Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 20, 2021 8:56 AM

May 2016
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
There were so many idols that I feel like most of the story was introducing them. It wasn't a particularly good story, maybe not even regular, which is a shame as the animation was nice.
Aug 10, 2021 3:52 PM

Oct 2015
This movie is really weird to say the least, it feels like it caters to those that are familiar with the franchise but it honestly didn't feel that way. I'm familiar with the franchise and it's a damn shame they settled with a shitty plot instead of just going all out and give insight on these characters. I'm just happy to see it animated and hear the songs.
Aug 24, 2021 4:33 PM

Jan 2008
Say what you will, I enjoyed it. It also had a refreshingly realistic ending: no, you can't solve everything with a song and dance routine. I fansubbed this.
Aug 24, 2021 10:32 PM
Anime Moderator
May 2018
Thank you for subbing it, I appreciate people who sub obscure movies like this.

Not really my thing but I can see the appeal, especially to someone who's already familiar with the series and loves the characters. Without that prior attachment, they all were just forgettable tropes. The plot was ok enough though really thin, though I agree the ending not being happy was interesting for being different. The animation was nice and the dances were 2D which is rare these days (though they were pretty simple). The music was decent, just sorta generic idol songs. Not the worst thing I've ever seen in my life, but I'll probably forget about it by tomorrow. There's definitely worse ways to spend 70 minutes.
Aug 25, 2021 4:26 AM

May 2017
DmonHiro said:
Say what you will, I enjoyed it. It also had a refreshingly realistic ending: no, you can't solve everything with a song and dance routine. I fansubbed this.

Well thanks for you effort, but westernizing subs for idol series is rather a cringy thing to do. I hope that someone will edit it.
Aug 25, 2021 8:49 AM

Jan 2008
KawaiiTanuki said:
westernizing subs for idol series is rather a cringy thing to do.

That's an incredibly stupid thing to say. It also has nothing to with what I said before, but hey, if it makes you happy.

Why don't you just edit the subs to your liking then? They are external, just open it in Notepad and have at it? No? Too much effort? Yeah, that's what I thought, you parasite.
DmonHiroAug 25, 2021 11:09 AM
Oct 27, 2021 3:19 AM

Apr 2020
the worst idol anime i've ever seen
its existence is pointless

Feb 3, 2022 9:18 PM

Oct 2014
This felt like something that could have been good if they gave it enough time to properly flesh it out. The idea of the story is silly, but it probably would have grown on me if I had at least 12 episodes with it. There were also far too many characters for such a short runtime and so we only got to know the most shallow details of who they are.
Mar 20, 2022 5:56 AM

Feb 2020
Sigh... Susu's "darling!" crap was just too much for me. I already had to drop The iDOLM@STER for the same reason.

Well, that wasn't the only problem here...

What a disappointment.

SerafosApr 6, 2022 12:49 AM

More topics from this board

» 9 min preview

MegamiRem - Feb 15, 2021

2 by MegamiRem »»
Mar 19, 2021 3:07 AM

» link?

Ceijiro - Mar 1, 2021

2 by TheKillerAngel »»
Mar 10, 2021 3:43 PM

» February 26, 2021

Syureria - Nov 25, 2020

1 by kioalne »»
Jan 17, 2021 8:18 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.