Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 30, 2021 5:59 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Damn Popp, Maam, and the others took a hard hit from attack.

Dai also had a timely interference that probably saved Popp's life. It's a just a grim reminder how dangerous some enemies they can encounter in this show.
Jul 30, 2021 7:38 PM

Apr 2014
Killvearn is no joke. The fact that he stopped Mystavearn from revealing his true form or power, shows that his power is nothing to laugh at. The fact he is dressed as a grim reaper is a sign of death. Hyunckel even told Dai to go after Pop that would've been killed. Though Dai managed to stop and crack his weapon. Dai suggested that Pop and him run which also signifies that he is dangerous with Mystavearn. However, Hadlar shows up and challenges Dai to a one on one fair fight. This will be fun to watch. Though I wonder does Hadlar have the Sword of Champions? Zaboera son said he gave it to Hadlar as an offering. Welp. Guess I/we will find out since the title of next episode says it all.
Jul 30, 2021 7:39 PM

Dec 2020
Damn good episode !

This Hadlar's music theme is awesome : Dark, epic, tragic (as the new personnality of the character) it gave me chills.

to finish the episode with this cliffhanger, they add more details, scenes and dialogues from the original source.

We also had the scene with Ron Berk meditating about demon life span (it was supposed to be on last week episode)

Next episode will be awesome !
Le-ConteurJul 30, 2021 7:50 PM
Jul 30, 2021 7:46 PM

Sep 2018
A great start for Epic Challenge Arc! Hyper Demon Hadlar's debut is, well, amazing XD Next ep will be even muchhhhhhh better. My boy Hadlar-kun is
Jul 30, 2021 8:17 PM
Sep 2015
Popp is very reckless but if it's not for him then things wouldn't escalated so quickly like this.

Hadlar is now even closer to Dragon Ball character!

I can't believe that we're not even pass the half point of the story!

And I heard there are two spin-off manga, all of them should be made into anime, no exception!
Jul 30, 2021 8:25 PM

Feb 2019
Man ngl Popp annoyed the fuck out of me this episode. Did he really think he was gonna finish off Mystvearn??? Why aggravate the situation? Then chasing after them like dude you’re not that guy. Luckily Dai was there to save his ass as usual, but that wasn’t smart at all. Hadlar’s new form is crazy, this fight next week should be hype
Jul 30, 2021 8:30 PM

Dec 2020
Yeah it was impulsive. But like he said : it will be usefull to find out where their headquarter is.
Jul 30, 2021 8:31 PM

Jun 2015
Killvearn's reaper flute is as somber as I imagined it to sound
Jul 30, 2021 9:07 PM

Jan 2009
damn i want to see the True Form of MystVearn but ye later they say

KillVearn can control the senses of his opponents eh ye thats scary

and Hadlar looks so strong now

next episode looks like another Sakuga Episode it seems
Jul 30, 2021 10:24 PM

Nov 2007
Sword maker is proud of the sword he just made.

Enemy being mysterious has no body?! retreated w. the newly joined enemy. magician friend chasing him, followed by main character, who caught up and KajiKaji's character told him to chase and help him.

In the middle of fighting the two (or three including that little guy), another enemy appeared, w. his new body.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jul 30, 2021 10:40 PM
Oct 2016
Killvearn is that classic maniacal villain who loves to see the heroes squirm. Purely evil for the fun of it, luring Popp away because he knew Popp was the heart of Dai team. Popp has really grown a lot so that makes sense. He wants to end this so badly, especially with Mystvearn almost becoming unraveled. Mystvearn turned angry after the castle got destroyed, almost pulling out the big secret of his true form. Dai having to chase after Popp before he gets cornered, which did happen but still saved Popp. Breaking the whistle Killvearn uses to stun his prey. Now the big dog Hadlar wants another crack at defeating Dai. With this improved body he's been given and Dai new sword its a clash of them both at a new level.
Jul 30, 2021 10:43 PM
Oct 2016
Marinate1016 said:
Man ngl Popp annoyed the fuck out of me this episode. Did he really think he was gonna finish off Mystvearn??? Why aggravate the situation? Then chasing after them like dude you’re not that guy. Luckily Dai was there to save his ass as usual, but that wasn’t smart at all. Hadlar’s new form is crazy, this fight next week should be hype

He wanted to end it right then. That was the closest they'd ever been to defeating someone as powerful as Mystvearn. Couldn't let all the effort go to waste.

You gotta real in the big fish once you've got them on the line, can't give up when they try to get away.
Jul 30, 2021 10:54 PM
Apr 2021
phantomfandom said:
Popp is very reckless but if it's not for him then things wouldn't escalated so quickly like this.

And I heard there are two spin-off manga, all of them should be made into anime, no exception!
without spoiling when exactly is the halfway point?
Jul 30, 2021 10:58 PM

Dec 2020
mark_montoya505 said:
phantomfandom said:

Around 8 episodes from now

We are at the begining of tome 17 / 37
Episode 42/100ish
Jul 30, 2021 11:06 PM

Sep 2018
mark_montoya505 said:

Ep 50, the last ep of vol 4 bluray.

I'm pretty sure that we will get a whole new opening in ep 51 (vol 5 bluray) or ep 63 (vol 6 bluray), I mean whole different visuals and maybe with a whole new song too! Let's hope. I don't dislike current song but we need a totally new one after/within the second turning point aka this Epic Challenge Arc :)
DragonKnight92Jul 30, 2021 11:15 PM
Jul 30, 2021 11:26 PM
Apr 2021
DragonKnight92 said:
mark_montoya505 said:

Ep 50, the last ep of vol 4 bluray.

I'm pretty sure that we will get a whole new opening in ep 51 (vol 5 bluray) or ep 63 (vol 6 bluray), I mean whole different visuals and maybe with a whole new song too! Let's hope. I don't dislike current song but we need a totally new one after/within the second turning point aka this Epic Challenge Arc :)
thanks! I’m excited now
Jul 31, 2021 12:38 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Killvearn is pretty OP with that flute/scythe, Popp shouldn't have followed them to find their headquarter and try fighting but well it's understandable that it did that, I can't blame him especially with how tense the situation is and his reckless nature, I mean he even died once before xD but now the situation is even tenser with Hadlar's appearance and new form, damn, I can't wait to see the next episode!!
Jul 31, 2021 1:30 AM
Sep 2015
mark_montoya505 said:
phantomfandom said:

One way is to compare which manga chapter we're in, which is right now 153 out of 349. With the pace of 3.64 chapters per episode, we expect to reach half point (chapter 175) in 6 episodes. We can even calculate the total episode if the pace is neither faster or slower, right now it's 96 episodes excluding recap.

But I wish to see more after this, another full season might be too costly so a movie might do, they've to promote the upcoming (and repeatly postponed) Dai videogame anyway.
Jul 31, 2021 2:32 AM
Jul 2021
This episode was amazing, as we got to see 2 great villans 1 being haldars return!
Jul 31, 2021 2:44 AM
Apr 2021
phantomfandom said:
mark_montoya505 said:

One way is to compare which manga chapter we're in, which is right now 153 out of 349. With the pace of 3.64 chapters per episode, we expect to reach half point (chapter 175) in 6 episodes. We can even calculate the total episode if the pace is neither faster or slower, right now it's 96 episodes excluding recap.

But I wish to see more after this, another full season might be too costly so a movie might do, they've to promote the upcoming (and repeatly postponed) Dai videogame anyway.
oh i see interesting
Jul 31, 2021 4:56 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Well, Mystvearn was about to revealed his true form and ended their whole career with some kind of blasted light, ofc someone suddenly appeared to interrupt. That's Killvearn for yah. No end for Mystvearn role, yet there, as they retreated themself out. But, there's no rest at all for them as Poppu did such a reckless move, pursue them alone.

Killvearn revealed his assassinate ability and almost made Poppu death for the second time. Still, as always, Dai interrupted them, and cracked Killvearn reaper. Almost they did some hilarious combat when they were truly intented to escape, someone's interrupt again on this episode.

Third time in a row, and those time its looks like that's the real shit to begin until the end. Because, y'know, when someone already looks so determined like that, something must be happen for real. Deathmatch, i think. Lets see....
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jul 31, 2021 6:43 AM

Oct 2008
omg Killvearn almost foddered Popp!
oh nice! hype next ep Dai vs hyper powered Haldar!!!
5/5.

Jul 31, 2021 9:20 AM

Aug 2013
Ashhk said:
Killvearn is pretty OP with that flute/scythe…

I like this as it has a logical weakness. A scythe that is also a flute is obviously going to be more fragile than a simple scythe. Dai can easily cracked it with just Papnica Dagger.
Jul 31, 2021 9:49 AM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
Once again, Popp continues to be the dumbest member on the team by chasing Mystvearn and Killvearn to the Field of Death. Luckily Dai was there to save his ass otherwise Popp would had died on the spot. The way Killvearn used his weapon as a flute reminds me how the Green Ranger summoned his Dragonzord with the Dagger flute. Just when Dai and Popp were about to make their escape, a fully upgraded version of Hadlar arrives with the sole purpose of killing Dai.
Jul 31, 2021 9:56 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
il-Palazzo said:
Ashhk said:
Killvearn is pretty OP with that flute/scythe…

I like this as it has a logical weakness. A scythe that is also a flute is obviously going to be more fragile than a simple scythe. Dai can easily cracked it with just Papnica Dagger.
Yes, otherwise with that power is would be way too much, fortunately there is also a weakness indeed
Jul 31, 2021 10:23 AM

May 2018
Popp being the idiot that he is got saved by Dai again haha. Will Hadlar triumph this time? Probably not lol
Jul 31, 2021 4:53 PM
Jul 2018
what happened to Popp in that episode he acted without thought in the chase scene that he shouldn't do that, but the ending was the best thing in the episode with that epic transformation.
Jul 31, 2021 11:56 PM

Jan 2009
i just thought that the Sword of Dai being alive may also mean that no other person can use the sword besides him so in a way that is a cool security feature lol
Aug 4, 2021 10:00 PM

May 2010
Imagine not being content with being useless, Popp actually decides to be a detriment to everyone with his stupidity. God he's so fucking dumb.
Sep 14, 2021 11:19 PM
Oct 2019
for real they took that hit and Gome-Chan still alive, how? lmao

broo, stupid Poppu once again.. sometimes i really hate him and this is the time.

oh boy Hadora is back stronger than ever, is this going to be the Final Clash between him and Dai???
Sep 18, 2021 4:05 PM

Mar 2010
Popp is the most retarded lad on the show, first he wants to defeat them knowing full well that he got his assed kicked even with the entire party... then he wants to run away... like wtf is wrong with that lad.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.

More topics from this board

» NEW ANIME PROJECT CONFIRMED

SOSYBOI - Mar 11, 2023

12 by Illyricus »»
Apr 8, 6:53 AM

Poll: » Choose the best arc(s) in Dai no Daibouken!

DragonKnight92 - Oct 21, 2022

10 by Illyricus »»
Apr 8, 6:49 AM

Poll: » Dragon Quest: Dai no Daibouken (2020) Episode 32 Discussion

Stark700 - May 14, 2021

35 by Teirayo »»
Mar 30, 6:49 AM

Poll: » Dragon Quest: Dai no Daibouken (2020) Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 2, 2020

132 by MonkeyDKyle »»
Mar 27, 1:04 PM

Poll: » Dragon Quest: Dai no Daibouken (2020) Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 27, 2020

50 by Teirayo »»
Mar 27, 7:05 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.