Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 23, 2021 5:59 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This episode gave me Sentai vibes lol

A big fight of the heroes and that giantic moving fortress. It's like watching a boss battle with all the prominent Dragon Quest party members. Dai was quite a badass as he takes charge to lead that fight.
Jul 23, 2021 6:04 PM

Nov 2020
Another awesome episode, part when Dai enter in the castle was great.
-Hyunckel-Jul 24, 2021 7:12 AM
Jul 23, 2021 6:08 PM

Dec 2020
Indeed awesome episode again.

+ No censorship. It's great. I felt bad about Hyunckel's wounds.

+ Great work on the colours again (the mist / the red in gathering room / Dai's hairs were gray when he used his sword etc.)

- Merle lost a great scene from the manga (she was supposed to hit the floor with a knife in order to stop Shadow to kill the king.) it's a shame that this character lost all her little scenes of heroism since some episodes...

+ Was a great idea to stop the episode there. Two next episodes will be fire.

Le-ConteurJul 23, 2021 6:26 PM
Jul 23, 2021 6:12 PM

Sep 2018
A very good episode indeed! It's still a bit pity they cut/changed Merle stabbing shadow clone! I love Merle so this is a bit sad for me XD

This ep is the final of Holy Sword Arc, next week is the start of a new longggg and epicccc arc, the second turning point of the series, the best arc, best saga for me with non-stop over 100 epic chapters (=30 eps): Epic Challenge Arc of Hyper Demon Saga is waiting for you! Prepare yourself for the maximum of epicness!!! XD
Jul 23, 2021 7:34 PM

Apr 2014
This episode was freaking awesome. The Sword of Dai reminds me of the biggest reference to the Sword of Erdrick or Loto/Roto. Though the difference for the Sword of Dai is that it will only allow itself to go into battle if the opponent is worthy to fight. Dude. I cannot wait to see what it can do to the Sword of Champions and hopefully the Demonic Dragon Blade that is if we ever see them. Though the outcome will be obvious maybe, but still would like to see it in action against those weapons. X3
Jul 23, 2021 7:36 PM
Oct 2016
Top tier epic moment for Dai. Cutting a literal walking attack castle with his new sword! Reduced that thing to rubble with ease, love to see it. The animation as he flew through the castle and fighting it looked great. This show has dialed up the animation when needed working in tandem. Hyunckel has started to get closer to using that air style effectively. He can disrupt Mystvearn dark aura attacks like Dai can as well. Hyunckel is evolving past what Mystvearn taught him, student overtaking master. Mystvearn hiding his face and becoming enraged at them seeing it definitely is important. There's something there I can't wait to see how that thread unfolds. Now its jumping time for Mystvearn without his big backup.
Jul 23, 2021 9:21 PM

Nov 2007
Avan's attack revealed enemy's face and that made him mad.

"Dai's sword" finally completed, but not able to use all the time.

Main character saving when KajiKaji's character in pain, and broke the seal. KajiKaji's character told him to save the kings instead.

The sword gave permission to destroy the moving castle.

Another enemy enters the battle next.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jul 23, 2021 9:48 PM

Jan 2009
Maam blush so its really confirmed that she loves Hyunckel lol sorry Popp

and Hyunckel can do air slash or this time air strikes eh

Dais sword is kinda disappointing though as he needs consent from it to use it its not just a tool but a living being or soul as they call it kinda bad if that happens in real life imo
Jul 23, 2021 10:18 PM
Apr 2021
Episode was HYPE toei animation came thru with another banger excited for next week’s episode!
Jul 23, 2021 11:15 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
A good times and opponent to show how op Dai's new sword was, basically a show-off for Dai's sword in general. However, that little part with Mystvearn continuations action to torture them with the secret on his face. Then Hyunckel, and Maam minor interaction exchange. Well, as always, an epic enjoyable episode to say the least.

Lets see whats up with the other Vearn's direct pawn that suddenly appear out of nowhere. Because its the end of Mystvearn role and appearance there too? Well, by any means, really looking forward to see next episode....
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jul 23, 2021 11:46 PM
Sep 2015
Dai 2020 music should be used in Olympic instead of the classic Dragon Quest intro. I'm probably angry a lot of fan for that comment.

Anyway, I'm wondering if Hyunckel has any connection with Mystvearn, biologically??? If I recall correctly the anime hasn't reveal Hyuckel's true parents yet?
Jul 23, 2021 11:52 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
That was great, Dai is op now with his new sword, that was so epic that he directly slashed the fortress!
Jul 24, 2021 1:21 AM

Sep 2013
Great episode,Dai is officially the Yuusha :')

He really came from far,at this point he could get to 2C Tier by the end of the series lol
Deep dark fantasies
Jul 24, 2021 5:03 AM

Sep 2011
i came here just to say how much i love the fact that they didn't let dragon quest series die. Even if they didn't animate allot of important stuff.
Jul 24, 2021 7:41 AM

Oct 2008
Hey this was such a perfect episode i approve! but too much screaming but hey it was very satisfying!
5/5.

Jul 24, 2021 7:57 AM

May 2018
Dai's new sword is way too OP. I pity the castle lmao
Jul 24, 2021 10:20 AM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
Finally, Dai has a sword that can withstand his Dragon Knight's power. That scene where Dai going through the castle killing enemies was another video game moment by Toei. The sword seems to have a mind of its own as it is only used when Dai needs it the most and that was more than enough to reduce Sovereign Rock Castle to rubble. Now it just comes down to the fight against Hyunckel vs. Mystvearn.

phantomfandom said:
Dai 2020 music should be used in Olympic instead of the classic Dragon Quest intro. I'm probably angry a lot of fan for that comment.

Anyway, I'm wondering if Hyunckel has any connection with Mystvearn, biologically??? If I recall correctly the anime hasn't reveal Hyuckel's true parents yet?

I'm curious about Mystvearn's identity too since he was being so sensitive about it. It could be the same situation with Dai and his father although I'm expecting some kind of twist in the end. I didn't know the classic Dragon Quest intro was used in they Tokyo Olympics, but then again the only competition I saw so far was Men's 3x3 basketball(Japan vs. Belgium) and Men's Volleyball(USA vs. France)
Jul 24, 2021 10:31 AM
Sep 2015
AddaeAkono said:
I didn't know the classic Dragon Quest intro was used in they Tokyo Olympics

They use a whole lot of Japanese video game music in parade of nations (list in spoiler)
Jul 24, 2021 11:07 AM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
phantomfandom said:
AddaeAkono said:
I didn't know the classic Dragon Quest intro was used in they Tokyo Olympics

They use a whole lot of Japanese video game music in parade of nations (list in spoiler)

Thanks. I never played any of those games listed so I never recognized them. I did like the song that used during the lighting of the Olympic flame. That was a nice touch.
Jul 24, 2021 11:54 AM

Mar 2010
I HAVE THE POWERRRRRRR!!!!!

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Jul 24, 2021 1:05 PM

Feb 2019
AMAZING EP. Dai’s sword looks awesome and arrived right on time to save the day. Episode was full of Sakuga from start to finish. Really curious about what Hyunckel was going to reveal about Mystvearn tho. Hopefully we find out soon.
Jul 24, 2021 4:21 PM
Jul 2018
new dai sword is very strong even how they managed to make a good dai sword.
Sep 14, 2021 4:35 AM
Oct 2019
Sword of Dai really OP...
WTF!!

also can we talked about how Gome-chan still alive? lmao

i wonder what Mystvearn real identity could be? maybe someone related to Avan?

the SAKUGA in this episode was Amazing!
davidyodo24Sep 14, 2021 10:42 PM
Sep 14, 2021 4:36 AM
Oct 2019
DragonKnight92 said:
A very good episode indeed! It's still a bit pity they cut/changed Merle stabbing shadow clone! I love Merle so this is a bit sad for me XD

This ep is the final of Holy Sword Arc, next week is the start of a new longggg and epicccc arc, the second turning point of the series, the best arc, best saga for me with non-stop over 100 epic chapters (=30 eps): Epic Challenge Arc of Hyper Demon Saga is waiting for you! Prepare yourself for the maximum of epicness!!! XD

damn Merle are so badass, it's sad they cut this scene.

More topics from this board

» NEW ANIME PROJECT CONFIRMED

SOSYBOI - Mar 11, 2023

12 by Illyricus »»
Apr 8, 6:53 AM

Poll: » Choose the best arc(s) in Dai no Daibouken!

DragonKnight92 - Oct 21, 2022

10 by Illyricus »»
Apr 8, 6:49 AM

Poll: » Dragon Quest: Dai no Daibouken (2020) Episode 32 Discussion

Stark700 - May 14, 2021

35 by Teirayo »»
Mar 30, 6:49 AM

Poll: » Dragon Quest: Dai no Daibouken (2020) Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 2, 2020

132 by MonkeyDKyle »»
Mar 27, 1:04 PM

Poll: » Dragon Quest: Dai no Daibouken (2020) Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 27, 2020

50 by Teirayo »»
Mar 27, 7:05 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.