Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jul 28, 2021 9:22 AM
Jan 2021
I am around 210 episodes into bleach and the power scales make no sense to me. At the start Ichigo gets as strong as most of the captains in the beginning after like 3 weeks of training. Loses to 1 of the bosses and then he is able to fight on par and even defeat him after 3 days? Ichigo struggles with the bounts with his newfound power but most captains are able to easily defeat them. I feel like the anime hyped up the enemy only for them to easily get defeated. Take for example Grimmjow. There was a point in which he was facing Ichigo, gets iced by Rukia, then again gets attacked by Shinji then stopped by Ulquiorra. These sequences occur too much when the Mc’s get saved by other characters it’s just annoying. Also Ichigo only seems to get stronger for occasions but that strength doesn’t stay with him but only shows up for moments. If he gets stronger he shouldn’t be struggling with weaker characters like Arrancar 103. It’s just not balanced
Jul 28, 2021 9:34 AM
May 2020
Yaa pretty much like dragon ball
Jul 28, 2021 9:50 AM
Amateur Reviewer
Jul 2016
benzille said:
I am around 210 episodes into bleach and the power scales make no sense to me. At the start Ichigo gets as strong as most of the captains in the beginning after like 3 weeks of training. Loses to 1 of the bosses and then he is able to fight on par and even defeat him after 3 days? Ichigo struggles with the bounts with his newfound power but most captains are able to easily defeat them. I feel like the anime hyped up the enemy only for them to easily get defeated. Take for example Grimmjow. There was a point in which he was facing Ichigo, gets iced by Rukia, then again gets attacked by Shinji then stopped by Ulquiorra. These sequences occur too much when the Mc’s get saved by other characters it’s just annoying. Also Ichigo only seems to get stronger for occasions but that strength doesn’t stay with him but only shows up for moments. If he gets stronger he shouldn’t be struggling with weaker characters like Arrancar 103. It’s just not balanced

It's often a bit hard to follow the scaling, that's for sure and while to be fair he does have training arcs and inheritan talent plus exceptionally high lvl teachers, it does sometimes get messy.

This is espically true with the filler stuff as the bounts ain't canon, so there power and how effective the heros are against them is really screwy. Just try and have fun I guess😅😅👍👍
Jul 28, 2021 1:27 PM
Jun 2020
It’s a real mess. Don’t think about it beacause it’s just bad writing this is probably the anime’s weakest point and it annoyed me too when I was watching. (Ohh, and this is just going to get worse…)
Jul 28, 2021 8:31 PM
Jul 2021
The bount arc isn't canon.

Ichigo beat zaraki because of his secret power(revealed at TYBW) and also, that wasn't Zaraki's best.

Ichigo's hollow powers helped him defeat Byakuya. In fact, he was about to die there when the Hollow appeared.

I agree on the Grimmjow part tho. That's the most questionable part. He overwhelmed bankai ichigo using only his hands. Or is it because he's controlling himself because he's afraid of the hollow inside him???

About Arrancar 103, he's a former espada, and Ichigo held back the whole fight.
Jul 28, 2021 8:34 PM
Jul 2021
That is why bleach sucks. Some random power ups.
Jul 29, 2021 8:27 PM
Jan 2021
kisukezetroc said:
The bount arc isn't canon.

Ichigo beat zaraki because of his secret power(revealed at TYBW) and also, that wasn't Zaraki's best.

Ichigo's hollow powers helped him defeat Byakuya. In fact, he was about to die there when the Hollow appeared.

I agree on the Grimmjow part tho. That's the most questionable part. He overwhelmed bankai ichigo using only his hands. Or is it because he's controlling himself because he's afraid of the hollow inside him???

About Arrancar 103, he's a former espada, and Ichigo held back the whole fight.
please explain the mess with Rukia. Even with “weakened” powers she should be able to defeat a low level hollow as such in the beginning. Why was she deemed fit to go to the outside world and fight if the higher ups know she was weak(I mean bleach wouldn’t even exist without that scenario). All of a sudden she has powers that are as strong as a vice captain. What is a captain level opponent, a vice captain level, how strong is the #1 captain. The ice captain kid said once “in order for soul society to be destroyed, they need 10 arrancar” they have more than 20 and they have waltz in with 5 people? Makes no sense

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bleach Episode 177 Discussion

Pokedude97 - Jun 25, 2008

24 by AdamSylph »»
Yesterday, 5:20 PM

» Bleach: Project Hogyoku (2024) - redefinition of the original anime

dzudoKing - Feb 1

15 by 18927 »»
Yesterday, 2:37 PM

Sticky: » How to Watch Bleach Without Filler (Complete) ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

ariamachi - Oct 16, 2010

208 by Ridzaxster »»
Apr 21, 3:18 AM

» Overrated

NeoToad - Apr 1

49 by Dabitsu »»
Apr 20, 2:10 AM

Poll: » Bleach Episode 176-177 Discussion

Pokedude97 - Jun 25, 2008

41 by AdamSylph »»
Apr 18, 6:27 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.