Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jul 26, 2021 2:47 PM
Jan 2017
Hey everyone,

Curios about your thoughts on the anime so far. For me the story seems like it has potential. It is a vast world filled with mystery and good revelations. So far the anime seem very interesting. What do you think?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 26, 2021 2:58 PM
May 2021
It’s amazing is cool
Jul 26, 2021 3:05 PM
Jan 2021
Why are there no options below trash? This anime is basically a mix of all the shitty cliches in isekai anime blended together for a hot pile of fucking garbage.
3/10, and by the time it finishes it will probably be a 2/10 if not a 1/10
Jul 26, 2021 3:08 PM
Aug 2020
KeenanAntonetti said:
Why are there no options below trash? This anime is basically a mix of all the shitty cliches in isekai anime blended together for a hot pile of fucking garbage.
You aren't very intelligent right? If you know that you will give it a 1/10, why will you lose your time watching it?
Jul 26, 2021 3:26 PM
Jan 2021
It’s very generic but I’m loving it way more than others and I can not explain the reasoning
Jul 26, 2021 3:33 PM

Apr 2018
Novalty said:
It’s very generic but I’m loving it way more than others and I can not explain the reasoning

I second this ^ It's so shit yet it's fun to watch.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Jul 26, 2021 3:36 PM
Jan 2017
KeenanAntonetti said:

Well I am sorry XD. Was lazy to write more options
Jul 26, 2021 3:36 PM
May 2016
So far it's an SAO-clone. Kirito... I mean Rio fought Gleam Eyes already.
It looks average to me.
Jul 26, 2021 3:39 PM

Nov 2017
Since I'm quite a way into the LN(up to Vol 14),I can safely say that so far it's been pretty good,theres been quite a bit missed from the LN and the pacing has suffered(way too quick),other than that,I'm quite enjoying it.Have to say though,Latifa's episode was a lot slower paced than the first three and was much better for it.
Jul 26, 2021 4:11 PM
Jan 2021
There's potential but it's pretty mid(even below average sometimes) so far.
Jul 26, 2021 4:21 PM
Mar 2021
Started interesting, then went average in the third episode and now the fourth... sheesh, like somebody said it literally is a sao clone with the protag randomly op
Jul 26, 2021 4:32 PM

Jul 2015
It suffers from extreme case of GAF (Generic As F*ck).
It doesn't make any attempt at doing anything original
Basically, author seemingly watched this video and took inspiration from it, but did not caught the irony, because it literally checks all of the points made there.

Jul 26, 2021 5:20 PM
Jan 2021
XNohaco2468 said:
KeenanAntonetti said:
You aren't very intelligent right? If you know that you will give it a 1/10, why will you lose your time watching it?

well... i wont deny the fact that im not intelligent(:
Jul 26, 2021 5:34 PM
Mar 2021
I like the story (even though its similar to sao) but i can watch such stories 100s if times and still love em
I dont care what others think but its got a 9/10 from me ;)
Jul 26, 2021 5:48 PM

Oct 2020
It’s ok. Not amazing but it’s not trash. I’d say is pretty enjoyable and hope Celia appears more.

Jul 26, 2021 6:00 PM
Sep 2016
Novalty said:

This was my thoughts while reading the LN.
Jul 26, 2021 6:03 PM

Aug 2016
ktg said:
It looks average to me.

Other than the design and the voice actor of the MC, nothing there is a resemblance to SAO, you think it's an SAO-clone just because MC is similar to Kirito?

KeenanAntonetti said:

Yes, yes, another individual who has a great enmity with isekai it seems. Pretty sure mushoku tensei and shield hero are also cliches if you just look at the basic plot (hero summoning, reincarnation, harem, isekai medieval world) smh. Even if it was generic, it doesn't worth 1/10 as you said, it's not like the animation or the plot is that bad despite the clicheness.
whiters99Jul 26, 2021 6:07 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 26, 2021 6:13 PM
Jan 2021
whiters99 said:
ktg said:
It looks average to me.

Other than the design and the voice actor of the MC, nothing there is a resemblance to SAO, you think it's an SAO-clone just because MC is similar to Kirito?

KeenanAntonetti said:

Yes, yes, another individual who has a great enmity with isekai it seems. Pretty sure mushoku tensei and shield hero are also cliches if you just look at the basic plot (hero summoning, reincarnation, harem, isekai medieval world) smh. Even if it was generic, it doesn't worth 1/10 as you said, it's not like the animation or the plot is that bad despite the clicheness.

honeslty... i really dont mind cliches, but thats as long as its done good, which it definitely is not here
Jul 26, 2021 6:21 PM

Aug 2016
KeenanAntonetti said:
whiters99 said:

honeslty... i really dont mind cliches, but thats as long as its done good, which it definitely is not here

It is fine if you think it's not good but imo you're kinda getting your personal feelings clouded your judgement too much based on what you said that it's deserve 1/10, do you even know what "1/10" means?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 26, 2021 6:24 PM
Jan 2021
whiters99 said:
KeenanAntonetti said:

It is fine if you think it's not good but imo you're kinda getting your personal feelings clouded your judgement too much based on what you said that it's deserve 1/10, do you even know what "1/10" means?

yeah, it means that its absolutely horrible, and personally i feel like that's where its headed
Jul 26, 2021 6:28 PM

Aug 2016
KeenanAntonetti said:
whiters99 said:

yeah, it means that its absolutely horrible, and personally i feel like that's where its headed

"absolutely horrible" eh? I dunno how you get that idea, the animation already even miles better than your average animes imo (yes that is even by including the shitty third episode last week). Judging by that alone, it was already not worth 1/10.

Of course, I dunno how it would turn up after this but as of now, I still have expectations based on what they chose to cut and what they chose to show from the novel, it's not bad imo.
Jul 26, 2021 6:33 PM
Jan 2021
whiters99 said:
KeenanAntonetti said:

"absolutely horrible" eh? I dunno how you get that idea, the animation already even miles better than your average animes imo (yes that is even by including the shitty third episode last week). Judging by that alone, it was already not worth 1/10.

Of course, I dunno how it would turn up after this but as of now, I still have expectations based on what they chose to cut and what they chose to show from the novel, it's not bad imo.

man i give up, at the end of the day im not gonna change my opinion, i will probrably always think this is shit, and you will somehow think this is good(:
im out
Jul 26, 2021 6:39 PM
Jun 2020
eh it’s boring but i’ll watch it either way
Jul 26, 2021 8:07 PM
Sep 2018
But it skipping key point that I really wanted to see lol manga I’m coming back
Jul 26, 2021 11:23 PM
Nov 2020
KeenanAntonetti said:
agreed
But giving it such trash rating doesn't do it justice
It's atleast a 4or5/10
Jul 26, 2021 11:27 PM
Nov 2020
Piromysl said:
It suffers from extreme case of GAF (Generic As F*ck).
It doesn't make any attempt at doing anything original
Basically, author seemingly watched this video and took inspiration from it, but did not caught the irony, because it literally checks all of the points made there.

yss yss
Same here🤝
Jul 27, 2021 12:27 AM
Jan 2021
Currently, it's a 6 out 10 for me.
Jul 27, 2021 12:42 AM
Jul 2021
Come on... don't expect much. This anime is pretty fun and light. It is created to be more enjoyable.
Jul 27, 2021 12:58 AM
May 2016
whiters99 said:
ktg said:
It looks average to me.

Only the MC has a super power like Kirito in SAO. In this case something that not magic and in Kirito's case it's his double-sword style, but most of the time both of them use one sword.
Both of them are good but considered bad by the others. Kirito is the beater and Rio is blamed by the aristocrats.
Both of them revealed their secret skill against Gleam Eyes while they were defending someone.
Both show are isekai.
In both show they start traveling alone. And in both case the imoutos are used by others. This case the imouto had to kill Rio because of the collar, while in SAO Rosalia used the imouto to get stuff.
And in SAO 2nd half Kirito was heading towards a giant tree like Rio in this one.

So yeah, it's hard to not see the similarities.
Jul 27, 2021 1:31 AM

Dec 2020
honestly not really a fan of it. op mc thats bullied and hated by everyone except for his (uncompleted) harem, generic story, boring characters, nothing that i really like of it and i dont see that changing anytime soon but hey its still only on ep 4 out of 12 maybe itll magically improve mid way. and its not like its Trying to be something amazing so eh
Jul 27, 2021 1:31 AM
Jul 2011
The "child teacher" is very cute.
I don't know how else can I rate this anime.
Jul 27, 2021 1:37 AM

Mar 2010
I don't really get all the whining of all the similarities with other series. Like, of course there are similarities, it's an isekai series, what do you expect? However, thus far until episode 4 i really like the pacing of this series. It doesn't feel rushed, the cast is good, perhaps except the "evil" characters who are all whiny and boring and just ill-intended but i really like the MC side of things. I really like undervalued MC's and having more shows around like this i really do not mind.

Guess it will come down to where the MC ends up in, after he goes to Yagumo or whatever that location was. For now this series has some sort of charm to it that makes me want to follow it. It doesn't have to be a unique element, sometimes it's just how all the average elements make up something enjoyable to watch. Perhaps MC finding other people who also isekai'd and protecting them is already wholesome on its own.
Jul 27, 2021 1:47 AM
Jul 2021
The story is quite interesting but the fight scene seem pretty boring
Jul 27, 2021 3:34 AM

Apr 2021
SideCharacterKal said:
Novalty said:

I second this ^ It's so shit yet it's fun to watch.
let me be the third
よろしくね!
Jul 27, 2021 4:27 AM

Nov 2013
Same shit different years.
I'm too weird to live but much too rare to die.

Jul 27, 2021 4:37 AM

Jun 2010
Started off promising in first episode, but quickly turning into generic anime for me. Only watching because MC is such a chad.

Jul 27, 2021 5:09 AM
Jul 2018
Novalty said:
This is also my opinion the anime isn't anything out of This world but it's so enjoable and i don't even know why This is why a gave it a 7
Jul 27, 2021 5:10 AM
Feb 2018
KeenanAntonetti said:

The story is cliche, but the waifu are cute, so i like it haha
I know it's isekai so i watch it for the waifu, idc about the story haha
Jul 27, 2021 5:14 AM
Feb 2018
This season is full of husbando and waifu, so the only 2 anime i watched for the story are sonny boy and idaten
Jul 27, 2021 5:30 AM

Mar 2014
It's thrash although I think it can be better but I don't think that's gonna happen
Jul 27, 2021 6:01 AM
Jan 2021
firstawahono said:
KeenanAntonetti said:

The story is cliche, but the waifu are cute, so i like it haha
I know it's isekai so i watch it for the waifu, idc about the story haha

fair enough, i somewhat agree(:
Jul 27, 2021 6:03 AM

Aug 2016
ktg said:
whiters99 said:

Only the MC has a super power like Kirito in SAO. In this case something that not magic and in Kirito's case it's his double-sword style, but most of the time both of them use one sword.
Both of them are good but considered bad by the others. Kirito is the beater and Rio is blamed by the aristocrats.
Both of them revealed their secret skill against Gleam Eyes while they were defending someone.
Both show are isekai.
In both show they start traveling alone. And in both case the imoutos are used by others. This case the imouto had to kill Rio because of the collar, while in SAO Rosalia used the imouto to get stuff.
And in SAO 2nd half Kirito was heading towards a giant tree like Rio in this one.

Other than MC's appearance, I can't see nothing but your twisted view desperately trying to find similarities even to the minor, extremely trivial details to SAO, so you can justified your reasoning that it's an SAO clone.

Did you realize that all other points other than MC's appearance you mentioned were all something that is extremely common and could happen in hundreds of other series as well?

"Strong MC", "Hated MC", "Sword User MC" (did he even ever use two swords? Lmao), "hiding true abilities", "isekai", "travelling alone"

What else? Can't you even mention a single something that is unique to only SAO?

Just because the opponent is a minotaur (a very common and popular type of monster) so it's fucking gleam eyes and it's copying SAO? Why don't you just say danmachi copying SAO as well then by having the MC (same voice as Kirito) fighting a black minotaur?

Please, widened your vision a bit, don't be like a brat when giving a reason.

With your way of thinking, I could find much more things that make it different than SAO as well, try to use your brain for a bit.
whiters99Jul 27, 2021 6:07 AM
Jul 27, 2021 7:18 AM
Jul 2020
I voted trash, which is sad as the first episode was really interesting. All the characters to me seem extremely boring and the story is not coming along fast enough even with a 5 years time skip. Not a fan of isekai where you do not even know why the character is basically god.
Jul 27, 2021 10:31 AM
Jul 2021
I really enjoyed the first 3 episodes but the 4th was absolutely trash.
When I read the description of the Anime I thought it could be a refreshing Isekai but it’s just cliches again.
Jul 27, 2021 10:44 AM

Oct 2017
It's funny to see so many cliche critics, it's the same logic to say that a racing anime has cars and that's bad or a fighting anime has a lot of fighting.
Don't watch anime, don't watch anything else that exists.
Jul 27, 2021 11:53 AM
May 2016
whiters99 said:
ktg said:

Both show are isekai.

Other than MC's appearance, I can't see nothing but your twisted view desperately trying to find similarities even to the minor, extremely trivial details to SAO, so you can justified your reasoning that it's an SAO clone.

Did you realize that all other points other than MC's appearance you mentioned were all something that is extremely common and could happen in hundreds of other series as well?

"Strong MC", "Hated MC", "Sword User MC" (did he even ever use two swords? Lmao), "hiding true abilities", "isekai", "travelling alone"

What else? Can't you even mention a single something that is unique to only SAO?

Just because the opponent is a minotaur (a very common and popular type of monster) so it's fucking gleam eyes and it's copying SAO? Why don't you just say danmachi copying SAO as well then by having the MC (same voice as Kirito) fighting a black minotaur?

With your way of thinking, I could find much more things that make it different than SAO as well, try to use your brain for a bit.

Oh, gosh... You argue like the uneducated fascists in my country.

Ok, I'll show you an example. That way maybe you will understand too.
If I want to define number 2, I don't need to say any unique traits about it. So I'll define it with these:
- it's a prime number.
- it's an even number.
Separately both of those characteristics could mean a lot of numbers, but together it's only one number which is 2.

That's the same. Yeah, "strong mc" is true for a lot of anime, but that wasn't my only criticism. I said like 10 different - sometimes pretty specific - things and together those are enough to point out how similar the 2 shows are.

So, kiddo, pls stop. Your show is not that good as you think. That's all.
I'm not saying you cannot enjoy it, but something being good and something being enjoyable are 2 different things.
Jul 27, 2021 12:22 PM

Jan 2021
It’s boring.
It also reminds of Sao in a way.
Jul 27, 2021 3:36 PM
Jan 2021
I think it's not bad and not good either, its watchable and some might enjoy it, it might have some cliches here and there but that doesnt matter (to me it doesnt atleast), i just see an isekai anime with great potential and im definetly sticking till the end
Jul 27, 2021 7:17 PM

Aug 2016
ktg said:
whiters99 said:

Oh, gosh... You argue like the uneducated fascists in my country.

Ok, I'll show you an example. That way maybe you will understand too.
If I want to define number 2, I don't need to say any unique traits about it. So I'll define it with these:
- it's a prime number.
- it's an even number.
Separately both of those characteristics could mean a lot of numbers, but together it's only one number which is 2.

That's the same. Yeah, "strong mc" is true for a lot of anime, but that wasn't my only criticism. I said like 10 different - sometimes pretty specific - things and together those are enough to point out how similar the 2 shows are.

So, kiddo, pls stop. Your show is not that good as you think. That's all.
I'm not saying you cannot enjoy it, but something being good and something being enjoyable are 2 different things.

No, it's because the MC is similar to Kirito that's why you think the entire show in itself is so similar to SAO. What if the design and the voice actor of the MC is different (like having long blonde hair for example)? Would you say the same thing? Nah, I doubt it, even the thought of Kirito or SAO wouldn't cross your mind.

Because you're seeing ONE similarity, your brain started to perceive every single minor thing that is similar to SAO even though it was extremely trivial and common troupe to keep justifying our reasoning that is a clone of SAO.

This is a very common troupe as well happen to a lot of people. You saw a single similar thing and your brain became very sensitive against that information, quickly making connections between the two series.

The foundation setting to begin with is very much different than SAO. This is not a death game and not a battle of survival either. There's no system, no level, no stats window, only a plot with MC striving for revenge for his parents death while having two conflicting sense of morals of his mixing personalities, IN AN UNKNOWN, VERY MUCH ----> "REAL" <--- DIFFERENT WORLD.

Oh right, does Kirito learn martial arts as well? Heck, he's just strong in virtual worlds and only in term of swords. And does Rio acting like a beta in front of the girls or his girlfriend? (pretty sure Kirito wouldn't even think to intimidate a cute little girl or even seriously emitting killing intent against her even if she's an assassin, he's also the type to be easily beaten up by the tsundere girls) Also, does Kirito's eyes brown just like Rio's? Btw, he's using pair of daggers as well in the opening, does Kirito ever use that for fighting as well? What about Rio's eventually gray hair too? Ah, or could it be Asuna is actually Kirito's childhood friend as well as the FMC?

Tbh, in my eyes Kirito is kind of a crybaby that often cries over his trauma while Rio isn't.

I can also point out lots of things that are extremely trivial that make it different than SAO, mish mashing it so it could become reasonable enough to one big reason just like you. Basically, I'm using your way of arguing against you.

Or maybe I gotta have to point out more trivial common things again because it's not enough? Like how Rio got his mother raped and killed in front of his eyes in the past? Or perhaps the fact that he's living his childhood in slums as an orphan while being abused by his surroundings? Or could these be similar to Kirito as well? Oh right, does Celia or Miharu a rapier-user or a melee combat knight-like fighter like Asuna as the female leads?

*Sigh* I can understand more if you said it was similar to Shield Hero because of the recent Latifa case but SAO? No, other than the design of Rio and the fact that he's using a sword, I can't agree with your view at all.
whiters99Jul 28, 2021 10:49 PM
Jul 27, 2021 10:36 PM
Aug 2018
Celia's arc is still missing, the reunion with Miharu, satsuki, her half-sister and that she discovers the other reincarnated one and that Latifa reveals and explains to her her true identity they believe that the missing episodes from 5 to 12 will put them?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Seirei Gensouki Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2021

158 by Playcool »»
Mar 11, 2:01 PM

Poll: » Seirei Gensouki Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2021

70 by Kraum »»
Feb 2, 10:24 AM

Poll: » Seirei Gensouki Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2021

62 by CocoaGalaxy »»
Jan 21, 9:39 PM

Poll: » Seirei Gensouki Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2021

86 by CocoaGalaxy »»
Jan 20, 11:10 PM

Poll: » Seirei Gensouki Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 23, 2021

66 by CocoaGalaxy »»
Jan 20, 10:32 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.