Forum Settings
Forums

Anti-Vaxxers Could Be Helping Create Deadlier Versions of Covid

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jul 21, 2021 1:19 PM

Jan 2009
Noboru said:

A review of available clinical information, including death certificates, autopsy, and medical records, has not established a causal link to COVID-19 vaccines. However, recent reports indicate a plausible causal relationship between the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 Vaccine and TTS, a rare and serious adverse event—blood clots with low platelets—which has caused deaths. https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/safety/adverse-events.html
Why take the risk in the first place when the risk of a serious infection is very low?

because of the title drop

Unvaccinated and Anti-Vaxxers Could Be Helping Create Deadlier Versions of Covid

plus long term effects or complications from recovering with covid-19
Jul 21, 2021 1:21 PM

May 2021
they must ban vaccine related content in this forum so antivaxxers could stop humiliating themselves here

Jul 21, 2021 1:28 PM

Jan 2009
deg said:
Unvaccinated and Anti-Vaxxers Could Be Helping Create Deadlier Versions of Covid

I don't believe in that. The virus won't become deadlier, that's not the type for it

Those long term effects are only affecting a minority and only those with comorbidities and/or of very old age, mostly. And even for that, there is already a medicament that has made someone recover from long covid:

https://www.fau.eu/2021/07/06/news/medication-for-autoantibodies-also-effective-for-long-covid/
Jul 21, 2021 1:30 PM

Jan 2009
Noboru said:
deg said:

I don't believe in that. The virus won't become deadlier, that's not the type for it

Those long term effects are only affecting a minority and only those with comorbidities and/or of very old age, mostly. And even for that, there is already a medicament that has made someone recover from long covid:

https://www.fau.eu/2021/07/06/news/medication-for-autoantibodies-also-effective-for-long-covid/

again viruses mutate faster especially if it can multiply rapidly like infect everybody

long term effects are still an unknown at this point ye but preliminary results are bad

thats it for me hopefully
Jul 21, 2021 1:32 PM

Jan 2009
deg said:
Noboru said:

again viruses mutate faster especially if it can multiply rapidly like infect everybody

So even when they mutate faster, it won't make a difference when they stay the same or evolve into less harmful variants

How do you mean that?
Jul 21, 2021 1:44 PM

Jan 2009
Noboru said:
deg said:

So even when they mutate faster, it won't make a difference when they stay the same or evolve into less harmful variants

How do you mean that?

read the first post dude and even watch the youtube video in the first post that is only 5 minutes long

also
COVID-19 (coronavirus): Long-term effects
COVID-19 symptoms can sometimes persist for months. The virus can damage the lungs, heart and brain, which increases the risk of long-term health problems. https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/coronavirus/in-depth/coronavirus-long-term-effects/art-20490351
Jul 21, 2021 1:57 PM

May 2021
deg said:
Noboru said:

How do you mean that?

read the first post dude and even watch the youtube video in the first post that is only 5 minutes long

also
COVID-19 symptoms can sometimes persist for months. The virus can damage the lungs, heart and brain, which increases the risk of long-term health problems. https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/coronavirus/in-depth/coronavirus-long-term-effects/art-20490351

i thought that you were not discussing with this negationist

Jul 21, 2021 2:15 PM

Jan 2009
Gween_Gween said:
deg said:

also

i thought that you were not discussing with this negationist

ye i think im done with them now if he still believe what he says then its hopeless
Jul 21, 2021 3:39 PM

Jan 2009
deg said:
ye i think im done with them now if he still believe what he says then its hopeless
Me too with you
Have fun living in fear against variants
Jul 21, 2021 4:22 PM

Jan 2009
Noboru said:
deg said:
Me too with you

ye dont take this threat seriously so that this pandemic will last more longer

Fact check: Yes, viruses can mutate to become more deadly
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/factcheck/2021/07/14/fact-check-viruses-can-mutate-become-more-deadly/7839167002/
Jul 21, 2021 4:38 PM

Mar 2011
deg said:
Noboru said:
Me too with you

Fact check: Yes, viruses can mutate to become more deadly
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/factcheck/2021/07/14/fact-check-viruses-can-mutate-become-more-deadly/7839167002/
My only contribution in the thread shall be to say this: Noboru said "So even when they mutate faster, it won't make a difference when they stay the same or evolve into less harmful variants"
Which in itself is incorrect cause the point of viral evolution is to become more successful at getting hosts. Would mean they don't evolve to be less harmful but to be more contagious and spreadable, so variants from this virus, being the evolved (better) forms are going to be more "harmful", not less.
"In the end the World really doesn't need a Superman. Just a Brave one"
Jul 21, 2021 5:58 PM

Jan 2017
The fact at least 80% of all "pro-vax" covid-19 fearmongers were completely oblivious to the existence of this virus from December 2019 to March 2020 feels me with a very unique feeling, honestly hard to describe.

Pity? Disgust? Misanthropy? Amusement? I do not know, what I do know is that seeing such hypocrisy on such a wide scale is incredibly unsightly and the worst part about it is that it's all just another predictable response of human nature and it won't be going away anytime soon.

A virus no one cared about, a divided western political landscape, set during an age of cowards and a society with a morbid craving of "excitement" through fear.

A tool pulled by opposing tools while an audience of tools observe, that is the situation.
Jul 21, 2021 10:22 PM

Feb 2020
@Cneq
Very well put!

Although I'm not anti-covid vax, I find it extremely hard to trust in the vaccine when I don't trust at all in the people who are pushing it.

And the cherry on top of the cake is this Chinese-style social credit system they are starting to impose on us by the name of Digital COVID Certificate.

I'll eventually take the vaccine in a couple of months but I also think our leaders managed to radicalize another European guy.
Jul 21, 2021 10:38 PM

Jan 2009
deg said:
The "pandemic" is already under control, but yeah, continue with the fear-mongering so that this ridiculous situation will last longer

Silverstorm said:
Which in itself is incorrect cause the point of viral evolution is to become more successful at getting hosts. Would mean they don't evolve to be less harmful but to be more contagious and spreadable, so variants from this virus, being the evolved (better) forms are going to be more "harmful", not less.
"successful" doesn't mean "harmful", as a virus doesn't get anything from killing its host
Jul 21, 2021 10:41 PM

Jul 2013
Fact is that nobody is still taking the virus seriously.

Everybody is still just putting on masks to play along with what they call the scamdemic.

No point in arguing with anyone saying that they got a 99.5% chance of survival against the Wuhan virus.

Lastly, no point in arguing with anyone saying that seasonal influenza is or has been proven to be worse than corona, hoax, etc.
Jul 21, 2021 11:29 PM
Jul 2021
First two posts are on conflicting ends of the issues but are both low are iq nonetheless
10enAug 8, 2021 1:13 PM
Jul 21, 2021 11:38 PM

Mar 2019
Quite honestly, all this government propaganda is disgusting. I can't confirm that the theories about vaccines effecting fertility are real but quite honestly I have no faith in our institutions to tell the truth anymore and I'd much rather catch COVID then lose my ability to have children. It doesn't matter to me what the CDC says, I don't trust them anymore, and quite frankly, its their fault that people don't trust them because they've been caught telling too many lies.

Kurt_Irving said:

Everybody is still just putting on masks to play along with what they call the scamdemic.

No point in arguing with anyone saying that they got a 99.5% chance of survival against the Wuhan virus.

Lastly, no point in arguing with anyone saying that seasonal influenza is or has been proven to be worse than corona, hoax, etc.

This is accurate. Quite frankly, nobody cares anymore and that's the way it should be. People are over this shit. We're sick of the government fearmongering on a constant basis over a virus that isn't even that dangerous. I'm sick of corporations talking about how "we care about your safety." Fuck off, you don't give a shit about me, you care about your profits and reputation. I'm certainly not going to inject some weird crap into me to protect myself from a virus I am almost guaranteed to survive if I do catch.
Ryuk9428Jul 21, 2021 11:43 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 22, 2021 3:49 AM

Jun 2011
Noboru said:
The best immunity is already ingrained in our bodies and it's called "immune system"

You know a vaccine just teaches your immune system how to fight a disease, right?
Jul 22, 2021 8:12 AM

Jan 2009
Narmy said:
Noboru said:
The best immunity is already ingrained in our bodies and it's called "immune system"

You know a vaccine just teaches your immune system how to fight a disease, right?
If it works as intended, then yes
But the benefits/risk ratio is still too low and my immune system does already very well
Jul 22, 2021 8:42 AM

Apr 2013
Noboru said:
Narmy said:

But the benefits/risk ratio is still too low and my immune system does already very well

it WORKS as intended. You're just scared.
Jul 22, 2021 8:45 AM

Mar 2011
Noboru said:
deg said:
The "pandemic" is already under control, but yeah, continue with the fear-mongering so that this ridiculous situation will last longer

Silverstorm said:
"successful" doesn't mean "harmful", as a virus doesn't get anything from killing its host
Which is why "harmful" was in quotes in my post cause harmful isn't always dangerous. Unless its was already a dangerous virus, which means "successful" also doesn't mean "benign". Keeping a host alive is not the endgame of a virus, just replicating itself through its contagious ability-- keeping the host alive (in a "stable" condition) is more a parasite's goal than a virus'. I think you're conflating the two's endgame.
Jul 22, 2021 8:47 AM

Jan 2009
Zefyris said:
Noboru said:

Right, that's why Covid-19 is a thing of the past in Gibraltar where supposedly 100% of people have been fully immunized
I see no benefits for a virus that causes at most some minor cold for most people at my age
I'm not seeing convoys of ambulances and funeral cars to pick up the sick and to transport their remains, respectively

edit @Silverstorm: A virus can replicate itself better when the host stays alive
There is no virus goal to destroy the host
NoboruJul 22, 2021 8:52 AM
Jul 22, 2021 9:33 AM

Mar 2011
Noboru said:
Zefyris said:

Right, that's why Covid-19 is a thing of the past in Gibraltar where supposedly 100% of people have been fully immunized
I see no benefits for a virus that causes at most some minor cold for most people at my age
I'm not seeing convoys of ambulances and funeral cars to pick up the sick and to transport their remains, respectively

edit @Silverstorm: A virus can replicate itself better when the host stays alive
Of course its not a virus goal to destroy the host, but the destruction and assimilation of cells in the host winds up doing that regardless of the "intent", which is why some flus (viral) are still considered dangerous even if majority of flus are not actually dangerous (immune can handle them). We don't have to pretend history hasn't shown this already with scarlet fever, yellow fever etc etc don't intend to kill those infected, but because its replication is spread by destroying cells when it hijacks em. Really if one previous host dies while the virus infects another, did the original host matter after transmission. Not really, cause the goal was completed already--it spread to someone else. So, better replication when the host stays alive isn't saying a virus doesn't cause hosts to die, doesn't mean viruses keep their hosts alive-- the host keeps themselves alive actually. It can replicate itself better by being efficient and contagious is more its view than making sure the host stays healthy.
Jul 22, 2021 10:03 AM

Jan 2009
Silverstorm said:
Noboru said:

Of course its not a virus goal to destroy the host, but the destruction and assimilation of cells in the host winds up doing that regardless of the "intent", which is why some flus (viral) are still considered dangerous even if majority of flus are not actually dangerous (immune can handle them). We don't have to pretend history hasn't shown this already with scarlet fever, yellow fever etc etc don't intend to kill those infected, but because its replication is spread by destroying cells when it hijacks em. Really if one previous host dies while the virus infects another, did the original host matter after transmission. Not really, cause the goal was completed already--it spread to someone else. So, better replication when the host stays alive isn't saying a virus doesn't cause hosts to die, doesn't mean viruses keep their hosts alive-- the host keeps themselves alive actually. It can replicate itself better by being efficient and contagious is more its view than making sure the host stays healthy.
I'm not sure what you want to say, but humanity went through so many pandemics already and this one isn't even remotely as serious as the previous ones, at least not if you live in a modern first world country and are not even part of any risk group
Jul 22, 2021 10:23 AM

Mar 2011
Noboru said:
Silverstorm said:
I'm not sure what you want to say, but humanity went through so many pandemics already and this one isn't even remotely as serious as the previous ones, at least not if you live in a modern first world country and are not even part of any risk group
Agreed, for the most part (I think the modern age is what makes it riskier regardless of national containment status compared to old pandemics imo). I was saying facts about viruses while trying to stay out of the topic of the thread. I can see both sides of what you and deg are saying and believe more clarity on viral spread can maybe help a middle ground be found was the aim.
Jul 22, 2021 10:24 AM

Jan 2009
Noboru said:

fact check

Viruses do walk a fine line between transmissibility and virulence. A virus needs to be able to replicate and transmit its progeny but at the same time not cause too much harm to its host, which would mean it doesn't have an opportunity to spread.

This evolutionary trade-off likely can keep a virus in check, but it's not as black-and-white as Victory makes it out to be. Experts say viral mutation is a complex calculus but there are several instances where viruses have evolved into more lethal strains.

we rate FALSE the claim that viruses never mutate to become more lethal. Ebola, the West Nile virus and the Spanish flu from the 1918 pandemic are all examples of viruses that became more lethal after mutating, experts say.

Jul 22, 2021 10:33 AM

Jan 2009
Silverstorm said:
Agreed, for the most part (I think the modern age is what makes it riskier regardless of national containment status compared to old pandemics imo). I was saying facts about viruses while trying to stay out of the topic of the thread. I can see both sides of what you and deg are saying and believe more clarity on viral spread can maybe help a middle ground be found was the aim.
I'm not sure if I got it right, but isn't the sentence in brackets basically contrary to your very first sentence?
Also not sure there is even a middle ground

@deg: yes, viruses can mutate to become more dangerous, but SARS-CoV-2 is not the type for it
We've had over one year already, yet there is no significant increase in deadliness
Jul 22, 2021 10:36 AM

May 2021
Ryuk9428 said:
Quite honestly, all this government propaganda is disgusting. I can't confirm that the theories about vaccines effecting fertility are real but quite honestly I have no faith in our institutions to tell the truth anymore and I'd much rather catch COVID then lose my ability to have children. It doesn't matter to me what the CDC says, I don't trust them anymore, and quite frankly, its their fault that people don't trust them because they've been caught telling too many lies.

Kurt_Irving said:

This is accurate. Quite frankly, nobody cares anymore and that's the way it should be. People are over this shit. We're sick of the government fearmongering on a constant basis over a virus that isn't even that dangerous. I'm sick of corporations talking about how "we care about your safety." Fuck off, you don't give a shit about me, you care about your profits and reputation. I'm certainly not going to inject some weird crap into me to protect myself from a virus I am almost guaranteed to survive if I do catch.

mfw an antivaxx call me low iq in other forum because i dont want to read his endless nonsense
well to be expected, antivaxxers are low in intellectual humility sense

Jul 22, 2021 10:39 AM

Jan 2009
Noboru said:

@deg: yes, viruses can mutate to become more dangerous, but SARS-CoV-2 is not the type for it
We've had over one year already, yet there is no significant increase in deadliness

never say never when random mutations occur and the more it spreads the more random mutations will happen
Jul 22, 2021 11:41 AM

Jan 2009
deg said:
Noboru said:

never say never when random mutations occur and the more it spreads the more random mutations will happen
I'm not taking part in your fearmongering
Jul 22, 2021 11:45 AM

Jan 2009
Noboru said:
deg said:

I'm not taking part in your fearmongering

fact check again there is already a new variant of concern

Epsilon variant mutations help spur COVID immune evasion
Studies reveal unprecedented mechanism behind loss of antibody neutralization against this pandemic coronavirus variant of concern.
https://newsroom.uw.edu/news/epsilon-variant-mutations-contribute-covid-immune-evasion

Epsilon variant of COVID-19 more resistant to vaccines, finds study: All you need to know
It is 20 percent more transmissible than the preceding coronavirus variants.
https://www.firstpost.com/health/epsilon-variant-of-covid-19-more-resistant-to-vaccines-finds-study-all-you-need-to-know-9792951.html
degJul 22, 2021 11:49 AM
Jul 22, 2021 12:15 PM

Jan 2009
deg said:
Keep your "fact checks" for yourself and take a look outside. Is the situation any different from how it was the years before? Other than things having become more restrictive
Jul 22, 2021 12:19 PM

Jan 2009
Noboru said:
deg said:
Keep your "fact checks" for yourself and take a look outside. Is the situation any different from how it was the years before? Other than things having become more restrictive

ye keep in denial of the new variants thats making this pandemic last longer

its sad that youve become an extremist now so much for that cool user persona you got in the past
Jul 22, 2021 12:25 PM

Jul 2017
Noboru said:
deg said:

Pls stop talking, you're just embarrassing yourself.

Jul 22, 2021 1:35 PM

Jan 2009
deg said:
ye keep in denial of the new variants thats making this pandemic last longer

its sad that youve become an extremist now so much for that cool user persona you got in the past
The only thing that prolongs this "pandemic" is the political definition

lol criticizing the response against SARS-CoV-2 makes someone an extremist in your eyes. Seems like the fear doesn't let you keep your cool, because I'm not the one to unsubscribe to people just because I don't like their opinions

laslodj said:
Noboru said:

Pls stop talking, you're just embarrassing yourself.
lol, be quiet on the cheap seats
Jul 22, 2021 5:49 PM
Jul 2018
That's not news, they where doing this with all the illness since forever. But yeah, god, they are annoying.
Jul 23, 2021 1:08 PM

Mar 2011
Noboru said:
I'm not sure if I got it right, but isn't the sentence in brackets basically contrary to your very first sentence?
Also not sure there is even a middle ground
Not sure, I looked but couldn't see it in my post.
Now I'm unsure if there was a middle ground either but was hoping one could be found from neutrality.
Jul 23, 2021 1:29 PM

Jan 2009
@Silverstorm:

I'm shortening things to the relevant parts, maybe that makes it easier:

Silverstorm said:
Noboru said:
humanity went through so many pandemics already and this one isn't even remotely as serious as the previous ones, at least not if you live in a modern first world country and are not even part of any risk group
Agreed, for the most part (I think the modern age is what makes it riskier regardless of national containment status compared to old pandemics imo).

My statement was that compared to earlier times, this pandemic is not even remotely as dangerous, at least not in a highly developed country with a good enough health system.
Your first sentence seems to have confirmed it, but the part in the brackets makes it appear like the modern age makes the pandemic now riskier than if it happened at an earlier time
I'm having a hard time to follow your thought in the bracket

The only middle ground I can find with pro-SARS-CoV-2 vaccine supporters is to support vaccination for risk groups and that it would be also a good idea to prioritize people in the health system and in other key functions, but I'm strictly against forcing people or pressuring them in one form or other, at the very least not at this current stage. If it were as deadly as Ebola or even worse, I would have already got the jab, but at this stage I can safely say that it's best to at least wait until the vaccine studies are concluded, at least when you're a healthy young person
Jul 23, 2021 1:48 PM

Mar 2011
Noboru said:
@Silverstorm:

Silverstorm said:
Agreed, for the most part (I think the modern age is what makes it riskier regardless of national containment status compared to old pandemics imo).

My statement was that compared to earlier times, this pandemic is not even remotely as dangerous, at least not in a highly developed country with a good enough health system.
Your first sentence seems to have confirmed it, but the part in the brackets makes it appear like the modern age makes the pandemic now riskier than if it happened at an earlier time

The only middle ground I can find with pro-SARS-CoV-2 vaccine supporters is to support vaccination for risk groups and that it would be also a good idea to prioritize people in the health system and in other key functions, but I'm strictly against forcing people or pressuring them in one form or other, at the very least not at this current stage. If it were as deadly as Ebola or even worse, I would have already got the jab, but at this stage I can safely say that it's best to at least wait until the vaccine studies are concluded, at least when you're a healthy young person
Ah, that really helped! I was avoding using the word dangerous, instead using riskier cause the former imo implies deadly-- which I agree with you, past pandemics were deadlier cause effective measurements and treatments weren't available or known. 'Riskier" was meant as the likelihood for the pandemic or its effects on things (ie economies, personal finance, prices) to linger, like trying to climb out a whole but slipping down a few inches with each foot gained. Thats not really deadly, like "dangerous"-- putting spikes at the bottom of said "hole-in-ground".

Sounds like thats a good middle ground, I see the reasoning of it, makes sense.
Jul 23, 2021 2:17 PM

Jan 2009
Silverstorm said:
Noboru said:
@Silverstorm:

Ah, that really helped! I was avoding using the word dangerous, instead using riskier cause the former imo implies deadly-- which I agree with you, past pandemics were deadlier cause effective measurements and treatments weren't available or known. 'Riskier" was meant as the likelihood for the pandemic or its effects on things (ie economies, personal finance, prices) to linger, like trying to climb out a whole but slipping down a few inches with each foot gained. Thats not really deadly, like "dangerous"-- putting spikes at the bottom of said "hole-in-ground".

Sounds like thats a good middle ground, I see the reasoning of it, makes sense.
Good differentiation and yes, past pandemics were deadlier, but I wouldn't say it's just the medical advancement but also the living conditions that helped make virus infections become less fatal. Kind reminder that most Spanish flu people actually died from a bacterial infection, which is something that is less likely in a modern country when there is proper enough hygiene

Ah so you basically mean that the effects this whole situation has is riskier on a financial perspective than on past economies?

Thanks, it's based on my personal risk assessment
When politicians and plain normal people can get together in a more social settings with less formalities and thus: no masks, the whole general mask mandate is put ad absurdum. Like how people that are closer to us or are less of a threat to our health. When being in a more casual settings, even mask supporters would rather not wear masks the whole time when a family member or a friend would visit
It's like being around strangers and in formal settings makes the virus suddenly more dangerous

Or when there is talk about how there will be higher chances of getting natural disasters because of the climate change, then masks and keeping distance don't matter any longer, but when it comes to warnings about the umpteenth wave, then masks are like the quintessential part to have

A few well-known politicians caught the virus and even had to be treated intensively, but the main risk factor I'm seeing is the stress and not the status of whether someone is vaccinated or not. Because the vaccine that is said to at least prevent more serious courses of disease, like how it's been praised, won't work that well when you have a life full of stress, which is likely the main reason why the Luxembourgian Prime Minister had the issues, even when he's been double-jabbed already
Jul 28, 2021 1:38 AM

Jul 2015
Like clockwork
https://www.nytimes.com/2021/07/27/health/covid-cdc-masks-vaccines-delta-variant.html

Revising a decision made just two months ago, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said on Tuesday that people vaccinated against the coronavirus should resume wearing masks in public indoor spaces in parts of the country where the virus is surging.

C.D.C. officials also called for universal masking for teachers, staff, students and visitors in schools, regardless of vaccination status and community transmission of the virus. With additional precautions, schools nonetheless should return to in-person learning in the fall.

The recommendations are another baleful twist in the course of America’s pandemic, a war-weary concession that the virus is outstripping vaccination efforts. The agency’s move follows rising case counts in states like Florida and Missouri, as well as growing reports of breakthrough infections of the more contagious Delta variant among people who are fully immunized.

“The Delta variant is showing every day its willingness to outsmart us,” Dr. Rochelle Walensky, director of the C.D.C., said at a news briefing on Tuesday.

The C.D.C. said Americans should resume wearing masks in areas where there are more than 50 new infections per 100,000 residents over the previous seven days, or more than 8 percent of tests are positive for infection over that period. Health officials should reassess these figures weekly and change local restrictions accordingly, the agency said.

By those criteria, all residents of Florida, Arkansas and Louisiana, for example, should wear masks indoors. Nearly two-thirds of U.S. counties qualify, many concentrated in the South.

The agency said that even vaccinated Americans in areas without surges might consider wearing a mask in public indoor settings if they or someone in their household has an impaired immune system or is at risk for severe disease, or if someone in the household is unvaccinated.

That includes vaccinated parents of children under age 12, who are currently ineligible for the shots.

C.D.C. officials were persuaded by new scientific evidence showing that even vaccinated people may become infected and may carry the virus in great amounts, perhaps even similar to those in unvaccinated people, Dr. Walensky acknowledged at the news briefing.

Data from several states and other countries show that the variant behaves differently from previous versions of the coronavirus, she added: “This new science is worrisome and unfortunately warrants an update to our recommendation.”

Laughing at the previous posters on this thread. Let's ignore all of medical history and assume covid is super special and somehow won't develop a resistance to half-assed measures bruh.
Jul 28, 2021 1:48 AM

Jul 2015
Opticflash said:
Slawadia said:

That's a misunderstanding then.
Do you know what darwinism means? It is essentially like a filter.
In this case the filter is the vaccinated body. Instances of the virus that enter said body typically die. This is the good scenario.
But the problem is viruses mutate, not all instances of the viruses are the same. In the rare chance that a virus survives the filter, that instance of the virus now has free rein to multiply and spread to other vaccinated hosts.
That's my point. That dangerous vaccine-resistant mutations of the viruses are likely to come from a vaccinated host. But nowhere in this thread did I imply that this is
means mutations only occur, or occur more often, in vaccinated hosts. Nor that this means you shouldn't get vaccinated. It's been proven time and again that vaccination works (treats existing diseases like measles and dengue, or even better, causes viruses to be come entirely extinct like smallpox ). No shit that if there's more viruses, as a consequence of more hosts(unvaccinated), means more mutation. Everyone knows that. That wasn't my point. The solution to viruses evolving is to simply develop new treatments for the new variant after all. I'm arguing specifically about what I consider the most dangerous ones, which are the vaccine immune/resistant mutations, which again, are logically more likely to come from a vaccinated host.
I'm just criticizing the logic of the article.

Your logic is ridiculously flawed. Here's the actual logic:

Unvaccinated
1. 90% of original virus dies.
2. 10% survive and produce new variants A (1%), B (1%), that spread to other people. B is resistant to the vaccine.

Vaccinated
1. 99% of original virus dies.
2. 1% survive and produce new variants A (<< 0.1%), B (0.1%) that spread to other people. B is resistant to the vaccine.

Another idiot who doesn't understand what darwinism is.
When you incentivize something to survive given a set of conditions, those that survive those conditions will spread and thrive, stupid.
The argument isn't about the raw volume of mutations, but specifically about dangerous vaccine-resistant mutations.
Jul 28, 2021 5:26 AM

Jan 2009
Slawadia said:

C.D.C. officials were persuaded by new scientific evidence showing that even vaccinated people may become infected and may carry the virus in great amounts, perhaps even similar to those in unvaccinated people, Dr. Walensky acknowledged at the news briefing.

alright that is new science so i stand corrected if its true
Jul 28, 2021 6:31 AM
Jun 2021
Stop trying to scare me it’s not working I’m not scared of the flu lol
Jul 28, 2021 10:12 AM

Aug 2018
Slawadia said:
Opticflash said:

Your logic is ridiculously flawed. Here's the actual logic:

Unvaccinated
1. 90% of original virus dies.
2. 10% survive and produce new variants A (1%), B (1%), that spread to other people. B is resistant to the vaccine.

Vaccinated
1. 99% of original virus dies.
2. 1% survive and produce new variants A (<< 0.1%), B (0.1%) that spread to other people. B is resistant to the vaccine.

Another idiot who doesn't understand what darwinism is.
When you incentivize something to survive given a set of conditions, those that survive those conditions will spread and thrive, stupid.
The argument isn't about the raw volume of mutations, but specifically about dangerous vaccine-resistant mutations.

Unvaccinated hosts produce vaccine non-resistant variants AND resistant variants, dumbass.

Let's simplify this for you.

For an unvaccinated host:
X amount of A variant is produced and Y amount of B variant is produced. B is resistant to the vaccine. Both A and B variants survive and spread.

IF this person were vaccinated:
X amount of A variant is produced and Y amount of B variant is produced. B is resistant to the vaccine. Most of A dies, while B survives and spreads.

That's how vaccines work. It kills most of A but not B, but, if the person is unvaccinated instead, it doesn't kill most of BOTH A and B. CLEARLY, X + Y > Y so X + Y is worse than Y.

Perhaps that's why you're from "the south"? Go back to school and learn how math and biology works, idiot.
OpticflashJul 28, 2021 10:55 AM
Jul 28, 2021 11:41 AM

May 2013
Oh yeah wow guys let's just all be really super mean about it ;_;

I CELEBRATE myself,
And what I assume you shall assume,
For every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you.
Jul 28, 2021 3:29 PM

Jan 2009
related

97% Of People Entering Hospitals For COVID-19 Are Unvaccinated
https://www.npr.org/2021/07/16/1017012853/97-of-people-entering-hospitals-for-covid-19-are-unvaccinated
Jul 29, 2021 2:51 AM

Nov 2013
shouldn't it be the other way around?

Aren't vaxxers basically giving the virus more challenge to deal with thus making it stronger?
mind, body & SOUL

Jul 29, 2021 1:13 PM

Aug 2018
sirius said:
shouldn't it be the other way around?

Aren't vaxxers basically giving the virus more challenge to deal with thus making it stronger?

Viruses do not have evolutionary intelligence. They do not say "hey I'll transform into X to bypass the immune system".
Jul 29, 2021 2:00 PM

Oct 2014
deg said:
Don’t think if you are vaccinated and live in an area with higher vaccination rates that the Covid story is over. “If you have states that are hotspots for Covid, it puts everybody at risk,” said Labus.

That’s because pockets of unvaccinated people are petri dishes for the Covid-19 virus to spread and mutate. “The more people that the virus infects, the better and better that the virus is going to get at infecting people,” said Erin Mordecai, PhD, a biology professor at Stanford University.

Mordecai tells us to imagine the virus buying a lottery ticket with every new infection. Sure, each individual infection has a low chance of becoming a mutation that spreads across the world. But more infections means more lottery tickets and more chances the virus has to win—and winning for the virus means becoming more contagious and able to pierce the effectiveness of our vaccines.

more here
https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/anti-vaxxers-could-helping-create-105000576.html
https://www.menshealth.com/health/a37069291/anti-vax-spreads-variants/

yep more infections then more chances of mutation or evolution for the virus #HerdImmunityNow

this is a great in depth video about this too here https://youtu.be/Ha6yUxze1vk

So this is the new strategy for guilt-tripping people into getting a vaccination? Guess they realized that lying to people in the face about vaccination supposedly protecting against being a virus carrier that can infect others did not turn out as well as they hoped. Yes, they made such claims on TV, something that everyone with the slightest of knowledge would know to be false...

And now the story is "the risk of mutations is higher when you aren't vaccinated"? Sorry, but that credibility has to be regained first before I am listening to anymore "experts" that share the same view as people who spread such an obvious lie previously, especially when you can see the shadows of the Pharma Industry plastered all over it at a glance.

Not to mention alternatives that had been found much earlier than the current vaccines are still "in the process of evaluation" and probably won't stop being so until it's all over already, after all our dear Pharma Industry can't allow any "competitors" to come into the picture.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.