Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jul 24, 2021 4:49 PM
Feb 2021
I find Shakugan no Shana similar to Bleach well in the way Shana and Yuji, are but I find Shana a more likeable character then Rukia, well anyway this anime is definitely a 10/10 for me, if you're wondering i gave Bleach a 9 but not sure which one I prefer
Jul 24, 2021 5:24 PM
Jan 2021
I agree it’s good, until the third season. I don’t like when stories do the MC like that. It was my second anime, so maybe if I rewatched it I could respect it more.
The right mindset when watching an anime is hoping that it will break your top 10
Jul 24, 2021 5:29 PM

Feb 2020
i like bleach more.
i dropped this at season 2. season 1 was good though
Click for a anime mashup!
BIO
Still not gone bandwagon u, keep crying. Here u are welcome to CRINGE at my EXISTENCE

Jul 24, 2021 5:31 PM
Dec 2020
Is bleach even that good?
Deathlydash
Jul 24, 2021 5:59 PM
Amateur Reviewer
Jul 2016
PureAsGoldCR7 said:
I find Shakugan no Shana similar to Bleach well in the way Shana and Yuji, are but I find Shana a more likeable character then Rukia, well anyway this anime is definitely a 10/10 for me, if you're wondering i gave Bleach a 9 but not sure which one I prefer

Shana's a really clever show, espically for its use of ligthning, the colour pallet of the crimson dungeons and the effects of the attacks combined with the brilant directing and top notch OsT, all make it a pleasure to watch.

I'd actually suggest it's similaritys to bleach are far more production orientated then narritive as I'd say alot of similar things about it's production in those early episodes👍👍.
Jul 24, 2021 6:05 PM
Feb 2021
momentie said:
PureAsGoldCR7 said:

Shana's a really clever show, espically for its use of ligthning, the colour pallet of the crimson dungeons and the effects of the attacks combined with the brilant directing and top notch OsT, all make it a pleasure to watch.

I'd actually suggest it's similaritys to bleach are far more production orientated then narritive as I'd say alot of similar things about it's production in those early episodes👍👍.
true, I love the colour and the other effects used in this anime, I'd say bleach has the better OSTs tho, I'd personally say Bleach as the best OSTs out of all animes

Also nice to see that you have liked something I've said for once lmao
Jul 24, 2021 6:06 PM
Feb 2021
Deathlydash said:
Is bleach even that good?
yeah bleach is good, have you not watched it yet
Jul 24, 2021 6:07 PM
Amateur Reviewer
Jul 2016
PureAsGoldCR7 said:
momentie said:

true, I love the colour and the other effects used in this anime, I'd say bleach has the better OSTs tho, I'd personally say Bleach as the best OSTs out of all animes

Lol did we have an arguement at some point? (I get confused with all the different people I quote on Mal, sorry😅😅) but ya Shana's one of my favourites and Bleach is a great production if nothing else😎👍.
Jul 24, 2021 6:07 PM
Feb 2021
official_brown said:
I agree it’s good, until the third season. I don’t like when stories do the MC like that. It was my second anime, so maybe if I rewatched it I could respect it more.
I also don't like what they did with the third season but it's still really good, I'm haven't completely finished the third season but it's a mix of ups and downs for me, I gave season 1 and 2 a 10 might give season 3 a 9 depending on the ending
Jul 24, 2021 6:09 PM
Feb 2021
momentie said:
PureAsGoldCR7 said:

Lol did we have an arguement at some point? (I get confused with all the different people I quote on Mal, sorry😅😅) but ya Shana's one of my favourites and Bleach is a great production if nothing else😎👍.
yeah ironicly we actually had an argument about bleach and also school days lmao, but anyways yeah Shana is one of my favourite characters, instantly put her in my top 10 favourite, removed Nami from one piece for that lol
Jul 24, 2021 6:11 PM
Amateur Reviewer
Jul 2016
PureAsGoldCR7 said:
momentie said:

yeah ironicly we actually had an argument about bleach and also school days lmao, but anyways yeah Shana is one of my favourite characters, instantly put her in my top 10 favourite, removed Nami from one piece for that lol

Oh yes I remember now,we did indeed (arguement is a strong word, more like we swung opinions at one another lol).

Glad to hear you like it! Shana doesn't have enough love these days. I also see you have full metal panic on there, another of my favourites😎👍
Jul 24, 2021 6:21 PM
Feb 2021
momentie said:
PureAsGoldCR7 said:

Oh yes I remember now,we did indeed (arguement is a strong word, more like we swung opinions at one another lol).

Glad to hear you like it! Shana doesn't have enough love these days. I also see you have full metal panic on there, another of my favourites😎👍
yeah full metal Panic is underrated, I feel like the newer anime fans shy away from these sort of animes when they see the time it was made and assume the animation is bad, personally I think Shakugan no Shana has pretty amazing animation, compared to for example, bleach, fairy tail or one piece at their starts

Shana is one of those characters that likeability just sticks and doesn't leave, similar to Nekuzo from Demon Slayer, love them both
Jul 24, 2021 6:28 PM
Amateur Reviewer
Jul 2016
PureAsGoldCR7 said:
momentie said:

yeah full metal Panic is underrated, I feel like the newer anime fans shy away from these sort of animes when they see the time it was made and assume the animation is bad, personally I think Shakugan no Shana has pretty amazing animation, compared to for example, bleach, fairy tail or one piece at their starts

Shana is one of those characters that likeability just sticks and doesn't leave, similar to Nekuzo from Demon Slayer, love them both

Very true, the most unfortunate thing I see far to many new anime fans do is just watching the current or seasonal shows and ignoring the classics of as little as ten years ago, it's a real shame. With something like Shana I'd struggle to think of a show in the last year with as unique a stylistic flare and tone to it.

And yea Shana's great, as is her relationship with yuji(that's the main boy's name rigth?😅), I love the way he goes through a whole arc of essentially excepting his faith is to die, only for that same thing to be reflected in Shana's struggle to accept weather she's even human or not (as best evidenced by the fact she doesn't actually have a name). Also Alistoro's phone call with Yuki's mom is one of funniest yet most wholesome moments in all of anime. Just brillaint stuff👍.

I'd write more but I'm on a phone at the moment, so I struggle to be elborate with this tiny keyboard😅. If you like Fmp I have a review of it, though it was my first one so it ain't my strongest work👍.
Jul 24, 2021 6:40 PM
Feb 2021
momentie said:
PureAsGoldCR7 said:

Very true, the most unfortunate thing I see far to many new anime fans do is just watching the current or seasonal shows and ignoring the classics of as little as ten years ago, it's a real shame. With something like Shana I'd struggle to think of a show in the last year with as unique a stylistic flare and tone to it.

And yea Shana's great, as is her relationship with yuji(that's the main boy's name rigth?😅), I love the way he goes through a whole arc of essentially excepting his faith is to die, only for that same thing to be reflected in Shana's struggle to accept weather she's even human or not (as best evidenced by the fact she doesn't actually have a name). Also Alistoro's phone call with Yuki's mom is one of funniest yet most wholesome moments in all of anime. Just brillaint stuff👍.

I'd write more but I'm on a phone at the moment, so I struggle to be elborate with this tiny keyboard😅. If you like Fmp I have a review of it, though it was my first one so it ain't my strongest work👍.
yeah MAL is like really one of the only places you see people talking about the animes from 10 15 years ago, I personally don't like the idea of the new anime fans and how they view things, like the people that say Demon Slayer or MHA are the best animes ever are really hard to listen to, yeah Yuji is the other main character, I really like Shana and Yuji's relationship, it's almost perfect if only Yuji clocked on a bit quicker and yeah Yuji's mum is unlike most parents from other animes she's actually a very likeable character and important to the story, also that phone call was indeed hilarious lmao

I'm also writing in my phone xd I usually just do things on my phone so dw and yeah I'll read your rewiew on fmp since I think that anime had both a good mix of humour and fighting also nice romance
Jul 24, 2021 6:50 PM
Amateur Reviewer
Jul 2016
PureAsGoldCR7 said:
momentie said:

yeah MAL is like really one of the only places you see people talking about the animes from 10 15 years ago, I personally don't like the idea of the new anime fans and how they view things, like the people that say Demon Slayer or MHA are the best animes ever are really hard to listen to, yeah Yuji is the other main character, I really like Shana and Yuji's relationship, it's almost perfect if only Yuji clocked on a bit quicker and yeah Yuji's mum is unlike most parents from other animes she's actually a very likeable character and important to the story, also that phone call was indeed hilarious lmao

I'm also writing in my phone xd I usually just do things on my phone so dw and yeah I'll read your rewiew on fmp since I think that anime had both a good mix of humour and fighting also nice romance

Yup people these days want anime the same way they want there food: fast. They want it all in chunks broken into 5+ seasons with the same artstyle and themes at tedium(that's not to say there arn't plenty of great shows being made but ya get what I mean). It's really hard to convince people to try and look at anime as more of an art form. Watching anime for entertainment is 100% fine but sometimes it's also important to nourish your brain and engage on a deeper level. To watch Eva, Akira or War in the Pocket etc with a Morden mindset just won't work, because they're more art then they are products, they require work on the part of the audience that many just aren't bothered to give anymore.

Fmp is just brillaint, the way they use the school comedy stuff to perfectly show what's at stake when Mithral is figthing terrorists. The way the wind blows home arc turns Guaren from a cartoon villain into a serious, intimidating, phycopahtic threat and makes Souske's truma our own, rather then just using normal flashbacks.

The soundtrack is great but most of all the directing is just sublime. The figths are often really simple but they are shot to look dynamic and stick out in your mind and the Mechs really feel like actually military hard-ware that migth even be viable in our own world.

Defo a favourite of mine for sure.
Jul 24, 2021 7:04 PM
Feb 2021
momentie said:
PureAsGoldCR7 said:

Yup people these days want anime the same way they want there food: fast. They want it all in chunks broken into 5+ seasons with the same artstyle and themes at tedium(that's not to say there arn't plenty of great shows being made but ya get what I mean). It's really hard to convince people to try and look at anime as more of an art form. Watching anime for entertainment is 100% fine but sometimes it's also important to nourish your brain and engage on a deeper level. To watch Eva, Akira or War in the Pocket etc with a Morden mindset just won't work, because they're more art then they are products, they require work on the part of the audience that many just aren't bothered to give anymore.

Fmp is just brillaint, the way they use the school comedy stuff to perfectly show what's at stake when Mithral is figthing terrorists. The way the wind blows home arc turns Guaren from a cartoon villain into a serious, intimidating, phycopahtic threat and makes Souske's truma our own, rather then just using normal flashbacks.

The soundtrack is great but most of all the directing is just sublime. The figths are often really simple but they are shot to look dynamic and stick out in your mind and the Mechs really feel like actually military hard-ware that migth even be viable in our own world.

yeah people these days get their attention diverted too much, for me I'd much rather watch a 200 episode anime then 8 seasons of 25, like it's just easier for everyone that way, and yeah it isn't easy to recommend a lot of people the newer viewers to watch some anime, for example if I recommend bleach or one piece to someone who only watched 25 and 12 episode animes they will say it's unbelievable long, they're the same people that say hunter x hunter was very long lol which it really wasn't, if only these people understood the enjoyment of watching longer animes especially one piece where you don't want it to end. Speaking about one piece the episode is just about to come out so my next reply will probably be after.

Fmp is one of those animes that takes all the possible paths an anime can take and somehow make it work, with the romance between sousuke and chidori, the comedy all throughout the series and fumoffu was peak comedy lmao, also has the fighting that code Geass has aswell, with more believable mechs as you said they could fit into our world, also has you said the fights do look simple but in actuality aren't and they really do make you stick your mind out.

Ngl it's nice talking to someone who has watched anime for a while and understands the things the newer fans don't
Jul 24, 2021 7:11 PM
Amateur Reviewer
Jul 2016
PureAsGoldCR7 said:
momentie said:

yeah people these days get their attention diverted too much, for me I'd much rather watch a 200 episode anime then 8 seasons of 25, like it's just easier for everyone that way, and yeah it isn't easy to recommend a lot of people the newer viewers to watch some anime, for example if I recommend bleach or one piece to someone who only watched 25 and 12 episode animes they will say it's unbelievable long, they're the same people that say hunter x hunter was very long lol which it really wasn't, if only these people understood the enjoyment of watching longer animes especially one piece where you don't want it to end. Speaking about one piece the episode is just about to come out so my next reply will probably be after.

Fmp is one of those animes that takes all the possible paths an anime can take and somehow make it work, with the romance between sousuke and chidori, the comedy all throughout the series and fumoffu was peak comedy lmao, also has the fighting that code Geass has aswell, with more believable mechs as you said they could fit into our world, also has you said the fights do look simple but in actuality aren't and they really do make you stick your mind out.

Ngl it's nice talking to someone who has watched anime for a while and understands the things the newer fans don't

Completely, try convincing someone to watch the original 140 EPs of gundam, now there's an uphill battle, it's old and long😂😂.

No worries, Amma head off to bed but enjoy your one piece😎👍.

And yup I agree with all of that, I like Jujutsu kaisen but you don't have to be at that level of animation to do good figths, what makes fmps figths good are the genuine stakes and emotional weigh of them combined with that memorable imagery, rather then being sakauga levels of movement.

Same to you, always good to chat with someone open minded about older animes😎👍.
Jul 24, 2021 7:46 PM
Feb 2021
momentie said:
PureAsGoldCR7 said:

Completely, try convincing someone to watch the original 140 EPs of gundam, now there's an uphill battle, it's old and long😂😂.

And yup I agree with all of that, I like Jujutsu kaisen but you don't have to be at that level of animation to do good figths, what makes fmps figths good are the genuine stakes and emotional weigh of them combined with that memorable imagery, rather then being sakauga levels of movement.

yeah I completely just give up on them, if they don't want to watch it, it's their choice I guess but they're missing out lol

I did indeed enjoy the one piece episode, and yeah animation doesn't need to be so much that I get confused lol
Jul 24, 2021 7:57 PM
Amateur Reviewer
Jul 2016
PureAsGoldCR7 said:
momentie said:

yeah I completely just give up on them, if they don't want to watch it, it's their choice I guess but they're missing out lol

I did indeed enjoy the one piece episode, and yeah animation doesn't need to be so much that I get confused lol

Glad to hear it, I really need to get to one piece one of these days😂😂.

Surprised to see you up'ed your school days score, any particular reason?

With that said, I better be knocking off, good nigth👍.
Jul 24, 2021 8:05 PM
Feb 2021
momentie said:
PureAsGoldCR7 said:

yeah one piece is a must get into, people say it's too long but that's what makes it good it's my personal favourite anime

Yeah I up'ed my school days score, I watched some of the school days HQ stuff even tho it's not directly canon it still got me multiple endings I wanted, I also thought about how good the school days OSTs were and what it was really about, still love Sekai tho

And good night hope you see this whenever you wake up
Jul 24, 2021 9:17 PM
Mar 2021
Season 1 and 2 was good. But I had to force myself to finish season 3.
Jul 25, 2021 5:37 AM
Amateur Reviewer
Jul 2016
PureAsGoldCR7 said:
momentie said:

yeah one piece is a must get into, people say it's too long but that's what makes it good it's my personal favourite anime

Yeah I up'ed my school days score, I watched some of the school days HQ stuff even tho it's not directly canon it still got me multiple endings I wanted, I also thought about how good the school days OSTs were and what it was really about, still love Sekai tho

And good night hope you see this whenever you wake up

Ya it's definitely on my to do list😅.

Glad to hear it 😎😎, always brillaint to see someone willing to think about the anime they consume😊👍.
Jul 25, 2021 11:23 AM

May 2020
Haven't watched Bleach, but I've got Shana III on hold for a while now cause of the way the Mc suddenly does a 180 or something... The series overall is pretty okay though, but I'd rather compare it to something like the Index/Railgun series.
Don't mind me,
just passing by...
Jul 27, 2021 2:16 AM
Apr 2020
I dont really like season 3. I dont watch Bleach so I cant compare anything but Shana has one of my favourite OPs of all time
Jul 27, 2021 7:55 AM
Feb 2021
LightAndShadow1 said:
I dont really like season 3. I dont watch Bleach so I cant compare anything but Shana has one of my favourite OPs of all time
season 3 isn't as good as the other 2 but it has a good ending, also how haven't you seen bleach, hasn't everyone seen bleach
Jul 29, 2021 4:09 PM
May 2020
I remember adoring Shakugan no shana as one of my first ever animes. But I recently rewached the first season and I didn't like it nearly as much :/
Sep 14, 2021 11:58 PM
May 2017
This was the f*cking sh!t man.
Mar 12, 2022 11:18 AM
Oct 2014
Seasons 1 and 2 are kinda hard to get into. But season 3 is just insanely awesome!

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shakugan no Shana Episode 5 Discussion

stephy_ccs - Jul 2, 2008

27 by Dywei »»
Jan 31, 7:26 AM

Poll: » Shakugan no Shana Episode 4 Discussion

Chilli-Kun - Mar 10, 2008

44 by Dywei »»
Jan 23, 3:22 AM

Poll: » Shakugan no Shana Episode 16 Discussion

theeggman85 - Oct 7, 2008

37 by BaronLukis »»
Oct 22, 2023 4:16 PM

Poll: » Shakugan no Shana Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

then - May 9, 2008

58 by BaronLukis »»
Oct 20, 2023 10:05 AM

Poll: » Shakugan no Shana Episode 8 Discussion

theeggman85 - Oct 5, 2008

39 by GoddessOfSake »»
Sep 23, 2023 7:22 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.