Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Aug 2, 2021 2:33 PM

Oct 2020
Everyone hates the epilogue. I have yet to see any digimon fan that does actually like it.

In that case: how would you end it? What careers would the kids have? Who would end up with who?

Honestly, I just want Ken and Davis to be together. Ken being a detective is fine and I honestly don't mind the ramen shop thing for Davis.

Aug 2, 2021 2:38 PM

Apr 2020
Honestly I wouldn't have done a time skip at all. Leave it open so more content can be created down the line without fucking up the future.
Aug 2, 2021 2:41 PM

Oct 2020
Salty-GB said:
Honestly I wouldn't have done a time skip at all. Leave it open so more content can be created down the line without fucking up the future.

True, but can you at least agree that Matt being an astronaut was an awful idea?

Aug 2, 2021 2:47 PM

Apr 2020
maha_thecat said:
Salty-GB said:

True, but can you at least agree that Matt being an astronaut was an awful idea?

The entire time skip was an awful idea and everything in it. Then Tri attempted to move in that direction in the last 5 minutes like... this isn't good writing.

But sure. Ken and Davis being together makes sense to me. I wouldn't be mad if they just scrapped that future crap and made new 02 stuff though.
Aug 2, 2021 5:11 PM
Amateur Reviewer
Jul 2016
maha_thecat said:
Everyone hates the epilogue. I have yet to see any digimon fan that does actually like it.

In that case: how would you end it? What careers would the kids have? Who would end up with who?

Honestly, I just want Ken and Davis to be together. Ken being a detective is fine and I honestly don't mind the ramen shop thing for Davis.

I'm a Digimon fan and while I don't necessarily like all the marriage pareings or career choices, I quite like the endingšŸ˜…šŸ˜….
Aug 2, 2021 9:11 PM

Jul 2011
I'm fine with the ending. I'll be honest it's not a great ending, and some parts feel odd, but it's better than nothing. It would be pretty odd if Davis and Ken ended up together, as Yolei has shown more interest in him, but hey, to each their own. I might change a few of the jobs for some of them, like Mimi being a cook seems off. Something that suits them better.
Aug 3, 2021 4:55 PM
Apr 2021
The ending is actually average but that’s not why ppl hate on this, digimon fans hate all adaptations except from tamers because directors manage awfully all resources the franchise has. The main problem with digimon animes is that those have no things in common with Digimon as a whole. There’s not only a problem with the end of the anime, there’s a problem with all of it.
Sep 27, 2021 1:47 PM
Jul 2019
I would've done a little timeskip, showing where they are at but one that doesn't tie them down, ruins future possibilities and restricts them if they kept going 10 years later. Would've given serious hints towards the ships the majority wanted like Taiora, Takari, Koumi instead of being petty and making little kids cry whilst pulling ships out of our asses bc I prefer them.

It's been years and I still ask myself what was the reason and what did they gain from that? Except having a lot of fans hold a grudge and tiptoeing around relationships that only the minority liked whilst baiting with the popular ships.

Could've had it easier and surprised no one at Toei says 'come on let's just retcon that bs' but I guess it's bc of 'respect towards the original and the creator who was stubborn'.

Edit: I'm still bitter especially after watching Tri and then Kizuna like just make Takari/Koumi canon wtf instead of hinting at them having feelings and then .. nothing.
lov3lymjSep 27, 2021 2:05 PM
Apr 2, 2022 9:50 PM
Feb 2021
Salty-GB said:

--somewhat spoilers--

Actually if they hadn't done the whole timeskip, matt would've never had an interest in space exploration (which is hinted at the end of tri and kizuna,) And it also wouldn't have shown matt kind of growing out of his music phase and growing up, which was one of the main themes of kizuna.
Apr 2, 2022 9:52 PM
Feb 2021
lov3lymj said:
I would've done a little timeskip, showing where they are at but one that doesn't tie them down, ruins future possibilities and restricts them if they kept going 10 years later. Would've given serious hints towards the ships the majority wanted like Taiora, Takari, Koumi instead of being petty and making little kids cry whilst pulling ships out of our asses bc I prefer them.

It's been years and I still ask myself what was the reason and what did they gain from that? Except having a lot of fans hold a grudge and tiptoeing around relationships that only the minority liked whilst baiting with the popular ships.

Could've had it easier and surprised no one at Toei says 'come on let's just retcon that bs' but I guess it's bc of 'respect towards the original and the creator who was stubborn'.

Edit: I'm still bitter especially after watching Tri and then Kizuna like just make Takari/Koumi canon wtf instead of hinting at them having feelings and then .. nothing.

Yeah, in tri they showed that koushiro like mimi, but they never showed mimi's feelings for him. And takeru and hikari have remained cannon for years. in the dubbed version of 02 he pretty much admitted his feelings for her in episode 13, and in tri movie 3 hikari kind of sees him in a newlight, but there is absolutely nothing about them getting together, while daisuke continues to hit on hikari.
Apr 2, 2022 9:53 PM
Feb 2021
maha_thecat said:

Yeah there were so many other careers... I get that he needed a job that didn't have something to do with music, so that it would seem he had grown up, which caused kizuna's ending. however astronaut is just...bad.
Apr 2, 2022 9:54 PM
Feb 2021
animedude1287 said:
I'm fine with the ending. I'll be honest it's not a great ending, and some parts feel odd, but it's better than nothing. It would be pretty odd if Davis and Ken ended up together, as Yolei has shown more interest in him, but hey, to each their own. I might change a few of the jobs for some of them, like Mimi being a cook seems off. Something that suits them better.

yeah mimi's and matt's jobs were off, but most others seemed alright.
Apr 2, 2022 9:55 PM
Feb 2021
Bimbo1100 said:
The ending is actually average but that’s not why ppl hate on this, digimon fans hate all adaptations except from tamers because directors manage awfully all resources the franchise has. The main problem with digimon animes is that those have no things in common with Digimon as a whole. There’s not only a problem with the end of the anime, there’s a problem with all of it.

all the digimon animes generally focus on the characters, and the digimon themselves never get much character development. Tamers was somewhat decent, i never got to finish it.
Apr 4, 2022 11:57 PM

Apr 2020
Ducksama14 said:
Salty-GB said:

--somewhat spoilers--

Actually if they hadn't done the whole timeskip, matt would've never had an interest in space exploration (which is hinted at the end of tri and kizuna,) And it also wouldn't have shown matt kind of growing out of his music phase and growing up, which was one of the main themes of kizuna.

It was mentioned at the end of Tri (I don't remember it being mentioned at all in Kizuna) as a way to tie in with them writing themselves into a corner with his outlandish career. In Kizuna, he mentioned wanting to move back towards music which is why he bought the harmonica.

Without the timeskip, they wouldn't need to worry about the weird ass shift towards space travel at all.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Digimon Adventure 02 Episode 32 Discussion

emeraldrosary - Apr 11, 2014

7 by ImVodkAna »»
Apr 12, 1:39 PM

Poll: » Digimon Adventure 02 Episode 50 Discussion

FarAwayTimes - Nov 12, 2010

30 by ReeeDr »»
Dec 4, 2023 8:44 AM

Poll: » Digimon Adventure 02 Episode 27 Discussion

emeraldrosary - Apr 11, 2014

11 by Veck8699 »»
Oct 25, 2023 11:24 AM

Poll: » Digimon Adventure 02 Episode 17 Discussion

Chouninatte - Mar 27, 2014

7 by Veck8699 »»
Oct 23, 2023 10:31 AM

Poll: » Digimon Adventure 02 Episode 8 Discussion

dolphin456 - Apr 5, 2012

9 by PureStone »»
Aug 5, 2023 11:47 PM
Itā€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.