Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 »
Jan 14, 2014 4:29 AM
Jun 2013
10/10 loved it.
Jan 24, 2014 8:54 PM

Mar 2012
While the show overall was rather amazing, I think the show hit a cliff after the Chizuru/Ryu/Toora, and it sucks that it was the end of the show, if something had happened between Shouta and Sawako think it wouldn't have been such a weak ending to the season

8/10 sucks the next season is only 12 episodes though, going to be a really quick watch for me :(

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment"
Mar 1, 2014 2:15 PM
Oct 2013
corlock20 said:
Really liked it but I wish they would have confessed...
I hope they do it in season 2
8/10 (would be higher if they would have confessed)

seriously, a whole season and neither one of them confessed. At least in Toradora they confessed in the last episode. I hope they don't wait till the last episode of season two to confess
Fear is freedom!
Subjugation is liberation!
Contradiction is truth!
These are the truths of this world!
Surrender to those truths,
you pigs in human in human clothing!

-Satsuki Kiryuin
Mar 12, 2014 10:39 AM

Jan 2012
I liked it,onto season 2 now
Yano-chin is so cute she's my favorite
Apr 11, 2014 9:42 PM

Jan 2008
I love this series from start to finish there is just so much going on in every episode that there really isnt anything boring about it really I do want to start the second season right away but have to wait

But there was just so many things about this anime that i just simply enjoyed like the embarrassment about things bc normally it is the female that feels them but in this it flips it n shows the male being embarrassed more n I think that is completely adorable sometimes I wish my relationship was a shoujo anime but then again I dont but this anime is a 10 for me and cant wait to start the next season as soon as I get a chance which might be tomorrow but maybe not.
Apr 16, 2014 8:25 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
8/10, could have been better, but the last couple of episodes really helped end the season with a bang.

Would have liked more romance development, but I'm satisfied with Sawako and Kazeha relationship right now. They are building it up slow, learning more about each other.

Tomo and Ecko make a short appearance as well. Glad to know they were also having fun on New Years Eve/day.

May 18, 2014 4:09 PM

Aug 2013
Ahhhhhh, why did you dodged that bullet Kazehaya! You had such the best chance to tell her, but you missed it brillantly! -__-

Poor Ayane, she just got bad luck over bad luck xD

Now, up to the second season!
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Jun 29, 2014 1:27 PM
Oct 2012
I really liked this anime :)
Jul 24, 2014 1:45 AM

Jan 2014
I don't even want to comment to this as if it were the last episode.
Now to season 2 !! ^-^ Loved it, by the way. LOVED IT !
Aug 26, 2014 10:26 PM

Dec 2013
10/10.

Girls like Kuronoma Sawako are like magical unicorns. If found, must capture. You'll NEVER see one again. Sawako is #1. Best personality from a female character in any anime I've ever seen. I'm pretty sure she tops Asuna from SAO. I cri everytim. Too good. I love you Sawako Kuronoma!!!!
"No one knows what the future holds. That's why its potential is infinite.” - Okabe Rintarou

"El Psy Congroo."

Kirino Kyousake Picture
Sep 18, 2014 7:33 PM
Aug 2014
Well what a disappointment...

The Chizu//Ryu romance is so much more interesting than Sawako//Kazehaya, they really do bore me.

6-7/10
Sep 19, 2014 12:04 AM

Oct 2013
Finally got to marathon this series I overlooked when it aired - maybe for good reason too, as it really isn't my thing. Romance is one of my favorite genres but I'm pretentious as hell when it comes to it and the romance in Kimi ni Todoke was severely lacking. Seriously, 25 episodes and not even a freaking confession?

Luckily, it has other things going for it besides romance, such as the theme of friendship and it does that pretty well. Like others, I'm gonna say that the supporting cast is more interesting than the main cast here. I thought the show was at it's peak in during the Kurumi arc(she ended up being my favorite character and like me, she was probably wondering what the hell is she doing in such a sugar coated show). Ryu & Chizu's arc was also fairly interesting. I also liked Ayane but then again, it's hard NOT to like her. Kazehaya was waaaaay too sickeningly sweet for me and was probably one of the weakest character of the show - I don't hate him or anything though(actually, how could you hate any character in this show is beyond me since everyone's so nice). As for Sawako, while I don't find her as compelling as Kurumi or Ayane, she still managed to grow on me.

Oh, and let's not forget it had some really nice art style, one that felt unique to this anime.

Some people call a show where everyone is so sweet & nice to each other, with such slow romantic developments unrealistic but I don't think it is. I've known friends who've grown in such environments so it's definitely possible, although I personally haven't experienced it. For the right audience, Kimi ni Todoke can definitely make it in their all-time favorites with a clear 10/10, just so happens I'm not it. Even so, I still enjoyed it and gave it a 7/10.

Now off to watch S2...
ManlyTearSep 19, 2014 2:03 AM
Sep 23, 2014 9:18 PM

Jul 2013
No confession, but the characters' relationships are clearly developing. I'm glad the show ended with one of my favorite songs from the soundtrack.

Because it feels a little too open-ended, I'm going with 9/10. Everything else I really liked.

I'm worried about the 2nd season after reading the two reviews on its page. It seems like they're throwing another love triangle in for the sake of drama. :/ And at least with Kurumi I liked her because she was a dimensional character towards the end. I'll probably watch it so I can see how Ryuu/Chizu, Sawako/Kazehaya, and maybe even Pin/Ayane end up but otherwise I'm thinking that this is as good as its gonna get. I hope everything proves me wrong though.
Nov 11, 2014 4:11 AM

Mar 2014
This was such a beautiful anime, really enjoyed it and found myself laughing surprisingly a lot :3

There was no kiss or love confession which made me a little sad wanting to see one but assumed that as there is a second season.

Still beautiful anime nonetheless ^_^
Trash mammal
Dec 11, 2014 2:54 PM

Apr 2014
this was magical and so wonderfully made all in all i'm glad i decided to watch it
Jan 17, 2015 5:21 PM

Aug 2014
bit of a unsatisfying ending (ep 24 and ep 25 seemed to drag a bit for me) but good stuff overall.
Jan 18, 2015 4:06 AM

Jan 2013
I didn't expect Pin near the end.
It was good, they all had a nice time together, poor Joe tho.
Jan 30, 2015 5:12 PM

May 2014
Ending was pretty decent. The comedy was expected, the OST really stood out, other than that, standard fare I suppose. A bit boring at times and I felt myself forcing myself to watch it , but series had a decent ring to it.
3.5/5
Feb 3, 2015 6:59 PM
Anti-social One

Mar 2013
Yay for the season 2....
Can't wait to watch.

To be honest, at first it was kind of annoying with Sawako (though totally relatable since I sorta over logiate --->not a word but YAknow.< everything especially like friendships.) But I love how Sawako, though pretty, she was like...a normal pretty not like Ayane.She kind of gets more... I dunno.. mature both physically and mentally as it goes on. I hope that in the next season it can fully blossom ships.
AyanexPin (lolwutidek)
RyuuxChii
AND OF COURSE SawakoxKazehaya.

I'm sort of upset they never really got that MOMENT....but overall the ending was really cute. ^~^

One day. ;-; Just one.
Like everyone said, it was kind of really repetitive (and slightly frustrating) but I like it it wasn't bad.
8.5/10
I think the main reason I've put it off so long is the art, but second it's somewhat basic.
It was enjoyable basic however, so I will watch the second season. :D

Read somewhere up there ^^ there is a live action too! Can't wait though obviously it won't be as good as the anime :)
(P.S. I felt like this was more of a trollcomedy then a shoujo though nonetheless.
P.P.S. Favorite Character definitely Ryuu.
P.P.P.S Am I the only one happy that Kurumi even though she's a main antagonisticy (another made up word) person. She didn't really turn into the fake bitch? Well..fake...but...for...a somewhat....reasonable understandable reason. She kind of became a sortanotreallyfriend with Sawako, so that's good.
Feb 14, 2015 2:07 PM

Aug 2013
I wanted to give 8/10 (because tooooooooooo many chibi faces) , but last few episodes was more than good, so I decided to give 9/10 for this show and put Sawako in my fav list.

Really good series, I'm looking forward for next season (which I will start watching for a moment), and then I start reading manga I think.
This is my kind of anime.
Dialogues/thoughts >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> action
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Mar 5, 2015 11:35 AM

Feb 2015
THE PERFECT SETTING, DAY, ATMOSPHERE............................yet no kisses

While I would have watched the 2nd season regardless, I will definitely have to watch a.s.a.p so I can see this love blossom...

I really love this show though. The comedy is on point without being over the top, and their love is just so ;-; so innocent and nice. Can't wait to see what happens!
Apr 4, 2015 4:26 AM

Jun 2013
That was a good finale for season one.

Sawako and Kazehaya continued to walk while talking. She said she'll try harder this year so that people will continue to like her, but he replied that they already do. They visited the shrine and went to pick out fortunes. Kazehaya got an "Excellent Luck" slip, while Sawako got a "Bad Luck" slip. He said that getting a "Bad Luck" slip is lucky because it's rare. The funny thing was, their fortunes were related to love . She read the part pertaining to love and realized it could be talking about Kazehaya. He gave her his "Excellent Luck" as a "birthday gift".

In this episode, there was also Ryu x Chizuru moments. When Ryu walked away from the group, Chizuro followed him. She said he could smile more by saying "Chi". I laughed when he replied, "Over my dead body". He also said that whoever Sawako meets, Kazehaya will handle it so the group should not be too worried for them. Ryu and Chizuru smiled (that was so sweet) when they saw Kazehaya and Sawako having a good time.

Ayane x Joe moment was over when Joe's family arrived to get him. And then Pin came and saved her from the dudes who wanted to be in a relationship with her. Ayana was about to thank him when they saw each other. They were both surprised, lol! Pin x Ayane began...

Kazehaya and Sawako continued home, taking the path she walks to school. Kazehaya stopped at that spot, and recollected that how he met Sawako for the first time at that place. She was surprised he remembered it, but she had also been thinking the exact thing. They realized their love for each other, but of course, they didn't act on it.

Every character in the anime was shown at the closing credits. Ryu x Chizuru, Pin x Ayane (lols), Kurumi and her friends, their classmates at the convenience store, Joe and his parents, Kazehaya's brother and Pedro, Sawako's parents, and the last but not the least: Kazehaya x Sawako. <3

This is an amazing anime show. It delivered it well till the end. Good thing there's season two.
Sep 17, 2015 1:20 PM

Sep 2014
My first shoujo anime and definitely one of my most favorite anime by far! The romance is so gentle and sweet (:.
Oct 10, 2015 12:33 PM

May 2015
I'm all for taking your time and having a slow story line, but I felt this one was dragged out a little too long. It started to come together at the end, but that last episode was so rough...Kazehaya just saying, "I'll see you again next year." I feel suckered in to watching season 2 now just for some sort of closure, but who knows. 5/10
Nov 19, 2015 3:59 AM

Nov 2014
i agree with many other people
the last 8 episodes were just so dragged out. Also there is no conclusion to this season, nothing at all.
I'd have wanted at least 3 episodes after a confession but we didn't even get that.
Jan 22, 2016 8:51 PM

Nov 2011
I almost completely disagree with most people here. Although a kiss, confession, or even a hug may have been nice, I think that's missing the point. Love is about more than that, and there's nothing wrong with taking it slow. Rushing things is a big reason why many couples don't make it these days, in my opinion.

So, while I wouldn't have decried it had any of those things happened, I still feel like this was pretty much a perfect ending, and especially so considering that there's more. (I would have been satisfied with the ending even if there wasn't, although in many senses I feel like I could watch Sawako's whole life go by and not get tired of it.)

This was an immensely rewarding experience for me, far more so than I expected. I don't think any other series has made me so consistently smile, consider, relate, and relax like this one has. I loved it.

I'm very, very picky about what I give them out to, but this is unquestionably a 10/10 in my book.
Feb 20, 2016 5:42 PM
Apr 2014
NO ONE CONFESSED. -_______________-
SEASON 2 BETTER CHANGE THAT OMFG
Mar 7, 2016 5:00 AM

Mar 2014
'Photosynthesis' ❀❀ .
The Good Change ~ . KAWAII DESUH ~ heart emoticon !!
New year blessings . Akimashite Omedito !!
May Fortune be with you ~ .. and the couples !! Though it's all on your choice .
ROMANTIC GREAT EPISODE !!! "Yureteru ai no hana ~ "

Looking forward to season 2 !!
It's was very enjoyable and pleasing for me !! :D
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 25, 2016 6:36 AM
Jan 2016
This anime was one of the first Shoujo anime i've seen, and i liked it very much! This anime's really very emotional and enjoyable to watch. I'm glad Sawako finally has friends and loves Kazehaya, will watch the next season definetely!
Kawaii desu nee~ !!
Jul 14, 2016 8:44 AM

Jul 2012
Well, I had a blast with this show. Finished this season in 2 days. That's only because I watched 20 episodes of another Shoujo Anime in between. I've read the Manga a few years ago up to where they actually start dating later on and I thought watching the Anime would make me bored (it did, sometimes) but it was a good ride. It's a bittersweet, but adorable Anime that portrays first loves and pure love perfectly. Watching this Anime hurts me because I lived Sawako's life back in elementary up to high school. I even had my own Kazehaya - basically a guy who treated me a bit more special and protected me when everyone else had their backs against me. So yeah, this show really touches my heart. 8/10 and now, I'm moving onto season 2.

More things: For an older Anime, the art is absolutely gorgeous especially the whole watercolour thing they got going on. And also, Kazehaya's voice actor is incredible. At the moment when I wrote this post, I didn't know his seiyuu and that says a lot. I'm praising someone I don't know the name of. He has the perfect youthful and innocent boy-next-door voice. Everyone else sounds great as well. I know Mamo is voicing the love rival next season, so I'm looking forward to that. Edit- wtf NamiDai was Kazehaya??? Lol omg I couldnt tell
Dec 10, 2016 6:33 AM

Mar 2014
No drama for the last episode, but that's fine. It's a really sweet ending for the series. Speaking of drama, the transition between this episode and the second season's first episode is huge.
Oct 5, 2018 12:27 PM

Feb 2017
Ayane was right, "It's like I'm watching a turtle race!"
It was really gorgeous and sweet anime. I loved it!
Season 2, here I come.
Nov 27, 2018 5:50 PM

Oct 2017
Kazehaya and Sawako are still talking about her past and everything that’s led up to now. He says he knew she was a nice person, even when they first met. And He says that she’s already changing for the better.

Ryu was tired of dealing with Jo and having to worry about Sawako and Kazehaya so he walked off. Chizu followed after him demanding that they went to the shrine together. Poor Ryu still wants some amazake..

Kazehaya and Sawako got to pull the bell together as the new year started. She thought how happy she is now and how grateful she is for all the friends she has in her life.
On their way down from the steps, Kazehaya mentions that it’s slippery as he holds out his hand. Of course Sawako took it. How smooth of him.

Sawako and Kazehaya decide to go get some fortunes next. Aw Sawako’s was unlucky, poor girl. Kazehaya offered to give his to her instead. How sweet.

Lol Pin is being Pin again. He actually saves Ayane from some unwanted male attention. Then gets annoyed when he finds out it’s her. I kinda feel like they could possibly get together in the future. He is a lot older than her but I’m not gonna rule it out completely.

I really liked the scene with the ending song playing in the background. It was nice to be able to see where everyone was and what they were doing. I liked that this season ended with Kazehaya and Sawako going back to the first place they met. It was a good place to end it, though I was still kinda sad there was no confession. Overall, it was a good season. I don’t watch many romances, but I really enjoyed this one.
Jan 13, 2019 7:52 PM

Jul 2014
This was an okay show. I kind of liked it at the beginning but felt it started to drag after a few episodes. Not a bad show by any means, just not very exciting to watch.

Still a watchable show, and better than other romance anime I've seen.

5/10
D-ohnutsDec 22, 2020 3:05 PM
Feb 4, 2019 11:34 PM

Jul 2016
And so this season is over.

Honestly, I thought Sawako already knew she was in love with Kazehaya after Kurumi's arc so this "new" realization about that fact felt a bit unnecessary but well, I guess she needed this "date" with him to fully establish her feelings.

Regarding the episode, it was good but the conclusion felt mostly like any other episode. Not to mention that their relationship didn't evolve that much either. As I said, Sawako realized she's in love with him but that fact was already known for her so yeah, aside from some really cute and adorable moments, this episode was exactly like the previous ones.

Overall, it was a nice series. And although Sawako and Kazehaya's relationship evolves way to slow for my taste (It took 25 episodes for them to actually touch hands), I can't deny the fact that most, if not all of its episodes were enjoyable at some degree.

Additionally, I think the side characters were, without a doubt, the strongest point of the series. Kurumi, despite being such a manipulative bitch, was very entertaining to watch. And although Tooru's sudden existence felt a bit like an excuse to give Chizu's character more depth, the drama surrounding her, her feelings and Ryuu was rather appealing to watch as well.

What else... well, Pin was basically comic relief but I found him annoying for most of the time he appeared on screen. His character was probably the only one I couldn't feel any sympathy for.

All in all, It was a pretty simplistic Shoujo anime with nothing new to show but despite that, its characters (mostly Chizu, Ayane and Ryuu), its arcs and overall sweetness were enough entertaining for me to keep watching it. 7/10
SouthRzVaFeb 4, 2019 11:37 PM
Jan 12, 2020 8:51 AM
Apr 2016
A very sweet and beautiful ending, I was hoping it'd be like this! Hopefully next season they'll start actually going out.
Feb 21, 2020 3:15 AM

Oct 2019
Such an enjoyable and heartwarming show. Too bad no confession made on last ep. 9/10.
Oct 28, 2020 1:59 AM

Jun 2020
Well, seeing as there is a second season, it isn't too much of a concern, but I was genuinely shocked that there was no confession at the end of a 25 episode series. The show was definitely good, but there were times that it felt somewhat slow and seemed to drag on. However, I felt invested the whole way through and I found myself feeling a variety of emotions throughout this season. 8/10, I would totally recommend it.
Have a great day!

Dec 26, 2020 2:06 AM

Feb 2020
This anime was really sweet.

-. W A N . S H E N G . J I E .-
光照亮万圣街每天都是新鲜的起点要不是亲身经
历的遇见不敢想天使恶魔也会有关联
- H O R R I D H E N D Y -

May 4, 2021 1:58 AM

Aug 2017
One of the best shoujo I've watched. Sure, the pacing is slow but we learn more and more from every character in each episode. Extremely good SOL scenes unlike other failed attempts -So Ra No Wo To-. Finally, the drama was pretty good and that's coming from someone who is very strict with it. 9/10 for the anime.
NurguburuMay 4, 2021 2:02 AM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jun 2, 2021 4:57 PM

Jan 2021
9/10
I loved everything about well almost but still it was enjoyable.
I have to admit I rarely like slow pace anime’s but this one is different.
Aug 3, 2021 2:10 AM
Apr 2021
I read a lot of comments about how Kazehaya and Sawako's relationship didn't go anywhere after 25 episodes, but for me, I don't think that's the case.

To me, the whole season was about Sawako learning about friendships and relationships, not really about falling in love with Kazehaya. She learned how to stand up for herself, stand up for her friends, realize that not everyone is deserving of friendship, and even watched and suffered through someone else's love story.

Kazehaya definitely was an important part of her story, and in fact the reason why she was able to experience all of these things, but to me, this isn't a romance about the two of them. It felt more coming of age to me, and I love how the show ended: Sawako finally knowing what love feels like, and both of them resolving to pursue each other.

I can't wait to get to season 2. :)
Oct 15, 2021 3:30 AM
Oct 2021
I liked the ending a lot
9/10
Oct 21, 2021 8:15 AM
May 2020
it was sooo good going to season 2 right now hehe
Oct 21, 2021 11:54 PM

Aug 2018
IIRC this is my first Shoujo anime so yeah it was good enough to watch. Looking forward of season 2.
Apr 6, 2022 3:38 PM

May 2016
What a ride this was from early on I was not really interested in the whole thing especially
during Kurumi times, but after that it became insanely good.

Sawa Daddy sure had a good time with her waifu. 9/10
Apr 24, 2022 5:40 PM

Dec 2021
10/10, such a perfect end to the season. I'm putting the second season high on my list of priorities.
Opinions are opinions, and differing opinions can co-exist. 🙂
May 25, 2022 12:49 PM

Aug 2016
A nice ending.

Sawako and Shouta are a cute pair.

Ryuu be outta there, this situation too stupid xD

Chizuru and Ryuu gotta a future pair.

Pin and Ayane make a mean duo lmfao.
“I just spent the last two years thinking that you guys knew more than me about life and I just found out that you guys are just as dumb as me.” “Duh-doy.” “Yeah, duh-doy.”
Nov 22, 2022 5:43 PM

Dec 2019
MaL did this show dirty by changing the most important thing, the cover which now looks stupidly plain and Shoujo-obvious. Should've retained the last cover with Sawako & Kazehaya that actually determines what this show might offer, no wonder this fell off the top-rankings so hard
Nov 26, 2022 12:03 PM
Nov 2022
very nice and enjoyable
Pages (8) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kimi ni Todoke Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

francismeunier - Mar 2, 2010

161 by BurningSapphires »»
Mar 6, 5:54 PM

Poll: » Kimi ni Todoke Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

maji_saikou - Nov 10, 2009

250 by nxtsue »»
Mar 5, 7:23 PM

Poll: » Kimi ni Todoke Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Mar 23, 2010

160 by LuxuriousHeart »»
Mar 1, 7:36 PM

Poll: » Kimi ni Todoke Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Jakeki - Mar 9, 2010

169 by LuxuriousHeart »»
Mar 1, 6:38 PM

Poll: » Kimi ni Todoke Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

francismeunier - Jan 19, 2010

202 by LuxuriousHeart »»
Mar 1, 2:16 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.