Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 31, 2010 3:26 PM

Aug 2008
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
The flashback was cute and got us to know about how Shinobu became such a player. The ending was funny, too.

I enjoyed this manga even if it was basically hentai. It still had a nice story.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 24, 2012 2:58 PM
The Priest Esser

Nov 2011
I still don't know how people rate this a 10. It was okay, but not really more. It's just plain hentai, the story is really poor and the only good relationship is between the main characters and not even their relationship is steady, you would think they would leave everyone out of their sexlives for good now, but no.
idk why I was here but I'm prob back to playing Dragon's Dogma 2 again when you read this

Aug 6, 2014 9:43 PM

Jan 2014
So, we end up with a menage a trois?? I'm sure they can work, but Momoko and Shinobu are so in love and Maaya is well, pretty pointless—so kick her out! There's something of a romantic story, but then the hentai has to take over…
Oct 16, 2014 1:19 PM

May 2011
The author could have just drawn bunch of pussy close-ups instead of this.
I definitely have superpowers. I can feel it in my balls.
Nov 28, 2015 2:25 PM

Sep 2014
Every time I re-read this I think the same things, mainly that the last chapters seemed rushed to me.

What happened to Kirin!? Kirin loved Shinobu and wanted to serve her, and didn't care that she had to share her with Momoko, and Shinobu seemed to accept her. Then, POOF, like, the very next chapter Kirin just vanishes with Matsuri.

I thought that Momoko and Shinobu's relationship was a little quick. The teacher gets sick and has to leave, then suddenly it's like Momoko and Shinobu's relationship goes from 0 to 60 in 1 second.

Now, I loved that the manga ended in a threesome, as I've never seen that before. However, it seemed so rushed that Momoko just suddenly accepted Maya. There had to be a lot of development between those two that we never saw. One minute they've barely talked, then the next they're lovers, along with Shinobu.

That said, despite those flaws, I really enjoyed this manga. However, I really wish it was 3 or 4 chapters longer, then maybe the relationship between Momoko and Shinobu, and Momoko and Maya, could have been fleshed out a little more.

7/10, enjoyed it despite the flaws. Though the 7 is probably a... I think it's called a nostalgia vote? I didn't start seriously reading manga until 2 years ago, and Shoujo Sect was one of the very first I read. If I read it for the first time now I'd probably only give it a 6 due to my aforementioned issues. However, I don't like lowering my vote later, I prefer to keep it at my initial impression(s).
CasyleNov 28, 2015 9:36 PM
Feb 3, 2016 6:34 PM

Oct 2015
LoL... just finished read the manga for the second time after a long time.

What about Kirin? What about Matsuri? What about sensei?

At some points I think the OVAs do much better...

What I liked more about the manga was the ´harem´ end in the final extras chapters. It was the special touch.

Still, 6/10 (same for the OVAs)
TechOtaku-hApr 22, 2018 3:12 PM
Mar 11, 2016 4:53 PM

Dec 2011
WHAT HAPPENED TO KIRIN?...

...is probably my biggest complaint, as others have mentioned. After how desperate and resilient she was with staying beside Shinobu, it doesn't seem like it was within her character to just... leave. There was no closure and no material that hinted she would. Likewise, Shinobu didn't say anything about it. For someone who needed constant reassurance that she was loved, Kirin was one of only two souls Shinobu always needed to have beside her. Like, it was only natural to have Kirin there. It was strange to only have Maya stay until the end. Although I liked Momoko as well, it was too rushed to suddenly have her be a part of the main couple. I think I would have enjoyed it just a little more if Kirin, Maya, and Shinobu were the end, the three of them still maintaining a successful poly relationship, and Momoko moving on to explore her own wants and desires. It feels like she didn't really get the chance to because her feelings for the sensei were the first thing in this manga where she herself acted on. If not this, then at least to have developed these characters more before leading up to the ending we got.

The dynamic between Maya/Momoko felt weird, and I wondered how it managed to work, until this scene came up:

Maya snuggled next to Momoko when she included her in a (hypothetical) plan to run away. She wears her heart on her sleeve, so I think it's possible for her to quickly open up to people who are nice to her and equally nice to Shinobu. Momoko on the other hand, straightforwardly likes to look after people (her friends, throwing that fire extinguisher at Shinobu's assaulter). She could have said she would run away by herself in her brief anger against Shinobu, but instead, included the lover of her lover. This is probably what Maya noticed, and thus was wooed. It would have been something special to see the mangaka develop these two if only there were more chapters.

But I digress. The groundwork for a great ending is there, just needed some holes to patch up. At least the art was nice.
CMYKMar 11, 2016 5:22 PM
Mar 30, 2017 12:46 AM

Jun 2013
I guess I was just overhyped. SS is just your typical hentai with a mediocre if not shitty story. Nothing's special about it.
Apr 22, 2018 12:33 PM

Mar 2017
ugh. Very rushed.
I was hoping for more development between Shinobu and Momoko. I was hoping for more scenes of the two of them being cute and lovey dovey LOL

I didn't expect for Maya to live with them also. //sighs
why can't the two of them just be with each other without anyone being the third party.

猫はかわいいです。 (ꈍ ‸ ꈍ)

Mar 3, 2020 12:49 PM

Jan 2016
Why is this rated as a 7.11 this was one of the dumbest things I've ever read.

Art wasn't good, plot wasn't good, characters weren't good.

Overall dogshit 1/10 made no fuckin sense.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shoujo Sect Chapter 7 Discussion

ckam - Mar 30, 2010

1 by BTDarklings »»
Mar 3, 2020 12:23 PM

Poll: » Shoujo Sect Chapter 6 Discussion

therubicon - Jan 3, 2010

1 by BTDarklings »»
Mar 3, 2020 12:20 PM

Poll: » Shoujo Sect Chapter 4 Discussion

ckam - Mar 30, 2010

1 by BTDarklings »»
Mar 3, 2020 12:14 PM

Poll: » Shoujo Sect Chapter 3 Discussion

ckam - Mar 29, 2010

1 by BTDarklings »»
Mar 3, 2020 12:11 PM

Poll: » Shoujo Sect Chapter 2 Discussion

ckam - Mar 28, 2010

1 by BTDarklings »»
Mar 3, 2020 12:06 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.