.
Dec 6, 2021 3:34 PM

Aug 2020
the reason why this anime is incredible is the fact that is shows a realistic relationship, and that's why I love this show SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH.

Has a 8.60 mean score
Akasaka > Other Mangakas

Dec 11, 2021 7:12 PM
Oct 2016
ya, it's not bad but not great. It's just your typical vanilla romance series.
Dec 15, 2021 8:53 AM

Jun 2021
WannabeWeeb_ said:
I thought it was good, I’m just a little disappointed they just summed up their life in a couple of text messages and a picture at the end, imo I think there could have had a season 2 and then maybe a movie, still a pretty good ending
Yeah true it was kinda weird how they showed it
Many wouldn't even know what happened if they're like me who don't read post credit scenes (except of marvel)
Dec 16, 2021 4:24 PM
Dec 2021
this is a 10/10
it made me remember my first relationship when i was younger and knew nothing about love. At the begining I was the one starting the kisses but after some weeks she was the one doing it!! loved it

The last episode gave me so many strong emotions I felt alive again, I wanted to go out and get a girlfriend again.
Dec 17, 2021 12:12 PM

Sep 2015
It's much better than Horimiya, that's for sure.
Dec 21, 2021 8:32 AM

Aug 2019
Very overrated and unsatisfying, average score over 8 is insane. The show fell flat with plot development and the romance felt hollow and forced. I mean the pair of protagonists being so shy and awkward was kinda charming and refreshing, but other than that it felt very generic and badly written.
Jan 10, 2022 6:09 PM

Jul 2017
Just finished my 4th watch of this and it's still my favorite romance anime out there. Hit home with me on so many levels and gives me kind of a refreshing optimistic what-if perspective too since I broke up with my ex-girlfriend that I dated for 2 and a half years (while it took me 6 years to confess to her) compared to how stuff finishes here in this story.

It's more subtle, dry with its interactions and characters but that's the charm for me. It's more genuine to me seeing Akane and Kotaro have their relationship develop well throughout the series while feeling like real people and feels refreshing from most other romance anime that follow tropes and cliches all the time and drag the romance out for the sake of prolonging the story and getting more seasons/volumes of manga or light novels out of it. Here, everything feels well-written and nicely wrapped up in a small package with some quality drama and pacing, a great build and a cathartic, satisfying ending in the process.

It's not for everyone but it's still up there among my favorites now. The closure was so great that I don't even care that this show had problems in the animation department, I'd rather get a satisfying narrative and character drama experience like this than get a mediocre, uninspired, repeated story with pretty animation since genuinely emotional and well-put together stories are less common for me than visually appealing series. The awkward interactions only hit home with me further since I've been in a position like that before and it's been years since then and I only get nostalgic for it even more now.

Helps that the first time I saw this series, was during my first relationship. In my 4th watch, I've completed 3+ years in my 2nd relationship and still going now. It only takes me back to those days where I learned about love for the first time and was really awkward too with saying anything or even looking at my crush/ex then and relied on Facebook messaging a ton to get my feelings out while I was too shy to meet any girl, let alone the one I liked lol. It's all embarrassing but it's in the past, and I'm glad that this show can reinvigorate those old times in my life in a nostalgic sense while being a great story and experience even without the nostalgia factor. I'm grateful for this for existing, and only wish more romance anime can learn from this when it comes to pacing and developing out a romance story with satisfactory build and closure to it without relying on tropes and gimmicks like most other series to hook viewers. Being genuine and real feels more special in my opinion for something like this.
Jan 11, 2022 2:56 AM

Nov 2020
Nah, I know the anime design are not enjoyable for most people but who cares? The storyline are masterpiece, I love Kotarou and Akane relationships.
What Does Pot of Greed do?
Jan 19, 2022 5:52 AM

Jul 2021
one thing for sure is that it's definitely one of the realistic relationship i've ever seen, but if you watch more animes, there are plenty of more imo realistic ones I've seen such as chuunibyo, spice & wolf, fruits basket w/o the zodiac sign concept going on, hyouka, etc and I think this anime fits in the same category as being apart of them too, also I don't feel relatable yet to tsuki ga kirei since I haven't gotten into a relationship but I've seen some MAL users have relation to this anime and thus, why it exceeded their expectations.
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tsuki ga Kirei Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 29, 2017

622 by RKASHYAP621 »»
Mar 15, 11:57 AM

Poll: » Tsuki ga Kirei Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 20, 2017

228 by RKASHYAP621 »»
Mar 11, 11:58 AM

Poll: » Tsuki ga Kirei Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 4, 2017

199 by DanielHu3 »»
Dec 18, 2023 6:50 PM

Poll: » Tsuki ga Kirei Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2017

248 by _GLADIATOR »»
Nov 19, 2023 8:27 AM

Poll: » Tsuki ga Kirei Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 1, 2017

175 by AoiroBlueColor »»
Aug 14, 2023 10:54 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.