Forum Settings
Forums

Princess Mononoke or Spirited Away (please choose one for me)

New
Jul 31, 2021 3:25 AM

Mar 2021
Tonight I'm alone at home, so I'm inviting some of my friends to my house for a little party and together we want to watch an anime movie. Surprisingly, many of my friends, including myself, have never seen a Studio Ghibli movie other than "Grave of the fireflies". So we decided to watch one of the popular Studio Ghibli movies. But we are confused between these above two so please help us with your suggestions

P.S. We are looking for something entertaining

𝓜𝓪𝔂𝓫𝓮 𝔀𝓮 𝓽𝓻𝓲𝓮𝓭 𝓽𝓸 𝓵𝓮𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪𝓼 𝓶𝓾𝓬𝓱 𝓶𝓮𝓶𝓸𝓻𝓲𝓮𝓼 𝓸𝓯 𝓸𝓾𝓻𝓼𝓮𝓵𝓿𝓮𝓼 𝔀𝓲𝓽𝓱 𝓮𝓪𝓬𝓱 𝓸𝓽𝓱𝓮𝓻 𝓫𝓮𝓬𝓪𝓾𝓼𝓮 𝔀𝓮 𝓴𝓷𝓮𝔀 𝓸𝓷𝓮 𝓭𝓪𝔂 𝔀𝓮 𝔀𝓸𝓾𝓵𝓭𝓷'𝓽 𝓫𝓮 𝓽𝓸𝓰𝓮𝓽𝓱𝓮𝓻 𝓪𝓷𝔂 𝓶𝓸𝓻𝓮
Jul 31, 2021 3:34 AM
ranked 54 in FAL
Mar 2018
both are great, that really depends on your friends group and what you're in the mood for, i'd say spirited away is more light-hearted and therefore might be better for a group, but if you want something more serious that's aimed at a somewhat older target audience, princess mononoke is probably the choice.
Jul 31, 2021 3:39 AM

Mar 2021
betaweeb said:
both are great, that really depends on your friends group and what you're in the mood for, i'd say spirited away is more light-hearted and therefore might be better for a group, but if you want something more serious that's aimed at a somewhat older target audience, princess mononoke is probably the choice.
thank you very much, any suggestion apart from these??😅

𝓜𝓪𝔂𝓫𝓮 𝔀𝓮 𝓽𝓻𝓲𝓮𝓭 𝓽𝓸 𝓵𝓮𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪𝓼 𝓶𝓾𝓬𝓱 𝓶𝓮𝓶𝓸𝓻𝓲𝓮𝓼 𝓸𝓯 𝓸𝓾𝓻𝓼𝓮𝓵𝓿𝓮𝓼 𝔀𝓲𝓽𝓱 𝓮𝓪𝓬𝓱 𝓸𝓽𝓱𝓮𝓻 𝓫𝓮𝓬𝓪𝓾𝓼𝓮 𝔀𝓮 𝓴𝓷𝓮𝔀 𝓸𝓷𝓮 𝓭𝓪𝔂 𝔀𝓮 𝔀𝓸𝓾𝓵𝓭𝓷'𝓽 𝓫𝓮 𝓽𝓸𝓰𝓮𝓽𝓱𝓮𝓻 𝓪𝓷𝔂 𝓶𝓸𝓻𝓮
Jul 31, 2021 3:40 AM
Jul 2021
No one knows what you'll like more. Both movies are meant to get you immersed in beautiful worlds and spirited away is better at that imo. Both are pretty close though.
Jul 31, 2021 3:44 AM
ranked 54 in FAL
Mar 2018
SAT_KUMAR said:
betaweeb said:
thank you very much, any suggestion apart from these??😅

maybe https://myanimelist.net/anime/543/Vampire_Hunter_D_2000

it's a pretty great action movie, i wouldn't say it's better than those ghibli classics, but maybe it's more appropriate for a group of friends watching, really depends on your group's likes and dislikes.
Jul 31, 2021 4:06 AM

Jul 2021
So, you haven't watched the one shown in your forum signature? Haha!

Princess Mononoke can be rather long and dull. I do not recommend it for a party.

Spirited Away is more fitting. So too with Howl's Moving Castle. I'd recommend these two for "beginners" and for parties.

EDIT:
In case you want more suggestions regarding Ghibli films:
If you're into engineers, engineering, planes then The Wind Rises is good too.
If you're into kids films then My Neighbor Totoro it is.
If you're into metaphorical kids films with messages regarding the environment then Ponyo.
If you're okay with old visuals and into fantasy stuff with hints of pacifism then Castle in the Sky.
If you're okay with old visuals and into planes & war-themed films (also with hints of brotherhood and pacifism) then Porco Rosso.

Isao Takahata's stuff are not really fitting for beginners and for movie nights.
butnotformeJul 31, 2021 4:14 AM
Jul 31, 2021 4:07 AM

Mar 2021
alright thank you very much

Jul 31, 2021 4:17 AM

Mar 2021
butnotforme said:

Princess Mononoke can be rather long and dull. I do not recommend it for a party.

Spirited Away is more fitting. So too with Howl's Moving Castle. I'd recommend these two for "beginners" and for parties.
alright then I think we will go for "Spirited Away"

butnotforme said:
So, you haven't watched the one shown in your forum signature? Haha!
😅😄ya actually I liked the art so I used it as my signature. Although I am planning to watch that movie

Jul 31, 2021 4:21 AM

Jul 2021
@SAT_KUMAR good decision.

Forgot one more film, Kiki's Delivery Service. It's actually among the best of them all. Though males rarely put it in their favorites.
Jul 31, 2021 4:55 AM

Jul 2021
Both are great imo but it depends on the taste of you and your friends tho & if you are into action anime I would highly recommend sword of the stanger it's really good and it has some of best fight scenes which would really captivate you and your friends
Jul 31, 2021 5:28 AM

Mar 2021
-sideswipe- said:
Both are great imo but it depends on the taste of you and your friends tho & if you are into action anime I would highly recommend sword of the stanger it's really good and it has some of best fight scenes which would really captivate you and your friends
thanks I have added it into my list

Jul 31, 2021 9:51 AM
Dec 2017
spirited away depending on your mood.

Jul 31, 2021 7:12 PM

Mar 2021
thank you all for suggestions..........we finally watched spirited away

Jul 31, 2021 7:50 PM

Apr 2020
Damn, I arrived too late. I wanted to suggest Princess Mononoke only because you are far more likely to watch Spirited Away from friends or other people making you watch it anyway.
Jul 31, 2021 7:56 PM

Mar 2021
Menternor said:
Damn, I arrived too late. I wanted to suggest Princess Mononoke only because you are far more likely to watch Spirited Away from friends or other people making you watch it anyway.
ok😅 next time I will make sure to watch Princess Mononoke

More topics from this board

» Recommend me an anime based on my favorites!

iamnottesslol - Apr 21

11 by windyshadow »»
3 hours ago

» Anime recommendations please

MeZaDefined - Yesterday

1 by Zarutaku »»
5 hours ago

» Anime that have all female guilds/clubs/groups/living places, etc

GakutoDeathGlare - Yesterday

6 by Zarutaku »»
7 hours ago

» Similar animes to Tengoku Daimakyou ( 1 2 )

Salvaged - Apr 21

71 by rikkaheh »»
10 hours ago

» Watched one episode but forgot the name

Snailsoup - Yesterday

2 by Snailsoup »»
Yesterday, 8:07 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.