Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Jul 19, 7:54 PM
They fucked up asia face so much. She’s still cute but damn it hurt me the most

Jul 19, 8:02 PM

asia? atleast her hair's still okay. did you look at rias?
eh anyway, it's just the face shape.

Jul 19, 8:04 PM
The NewArt Style really Changed some characters aBit like Asia with changed hairstyle & Bigger eyes, Rias with a Cuter aBit like Child.

Jul 19, 8:08 PM
oreosNanime said:
They fucked up asia face so much. She’s still cute but damn it hurt me the most
certifiedbinger said:
asia? atleast her hair's still okay. did you look at rias?
eh anyway, it's just the face shape.
TISupe said:
The NewArt Style really Changed some characters aBit like Asia with changed hairstyle & Bigger eyes, Rias with a Cuter aBit like Child.

Y'all issues are nothing compared to poor Koneco, girl went from being short to having the body of a 10 year and the face of something even younger. Sad times lol
Recent Reviews Include;
Hige wo Soru. Soshite Joshikousei wo Hirou. - 8.5/10
Evangelion: 3.0+1.0 Thrice Upon a Time - ?/10
The Day I Became a God - 7.5/10
School Days - 10/10

All available here on Mal at - https://myanimelist.net/profile/momentie/reviews
With some on Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCP3R9g4ZA8fjuVpYEcpEJyA

Jul 19, 8:15 PM

I couldn't watch it after the studio change, like the direction seemed a bit off and everything was like uncanny valley to me (if that's even possible). I also felt this way with Yuru Yuri season 3 (softer visuals, and it lost the comedic effect).
There's no need for all this tension.

Jul 19, 8:41 PM
I’m in the minority but I actually like the Art Style Passione did. It’s bright and cutesy which cheers you up. It may not be as Sexy as TNK’s character designs. However it’s more in line with the character’s Face Structure from the LN Illustrations which is what they were going for I believe. The series still had their sexy moments, and the art style to me, at least, didn’t take it away.

Jul 19, 10:16 PM

old art style and new art style are both good

Jul 19, 11:00 PM
I think Xenovia's adaptation was worse than other characters. She literally lost her serious and blank face which was like a charm. Remember the pool ep which was in season 3(i guess), she literally had a expressionless face when she told that she wanted to make a baby. I was laughing a bit at her straight forwardness. Waiting for season 5 cuz I can't hate dxd tho. 😁

Jul 19, 11:22 PM
I knooooow 😭😭😭 Poor Asia and Koneko, they were the cutest, but I HATE the new style! I'll get used to it eventually, but it's still so sad what they did to our girls 😭😭😭

Jul 20, 12:00 AM
I mean the old art style is definitely better but the new one isn't as bad as people say.

Jul 20, 12:06 AM
Bruh I like this art style more than the previous one. Ppl are just overreacting.

Jul 20, 1:11 AM
The old art style was better. The new art style isn’t that bad but I would prefer the older style.

Jul 20, 1:30 AM
Asia got worse, Koneko got a bit worse, Kiba got worse, Issei is fine, rias was fine, Akeno is fine, gasper got worse, xenobia got a lot worse, rossweisse got better
IMO the art style really fucked up with the main characters overall, but at least they’re bearable. At least the animation for battles looked better overall, although I still wish for dxd to go to its older artstyle for season 6 (despite its unlikelines)

Jul 20, 8:36 AM
To be fair, the animation is good. The quality is great and it looks great, the new animation helped a lot when it came to things like fight scenes but fucking christ, those character designs are shit, nobody looks like themselves. The new character designs take a lot out of the story, especially when it comes to the comedic undertones of the story.

Jul 20, 9:01 AM

I deadass prefer the changes 🤷

Jul 20, 11:20 AM
I’m ok with it. Ofc the old art style we can agree is better but the animations were better this time around imo. This art style might be easier to draw as well. I think this art style was done digitally vs paper draft as well which also may be easier in the anime development realm.

Now my random information I grabbed from reddit over the years or so beside the anime looks fine as this. This isn’t as crazy as when American Dragon Jake Long changed artists or whatever. Its still passable.

Jul 20, 1:02 PM
i personally think this nearly ruined the anime for me, they looked stupid imo

Jul 20, 2:35 PM
The new art style in season 4 is awful. It totally ruined the anime for me.

Jul 21, 3:22 AM
Looked horrid but the main tournament guy looked sick with the change

Jul 26, 5:32 PM
In seasons 1-3 the art made our girls downright sexy, drop dead gorgeous even, their faces, their curves especially when they’re nak-(emotion controlling light from overlord)

…anyway what I was getting at is that the attention and depth in the detail made the girls in that show the bombshells that they are now. The new art style makes them look like just your average generic harem girls, forgettable AT BEST. Its so sad how badly the new studio nerfed their hotness…

Jul 29, 8:18 AM
Denevv said:
In seasons 1-3 the art made our girls downright sexy, drop dead gorgeous even, their faces, their curves especially when they’re nak-(emotion controlling light from overlord)

…anyway what I was getting at is that the attention and depth in the detail made the girls in that show the bombshells that they are now. The new art style makes them look like just your average generic harem girls, forgettable AT BEST. Its so sad how badly the new studio nerfed their hotness…

Get over it. The art style isn't going to change. The old studio of seasons 1-3 will never get to touch DxD again after what they did with season 3. Plus, the author seems pleased with this change

Jul 29, 1:23 PM
[quote=IsseiHyodo18 message=63975247]
Denevv said:

Get over it. The art style isn't going to change. The old studio of seasons 1-3 will never get to touch DxD again after what they did with season 3. Plus, the author seems pleased with this change[/quoteW
IsseiHyodo18 said:
Denevv said:

Get over it. The art style isn't going to change. The old studio of seasons 1-3 will never get to touch DxD again after what they did with season 3. Plus, the author seems pleased with this change

Regardless, I think most people favor the favor the old art style better… And if not, that’s okay too, however thats my opinion and im entitled to it… so uhh buh bye felicia ✌🏾

Aug 7, 6:21 PM

IsseiHyodo18 said:
Denevv said:

Meanwhile, it is the lowest rated season of all.

Aug 12, 10:25 PM

sockerdricka said:
IsseiHyodo18 said:

Meanwhile, it is the lowest rated season of all.

regardless of the rating i heard this season was more faithful to the LN than the old seasons so i really don't mind
and the animation in this season is also better than the old seasons
”A fight isn't won once a victor is decided, it's won when someone loses.” – Izayoi Sakamaki

I don’t even know the real names of the two… no, three that I killed back then. I just closed my eyes, put my hands over my ears and tried to forget it all.” – Kirito

MY ANIME LIST