Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jul 26, 2021 9:57 PM

Jun 2020
My first Precure was Smile and I really enjoyed that season. But since then, I've tried a few other seasons and couldn't really get into them. (I've tried Fresh, Dokidoki, and Go Princess.) Which other seasons should I try if I enjoyed Smile?
Jul 27, 2021 7:45 AM

Jul 2011
Hard to say. Not many seasons share the same theme, or story. Go Princess was most likely the only one similar to Smile, but only because of it being about Princess.

What did you like about Smile?
Jul 27, 2021 9:23 PM

Jun 2020
I liked the overall light-hearted comedy. Yayoi is so cute. I liked Miyuki as well. I tried some of the others and there's no character I instantly "clicked" with like Yayoi. It's kinda hard to remember what I liked because it's like a decade ago. Though I do still remember episodes like 9 (April Fool's) and 35 (robots) because of how funny they were.
Jul 28, 2021 6:41 AM
Dec 2018
Yes Precure 5 and yes precure 5 gogo, they are very similar seasons, they share the same character designer. Then there is Hugtto Precure you'll like because Cure Yell/Hana was very funny with her catchphrase (Mechokku), hugtto is more mature than others seasons but you could like episode 19 because of the frienship lesson shown or the 36-37 because of the gathering of all the precures, also the finale was one of the best in the series. and it is also the same designer as Smile and Yes! 5. Then i'll say Star Twinkle because is very lighthearted and enterntaining to watch, it was my first watching weekly, the are not the same designer though, but still a super cute and colorful artsyle.
Aug 2, 2021 6:08 AM

May 2016
I think Yes Precure 5 and Smile are the most similar seasons. But I liked Smile a lot more for his characters and animations.
Aug 5, 2021 5:44 PM

Apr 2011
I definitely second Star Twinkle for light hearted comedy. The series revolved around space and the girls were often shooting off to other planets and having funny interactions with alien species.

After Star Twinkle, I'd probably recommend this current season (I'm recommending it because I checked your list and it isn't marked as watching). I'm catching up on the backlog atm (currently on episode 15) and it's very lighthearted so far. I didn't get too far into Smile but from what I remember Yayoi might be similar to Sango - though Sango isn't anywhere near as shy as I remember Yayoi being. They still give similar-ish vibes.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tropical-Rouge! Precure Episode 46 Discussion

Ashhk - Jan 29, 2022

19 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 11, 7:05 PM

Poll: » Tropical-Rouge! Precure Episode 45 Discussion

BlichoBoy - Jan 22, 2022

9 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 11, 6:44 PM

Poll: » Tropical-Rouge! Precure Episode 44 Discussion

BlichoBoy - Jan 15, 2022

6 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 11, 12:39 AM

Poll: » Tropical-Rouge! Precure Episode 43 Discussion

BlichoBoy - Jan 8, 2022

4 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 11, 12:20 AM

Poll: » Tropical-Rouge! Precure Episode 42 Discussion

BlichoBoy - Dec 25, 2021

5 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 10, 11:58 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.