Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Peach Boy Riverside
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jul 30, 2021 3:32 AM
Apr 2021
betaweeb said:
theGodde said:
honestly the entire situation is mind-bendingly bizarre. How could anyone in the animation industry make such a dumb decision?

It's these kind of issues that are the most fascinating IMO. It's such a pity that the anime industry is so opaque. I'd love to know what went on behind the scenes here

i would guess it's the classic case of a creator getting too arrogant for their own good, he probably just thinks he knows better. that's how we also get all these terrible anime original endings and it's not like changing the structure is particularly new. personally, i just find it unfortunate that they fail to learn from past mistakes made by others every single time.
I feel like this one isn't quite like that
Also I'd like to remind you most story alterations are born out of necessity not want. There are obviously some exceptions like TPN Season 2, but for the most part it was born out of a different mindset when it came to making anime. The emphasis was on presenting the audience with a completed story or at least a continuing series. It was more important that the audience got to see the rest of the anime adaptation within 1/2 years than striving for reputation or reviews. It was common practice to create an anime only ending when a series was ongoing and on hiatus or just not producing manga/LNs fast enough to catch up. Perhaps it was out of fear for the audience losing interest in the show if it went off the air for too long. Either way, it is a practice that has fallen out of favour lately. Modern anime audiences are willing to wait for a more faithful adaptation of their favourite series, as we can see with the Black Clover anime ending so that the mangaka could get some rest and work ahead.

what we're seeing here is something else entirely. From my completely inexperienced perspective of only watching the anime, it feels like the episodes themselves seem to be accurately following a source material (after a while you can kind of feel when anime sticks and doesn't stick to their source material). It's just the episode order that has been changed. Anyone with half a brain in the industry would know that reordering the episodes will never enhance the experience - it can only be a detriment. Anyone with enough experience to consider themselves a skilled director would never make such a decision on the grounds of "improving" a pre existing show. So there's got to have been some shady business going on behind closed doors. Perhaps the animation team had prioritised certain episodes without consideration for their respective airdates, and was forced to work ahead of schedule and just release the episodes they were making in order of closest to completion? Who knows.
Jul 30, 2021 3:59 AM
ranked 54 in FAL
Mar 2018
theGodde said:
betaweeb said:

i would guess it's the classic case of a creator getting too arrogant for their own good, he probably just thinks he knows better. that's how we also get all these terrible anime original endings and it's not like changing the structure is particularly new. personally, i just find it unfortunate that they fail to learn from past mistakes made by others every single time.
I feel like this one isn't quite like that
Also I'd like to remind you most story alterations are born out of necessity not want. There are obviously some exceptions like TPN Season 2, but for the most part it was born out of a different mindset when it came to making anime. The emphasis was on presenting the audience with a completed story or at least a continuing series. It was more important that the audience got to see the rest of the anime adaptation within 1/2 years than striving for reputation or reviews. It was common practice to create an anime only ending when a series was ongoing and on hiatus or just not producing manga/LNs fast enough to catch up. Perhaps it was out of fear for the audience losing interest in the show if it went off the air for too long. Either way, it is a practice that has fallen out of favour lately. Modern anime audiences are willing to wait for a more faithful adaptation of their favourite series, as we can see with the Black Clover anime ending so that the mangaka could get some rest and work ahead.

what we're seeing here is something else entirely. From my completely inexperienced perspective of only watching the anime, it feels like the episodes themselves seem to be accurately following a source material (after a while you can kind of feel when anime sticks and doesn't stick to their source material). It's just the episode order that has been changed. Anyone with half a brain in the industry would know that reordering the episodes will never enhance the experience - it can only be a detriment. Anyone with enough experience to consider themselves a skilled director would never make such a decision on the grounds of "improving" a pre existing show. So there's got to have been some shady business going on behind closed doors. Perhaps the animation team had prioritised certain episodes without consideration for their respective airdates, and was forced to work ahead of schedule and just release the episodes they were making in order of closest to completion? Who knows.

well it's true this case is different, but i don't know if i would say that audiences were ever the party that asked for anime original endings, or that you can call what you described necessary. anime studios rushing to make an adaptation to cash in on a popular manga as soon as possible, even though there's not enough material was always a terrible practice. one that stemmed from the production committee system, which is in itself bad and has executives deciding on ordering shows without the creative knowhow.

i also don't know about it being completely obvious to anyone that this can only be a detriment, there's no law that says this and i don't see why there couldn't be situations when that works, though clearly this is not one such case.

i suppose some shady stuff like what you said is not that unlikely, but i wouldn't just assume that either, regarding anyone with experience knowing better, under this argument, isn't it far more reasonable to just conclude said director isn't that experienced, than to assume them choosing to do this is a very not subtle way of covering up production problems? and even if that were the case, that is just another brand of incompetence, as it is very noticable and it's not as if the episodes look particularly great in this order, the show has very little animation and in general is quite a bit disappointing production value wise.
Jul 30, 2021 5:12 AM

Jun 2016
omg frau awakening power why so badass !!!
Jul 30, 2021 8:37 AM
Jan 2021
I just watch this show for the femboy Momotaro ngl.
Jul 30, 2021 9:39 AM

Nov 2012
fintob said:
how do people still like this shit order? are you only watching it for fan service? lol

Yeah, order is a freaking mess, but I like the anime itself

My Candies:

Jul 30, 2021 9:42 AM

Mar 2018
Has there been any explanation anywhere as to why they used this episode order? It doesn't make any sense.
Jul 30, 2021 10:07 AM
Jan 2017
This is so confusing lmao i will just watch whatever episode cuz i like the anime
Jul 30, 2021 3:33 PM

Aug 2020
Who is Juki? I have no idea what in the world is happening but I am still very much enjoying this show. I didn't think I could like Frau anymore than I already did but colour me impress that I do. I like Carrot as well but why are they calling her that? Where did that name come from? Is it because she is close to Frau and Frau really love carrots?

How could they think ogres are humans without the horns and not demi-humans? Am I the only one who is seeing pointy ears? Are pointy ears known to be a human characteristic in that world? How could ogres possibly blend in with those ears? I guess in that world only strange human-like characteristics that are fully visible is discriminated against.

Jul 30, 2021 9:33 PM

Jan 2020
The frau heaven scene was a little bizarre but I found myself enjoying this episode. I like the vampire concept and it was nice seeing more depth and extra stuff added on carrot.

It's really a shame that demi humans get treated the way they do

Jul 30, 2021 10:45 PM
Sep 2008
So what is the right way to see this anime?

Right now, I'm only watching the serie due to Sally design.
CesarMagnanJul 30, 2021 10:49 PM
Jul 31, 2021 12:09 PM

Mar 2019
vampire dudes backstory is so predictable

Aug 3, 2021 1:32 AM

Aug 2008
Even without jumbled episode order, this one was pretty bad. Everything in this episode was so basic and bland, you can skip it without missing anything of value. I'd rather follow Mikoto's travels. Even his token nun oni seems more interesting that this whole bunch combined. No wonder they like to draw shots with blonde's ass in tight pants so much, it's the main selling point at this point.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Aug 3, 2021 3:12 PM
Jul 2015
This show started OK, but quickly turned mediocre about when the first few fight scenes occurred. With this episode, it's become a complete train wreck.

The tsundere oni girl didn't make much sense from minute 1 onwards; the characters were all over the place with varying degrees of stupidity from a little slow to completely braindead ... but then the fighting scene and finally the vampire dying in the most ridiculous way while giving an extraordinary generic 10-minute flashback? It was like a little skit where some idiot forgot to put the punchline into the gag.

This episode was soo bad.
Aug 5, 2021 8:09 AM

Dec 2016
They got me there for a second but thanks to their jumbled order we already knew Frau is alive.

But what was that? Frau got blasted off then went to heaven and then got revived. Is Frau really a demi-human or some other kinda creature, or an angel like that Atla?

Frau transforming like that and piercing that vampire in one punch was really cool.

That Vampire's backstory made me laugh because of how predictable it was.

Finally they revealed why Sally kept having all those random lewd fantasies of herself whenever she saw an octopus.

Liked the OST in this episode.
Rickydory123Aug 5, 2021 8:17 AM
Aug 6, 2021 5:07 AM

Jun 2016
dang it !!
i really loved this show !!

i dont care with score , that just a number !!!

the story and action is pretty good for me !!
Aug 19, 2021 3:56 AM

Mar 2009
This episode order has me so messed up, I was somehow afraid Frau was going to die there.
Aug 23, 2021 11:54 PM

Apr 2015
Vaguely felt like Touhou.
Sep 14, 2021 5:37 AM
Aug 2021
Wow!!!!! Finally i can meet Frau! Oh Yeah!!! And... Wow... Wow!!! 10/10. I want cry, its so good.

I think the fighting scene similar to android game, there said "imposter", "im imposter"... I don't know what name of game is it. Visual theme its really seem like Video game, where we have "Stage Boss", "Character Story" and Opening song board its very beautiful.

Overall episode 1-5, I Love it! I have to vote for this anime.
Sep 14, 2021 9:56 PM
Mar 2012
Sally & Carrot handle racism quite differently, but Carrot's choice is insane & self conflicted. Rip bunny, oh wait Winnie foreshadowed Frau's hiding her powers, a badass bunny lucifer?
Vampire is ogre!? pretty sure that's two difference species. Cool fight style & nice to see more ogres who can like humans.
A Subaru & Emilia applestand moment, & murderous bunny.
Sep 24, 2021 2:56 AM

Jul 2015
Nice short flashback on why Sally got such a octopus hentai PTSD. Frau is a true champ for ignoring the human animosity, enjoying the little things in life like carrots and literally coming back from death to protect Sally and her other companions.

Jul 27, 2022 6:15 AM

Jun 2021
Nice short flashback on why Sally got such a octopus hentai PTSD. Frau is a true champ for ignoring the human animosity, enjoying the little things in life like carrots and literally coming back from death to protect Sally and her other companions.
Aug 16, 2022 3:37 PM
Apr 2018
ROTEIRO HORRIVEL ANIME TINHA POTENCIAL, MAIS DEIXOU A DESEJAR PROTAGONISTA HOMEM QUE NÃO ENVOLVE NADA SÓ A PRINCESA É A MELHORZINHA
Sep 16, 2023 4:19 PM

Dec 2022
Meki/Carrot's logic wasn't very sound here. Sally doesn't kill ogres indiscriminately, she only kills the ones that attack her or her friends. She isn't a human supremacist either, it's just that no humans have actually tried to kill her yet.

Frau essentially has cheat codes, and can revive whenever with a power boost. Guess I was wrong to think she was only in the party to stall fights until Sally intervened.

Shaded Horizon

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Peach Boy Riverside Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 26, 2021

51 by Archean-Return »»
Sep 16, 2023 7:04 PM

Poll: » Peach Boy Riverside Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 2, 2021

38 by Archean-Return »»
Sep 16, 2023 6:34 PM

Poll: » Peach Boy Riverside Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 19, 2021

38 by Archean-Return »»
Sep 16, 2023 6:03 PM

Poll: » Peach Boy Riverside Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

anime-prime - Jul 10, 2021

81 by Archean-Return »»
Sep 16, 2023 5:37 PM

Poll: » Peach Boy Riverside Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 5, 2021

29 by Archean-Return »»
Sep 16, 2023 4:56 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.