Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Mar 26, 2022 9:23 PM

Feb 2019
Offkorn said:
Eh... this is basically the equivalent of a generic battle shounen filler movie.

The villain is bad, the big cast reunion is nonsensical, and the protagonists are still the most ineffectual combatants in the series.

If you haven’t played the game or don’t know anything about FGO I’d probably refrain from calling it bad because nothing in this film is bad.
Mar 27, 2022 4:36 PM

Nov 2019
Marinate1016 said:
If you haven’t played the game or don’t know anything about FGO I’d probably refrain from calling it bad because nothing in this film is bad.

I know quite a bit about FGO as an Anime series, as I've seen the entire thing.

Babylonia is great, Camelot is good (as an action spectacle), and First Order does well as an introduction. This is just plain generic.

Also; I didn't say it was bad. I said the villain's bad. There's a difference there.
Mar 27, 2022 5:12 PM

Feb 2019
Offkorn said:
Marinate1016 said:

I know quite a bit about FGO as an Anime series, as I've seen the entire thing.

Babylonia is great, Camelot is good (as an action spectacle), and First Order does well as an introduction. This is just plain generic.

Also; I didn't say it was bad. I said the villain's bad. There's a difference there.

>as an anime series

Not as a game so of course you’re missing characterisation about the antagonists. These are meant to be fan service for people who PLAYED and know the story. It’s not meant to be info friendly for casuals. Not playing and then complaining about writing or backstory is … silly at best, disingenuous at worst.
Apr 1, 2022 1:59 PM

Feb 2019
And so the Grand Order is concluded... first part.

As a fgo player, I think this movie is okay. The fights are stunningly well done, Goetia looks good, when the Servants assemble it's a goosebumps inducing moment!

Only problem is probably it's a movie and inevitably the content has to be rushed, but I don't think it can be done better than this. I thought they cut Fou's sacrifice scene but it plays out in the credits, which I find awesome!

Now, how epic would it be if the Lostbelts are animated into series? I must wait and hope.
Based Certified.
I love anime armpits.
Apr 3, 2022 8:19 PM
Jan 2021
SkyhighCFC said:
jacksonmason said:
well this was quite disappointing and everyone praise cloverworks for there "perfect fate adaptation" yeah right, but overall this movie is like 4.5/10

^ Definitely someone who hasn't played the game.
nah his right tho.. Camelot 2 is way better in my opinion.
Apr 4, 2022 10:05 AM
May 2021
Kurasaki_Kenji said:
SkyhighCFC said:

^ Definitely someone who hasn't played the game.

Camelot 2, though better than the awful 1st movie, was not able to fix all the issues that the 1st movie presented. It wasn't bad as a standalone, but as an adaptation it sucked. Not exactly the producer's fault since they were forced to continue from a completely scuffed movie 1, but that doesn't make it good.
Apr 9, 2022 10:49 PM
Jan 2021
SkyhighCFC said:
Kurasaki_Kenji said:

Camelot 2, though better than the awful 1st movie, was not able to fix all the issues that the 1st movie presented. It wasn't bad as a standalone, but as an adaptation it sucked. Not exactly the producer's fault since they were forced to continue from a completely scuffed movie 1, but that doesn't make it good.
then Solomon was Bad adaptation also.. like Camelot 2 is way better then Solomon.. I cry watching Bedivere in the movie.. but while mash just "POOF" i dont feel a thing.. its not because I play the game it just.. I dont feel anything for her death.
Apr 11, 2022 5:38 PM
May 2021
Kurasaki_Kenji said:
SkyhighCFC said:

then Solomon was Bad adaptation also.. like Camelot 2 is way better then Solomon.. I cry watching Bedivere in the movie.. but while mash just "POOF" i dont feel a thing.. its not because I play the game it just.. I dont feel anything for her death.

Whether you felt anything during Mash's death scene is a different matter altogether.

But to say Camelot movie 2 is a better adaptation is laughable. It was NOT faithful to the source material. Entire characters were cut, multiple skipped scenes, rushed developments and I can go on.

Solomon's adaptation was not perfect, but at least it stuck to the source material and didn't skip anything of note. The pacing was decent too and visually it looked good.
Oct 7, 2022 12:17 PM

Aug 2010
Except for the bit regarding Mash they skipped, I loved it. It was like seeing a bunch of friends getting animated. Was a very satisfactory adaptation for me, who has played the game for a long time.
Nov 14, 2022 6:42 PM

Jul 2014
It's a huge fanservice movie. I feel bad for the people that only watched FGO anime trying to understand what is going on. They cut out a lot about Fou's identity.
Pretty good movie though.
Nov 28, 2022 2:40 AM
Jan 2017
SkyhighCFC said:
Kurasaki_Kenji said:

Whether you felt anything during Mash's death scene is a different matter altogether.

But to say Camelot movie 2 is a better adaptation is laughable. It was NOT faithful to the source material. Entire characters were cut, multiple skipped scenes, rushed developments and I can go on.

Solomon's adaptation was not perfect, but at least it stuck to the source material and didn't skip anything of note. The pacing was decent too and visually it looked good.
You mean characters and scenes that are completely irrelevant to the story? Camelot is Bedivere and the Knights' story, cutting those 2 characters were the best choice they made. Forcing them into the movie will only make the story a mess and confuse the viewers. I'd argue even characters like Sanzang and Serenity should be cut as they didn't contribute enough to the movie.

On the other hand while Solomon didn't cut too much stuff from the game (not like there's anything to be cut aside from stupid servant conversations) the direction of the movie is absolutely horrendous. Just like what the other guy said none of the iconic scenes from the game had the same feelings in the movie. It feels more like a recap of what happened, rather than trying to tell the story to the viewers. In terms of adapting the story Camelot 2 is hundred times better than Solomon. The director truly understood the knights' characters and their clash of ideals

Nov 28, 2022 4:57 PM
May 2021
DoTaku_2002 said:
SkyhighCFC said:

You mean characters and scenes that are completely irrelevant to the story? Camelot is Bedivere and the Knights' story, cutting those 2 characters were the best choice they made. Forcing them into the movie will only make the story a mess and confuse the viewers. I'd argue even characters like Sanzang and Serenity should be cut as they didn't contribute enough to the movie.

On the other hand while Solomon didn't cut too much stuff from the game (not like there's anything to be cut aside from stupid servant conversations) the direction of the movie is absolutely horrendous. Just like what the other guy said none of the iconic scenes from the game had the same feelings in the movie. It feels more like a recap of what happened, rather than trying to tell the story to the viewers. In terms of adapting the story Camelot 2 is hundred times better than Solomon. The director truly understood the knights' characters and their clash of ideals

Yea... I wholeheartedly disagree with pretty much everything you said here. ESPECIALLY the part where you tried to suggest cutting Sanzang and Serenity would have somehow made it even better? Like HUH? You cannot be serious man 😭

Camelot movie 2 is objectively not a better adaptation for the reasons I stated above. It did not properly adapt the game and cut characters who were relevant to the plot in the game. You claim they were irrelevant, but without Touta, those villages would have starved to death. Yet in the movie they were magically fine with no food? Lmao ok...

The fact they did the knight stuff well should be considered the bare minimum considering as you said, that's what it's all about. But guess what? The Solomon film did the Goetia stuff well and properly portrayed Goetia and all the relevant characters in the story, whilst maintaining the game's proper chronological events and without cutting relevant characters and content. It's as simple as that.
Dec 26, 2022 3:41 AM

May 2020
I feel like this film was rather straight forward, and a bit rushed at times. Pretty much same as the other singularity in Fate Grand Order, the story plot was not that complex and I feel like that it would be unfair to say that the film is mid just because it is predictable, but the overall pacing as well as the writing for the script is pretty much average. It's not bad, but nothing too good either. When compared to the predecessor, Babylonia, this film feels like a shadow to it due to the amount of emotional scenes and the overall structuring of the story. The characters are much engaging in the Babylonia, while in this film pretty much Mash and Fujimaru are the only two worthwhile to be mentioned. The servants who appear are just there to fight, with no use otherwise. The story plot feels like that it is missing plenty of details and substances we get from the game, and the film feels pretty much like counting number from 1, than instantly to 200, then 1000. There is nothing in between these numbers. What's happened have nothing in between to develop their happening, and all the events feel pretty much detached and unconnected. Consider this is a film adaptation of a game that require hours of playing, perhaps it has tried it's best in trying to adapt it. But I honestly believe that if they are splitting this into a two parts movie, or even adapting it as a TV series instead, there could have been much more contents necessary to the plot being included as well. But other than the rather unimpressive writing and characters, the overall production quality of the film is actually good. Cloverwork is a guaranteed to be good kind of studio in my eyes with recent works such as Spy X Family, My Dress Up Darling and a much less mentioned Akebi's Sailor Uniform. I feel like that this film is also a visually stunning one with a pretty vibrant and lively looking scenes. The soundtracks are of nothing special unfortunately, unlike Babylonia where we have Milet's songs and Maaya Sakamoto's insert song. This one again is lacking in terms of the music. Overall I give this film a 6 in my list, but it can actually be a 5 or even 4. I wanted to be a bit kinder with the score since I am a fan of Fate Grand Order, or the whole Fate franchise as a whole, and with the Solomon Singularity being one of the most popular part of the game amongst Babylonia and Camelot, I don't want to give this film a below average score. I will say that only watch this film if you are a super big fan of Fate who has to watch everything Fate related series, or you are just free and have nothing else better to do. But otherwise, this film is just decent, but not really worth the time for non Fate fans.
Jan 1, 2023 2:03 PM
Jun 2020
The end is pretty cool.
Feb 13, 2023 5:19 PM
Jan 2020
shitty anime overall.
Feb 19, 2023 1:04 PM

Apr 2013
It was cool seeing all the servants together, even though I did not recognize most of them. The rest was just like the other movies, I have no idea what's going on.
May 15, 2023 7:41 PM

Nov 2010
07:24 That upgrade on his back looks like a RIG from Deadspace.
I got goosebumps when all of those servants appeared. That was such a sight to see!
After seeing so many ass shots, especially Mash's, I will be watching an*l sex hentai after this.
50:29 Not a bad plan. Sacrifice everyone that exists now to create a new world filled with immortals. However, you'll have to hope to be reborn into that new world. Anyway, just like him, I despise the concept of death. Why be born to die someday? The thought of that depresses me every day. I want to exist forever and enjoy everything that I have accomplished forever!
I disagree with what they're fighting for here: life being so precious because it's fleeting. The partings and so on. Screw that! Eternal life is the only kind of life worth living!
Yup, they'll have plenty of adventures together... in bed! It's time for Ritsuka to have lots of sex with Mash and help repopulate the planet!
Anyway, a very good movie with top-tier animation and visuals. Goetia looks so badass, and the fights looked cool! The story is alright. Very predictable, though, such as Mash being alive in the end, etc.
Jun 28, 2023 2:46 PM

Dec 2012
Lol that suit is from Dead Space..
And I didn't expect that twist overall good movie 7/10

Aug 26, 2023 9:03 PM

Jul 2016
Finally I was able to see my beloved Scáthach in a Fate anime adaptation. Not a single dialogue, only a couple of super short but badass action sequences and she wasn't even shown fading away when Goetia Thanos-snapped everyone. What queen~

Cool movie overall. Not enough ear-raping sound effects tho.

7/10
Apr 11, 11:16 AM

Mar 2013
I'm glad to see Jeanne animated in this movie, even for a bit. I also recognised a few characters from the game.

If only Jeanne's story was animated... 😖😖😖
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Apr 20, 5:55 PM
Mar 2023
CATH PALUG PERDONAME POR LLAMARTE DEUX EX MAQUINA,JAMAS TE OLVIDARE A TI NI A ROMANI ARCHMAN ESTOY LIT LLORANDO CON EL ENDING DE FONDO 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» Some questions about the plot (Spoilers)

Mathi786 - Jan 31

9 by Code-Valhalla »»
Feb 3, 3:35 AM

» Don't watch this if you haven't played the game

KaizukaZekrom - Jan 22, 2022

39 by Sol_Ou »»
Oct 15, 2023 3:35 PM

» Do I need to watch the Camelot movies first?

StuntMastah - Aug 19, 2023

6 by PurpleMoon7 »»
Aug 19, 2023 3:06 PM

» We’re in the End Game!

Reshiram_IX - Mar 22, 2020

31 by LISA302 »»
Jul 25, 2023 10:05 AM

» Question about King Solomon

DarkEmperor69 - Mar 26, 2022

2 by Khalil04 »»
Aug 30, 2022 10:15 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.