Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 1, 2021 1:42 AM

Sep 2018
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This episode was pretty average. Fillers are losing touch nowadays and it is pretty obvious whodunnit.
Aug 1, 2021 6:47 AM
May 2019
Anime_Guy219 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This episode was pretty average. Fillers are losing touch nowadays and it is pretty obvious whodunnit.

I totally agree with you , too much fillers for no reason . Im glad that i switch to manga since 2019
Fillers = skip
Aug 1, 2021 7:17 PM

Dec 2015
This was okay. Been a while since the police and forensics team were on a case doing something. Love how the writers were trying to figure the case out. They really showed the spirit of a mystery writer.

I wonder if Kogoro and the others will ever try to confirm that they are meeting with the person instead of taking Conan's word for it.

The trick was somewhat interesting. There was an incident in London where a skyscraper melted some cars and burned buildings, so it seems plausible enough. Although I'm not sure how long it would take for it to heat up a bullet to fire it. Then again it is summer in Tokyo, Japan at the time of the case. @7:49 I like that the calendar is accurate to this year. So this case was on July 4th? So they see temperatures of around 90 degrees Fahrenheit at noon. Even so...

On another note, Conan throwing shade on Kogoro was a nice touch at the end.

ゴーストライターになってしまうなんて、大変だね。

Heard that the next episode isn't going to air until August 14th (probably because of the Olympics?) and no episode on the 21st. Looks like we are in for more filler.
hai_X_isAug 1, 2021 7:20 PM
Aug 4, 2021 6:36 PM

Jul 2016
First time I heard "howdunnit". Meh episode.
Aug 8, 2021 10:49 AM

Jul 2008
They need more fillers with butlers so we can say THE BUTLER DID IT!!!
Aug 11, 2021 2:47 AM

Oct 2015
I suppose that - based on the more complicated nature of the trick - one may argue that this episode has to be one of Conan's most compelling anime originals this year - it certainly was not that 'mindless' compared to what we are used to watch nowadays - you had to think about it a little in order to arrive to the conclusion, which is not a given in the 'filler part' of this show.

Needless to say, I strongly disagree with that sentiment. If anything, the trick was not so much complicated, as it was fairly convoluted - and in a rather not very convincing way. Thinking process in the writing of this mystery, there was, unquestionably even. The problem lies in the fact that such (supposedly) careful thought did not make much sense with the narrative. The writer did not take into consideration the context in which this trick should have been used. The episode thus failed to answer this very simple, yet also very essential question: why using this trick? Cui bono? - To whom was it a benefit? The culprit? I fail to see why: with how his alibi was framed, he did not need to 'go for the jugular'. The initial premise, as flawed as it was considering the weapon and the state of the room, made more sense on the face it.

It bears testament to how this case was written: backwards. The trick requires some thought put into it, therefore it is nifty. It is not - there was no proper hint leading to the aforementioned ploy: all the elements related to it contradicted the foundation of the narrative. It was not 'fair play', and it could not have been so considering that the case was tortuous for the sake of it, and not because the culprit did not have any other choice. That explains why, outside of the tools used to kill the victim, the episode had nothing more to offer: the culprit was very obvious from the start, his motive was generic as hell, his alibi was so obviously fake that it hurt, and the interaction between all the characters felt even more lacking compared to previous anime orginal episodes from this year.
Dec 16, 2022 12:46 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
ghost writers?! nice episode!!! kekeke
Dec 20, 2023 12:19 PM
Mar 2018
Another banger! This feels like an old school filler episode, with a solid cast of characters and an engaging quest for truth. The trick used in the murder was pretty cool and I didn't expect that resolution.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Detective Conan Episode 700 Discussion

Kaito__Kid - Jun 15, 2013

36 by Elyshion »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » Detective Conan Episode 11 Discussion

Jawaese - Aug 17, 2010

33 by xiao_li »»
Apr 16, 2:27 AM

Poll: » Meitantei Conan Episode 1119 Discussion

hai_X_is - Apr 6

8 by jcadle »»
Apr 14, 3:17 PM

Poll: » Detective Conan Episode 1100 Discussion

hai_X_is - Oct 14, 2023

5 by AnimeLover813 »»
Apr 14, 3:57 AM

Poll: » Detective Conan Episode 1099 Discussion

hai_X_is - Sep 30, 2023

13 by AnimeLover813 »»
Apr 14, 3:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.