Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 31, 2010 3:55 PM

Jul 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The story in this one was fairly ridiculous. For one, Tobi's transformation into some sort of maniacal ruler wasn't believable for a second. Then there was the whole "he used to be a good guy" cliche with Sanga. Not to mention Ken not killing Seiji and the whole random auntie person...oh well the fight at the end was quite good at least.

Also, why did Ken need the help of miss big-tits to break down those iron bars? I recall him breaking a few in the first season of HnK easily...
Zell182Mar 31, 2010 3:59 PM
Dec 5, 2011 2:44 PM

Dec 2010
The other newer Hokuto no Ken movies along with these OVA's aren't good at drama. I do want it to be better but at least it's tolerable. They are like big muscle apes lol when they are angry with emotional drama.

I agree...Ken should have no problem breaking those bars. Even if those were special bars he could have just broken the side of the walls too and bring down the whole building. But maybe he also wanted to avoid attention and hurt people in the process of getting out as they know Tobi locked him up (so the stupid fanatics may attack him if he gets out).

Overall these OVA's were what I wanted from the newer movies. The gore was great and fight scenes were definitely better as you can see them move a lot of times instead of seeing still like images.

I gave the old year 1986 movie 8/10, the newer movies 6 and 7 out of 10, and these OVA's an 8/10 overall. Some of the fights were actually good, that's why I like it enough for an 8. :)
Dec 12, 2012 8:43 PM

Jun 2010
If they wanted to do one of the usual teary FotNS death scenes with Tobi, why go to all that effort to turn him into a villain first? I couldn't feel very sorry for him and the way he lamented fate as if he hadn't recently made a series of terrible decisions was downright funny.

This series was pretty bland until now when it became downright bad.
Feb 14, 2014 12:08 PM
Dec 2010
Not true successor to series but also not bad continuation. Kenshiro seemed different he didn't walk his way to the final boss right front way as he used to do in series. He was trapped behind bars not strong enough to break them down while in tv series he teared down buildings not just bars.
Final fight - well It wasn't bad, i think i remember similar situations from series (figuring person's eyes or not killing someone because of women ask him not to).

What i liked was fighting , finally there's more than just recycled slide show with symbolic attacks.

Voice actor was different and i just can't get used to him, It seems like he doesn't have enough of !bad ass! voice.

And it felt so short. It would nice to see remake or longer continuation. I would also be interested in kid who seems to be new successor (hinted 2x in series). That could be material for whole new series.
( Currently interested in OP MC genre. Recommendations are welcomed, preferable those yet not on my list )
Jan 6, 2015 9:59 PM

Oct 2009
Zell182 said:
Also, why did Ken need the help of miss big-tits to break down those iron bars? I recall him breaking a few in the first season of HnK easily...

He destroyed a tank with his bare hands, for god's sake...

Mika_Inamori said:
But maybe he also wanted to avoid attention and hurt people in the process of getting out as they know Tobi locked him up (so the stupid fanatics may attack him if he gets out).

I don't think it was the case. Besides, he dealt with Clifflanders without killing them, so that would hardly be a problem with mere mobs...

Fronzel said:
I couldn't feel very sorry for him and the way he lamented fate as if he hadn't recently made a series of terrible decisions was downright funny.

I agree but lets put him aside, he wasn't in a state to think properly because of his injuries. What surprised me the most is that Kenshiro sympathized with him. For god's sake, what the hell? You were locked in a cage by this very guy just a minute ago because he wanted power!

greenmarty said:
It would nice to see remake

There is
Jan 28, 2016 1:03 PM

Jun 2015
Much better than both previous seasons! surprisingly the main antagonist here is even better than Raou from season 1 lol. But still, this OVA has too much flaws and stupidness as usual.
3/10
Jan 28, 2016 1:07 PM

Jul 2015
Yeah so.......

I'm a manga reader so I don't know what you guys are talking about .

What happened in this ep ?
Wohooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Dec 19, 2016 3:06 PM

Dec 2015
I was going to give it a 5/10 (even thought the almost everything about it sucked, I still enjoyed it in a way lol), but Aunt Yuna and Sera ruined it for me with their unnecessary drama at the end. 4/10
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Apr 26, 2018 8:30 PM

Jul 2017
Pretty good story to this OVA overall, and it was relevant with the taking hold of the hate thing. I do agree with a few of the issues mentioned though. The aunt was random, Sanga was clearly in the wrong (though I get that he meant well [though that doesn't always work out as we can see here and in real]), and Kenshiro probably should have been able to break the bars. Still, I felt legit sad at how the cruel world turned everybody bad. Also, I have to mention that this was the goriest thing I have ever seen with that mustache guy chopping people up.
Dec 26, 2019 3:58 AM

Jul 2015
Wait how the heck can Kenshiro not break those iron bars, why not break the wall around it

I feel bad for Tobi, turning into a maniacal ruler, losing a lot of things and eventually dying, all because of Sango and Seiji

I feel like the whole story of Seiji and his relations a bit shitty, he definitely deserved death for what he had done

Pretty great fight, animation was nice

Apr 25, 2020 4:08 PM

Feb 2017

"The hearts of the people who love you let you regain a human heart."

More topics from this board

Poll: » New Fist of the North Star Episode 2 Discussion

ballistique - Feb 5, 2009

6 by eski514 »»
Apr 24, 2020 7:06 PM

Poll: » New Fist of the North Star Episode 1 Discussion

ballistique - Feb 5, 2009

10 by eski514 »»
Apr 23, 2020 7:23 PM

» Knowledge of original series needed??

Masamasa - Mar 22, 2008

2 by greenmarty »»
Feb 14, 2014 11:55 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.